𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐖𝐎𝐑...

By prxttybuttxrfly

𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝... the youngest princess of king triton leaves her kingdom in order to... More

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃: h2o - just add water
𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗𝐀 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐘
ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴇꜱᴛʜᴇᴛɪᴄꜱ
𝘼𝘾𝙏 1
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦... 𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗮𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗽𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗶𝘀
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘰... 𝗽𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘆
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦... 𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘆
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳... 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹𝘀
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦... 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗶𝘀𝗵𝘆
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹... 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯... 𝗺𝗼𝗼𝗻 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗹𝗹
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵... 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝗻𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗳𝗳𝗮𝗶𝗿
𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳... 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦... 𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘯... 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗮 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘀
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯... 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝘄𝗶𝗺
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦... 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗻 𝗲𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯... 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽𝘄𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗱
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯... 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗲!
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯... 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗶𝗴 𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗹

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘻𝘦𝘳𝘰... 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

2.5K 64 5
By prxttybuttxrfly

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃: h2o - just add water

💙

kingdom of atlantica, denmark, 15 years ago....

under the sea, there lived a king and queen who lived in a beautiful kingdom. however, the queen died due to a run-in with a pirate ship when alexa and her sisters were young, leaving the king widowed (and to raise his daughters all on his own) and from then... his hatred of the humans began to grow. before the queen died, the two rulers were blessed with eight gorgeous daughters: attina, alana, adella, aquata, arista, adrina, ariel and alexa. the king loved them all, after all they are his heart and soul. he never wants to let them go but... that day is bound to come.

💙

out of all her sisters, alexa was the closest to ariel. they both had one thing in common: the desire to become human and live a normal life. it's all they ever wanted. little did they know that their wish will come true.

💙

kingdom of atlantica, denmark, 15 years later...

ALEXA HAD BEEN STARING LONG AND HARD at a piece of paper in her hands which had a list of reasons to why she and her older sister ariel should be allowed to leave the kingdom of atlantica to explore the human world.

for years, the two girls would constantly beg their father for them to leave the kingdom and learn to live a life of their own but their father was insistent on the two staying in the kingdom for their safety. this time, it'd be different as the girls have decided to continually argue with their father and stand their ground until their wish had finally come true.

alexa was snapped out of her thoughts when ariel (her older sister) entered her room. she asked gently, "it's time to ask father, are you ready?"

alexa folded the piece of paper in half and stared at her sister before she answered honestly, "not at all.  it's just that we have asked many times before and father always gives us the same answer. what makes you think he would change his mind this time?"

ariel placed her hands on alexa's shoulders and assured, "we can do this lex, we can't just give this up, this has been our dream since we were five years old?"

she was right. the two girls always wondered what the world was like outside of the kingdom of atlantica. they wanted to see new sights, live with the humans and experience what it means to be human.

the nerves from alexa's body had been washed away at ariel's words and she answered confidently, "you're right. we can't give up. if we don't try again, we'll never know if we succeed."

ariel smiled brightly at her younger sister's change of attitude and embraced her in a hug. she muttered, "exactly. let's go see father."

the two pulled out of the hug and swam in the direction of the throne room where their father would be. they entered the throne room where their father was sat in his throne with his triton in his grasp talking to a servant. as the servant swam away, alexa and ariel make eye contact before giving each other a nod before they swam up to their father. 

after he finished talking to the servant, triton looked over and noticed his two daughters swimming over in his direction. he greeted the two girls happily, "alexa, ariel! my beautiful daughters, what can i do for you?" he pulled them both into a hug.

the two girls shared a look, knowing that its time for them to address the situation. ariel began to nervously fiddle her fingers, "well.. me and lex are wondering.. if—" she trailed off anxiously.

noticing that her older sister wasn't going to ask their father, alexa finished, "we could go explore the world and live a human life?" she clasped her hands behind her back as she waited expectedly for an answer from her dad.

it was like as if the room began to blacken and king triton's happy mood began to fade as an angry scowl had replaced his smile. he raised his voice, "no. absolutely not. neither of you are leaving the kingdom. the humans killed your mother, i don't want my daughters suffering the same fate."

"not all humans are bad, father. they're not barbarians." ariel argued, wanting to get her point across to her father

king triton's jaw clenched in anger, "all humans are dangerous." he stated firmly.

alexa began to grow frustrated. she and ariel had never interacted with humans and just interacted with the other mermaids in their kingdom. she pointed out, "neither of us have never spoken to a human before. you can't just say something like that and expect us to accept it. who knows? maybe they're not so dangerous now and besides, we're old enough to take care of ourselves and we should be able to make our own choices." she insisted.

alexa's words didn't do anything to ease her father as it only made him angrier, "as long as the two of you live under my ocean, you follow my rules."

firmly standing her ground, ariel pleaded with her father, "but father if you could just.." she began.

king triton cut ariel off, not wanting to hear anything more from her, "and that is final. is that clear?"

