A Rose Of Revenge

By AnointingYao

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Book three of the Princess Eleanora... More

Author's note.
鉁达笍Prologue鉁达笍
鉁达笍Chapter 1鉁达笍: Happily ever after, after all.
鉁达笍Chapter 2鉁达笍: Eight years late.
鉁达笍Chapter 3鉁达笍: A glimpse of life.
鉁达笍Chapter 4鉁达笍: No one is innocent.
鉁达笍Chapter 5鉁达笍: All the lies they told.
鉁达笍Chapter 6鉁达笍: Things aren't always as they seem.
鉁达笍Chapter 7鉁达笍: Humans just can't be trusted.
鉁达笍 Chapter 8鉁达笍: Career's day.
鉁达笍Chapter 10鉁达笍: Family Dinner.
鉁达笍Chapter 11鉁达笍: A visit to the graves.
鉁达笍Chapter 12鉁达笍: And we meet again.
鉁达笍Chapter 13鉁达笍: A gift for her own burial
鉁达笍 Chapter 14鉁达笍: A beautiful gift for my ex
鉁达笍 Chapter 15鉁达笍: The land of Diamonds.
鉁达笍Chapter 16鉁达笍: The raid.
鉁达笍Chapter 17鉁达笍: The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.
鉁达笍 Chapter 18鉁达笍: The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree (2)
鉁达笍Chapter 19鉁达笍: It's time for a lecture, Phillips.
鉁达笍Chapter 20鉁达笍: Let's plan further.
鉁达笍Chapter 21鉁达笍:The breakout.
鉁达笍Chapter 22鉁达笍:Dure, the maniac.
鉁达笍 Chapter 23鉁达笍: A spy in the palace.
鉁达笍Chapter 24鉁达笍: Nora: three, Dure: zero.
鉁达笍Chapter 25鉁达笍: A serial killer on the loose.
鉁达笍Chapter 26鉁达笍: The power of the USB.
鉁达笍 Chapter 27鉁达笍: Foes turn friends.
鉁达笍 Chapter 28鉁达笍: Digging into the past.
鉁达笍Chapter 29鉁达笍: The great reveal (1)
鉁达笍 Chapter 30鉁达笍: The great reveal (2).
鉁达笍Cast and preview鉁达笍
鉁达笍Chapter 31鉁达笍: The apple of her eyes.
鉁达笍Chapter 32鉁达笍: And then they realized...
鉁达笍 Chapter 33鉁达笍:Knock, Knock... It's me. Karma. Can I come in?
鉁达笍 Chapter 34鉁达笍: A not so happy reunion.
鉁达笍Chapter 35鉁达笍: A christmas night to remember.
鉁达笍Chapter 36鉁达笍: Epilogue?
鉁达笍Morals of the novel鉁达笍
鉁达笍 Author's note鉁达笍

鉁达笍Chapter 9鉁达笍: I'm brOKen.

46 13 5
By AnointingYao

{Eleanora's P.O.V}

Freedom.

Freedom means nothing to a lame man because he has never been restricted his freedom. The ability to walk around without being questioned. The ability to go to where you please at the moment you please without a second thought. The ability to even walk is a grace that is usually underestimated. I remember being beaten to the extent I could barely walk. I'll crawl to my prison room, just to hide away from those monsters who can't keep their club to themselves whenever they see me.

I looked up at the skies. The beautiful skies has never been as beautiful as it looked now. The chirping of the birds, the gentle ruffle of the leaves, the silent breeze that could be felt on my skin, making each strand of hair on my body stand, was once never even glanced at by me for once. The breeze went through my hair getting a little more aggressive than it actual started.  I lifted my eyes unto the skies. The beautiful blue sky that I had once despised was now like gold to me, after being denied of seeing it from this view for eight good years. My prisoner's uniform began blowing in different directions as the wind, this time, blew all around my body, becoming more more aggressive than it actually should.

Eight years! Eight good years!  Was all my mind was saying to me. No other word felt apropriate, my heart tugging against my chest and my panting became uneven as I felt the tears jerk my eyes just looking at the bright blue sky.

    "Here you are". The voice said as the footsteps was more audible. I tore my eyes away from the beautiful scenery and traced where the footsteps were coming from. It was Phillips.

In a tracksuit, with his hair braided into cornrows and his beards looking neatly shaved, he walked towards me with two cups in his hands, and from those cups, steam could be seen dancing round the top of the cups. The only difference between Phillips now and the then Phillips was the beards. Apart from that, everything else, remained the same. 

"I've been looking everywhere for you. I didn't know you left the restaurant before me". He said to me, handing over to me, one of the cups which gave off this very strong aroma of coffee.

  "I never followed you". I replied him simply. I just wasn't in the mood for too much talk.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't realize. I thought you were following me". He apologized, before resting on the body of his car, his legs stretched out as he took a sip from the coffee.

