King of Dauntless

By dancingcece

Amity a calm and friendly faction. dauntless the brave worriers. what happens when an amity girl was never fi... More

Chapter 1: Amity
Chapter 2: Choosing Ceremony
Chapter 3: Dauntless
Chapter 4: New Faction
Chapter 5: Day in Dauntless
Chapter 6: Training
Chapter 7: My New Life
Chapter 8: Fights
Chapter 9: Day Off
Chapter 10: Tattoos and Friends
Chapter 11: Welcome to Hell
Chapter 12: In Trouble
Chapter 13: Punishment
Chapter 14: To Good
Chapter 15: Eric The Trainer
Chapter 16: Week After Week
Chapter 17:Final Fight
Chapter 18: Capture The Flag
Chapter 19: Visiting Day
Chapter 20: Are you Afraid?
Chapter 21: No Control
Chapter 22: Sleep
Chapter 23: Good Morning?
Chapter 24: Normal
Chapter 25: Mad Man
Chapter 26: Finally Dauntless
Chapter 27: Max's Decision
Chapter 28: The Arrangement
Chapter 30: Bed Rest
Chapter 31: Sleeping Arrangements
Chapter 32: Back to Life
Chapter 33: Nothing
Chapter 34: The Names King
Chapter 35: Patrol
Chapter 36: Husband & Wife
Chapter 37: Newlyweds
Chapter 38 :Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 39: Patrol 2.0
Chapter 40: New Friends
Chapter 41: Play Dumb
Chapter 42: Troublemaker

Chapter 29: What's Up Doc

2.5K 65 5
By dancingcece

As I stand in the doorway of his apartment I take a deep painful breath in and figure out what happens next. I walked past the kitchen island and set my box on top of its dark counters. The counters matched the cabinets and the dark stainless steel fridge he had. I slowly made my way to the comfy looking leather couch across the room. I slowly lowered myself on the couch trying to catch my breath from running after Eric and to pass the time I took a good look at everything around me.

I found all possible escape routes, everything that can be used as a weapon, and I took in the beauty of his dark apartment.Down the hall was just two doors one was shut which I assume is his bedroom the other looked to be a bathroom. Just across from the couch I sat on were bookshelves filled with books and they were neatly put away. Next to the shelves was a wall filled with windows going from floor to ceiling. They looked out over the land; I knew we took a lot of stairs but I didn't realize we were this high up. I just wish it was day time so I could feel the sun. I breathe in a shallow sigh thinking about the beautiful sun and the heat that followed.

I could feel myself falling back into the couch and molding right into the cloud like material. You think for leather it would be cold but It felt so warm. Next thing I know my eyes glued shut and I didnt even think about prying them open as I fell into bliss.

It felt like seconds had passed before I could feel myself being shaken awake. My eyes slowly cracked open and it felt like my head was pounding; I could feel a cold sweat forming on my skin and in my disoriented haze of trying to figure out where I am. I came face to face with my husband to be.

He looked very disgruntled about what I don't know. Maybe it's because the person he is forced to marry is passed out on his couch feeling like she could die.

"What?" I muttered out confused as to why he was just staring.

"Do you have a fever?" He rudely askes.

"No." I told him a little too quickly.

I close my eyes trying to fall back to sleep. He was quiet for a second then I felt him tap my shoulder lightly.

"Come on get up."

"No!" I groan out. "I don't feel like it." I defy like a child.

If I'm being honest I don't feel good. I think I do have a fever and I don't want to move knowing I'm weak. But I won't let him know that. I can't let him catch me in my weakness.

"Why?Hmm? Maybe it's because you know you don't feel good and you're trying to pretend you're fine." He revealed my secret; He knew this whole time, and was just seeing what I would do.

I slowly get up trying not to hurt anything else more than it already was.

"Nope! see I'm fine." I tell him weakly holding my ribs. " Now that I'm up, what do you want?"

I watch as he starts to walk down the hall where the rooms are. I just stare at him in confusion. What did he just not want me sitting on his couch? I started to get really angry just standing here thinking of all the reasons he wanted me to get up, then he turned around and noticed I was still in the same spot unmoved.

"Well are you coming?" He growls out irritated.

I slowly make my way over to where he was standing and watch as he enters the bedroom. I peak around the corner and just watch him stand in the middle of what looks to be his bedroom. It was very clean; no messy clothes piled anywhere. He had a big window just right across from the door covered in dark gray curtains that would keep out the light. I'm sure if you could see out the window it would be just as pretty of a view as the living room.

