One Punch Man: The Beacon of...

By Zeta_Lyfe

One Punch Man, but with a lot of hope! A Man who is a Hero for Fun. A Cyborg on a quest for Justice. A Ninja... More

Chapter 1 The Hopeful Boy
Chapter 2 The Lone Cyborg
Chapter 3 The Obsessive Scientist
Chapter 5 The Ultimate Master
Chapter 6 The Modern Ninja
Chapter 7 The Ultimate Disciple
Chapter 8 The Deep Sea King
Chapter 9 The Golden Warrior
Chapter 10 Unbound Hope
Chapter 11 Unparalleled Peril
Chapter 12 The Dominator of the Universe

Chapter 4 The Cold Psychic

286 10 1
By Zeta_Lyfe

A group of thirty-five ventured to the edges of Z-City, standing at the outskirts. Before them was a forest trail leading high into the mountains. . .

Despite their numbers being so vast, only four of them were of note.

B-Class Rank 76: Lily of the Three Section Staff

B-Class Rank 3: Mountain Ape

B-Class Rank 2: Eyelashes

And of course, the Blizzard Group was led by. . .

B-Class Rank 1: Blizzard of Hell

The esper stepped out of the car, standing tall as her suited subordinates all bowed at once.

Blizzard Group: Welcome, Ms. Fubuki!

The jade haired woman walked past them, gazing up at the path leading beyond the trees.

Fubuki: . . . So this is the place?

Mountain Ape: Yes. This is the address given by the Hero Association.

Fubuki: . . . Eyelashes, Mountain Ape. You're with me. The rest of you, stay close and out of sight.

Her eyes narrowed at the peak of the mountain, her body gaining an aqua hue at the edges.

Eyelashes: Ms. Fubuki, are you sure about this? The file says this hero is only seventeen. We could have the wrong guy.

Lily: He kind of has a point. . .

Fubuki: Yes, I'm sure. I can sense the power from all the way down here. He's a naive rookie, yes. . . but he's undoubtedly strong. *smirks*

Perfect for the Blizzard Group. . . .

———————————————————————

A few days had passed since the destruction of the "House of Evolution." It was a rather uneventful week, especially following just how exciting that situation was. . . and ever since then, Citrine had been training like crazy. The gap between him and the Ultimate Hero was even crazier, so he had to get stronger.

And that's why he found himself oversleeping on this find weekend. The young man was absolutely exhausted from a week's worth of nonstop adrenaline pumping training. His alarm failed to wake him up, as did the chirping birds, the rather harsh wind, and the sensible part of his brain's urges.

WAKE THE HELL UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That part of his brain yelled quite loud!

Citrine: AH! DON'T ASK TO PLAY ROCK PAPER SCISSORS WITH A BOOGER ON YOUR FINGER! Wait, huh?

Taking a small gander, the boy realized he was back to the world of the living. . . With a small shrug he climbed out of bed and began his morning routine. It'd been a few days since he'd patrolled, so he planned on going out to deal with some monsters and as he was mapping his routes, eating cereal all the while, a loud knock came to his door.

Citrine: Hm? Weird. . . Not many people come up Rose Mountain.

Rising up from the couch, the young man stretched his sleep clothes and headed for the door when a yell echoed through his home.

B-Class Rank 69: Citrine! Come out here! Class B Rank 1: Blizzard of Hell, would like a word.

The door opened ever so slight, the house's owner peering out to see Eyelashes, Mountain Ape, and of course. . . The Blizzard of Hell herself. . .

Citrine: . . . You guys are rude.

And the door promptly shut. Three tick marks formed on the heroes outside as they were just brushed off!

Mountain Ape: Hey! We're heroes that outrank you! Open this door!

Citrine: Rankings don't give you an excuse to be rude! Ask nicely! And knock with some class! *mutters* Geez, people these days. . .

The Blizzard Group's leader rolled her eyes. He was a child. She cleared her throat and calmly knocked on the door.

Fubuki: How do you do, Citrine?

