THE BRIDE FROM THE WEST

By theone_who_writes

"You will return... Right?" He asked "You can't... Betray me . Kiara " He said with a hint of sadness in his... More

Kiara's Backstory
The layout of the story
1 - I DIED !!
2- MEETING THE CROWN PRINCE
3 - VAZRAKSH's BACKSTORY
5 - REALLY ? ANYTHING ?
6 - Human life is fragile .
7- Those Beautiful Eyes.
8 - THIS IS THE ONLY WAY
9 - I'M NOT SURE ANYMORE
10 - ARRIVAL .
The Royal culture
11 - TOO TIRED
12 - YOU CAN'T LIE TO ME..
13 - THE ECHOING LAUGHS
14 - YOU CAN'T SEE ME?
15 - AN ANGEL UNDER THE MOONLIGHT
16 - I CANNOT FORGET.. VAZRAKSH
17 - I LOVE YOU... A LOT
18 - IF IT WAS IRIS.
19- SOMEONE BEHIND ME ?
20 - SHOULD I JUST KILL HIM
21 - SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW.
NOT A CHAPTER !!
22 - I HEARD SOMETHING.
23 - SHE'LL KILL YOU!
24 - THE PAST.
25 - YES! OF COURSE!
26 - THE GIFT.
27 - THE DANCING LADY
ANNOUNCEMENT and an apology..
28 - DEEP INTO THE DARKNESS
29 - COULD SEE THE WORLD CRUMBLING
RECAP
30- I WILL, I HAVE TO.
31 - KILLING HER SPIRIT
32 - FOR A WHILE.
UPDATE
33- A Day is all you have
34 - THE SECOND WIFE
35 - I'M SO SORRY.

4 - WOULD THAT MAKE ME HAPPY ?

334 34 28
By theone_who_writes

It's been hours since I came back from the royal palace and right now I'm walking my path down the corridor of the Meckelov mansion towards the dinning hall . And I'm pretty sure that Duke Meckelov , Iris's father would be joining me too . It would be a lie if I said I wasn't nervous to meet him but more than nervous I was scared because in the novel Duke Meckelov was depicted as a Mean businessman who was evil enough to use his one and only daughter as a tool to gain power . That Wet Cat Crown prince did not seemed to be having any thoughts of letting go of me so I only had one option left in front of me . Ask the Duke for help . I knew this was a hopeless idea but I can't let these two men play with my life . Iris may have had played along with their games but I can't , I've lived my whole life in 21st century without relying on anyone and making my own decisions and I can't bear the thought of being controlled against my will.

The carved door made from Oak timber opened to give me the view of the glamorous dinning hall of the estate . There was huge rectangular dining table in the centre of the room with god knows how many chairs arranged with it . There was a glass chandelier hanging from the roof right at centre of the ceiling and there were numbers of candles lit on the cabinets making the room as bright as day . The red curtains hanging to the long windows were contrasting with the bright room . In the Master chair of the dinning table was a man sitting with his eyes fixed on me as I examined the room . He had coal black hair similar to Iris and hazel eyes which made his white skin look even whiter . By the look he seemed to be in his late forties and had lean physique . He eyed me as if something was not right . Only then did I realise that I had to greet him . I lifted the hem of my skirt and bowed to him in a polite greeting .

"Good Evening , Father "

"Hmm" He took his eyes off me and I seated myself into the chair next to him . The servants began serving the food . Apart from the sugarless Tea , My another problem here was the food .
I , Kiara belonged to a Hindu family which held strong believes in Dharma so I had never eaten even an egg so meat was out of the question . But here the majority of food was only meat and I couldn't bear the sight of it .

"Take the meat away " I told the lady in waiting who putting a piece of chicken in in plate . She seemed confused but eventually followed and started serving me Beef instead .

"Take ALL the meat away " I confirmed that I didn't want to eat any meat . She really seemed surprised by my words because the real Iris was a meat lover and wouldn't have ever refused meat.

I had to fill myself up with Salad , rice and bread only . It's not like I have any options. But to my surprise The Duke didn't say a word about this whole situation . Far less a word , He didn't even glaced in my direction . 'Can't you at least even pretend to care about why your daughter is not eating her favourite food !' .... At this point I really felt bad for the real Iris for having such a parent .

The dinner was almost over and a servant was filling the Duke's glass with wine . The Duke didn't show any expression throughout the dinner . There was no conversation between the two of us and by the servant's reactions it didn't seem to anything new .

"Father , I want to talk to you about something." Gathering all of my courage I pulled his attention towards me .

"Is it important ?" His eyes held a very strange glow in them .

"Yes" With this he signaled all the servants to leave the dinning hall .

'Speak" He directed his Ice cold eyes towards me and I felt and tingling sensation run down my spine .

"I want to break off the engagement with the Crown prince " It took me only a second to blurt out my words in spite of how nervous I was .

The moment the Duke heard my words , I saw his expressionless face crumbling and shock colored his face .

"WHAT!! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!!"

'Wow . The exact line Alexis told me ..... Was this the only line they knew when they were pilled in unexpected situations ?'