In my time at peeking at his room from the corner I completely forgot that Eric was waiting for me to follow him in the room and I heard him let out a big sigh.

"Get in the bed!" I hear him demand.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. I won't repeat myself." He replied very disgruntled.

"I'm not sleeping with you!" I quickly replied.

"That's what you think." He smirked. " Just get in. I don't want Max to blame me for why you're not getting better. Now get in the damn bed and feel better."

I was a little shocked at his response. I didn't know how to react and I was trying so hard not to laugh knowing it would just make him even angrier, but how could you not? He was forcing me to feel better. I just looked at the big king sized. It looked so warm and inviting with its fluffy looking black comforter that sits on top. I guess I just stood and stared at the bed for far too long because the next thing I felt was Eric lightly shoving towards the bed.

I climbed on top and pulled back the sheets and climbed in. I pull back the gray cotton sheets and encase my body in the warmth that it had to offer. I sink into the comfort of the smell of gunpowder and leather; just like last night it made me feel so protected. Then with that fleeting thought my eyes had fluttered shut letting me go back to my peaceful slumber.

Eric watched for a few more minutes just to make sure she fell back to sleep perfectly fine. He listened to her breath finally even out with its shallow wheezing which he knew wasn't good especially with a fever. He makes his way out into the main room and grabs himself a drink before he takes a seat on the couch where just minutes before Ari was just sleeping on. He slowly sips his drink as he thinks about everything that has just recently happened.

"Fuck." He mutters under his breath.

I knew about the arranged marriages here in this faction. Man he even had me set up a couple of the arrangements in the faction, But I never thought Max would do this to me. Maybe if I had fucked around with girls more he wouldn't have seen the need to set me up. He knew I was busy being the new leader, but why her?

Why would Max choose her as my wife. We don't even get along; I mean come on we almost kill each other in our fights and they just want us to get married in the next two weeks. Where we just expected to get married and everything will be sunshine and rainbows. No! That's not how it works. And yet everytime we try to ignore each other we just end up getting shoved right back almost like magnets. How will we ever get through this?

I started to get a headache with all the thoughts that have been running through my head. I lay back on the couch and take a deep breath as I slowly fall asleep to my racing thoughts.

I was awoken by the bright sunrise shining through the windows. I must have forgot to close the curtains, but right as I turned I rolled right onto the floor. I lay on the ground confused as to how I got here until I remembered the person that occupied my bed. I had fallen asleep on the couch while King was in my bed. I grumble incoherent words under my breath as I get up in a mood. I walk back to my room to go grab my clothes and get my day started. I quietly entered the room and walked to the edge of the bed just to make sure she was still breathing. I listen to her shallow breaths; as her chest rises and falls with her harsh breathing I notice she looks to be in pain. I slowly raised my hand and then hesitated for a moment before I lay it on her forehead checking for her temperature. She was burning up; my eyebrows frowned in concern not really knowing what to do for her. I started to lightly shake her shoulder, but she didn't really wake up; she just moaned in pain before muting incoherent words. I didn't expect her to get worse over night. I would have sent her to the infirmary if I had known.

I quickly rustled around for my clothes and put on whatever I could find in my reach then headed straight to the bathroom and weted a washcloth with cold water. I rush back over to King and lay the wet cloth across her forehead trying to soothe her fever. I darted right out the door with urgency and made my way straight for the infirmary not knowing what else to do knowing she could die if she doesn't get help.

I slam the infirmary doors open, scaring everyone around.

"Mr. Coulter! How may I assist you?" The front nurse frantically asked. She was very intimidated. She did not expect to be seeing a leader waltz in here in the early mornings.

"A Dr.! I need A Dr." I grumbled out in a mess of words.

" Are you injured? Would you like for me to set up a room?" she questioned trying to figure out the emergency of this situation.

"Get me a Doctor." I seethed out through my teeth.

I watched as she quickly scurried off hopefully to find a Dr. Not even two minutes later she comes rushing back with a Dr. hot on her tail.

"Mr. Coulter. What can I do for you. Nurse Kim said it was urgent."

"Her fever got worse and her breathing became shallow. I don't know what happened. She wont wake up and it's not getting better. She needs your help!" I rush out in one big jumble.

"Wait! Who Eric." The Dr. asked, confused.

"King!" I grew impatient.

"Ms. King?" He asks. But before I could even respond he quickly started gathering medical supplies. " Where is she?"

"She's in my apartment." I muttered.