And thankfully, the door slowly opened and the boy stepped out. . . now clad in his Hero clothes.

Citrine: Thank god I'm a fast changer. . .

The newest member to B-Class Heroics stood before the oldest.

Citrine: Um. . . Great. How about you?

Fubuki: Just fine. I'm B-Class Rank 1: Blizzard of Hell. Perhaps you've heard of me?

Citrine: . . . No offense, but I kind of live in the mountains. *scratches head* I don't really know ANYONE.

Eyelashes: Hey! She's your superior, show some respect!

Citrine: *frowns* I'm not the one who came banging on the door!

Eyelashes: Gr. . .

Mountain Ape: It's tradition for all B-Class Heroes to greet Ms. Fubuki!

Citrine: *raises a brow* Oh. . . Kay. I'm Citrine, it's nice to meet you, ma'am.

Fubuki: Good enough. . .

The Esper shook her head at her subordinates' words, but quickly realized something that could be useful.

Fubuki: So, you're a country bumpkin. That must mean you're unaware of the various factions in the Hero Association.

Citrine: Factions?

Fubuki: In this industry, if you aren't a part of a group, you don't survive.

Citrine: Is that so. . .?

His questioning and obviously skeptical expression rubbed both Mountain Ape and Eyelashes the wrong way.

Fubuki: What I'm alluding to, is that raising your rank alone is near impossible.

Citrine: Why's that?

Fubuki: Obstacles in your way. Rivals, rookie crushers, villains in disguise.

Citrine: I'm sensing a 'but' here. . .

Fubuki: BUT, if you align yourself with me, I can assure that you never drop out of the top of B-Class. . .

Most wouldn't catch the double entendre, but Citrine wasn't like most.

Citrine: And by that, you mean stopping me from going up to A-Class?

Blizzard's eyes widened ever so slightly, giving away her ploy in an instant.

Citrine: *sighs* Please don't tell me this is all you came up here for. I'd hate to make you all hike back down the mountain for nothing.

Mountain Ape: What do you mean?!

Citrine: I mean that I refuse.

The subordinates gasped at once, but their leader was unmoving, stonefaced as she and the rookie glared at one another.

Citrine: *scoffs* You stop rookie crushing by rookie crushing, isn't that a bit hypocritical?

Fubuki: . . .

Eyelashes: Watch your mouth! Do you have any idea who you're-

Citrine: I don't care who I'm talking to!

The determined shine of his irises flared and the three before him stepped back!

Citrine: I may be young, but I'm not an idiot! What's the point in stunting the growth of other Heroes?! That doesn't do anyone any good!

Fubuki: . . . . . Eyelashes! Mountain Ape!

Her left and right hands readied themselves as she turned around and began to make her leave.

Fubuki: Deal with him. Break that stubborn spirit. . .

Eyelashes and Mountain Ape charged. . . and were immediately repelled! A massive force sent them flying backwards and right at Fubuki! She was quickly surrounded by an aquamarine aura, holding her underlings in the air with her telekinesis. . .

Citrine: . . .

The young man stepped off his porch, cranking his neck as he stretched his arms.

Citrine: If it's a fight you want, it's a fight you'll get.

At the snap of her fingers, Fubuki summoned the rest of the Blizzard Group. Thirty-five Heroes stepped out from tree line, and formed a mob atop the mountain. . .

Citrine: I-I couldn't sense them at all. . . and Blizzard's power is no joke.

He narrowed his eyes. . . This could be trouble.

And so, Citrine donned a stance that lacked any openings, waiting for his opponents to make the first move!

Fubuki: Attack!

Thus, the battle began. . . The first to reach Citrine threw a heavy right hook. . . which practically bounced right off the boy's arm while breaking his knuckles.

Citrine: *deadpans* . . . Or they're so weak my sixth sense can't pick them up.

