Lies (High School DxD X Male...

By CoopTheWeeb

What do you do when your life is on the line? For Y/N Himejima, it was a simple trade. The lives of his famil... More

Prologue
Pain
Go Alone
Lost In Memories
Bloodline
Auburn Crown
Eyeless
My Fight
10 for 10
What If I Was Nothing
Nightmar3
Chiron
Patience
Life is Beautiful
My X Was Poison
What You've Become
Voices In My Head
Across the Line
Empty
My Wrongs
I Don't Wanna Do This Anymore
Sacrifices
Hurricane
Learn To Walk Again (Finale)

Waste Away

2.4K 68 2
By CoopTheWeeb

"That's strange." I throw the kunai in my hand at a tree, the point perfectly landing in the bullseye of the target I set up. "I don't think Kiba went to school today."

"Why would you think that?" Grayfia asks me.

"Rias probably didn't tell you what happened, but in short, his past has come back to haunt him and he wants to do something about it. I tried to warn him against it, but I'm starting to think he isn't listening to me. I saw what he went through, and I don't blame him for his anger."

"You saw it? How?" I sit down on the grass and look at the sky.

"Genjutsu. Using my Sharingan I was able to get into his mind, and as the events replayed in his head, I was able to see them from the perspective of a bystander. It's a little inhumane, but there was no other way for me to understand."

"Was it uncomfortable for you?" I shake my head.

"I relive my biggest regret every day of my life, seeing someone else go through hell doesn't bother me. Besides, you fought in a war, would you be surprised to know that an enemy faction was throwing kids away like they were nothing?"

"I suppose not," Grayfia responds.

"You know, I like you Grayfia. Most devils are too overconfident, but you don't show everyone just how strong you are. Hell, in all honesty, I'm surprised a human like me can stand up to the Ultimate Queen. Sure, I may be gifted as an Uchiha, but you've got me beat in experience. That's not a bad thing though, you still look 20 no matter how old you are." Grayfia smiles and blushes.

"Thank you Y/N. For the record, I've enjoyed being around you. I'm glad to know that you aren't just a heartless killer like how the Underworld perceived you." She takes a breath. "You would do anything for those that matter to you, and that's the most honorable thing I can think of."

"It's part of making up for my past actions." Grayfia looks at me strangely. "What's going on?"

"I sense two holy auras on their way to the academy."

"That's not good." I head inside and grab my sword. "You should go let Sirzechs know, I'll run over there before anything gets worse."

"Okay. I'm trusting you." Grayfia teleports away and I sprint toward Kuoh Academy. Once I reach the old school building I hurry up the stairs and into the clubroom, my eyes meeting with two girls with white cloaks on.

"It's you!" The girl with blue hair stands and grabs her sword.

"Xenovia, wait!"

"I remember you Blue, it looks like you cut your hair." The cover for her sword comes off and she tries to put it to my neck, but I pull my blade and defend myself. "You seem like you've gotten stronger as well."

"I'm going to kill you!"

"Will someone explain what's going on?" I look over at Rias.

"I'm curious about that as well. What are two exorcists from the church doing here?"

"I won't explain anything to you." I pull one hand from my sword and grab the exorcist by the neck, slamming her against the wall as she drops her sword. I kick it away and drop her to the ground. My blade gets put away and I walk over to Rias' desk, sitting down in the chair and putting my feet up.

"I suppose I'll go first." Everyone looks at me. "A couple of years ago I met these two exorcists. They were sent on a mission to come and kill me, but while our little scuffle happened we were attacked by a third party. Part of the group wanted me dead, and part of them wanted to take a stab at the church. I took out our attackers, but she ended up getting hurt pretty badly. It seems like both of them got out fine, but it appears that someone is holding a grudge against me." The door opens and Kiba walks in with a smug smirk on his face. "Someone has cheered up."

"Because I'm finally getting to face the very thing I've wanted to destroy."

"Slow down pretty boy, let's use our heads for a second." Kiba isn't listening to me and I let him ignore me. "Dammit. Well, I'm not going to let you get killed, so I guess I'm going to help you." The brown-haired exorcist smiles and everyone starts walking outside, but Akeno waits for me at the door before we leave.

"Do you think they're going to try and kill you?"

"I would be offended if they didn't." We join the rest of the devils and I see that Kiba is facing off against the brown-haired exorcist, and I see that they've shed their cloaks for skin-tight black battle suits. I draw my blade again and face down Xenovia. "Ready for round two?" She grits her teeth and I do a quick stretch. Our blades clash and I feel the hatred behind her attacks, though the direction is misguided. As I analyze her sword I realize she has an Excalibur, but since I'm not a devil I'm not as worried as Kiba should be.

"Take this fight seriously!"

"You're all strength and no technique, I'm the one in control of this duel." I kick Xenovia in the shin and take a step back before taking a deep breath. "Your grudge is fruitless, especially if you can't do anything about it. Not to mention, I'm the reason you're still alive."

"I know, and that's the problem." Xenovia's Excalibur drops hard onto my blade, and as my grip begins to falter I activate my Sharingan. With the quick increase in power, I push back against the attack, though the ground begins to crack around us.