It was getting dark already and the sun was retiring back to his home, so that the moon could have his own sit on his throne. I also rested on his car as I continued to watch the natural phenomenon take place so naturally.

Suddenly I felt someone hold my left hand which wasn't holding anything, and I could feel his soft graze of fingers over my bruised knuckles and then my wrist which called my attention to the hand connecting us together.

"Does it hurt?" He asked, his soft eyes grazing softly over mine as he carefully scanned my body. I gently disconnected my hand from his, twirling the coffee in the cup as gently as I could.

"You sent Diazebel and the other Warder to spy on me, didn't you?" I asked, letting him know I wasn't interested in his voice of compassion. Though, He didn't reply immediately. He seemed to be taking his time, searching his brain for an answer.

"Yes, I did. But it wasn't to spy on you. It was to know if you were doing okay". He replied, calmly.

"By recording our conversation?" I asked him, locking eyes with him since we got to this dark alleys.

"She's a psycologist, she has her ways of doing things. I just wanted her to treat you so you'd be as perfect as you were before. At least close to perfect if not perfect". He replied me and I rolled my eyes away from him.

I threw the coffee cup on the floor and the glass cup broke into so many pieces, the contents spilling all over the place, some drops dropping on my bare legs.

"Oh-oh. The glass slipped from my hands".  I said, trying to make it look as unintentional as possible.

"It's okay. I can always get you another one". Phillips said, shrugging it off and turning around to get another cup for me. 

"No, Phillips". I said to him, holding him by his shoulder and turning him around to face me. "I want you to help me piece the broken pieces back together and make it a whole cup again so I can use it". I asked him as politely as I could.

"It's broken. You can't use it again".

"Why are you giving up on the cup so easily?"

"It's broken, Nora".  He said, raising his eyebrows at me like he was trying to help me reason along with me.

  "Nora?" I heard, then a snap of fingers came next, bringing me back from whatever world I had just travelled too.

I shaked my head gently, reminding myself not to let such frivolity disturb me and told Phillips the point I was trying to prove "The only difference between I and this cup, is that it's a thing and I am human. In case you haven't noticed, We're both broken. You cannot piece it back together because even if you do it'll never remain the same. And if you try to fix it back together it can cut you. Don't try to fix what is already broken, Phillips, because just like this glass, I can cut you, without banting an eyelid".  Our faces were so close that I could feel his breath on my nose. He was speechless. Looking lost, worried, confused all at the same time. He just continued to stare at me, like he wasn't seeing me but seeing me at the same time.

  "I'm tired". I simply said to him, when I saw he wasn't ready to say anything, then I walked towards his car, sat in the front passengers seat and waited for him to come drive me to place where I could rest my overloaded head.
______________________________✍️

"If you need anything, Nora, please call me. I'm in the room next to yours" Phillips informed me before walking out of the room and leaving me all alone in the luxurious room.

We were in one of the Henia five star hotels and this particular one was the one he built for himself so that he could have an alternative source of income for himself.

  I looked round the whole room. The arrangement of the room was exquisite, the chandelier was dazzling with each of its light shining through the crystal, reflecting a Pentagon star on the wall, making beautiful patterns everywhere.  The curtains were incredibly beautiful, it's patterns were flowery designs, cream and brown and it's floor were well tiled.

  I looked at the dress as it laid gently on the neat bed. I walked towards the bed, not used to the sudden luxury.

But before getting to the bed, something on my right caught my attention. More like a figure...

  I turned to my right to see who and what it was...

I wish I didn't though. The image drew me closer than I had planned.  Closer and closer and closer, I moved towards it. Wondering if the figure was truly me. But mirrors don't lie. They reflect what they see and they reflect it so well that never for once has it been accused of lying.

I was looking right back at myself through the mirror. My face had stains all over it and there were some red spots there if looked carefully. My lips were chapped and white and it looked like I hadn't drank water for days which was quite true. The last time I ate and drank water was four days ago. My hair was disheveled, and I looked like a distant relative of a mad woman. Under my eyes, stood gallantly, big black bags that made me look more like a giant panda and my eyes were so dull. My nose were cracked and on my face were dried tears. I could still see the trails. All in all, I looked like a person who has been terribly deprived of Sleep, food and water. More like a mentally Ill person.

  "Too bad. You once looked so beautiful. Your hair was soft and long and they brought out the glory of whatever dress you wore. The bangs were beautiful. Your eyes glittered in the night and even though you blinked so casually, whoever wasn't mesmerized by your eyes was either dead or mentally ill. Your face always beemed with smiles and even when you were angry, your beautiful lips looked so cute whenever you pouted, even though your anger was terrible.

Did you know, that I envied you? I envied you for having the grace, Charisma, eloquence, beauty and even wonderful people around you. But because you had such a compassionate heart, you treated us with respect. That was when my envy turned to love and respect for you and that was why I laid my life down for you without blinking twice...". She trailed off. Her voice was loud and clear like she was here with me.  My feet trembled at the sight of her. My hands which rested on the sink began to tremble and before I knew it I couldn't stand straight.