In came three at once, the rookie deflecting two punches as he kicked the leg of the middle enemy, knocking him off balance! Citrine quickly punched the other two consecutively before leaping up, striking the middleman's head and pushing him into the ground whilst kicking the other two away at once! The boy landed on a handstand, twirling to knee another member of the Blizzard Group away before springing himself into a fifth! He was carried into the air and crushed against the ground, Citrine turning as two assaulted at once, backpedaling and leaning away from the flurry they threw together! The Young Hero suddenly appeared between them and shoved them apart, the duo striking at once! Citrine leaped up, letting their fists cross and strike one another in the face! Their target descended, punching one and kicking the other in midair! The moment he landed, Citrine tilted his head, avoiding a blow from behind, and then elbowed his assailant in the gut while grabbing his arm! He swung the suited man into another, then throwing him aside as a new challenger approached!

Fubuki: . . . How is he doing this?!

Eyelashes wielded two lash curlers, rapidly attacking Citrine as he swayed every which way! Not a single strike landed, and before he even realized it, a knee rammed into his chin! The Hopeful Boy whirled and slammed his leg into Eyelashes side and sent him flying aside into a tree! Mountain Ape approached from behind, throwing a full power punch! Citrine swirled, deflecting the blow and immediately retaliating with a left hook to the senior hero's face! With a swift sweep of Mountain Ape's legs, the boy swung and embedded him in the mountain! Suddenly, Citrine's body glowed gold and he flew forth, blitzing six members of the Blizzard Group and blowing each of them away!

A golden streak then began to dismantle them all, speeding around faster than the eye could see!

Fubuki: . . . Lily.

Lily: Y-Yes, Ms. Fubuki. . .?

Fubuki: Get everyone out of the way. I'll fight him myself.

Lily: Are you sure-?

Fubuki: Go!

Lily: Okay! I understand!

As each member fell unconscious, Lily made sure to pull them away to the edge of the tree line, leaving the wide open clearing empty beyond the final two fighters. . .

Lily: Be careful, Ms. Fubuki!

Citrine: . . .

Fubuki: . . . *smirks*

Her eyes shined as her aura reappeared, the wind hastening instantly as dust began to rise and rise.

Citrine: Wind manipulation- no. . . Telekinesis! She's an Esper!

He felt her immense power and immediately tensed, she wouldn't be like the rest. . .

Fubuki: You made a mistake to turn me down! And you made a grave one hurting my subordinates!

Citrine: *eyes widen* Wait. . . What?

Hellstorm!

In mere moments, all the dust and wind rapidly spiraled into the ground, creating a tornado of pressure in the clearing! A number of trees were pulled up from their very roots and entangled in the storm, thrown right towards the center!

Fubuki: Serves you right for defying me. . .

The tornado began to die down. . .

Citrine: What's the point this?! We're both Heroes, this is a waste of time!

She gasped as the dust cleared, revealing a gold dome that protected Citrine from her Hellstorm. . . It dissipated, and Fubuki immediately tearing massive chunks of debris from the ground and launching them forward!

Fubuki: How did you-?!

A myriad of fists turned the debris to dust, each receiving a strike and breaking apart!

Citrine: There's more to this than just status! Isn't that right?!

Fubuki: Shut up!

She reeled her arms back and blew them forward, psychically binding Citrine, a ring of aqua squeezing him and holding him still! With a sway of her arms, she repelled him! The boy grunted and overpowered it, breaking free and flipping to his feet! He landed before the entrance of his home, Fubuki dead ahead! Outstretching her arms, the Esper lifted the air itself and blew it forward, a massive cannon of pure force barreling towards Citrine!

Citrine: Demon Shield!

Channeling Spirit Dust, he swung his arms out, the shield bursting into place as the dome encompassed him and his home, protecting them from the immense force of the wind! The Hopeful Boy then held his arm back, Spirit Dust flowing into his palm and out of his skin, spiraling into a golden orb!

Citrine: Two of us can play at that game!

Demonic Shine!

Thrusting the sphere forward, a beam of Spirit Dust was unleashed! It broke through the Demon Shield and forced its way through the wind! Fubuki gaped as it slammed into her gut and threw her back through a tree and sent her skidding across the ground!

Citrine: Oh. . . Crap!