"Did she pass out?" DR. questioned; confused about my answer.

"No."

I was starting to grow impatient with all the questions. How long did it take to gather everything he needs?

"Ok lets go!" The Dr. said with more urgency. Making me worry a little more about the situation.

We rushed out of the infirmary and hurried down the halls. Luckily it was still early morning so there weren't a lot of people out and about in the halls, but the few that were made sure to stay out of my way as they saw me storm down the hall. They were giving weird looks as we passed by which turned to worry when they saw the Dr. following behind. I took the stairs two at a time trying to get up them faster until finally we had reached my door. I could hear the heavy breathing of the Dr. behind me, but I only had one thing on my mind. I slammed the door open and quickly made sure the Dr. was following closely behind as I made my way into the bedroom where she was still lying.

I watched as the Dr. rushed up to her as I stayed rooted in the corner of the room like a statue. He laid his supplies on the side of the bed next to her as he started asking more questions.

"When did the fever start?"

"I think last night. When I found her sleeping was when I noticed and then it got worse this morning."

He takes out his stethoscope and starts listening to her lungs and her heart. He lightly lifts her shirt just above her ribs and all you can see are dark blue bruises.

"I told her to take it easy." Muttered the Dr.

I watch as he takes out a syringe and injected a clear liquid into her system. After her breathing even out to a more calming breath like she wasn't in pain anymore.

"Well I can assure you she wont die." He turned to address me. " She did, however, break a new rib if you could imagine that. She needs to heal so she will be on strict bed rest for the week. Would you like me to have her moved to the infirmary for you sir?"

"No. She will stay here." I tell him with finality.

I watched as he opened his mouth to question the situation as his brows frown in confusion, but he quickly closed it with one look at my face.

"Right! There isn't much more I can do to help her. Hopefully by tomorrow her fever should go down; if it gets any worse she will need to be brought to the infirmary immediately. I will need her to drink this though." He told me as he pulled out a vial filled with a blue liquid.

I gesture for him to go ahead, not like he needs my permission. He turns back to King and lightly shakes her shoulder, but she doesn't react. So He took out a small stick from his bag and waved it under her nose. I watched with a baited breath as she grones out in pain and then her eyes snapped open with her coughing her lungs up.

"That's disgusting!" I heard her whisper. "Who are you?"

"Ms. King im Dr. jeff. If you remember, I helped you in the infirmary a couple of days ago when you had broken your ribs."

"Oh? And why are you here?" She asked apprehensively.

"Well Mr. Coulter he couldn't wake you this morning and your fever had gotten worse, So he seeked medical attention for you. Since you didn't listen to my advice when you were in the hospital last time you have now broken another rib and almost ended right back in the infirmary. Luckily for you our wonderful leader here was willing to house you until you're better. So you will be on strict bed rest.

"Yes, how kind of him." She lightly said as she squinted her eyes in my direction.

"I do need you to drink this concoction though it should help your healing so you can be up and running sooner." He tells her as he hands her the vile.

She looks at in for a good minute looking as if she was debating on drinking it.

"Just drink it!" I growled out impatiently.

I watched as the Dr jumped in fright at my tone and she just looked at me with those challenging eyes ready to defy me.

She finally tipped the vile back, taking it in one big gulp not putting up a fight. Then the Dr was about to say something, but his Phone started ringing, stopping him in his tracks.

"Hello... I will be right there." He put the phone back in his pocket and cleaned up all his supplies. "I must go now. I will be back tomorrow to check that everything is ok. Remember if it gets worse straight to the infirmary. And Sir if you need to send her home just make sure someone will watch and check up on her. She is a little reckless." He whispered the last part over in my direction.

I chuckled as King burned holes in the back of his head hearing what he just said about her. Dr. Jeff quickly left, leaving us in an awkward silence.

Now what?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 293 19
Annabelle Eaton wasn't always afraid of her father. Not with her brother and his best friend always there to protect her. But after Tobias's choosing...
198K 4.5K 36
Amity, the love faction. Dauntless the dangerous faction. Autumn the kindhearted Amity. Eric the heartless Dauntless leader. What happens when Amity...
240K 4.9K 32
"Please, Grace let me explain. I-",he starts. But i interrupt him. "Theres nothing to explain Eric. You've had to choose. Either helping me, or obeyi...
470K 10.2K 25
When she transferred to Dauntless, she didn't plan to make friends or catch the eyes of a certain blue-eyed leader. Yet here we are. Disclaimer: I do...