"I'm serious , Father . I don't want to be in a Marriage with the Crown prince " I said firmly as I watched the Duke eyebrows twitch in disbelief . 'Well , I get it that you can't believe your lovely daughter is going against you , but I can't care less about you when I know I'm gonna die . You get it sir ?'

"HAVE YOU REALLY GONE INSANE IRIS ? Weren't just so in love with the Crown prince a few days ago ? What happened now ? Huh?"

"Father , Do I really need to explain this to you ? His Highness doesn't loves me . He loves someone else "

"Love ? You never cared about him loving someone else . And are you really gonna let go off him for something as trivial as love ? You disappoint me Iris ." He made it sound as if I was an idiot you was trying dig the ocean with a shovel .

'I ? A DISAPPOINTMENT !? No no no sir .. I'm not a disappointment . YOU ARE !! YOU are the one who is pushing you're daughter into a loveless marriage with a cowardly bastard who is openly having an affair with maid . So why am I a disappointment ?!'

"So you're telling me that you're fine with letting your only daughter enter a loveless marriage with someone who openly cheated on her " This time I was not speaking to save my life but I was speaking for Iris , who could never question her Father.

"Why does that even matter ?  You're getting the position of the Crown Princess , The noblest position in the whole Empire , You get to be the Future Empress of this Empire ."

"You ... Really ? " I was at a loss of words . His words did made sense in a way . But I couldn't belief these words came out of a Father's mouth .

"Father, Do you really think that would make me happy " my voice was becoming louder due to anger .

"Why wouldn't it? You get all the wealth and power in the empire . Would that not make you happy " He made it sound as if I was asking a dumb question .

"That would make me rich or powerful , Father . Not happy ." my voice crystal clear.

"How is it any difference ?"

'God . This man is hopeless . All that matter to him is money and power.'

"For you it may be the same , Father . But for me being rich and being happy are two different things and one thing is clear I will not marry the Crown Prince at any cost ." I made my point clear.

"How dare you disobey me ! I will make sure you never have such a thought again . You are grounded for a week " He looked down at me as if I was some stubborn kid who was crying to get a doll .

"Sure, Father . You can ground me , Lock me in my room and do anything that you want but you can never convince me for this marriage . Even if you somehow force your way through me and dress me in a white dress and walk me down the Aisle to marry the Crown prince , When the priest would ask me if I accept the crown prince as my husband , I would say NO! what would you do about that ? Huh? " I drained my anger and frustration through my words as the Duke stood speechless.

"The worse you can do is kill me , So go ahead , Kill me . Cause I'd rather die than live a miserable life with a cheating husband and a society that blames me for my Fiance's wrongdoings " I exhausted my breath by the last words and stood looking the Duke straight into his eyes and the dinner ended .

Two , It's been two days since I've been grounded . One thing was clear that I would not marry that piece of shit crown prince . Now I'm thinking of what to do after i get rid of this engagement . Should I enjoy the social life as Iris ? Naah ! In the novel social circles were places where noble ladies used to gather and gossip about rumors and political relations . I can't do that , Gossiping and spreading baseless rumours . Moreover it was mentioned that parties were places where places where people used to hide their motives behind a smile and mock others with sweet words . So no , Not my cup of tea .

Then, should I try some hobby , but what ? I've never had any hobby in my past life cause I was either too busy in my studies or in my smartphone and I don't have enough motivation at moment to start something new . So there's only one option left . TRAVELLING!!

Yes ! I've always wanted to travel in my past life but never got a chance to do so . But now I would travel cause I have a Father who is the richest in the empire so no worry about the money . But where should I travel to ?

I walked towards the corner of the room where a roof length bookshelf was placed . God ! Did the real Iris really read all these books ? I climbed the ladder to look for some book that might help me to make my travel plan for the future . As I reached the forth column of the shelf a spider popped up in front of me all of a sudden and stumbled on the ladder and fell on the floor . A book fell on head and I grunted in pain .

"What the he-" my eyes widened by the scene in front me .

A book was lying open on the floor and there was a map of a country drawn on the paper.

'INDIA!!!' I screamed inwardly . The book showed the map of the Indian subcontinent .

"OH MY GOD !"

I WILL TRAVEL TO INDIA !!

  Hi guys ~

Thankyou for showing so much support and I would really appreciate it you would also upvote my story cause a lot people didn't upvote it after reading the chapters ...

Moreover .. Our story is progressing !!

Just 2 more chapters and Kiara would finally meet Vazraksh and then it's a Romance Blast .

Can't wait for that to happen ...Hehe 😁

Till then bye~bye~♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

287K 2.1K 7
Believe it or not, we assume every love tale as cliche until and unless we dive into it. Both above figures had a kind of part to play here which is...
14.6K 680 35
Her pov Everything is gonna change in One Night. My life will turn upside down so do my dreams. Being forced into this marriage is never in my though...
31.3K 1.8K 24
《Sequel to HIGH》 ** > "You make me feel like I'm intoxicated." "Intoxicated by you." ** Zaisha once said, "I'll lose my heart to you, time and time...
27.9K 814 50
Indian love story ...... # Sweet Ordinary Girl #Royal Prince charming # Enemies to lovers Every girl in this country is dying to marry me. Huh...