Dropping his dome, the hero rushed to Fubuki and saw that she was out cold. . .

Citrine: With how much power she was giving off, I assumed she'd be able to take that. . . *sighs* Please don't try to kill me when you all wake up. . . .

———————————————————————

When Fubuki inevitably did awaken, she was within Citrine's home. Her body was curled up on the couch, a blanket over her.

Lily: Ah! Ms. Fubuki's awake!

Blizzard Group: MS. FUBUKI!

Almost instantaneously, she was crowded by her worried subordinates. The Esper took a glance around the room, completely clueless as to where they were or what was happening.

Fubuki: I'm. . . okay. What happened?

Eyelashes: We were. . . defeated.

Fubuki: *eyes widen* Then where are we?!

Mountain Ape: In the rookie's home.

Fubuki: WHAT?!?!?!?!?

And suddenly, the double-doors opposite of the entrance bursted open.

And one make-up feast coming right up!

There stood Citrine, devoid of his Hero Jacket and wearing an apron as he pushed a massive table, stacked with every kind of food, into the living room.

Blizzard Group: . . . Eh?

Citrine: *laughs* Welp, I kinda felt really guilty over beating you all up after you spent so much time climbing up the mountain. So! I figured I should at least make your trip worth while!

All thirty-six members of the Blizzard Group could only stare at him and gawk in pure disbelief.

Eyelashes: Wh-What kind of game are you playing at?!

Citrine: Game? I'm not trying to mess with you all. I'm serious. Heck, I spent the last four hours cooking all this!

Mountain Ape: You could've put something in the food!

Citrine: *gasps* Hey! We're all heroes here, what would I have to gain from doing that?!

Fubuki: Both of you, quiet!

Eyelashes/Mountain Ape: Yes! Ms. Fubuki!

Their leader then turned her gaze to Citrine, eyes narrowing and glaring into his soul.

Fubuki: Now you. . . Are you trying to trick us or something?

Citrine: Again, I don't have any reason to.

For a while, the two sides stared at one another, none making a move, none daring to make a move. . .

Lily: M-Ms. Fubuki. . . We could at least try it. I've been awake this whole time, and he's been working in the kitchen nonstop. . .

Fubuki: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Lily: *gulps*

The Blizzard of Hell was met with the pleading gazes of over half her group, each of them giving sideways glances to the delicious looking food. The nail in the coffin was the growling of Miss Fubuki's own stomach. . .

Fubuki: . . . Oh, fine.

And the tension evaporated as the Blizzard Group found themselves bunched around the massive dinner table and ate away. Fubuki herself soon held a small plate with a slice of cake atop it. She picked at it a few times with her fork before begrudgingly taking a bite. . . and finding it amazing!

Fubuki: This is. . . really good!

She struggled to resist eating more, but a single look at just how much her subordinates were enjoying themselves, tore down her resistance. As the Esper enjoyed herself, Citrine let out a sigh of relief.

Citrine: Glad everyone's enjoying themselves. . .

Fubuki: Hm?

The young man took a seat beside her, eyes trained on the heroes feasting.

Citrine: They seem to respect you a lot, Blizzard.

Fubuki: Of course they do. We're the Blizzard Group for a reason. . .

They fell into a comfortable silence. The Esper analyzed the young man next to her, unable to truly comprehend just exactly who he was. One second, he was wiping the floor with the Blizzard Group and the next, treating them to a thanksgiving dinner. . .

Fubuki: Why? What's the point of this?

Citrine: Hm? Oh. . . I mean I really do kind of feel bad.

Fubuki: You didn't seem to feel bad when you were fighting us.

The Hopeful Boy frowned and guiltily looked away from the Blizzard Group.

Citrine: Well, I just thought you were those rookie crusher I kept hearing about. . . but, you can learn a lot about someone when you fight them.

Fubuki: *tilts her head* What. . .?

Citrine: *whispers* You were scared. It was pretty obvious.

The Younger of the two Esper Sisters felt her throat swell as she silently scowled.