"That's enough you two!" Xenovia ignores Rias' request and I knock her to the ground, planting my foot on her neck.

"The way I see it you have two choices. Either I kill you right now and you don't have to deal with me anymore, or you can give up on this hatred you hold and focus on your mission. Think about the fact that your partner is counting on you to help her through, and if you die now, then her chances of survival drop significantly."

"How do you know of our mission?" I plant my sword in the ground next to Xenovia.

"I have friends in high places, even within the factions. I'm not sure what exactly you're doing here, but I know that your life is on the line." I look to the other exorcist. "Tell me, are your chances of survival lower than when you pursued me?"

"30%, that's the figure we were given." I shake my head and move my foot.

"The church loves throwing away the young, but anything for your glorious God. Who is your target? If you have an idea of where he is I could take care of it myself."

"Don't tell him, Irina, we don't need his help." Xenovia stands up and I grab my sword again.

"We need all the help we can get. I know you want to keep the devils out of this, but he's not a devil. Face it Xenovia, he was holding back against you, and he's far stronger than both of us." I sheathe my sword and cross my arms.

"So, who is it?"

"Kokabiel," Xenovia spits.

"He has been getting power-hungry recently, most likely due to his promotion after I killed Baraqiel."

"The church believes he has been stealing Excaliburs."

"I faced one last night," Kiba tells me.

"At least you survived. Now that I have a lead I suppose I'll take my leave. You two should stay out of my way if you want to live, and as for you Kiba, heed my words from last night a little closer." I start walking away from the group.

"Y/N, wait!" My head turns and I see Akeno running my way. "I'll see you at home tonight, right?"

"Yes, of course." After a quick hug, I continue my trip through the woods, the end of the trees entering my vision as I see Kuroka standing with a silver-haired male.

"You look like shit Y/N," he says as I join the two of them. "I'm surprised you haven't tried to take Lucifer's throat."

"Not all relationships are as fake as yours and Azazel's Vali." Kuroka comes over to me and I put an arm around her, her head landing on my shoulder. "Anything big going on?"

"Azazel knows where you are, and that's why I'm here. From what he told me he had a conversation with Sirzechs and demanded you be turned over to him, and if not, then there are going to be big issues between the devils and fallen angels."

"That explains a lot, but why would Azazel risk something like that just for me?"

"He thinks the devils are protecting you," Kuroka says as she puts a hand on my cheek. "Everybody knows about your appearance at the marriage, and Azazel thinks that you're going to be fighting for the devils."

"The only person I fight for is Akeno."

"We both know that," Vali reassures me. "Azazel has other issues going on right now, and he wants me to be the one to bring you to him."

"He won't be able to manage me and the Kokabiel situation at the same time, he doesn't have enough people here. Even if you were able to hold him off, Azazel would hesitate before he tries doing anything to me."

"What should we do?" I take a second to think.

"Tell Azazel I'm willing to talk to him, but the minute I feel like I'm in danger, I'm out."

"Are you sure?" I chuckle at Vali's question.

"Nope, but I don't need to be. If he's open to it head over to the shrine I'm staying at around 3. Lucifer's wife should be gone and I'll be the only one there. If it doesn't work out then that's just how it is, but Azazel is a smart man. If he knows that I'm willing to work out a deal that results in less bloodshed, he would be willing to hear me out."

"You've got it." Vali spreads his wings and nods to me before flying off.

"You think he'll go for it?"

"I suppose only time will tell, but everything is going to be okay." My other arm goes around Kuroka and she lays her head against my chest. "Have you thought about what you're going to say to Shirone?"

"I know what I want to say, but I can't think of the words."

"Then don't think about it and just say it. If it comes from your heart she'll understand it's genuine. We both have very sensitive cases for what happened with our siblings, but the most we can do is try to make it up to them, and I've been doing that every day since I got here." I plant my lips on Kuroka's forehead. "I'll be right there with you, I promise. I'm not sure if we can go back to how we were before, but I'd be willing to try."

"You're still the only one who understands me, physically, emotionally, even sexually." I shake my head. "Let me work everything out with Shirone, and if it all works out well then I think there's a chance for us."

"That's all I'm asking." Kuroka hesitantly lets me go. "Run along now kitten, I'll see you soon." Kuroka and I go our separate ways, and once I get home I immediately get myself cleaned up, erasing any trace of the two of us being together today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any suggestions feel free to let me know, and until next time, have a good one.

-Coop

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 5.2K 17
What would you do if the entire world was set against you? Let alone for something that you had no part in. Itachi Uchiha, patient # 0124, wrongly co...
27K 646 33
Hinata Hyuga has never had an easy life. Sure she was born into a wealthy family, but that never.cover up the emotional and physical pain. Her father...
6.6K 164 9
This story tells the point of view of Shidou Hyoudou, the adoptive brother of Issei Hyoudou. Everything followed normally until one day his brother h...
20.5K 281 12
Y/N die and get reincarnated to the world of supernatural, where devil, angel, fallen angel exist. Before he get reincarnated he meet the Shadow Mona...