alexa was done. for once, she wanted to be selfish. and if that meant standing up to her father in order for him to understand where she and her sister are coming from and to get his permission to leave the kingdom of atlantica then she'll happily do so. "no. it's not clear." alexa stated firmly.

ariel looked at her younger sister and grabbed her arm as a warning, "alexa..." she whispered.

alexa shook her arm out of ariel's grasp and turned to look at her father. she argued, "we know these oceans and lived here our whole lives. it's time for us to explore new places and to live our lives. yes.. i understand your concern of the humans since they killed mom but.. we can't judge them from one action that they committed. we aren't born but made mad. but who knows? maybe there are nice ones around, the ones who wouldn't kill others but are the good ones. the diamond in the rough. how will we know if they are bad if me and ariel stay here? sometimes, you need to take a risk and be spontaneous. we have to be free and lead our own lives. don't you think so?"

king triton's expression changed from anger to realisation knowing that his youngest daughter had made valid points. as he pondered over his youngest daughter's words, ariel intertwined alexa's left hand and gave it a squeeze and whispered, "good job."

alexa smiled back in response.

a silence enveloped the room for a moment. suddenly, the throne room began to lighten up. king triton bit him lip in thought as he averted his sight from the floor to his daughters. he began, "well.. you make some good points alexa..." he trailed off in thought.

the two sisters shared a look of hope as they both anxiously waited for an answer from their father.

king triton continued, "i suppose that you are right, alexa. the both of you have to lead your own lives."

with a hopeful tone evident in her voice, ariel questioned her father, "are you saying what we think you're saying?"

king triton gave his two daughters a small smile and responded reluctantly, "yes... the two of you can explore the world.. and live a normal human life. as long as the two of you visit the kingdom and stay out of trouble." he negotiated with his daughters.

alexa and ariel smiled widely at their father's words and engulfed him in a hug, "we promise, thank you, father." the two sisters said in unison with a huge smile etched on their faces.

they pulled away from the hug and king triton lifted up his trident and waved it in the air. two heart-shaped lockets appeared in a gust of gold sparkles. both lockets had the initial 'a' engraved except that one locket was rose-gold and the other was gold. they floated in the air for a moment before they landed on king triton's hand.

ariel stared at the gold 'a' heart-shaped locket curiously and questioned her father, "what are these for, father?"

king triton answered, "these lockets are for you, girls. wear this locket at all times to stay in your human form but the moment you take off the locket, you will instantly transform back into your mermaid selves." he told his two daughters, "i'll be missing the two of you very much." he said as his eyes filled with tears threatening to fall.

the two girls engulfed him in a hug as they clung onto one another. alexa spoke up in behalf of herself and ariel, "we'll miss you too, father but we'll be fine and we'll visit you from time to time." 

ariel nodded in agreement to her sister's words as she clung onto her father and sister tightly in her arms.

eventually, the three pulled away from the hug. king triton took a moment to take in both of his daughter's features before he said, "right, let's get the two of you ready to go then." 

and with that, king triton led the way with ariel following shortly behind. meanwhile, alexa stopped for a moment to take one last look at the throne room. 

she turned away from the throne room and made her way to the door to leave. as she closed the door, she felt a sense of relief that her wish has finally been granted.

💙

IT WAS TIME FOR ALEXA AND ARIEL TO LEAVE THE KINGDOM OF ATLANTICA, DENMARK. alexa was in her room taking one last look at it, knowing that it'll be the last time she'll be in her own room for some time. she picked up her things and tucked her locket safely into one of her bags before she opened the door and made her way to the front of the castle.

when alexa arrived at the front of the castle, she could see her father, sisters and her people were standing before her who must have came to say goodbye.

alexa gave each of her sisters a hug as they all bade each other a farewell, knowing that they'll see each other soon.

once alexa got to her father, he gave her a kiss on the forehead before he engulfed her in a hug. he said, "i'll miss you so much alexa. stay safe. if there is trouble, come straight back, alright?"

tears threatened to fall from alexa's eyes as she reluctantly pulled away from the hug. she gave him a sad smile and replied, "i will. i love you."

king  triton reciprocated with a tearful look on his face, "i love you too."

once the brunette finished saying her goodbyes to everyone, she waited patiently for ariel as it was her turn to exchange her goodbyes. once she was done, she swam up to alexa and said, "are you ready for the next chapter of your life?"

nerves began to bubble inside of alexa. she finally did it. she can now leave the kingdom and explore the outside world. she smiled tearfully at her sister before she answered truthfully, "ready as i'll ever be."

alexa took one last-longing look at the castle that she'll always consider a home before she swam away with her sister by her side. 

alexa rooney was free, she can now live her life to the way she desired. 

and for once, she wasn't afraid of the unknown. in fact, she was ready to see what life was in store for her.

💙

AUTHOR'S NOTE: i've been incredibly busy with school and i've decided to edit my stories since i know that i can do better than this. anyways, i hope all of you are well and i hope you all have a good day :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...