Fubuki: You've defeated Demon Level monsters. Of course I'm scared. I'm scared that you'll take my-

Citrine: But, then you fought me yourself. You made a stand and fought for your friends.

Fubuki: . . . They're my subordinates. Not my friends.

Citrine: *smiles* But you still care about them, right?

Blizzard felt a swell in her chest, her scowl fading ever so slightly.

Fubuki: Of course I do. They're my responsibility, so I have to.

The Young Hero returned his gaze to them, his yellow eyes shifting from Eyelashes, to Mountain Ape, to Lily, and so on and so forth. They were B-Class Heroes, and that was because they didn't have the power to rise up to A-Class. . . but there was one oddity, one who could.

Citrine: How come you haven't gone up to A-Class? I got a feel of just how strong you were when we fought. Disaster Level Tigers wouldn't stand a chance against you, and you'd probably beat a lot of Disaster Level Demons. You'd thrive in A-Class. . .

Fubuki: . . . It's complicated.

Her body was numbing, and she simply couldn't find the will to scowl any longer.

Fubuki: Besides. . . There's no point because of A-Class's Rank One. No one, NO ONE, gets passed him. . .

The boy beside her seemed to be deep in thought, in momentary silence. A soft hum escaped his lips as he glanced to her.

Citrine: . . . You'll never know until you try. With your strength, and with your "subordinates," who knows what could happen.

His smile imprinted itself on her mind, the young man rising up and stretching. The numbness filling Fubuki had dissipated and was replaced with something she couldn't quite put her finger on.

It wasn't until the table was clear and the Blizzard Group was leaving did she realize just what it was.

Citrine: Hey, wait! Blizzard, here!

The Leader of the Blizzard Group paused, turning slowly as her subordinates awaited her.

Citrine: Uh. . . I heard from the grapevine that the Blizzard Group tends to get a bit in over their heads. . .

Fubuki: *sweatdrops* Not even sugarcoating. . .

Citrine: So, here. If you ever need help, call me.

He held out a piece of paper, his phone number etched onto it in pen.

Fubuki: *scoffs* Don't expect a call. We can handle ourselves just fine!

Citrine: . . . And if you ever just want to talk, I'm more than willing to listen. You seem a little lonely, so. . . friends?

Seeing the smile again, the Esper realized just what it was that made Citrine so. . . odd.

Fubuki: . . . Only because you insist.

She left with his number in hand. . . It was hope. The Hopeful Boy was brimming with it, the raw emotion radiating from his soul. . . spreading to anything it touched.

As the Blizzard of Hell read the ten digits on the paper, she couldn't help but smile. It'd been one rocky start, but she was thankful that Citrine was childish enough to forgive her and mature enough to understand there was more to it than simply "rookie crushing."

Also, it'd been a while since she'd had just a normal friend.

———————————————————————

Days Later

When the Blizzard Group marched into City L to thwart a Disaster Level Tiger, they didn't quite expect the Disaster Level to rise to Demon. Nor did they expect the monster to come right to them. . .

And Fubuki didn't expect to be making a certain call so soon.

The Blizzard Group was down, the Blizzard of Hell herself being the last one standing. They were in the center of City L, and before her. . .

Insect King - Beelzebub - Disaster Level: Mid Demon

Beelzebub: You dare to stubbornly stand against me? Fool. Without me, this world would be doomed and therefore, this world is mine to rule. . .

The beast towered over the Esper, who trembled but stood her ground.

Fubuki: You? Rule. . .? *laughs* Even if you defeat me, you'll never defeat her!

Beelzebub: Oh? Is that a challenge-

Demonic Shine!

A beam flew right over Fubuki and crashed right into the Insect King, pushing him into the air and towards the clouds!

Fubuki: . . . Took you long enough.

Descending to the ground ahead of her was a new friend.

Citrine: Sorry I'm late! Z-City to L isn't exactly a short flight. Is everyone okay?

Fubuki: Unconscious but alive.

Citrine: Situation?

Fubuki: All civilians evacuated. It's just us. . .