She was smiling at me through the mirror, from her head, dried blood stains covered half of her face and she was still in that clothing that she wore the last time we travelled to Dubai together.

"Ciara" I muttered with trembling lips, while she continued to speak to me through the mirror.

"I remember when I and my sister, walked to your room and wear your dresses. We would totally try to imitate you and after three to four fails we finally started to talk like you. Wearing your abandoned tiaras and we even borrowed one which we haven't returned till this day. You were that beautiful.

Now look at yourself in the mirror. Just take a look at yourself. He made you this. Just like my father did to my mum. You're lucky, though. Momma died. But you still get to live your life. Nature has given you a second chance. The ball is in your court now. Do it as it so pleases you. No one will defend you this time, you have yourself to defend and also other people to defend. I came here to wish you luck. Take back what... should be yours".

I was tired of looking at her through the mirror. I turned around so give her a large hug and cry into her arms but there was no one standing there. She was...gone.

I looked back at the mirror with desperation, to see if I could see her reflection again. But there was nothing there. All I could see was myself. I could see how the tears flowed from my darkened eyes and my pupils became smaller than it should.

  Just looking at myself in the mirror made me... Angry was definitely not the word. I used my knuckles to smash the mirrors, screaming and yelling to gain my sanity. My knuckles were already busted, there was no need to treat it with caution. The broken pieces came flying out, some cutting my face in the process as the broken mirror began to bleed. I punched and punched and punched, screaming and crying, the burning pang in my chest began again.

The images flashed before my eyes. The wedding picture of Tina and Dure. The Lies Dure told with his handsome smile. The way Ciara died in my arms. The accusing finger of Mary. My babies being snatched away from me even without me holding them for long, Green's sudden death. Everything began to play in my head and the more it played, the more it drove me insane.

I fell to the bathroom floor with my busted knuckles and my head hitting the hard tiles, the automatic shower came on. The water was cool and it sprayed with all it's might. I laid on the broken glasses in the shower, the cold water having it's effect on me.

  I was done crying. This would be my last tears. I promised myself. The confidence coming from nowhere. My sudden mood swings were even frightening to me but I made up my mind that of all my mood, tears would definitely not be part of it. Neither would laughter. Cause there was no reason to laugh. No reason to smile. There was no time in my hands anymore.

I rose to my feet and removed every piece of clothing I had on. A roach jumped out of the shirt I had just removed and I before it even had the chance to fly or run, I squashed it with my feet, it's body fluid splashing everywhere under my feet.

I took my time, to wash my body, using the soap available. I washed each part carefully as I noticed I had more red spots than usual. They were all over my body, but that was the least of my concerns. I washed my hair too, combing and brushing it as the water washed the lather off my hair.

  I picked a piece of broken glass and used it to look at myself as I washed my face. I scrubbed it till I could see no tear traces. I scrubbed my legs and scrubbed my knuckles. They hurt like hell and I flinched at just touching it but didn't stop washing it though.

After spending one good hour in the bathroom, o finally came out of it to dress. Stepping on the broken glasses, cutting my feet as I walked towards the bed where the dress I would wear was.

I dressed up. The gown was black in colour. A plain fitted gown which was flare from my waist downwards. It was a pure black gown, no designs of any kinds just black in colour.

Then I walked towards the dressing table and sat down in front of it. Taking the scissors I had picked from the bathroom which was kept there for males, I held my hair and clip clip clip it went, as my wet hair fell to the ground, leaving it at shoulder lengths. I did that to the other side and cut it all till they were all equal at the shoulder.

My eyes felt dry, despite just bathing but I didn't mind. I looked into the drawers were make up was for guests and took the eye pencil. Carefully, I drew the cat eyes myself. Then used the same eye pencil on my lips, lining out the shape of my lips. When I was done, I treated the knuckle wounds with the emergency first aid box that was kept there for guests.

A few sprays of perfumes here and there and I was proud of what I was seeing in the dressing mirror, even though I was still barefoot.

"It's time to start all over, Nora". I told myself in the mirror. Then instead of retreating to bed, I sat on the chair and use the rest of the night to plan my next move. I want it to be silent and subtle. Anything but peaceful.

I took a pen and wrote down my targets.

1.Dure Henia.                               
2. Wilson Henia.                          
3. Shivaniqa Henia.                   
4. Tina Henia.                                
5. Mary, the royal one.              
6. Mary, the traitor.                     
7. The whole nation.                  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

975K 31.1K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
25.9K 2.5K 77
Have you ever sunk so low that you actually felt relieved, knowing that it couldn't possibly get any worse? Well, I have... Many times. I lost ever...
1.2M 26.3K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
2.5K 164 50
"Can I ask you a question?" She stares into my eyes, "What?" "If you had a chance to get revenge, or even justice, for something or someone that mat...