Citrine: . . . Good.

Their senses flared, reacting to the recovering monster.

Citrine: He's stronger than Beast King, but compared to Mosquito Girl. . .

He was about to blast off, gathering his Spirit Dust.

Fubuki: There it is! That power again. . . Wait!

Citrine: What? That thing's coming back. We don't have much time-! WOAH!

The Esper held a hand out, her aura flaring as she psychically gripped Citrine's "Dust Core" and expanded it. . . his power skyrocketing!

Citrine: Holy. . . This feels amazing! My body feels so light! What did you just do?!

Fubuki: I used my Esper abilities to enhance whatever that energy inside you is. They're compatible.

Citrine: Thank you so much! This is going to be a breeze!

A literal one. The monster was hissing wildly and buzzing madly as it came into view, it's body pulsing as it glared at the Heroes!

Beelzebub: You. . . You're the one who wiped out my underlings!

Citrine: Huh? Oh, you're a Bee.

Beelzebub: It seems that I must avenge-

A streak of light bursted forth, the body of the Insect King exploding into a mass of blood! Citrine had soared, having punched through the monster in an instant!

Citrine: . . . You are amazing, Blizzard! That was freaking awesome!

Fubuki: *shakes her head* I forgot that he's basically still a child. . . Still, his gratefulness is appreciated.

Hours Later

The reporters managed to catch up to Citrine before he could bounce out of there. Of all the things they asked him, only one was interesting.

How did you defeat the monster so easily?!

Citrine: . . .

The Young Hero smiled.

Citrine: I had some help. Besides, even though I beat the monster, the real Heroes are the Blizzard Group.

Reporters: Wait! What?!

Citrine: If it wasn't for them, the monster would've gone for the civilians and hurt a lot of people. Sure, they didn't beat the monster, but they bought enough time for everyone else to get away.

The Hopeful Boy found himself gazing up to the beaming sun.

Citrine: Fighting monsters is in the job description, but ultimately, protecting the people is our actual purpose. . . .

The Blizzard of Hell then realized that his hope had spread to her too.

———————————————————————

B-Class Rank 54: Citrine

———————————————————————

Z-City - Ghost Town

The Lone Cyborg and the Hero for Fun sat across from one another.

Saitama: Why are you still here?! It's not like we're related or something!

Genos: Sensei, I must become stronger!

Saitama: Shut up. . .! I'm now aware of a serious problem and am reeling from shock. . . So I beg you, go home for today.

Genos: *gasps* A serious problem? What could cause a problem for someone as great as you? Please share with me. . .

. . .
. . .
. . .

No one knows who I am.

Genos: *jaw drops* Impossible!

This revelation came from an encounter with a certain ninja. . .

As the Baldy went onto a spiel, the Blonde Cyborg analyzed every possible scenario in which this could have occured, and came to the first logical conclusion.

Genos: Sensei. . . Are you registered with the Hero Registry?

Saitama: . . . . .

A quick Google revealed everything.

Saitama: *dies* Genos, are you registered?

Genos: No. I felt no need to. . .

Saitama: . . . LETS REGISTER! Register with me and I'll make you my disciple!

Genos: Let's go! Though, wouldn't it be best if we called Citrine? He is registered and could give us more insight.

Saitama: Hm. . . I wouldn't want to bother, but we can see if he's up for it!

And soon, the world would have two new Heroes!

———————————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59K 2.3K 21
Saitama - A hero for fun who has inhuman physical abilities and can defeat enemies with ONE PUUUUUNCH. Genos - A hot, edgy cyborg that can shoot lase...
15.4K 571 23
The world is a dangerous place with monsters, assasins, criminals and evil organizations popping up everyother day of the week. But there are always...
135K 1.7K 36
Basically a life where you become friends with Saitama and Genos. Then meet up with the green haired loli. One Punch Man is copyrighted by VIZ Media...
103K 3K 14
Welcome to a world where monsters are at every corner, where heroes are actually paid for their deeds, welcome to the world of One Punch Man We follo...