Without Her ✓

By IceBlueCold

"What is it?" I asked. "I want you" He said making me widen my eyes. He looked into my eyes and then back to... More

Prologue
Run Off
I Warned You
The Girl
Tension
New Emotions
Hate Me
Baking
Sleep
Keys
As long As I'm Here
Stay With Me
Let Me
As Slow As You Want
Be With You
Little Donkey
Hold You
Text me
Leave me
Torture
Pleasure
Lie To Me
In The Arms Of A Murderer
Your Fault
Blindly In Love
Overwhelming
Kiss it better
Moving On
Last Time
Wait For Me
Can't take it
Dizzy
Dizzy pt2
All Fine Now
Close To Him
Breathe
Hurting
Cookies
Epilogue
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter

I Trust You

10K 369 60
By IceBlueCold

Tessa

I woke up the next day feeling way too hot and sore. Something was wrapped all around me and it was not a blanket. I opened my eyes to see the sleeping face of a gorgeous man right in front of me.

I reached out and traced his features with my finger. My finger reached his lips and I was startled as he kissed it and took it in his mouth.

I gasped and pulled it away. He opened his sleepy eyes and smiled at me, "Good morning, Tessie" 

He looks so gorgeous even in the morning.

"Good morning" I murmured and hid my face under the blanket.

I was not ready to face reality so early. I was expecting him to wake up later so I could have some time to think about what happened.

"What's wrong?" He asked and lowered the sheets to see my face. He was looking at me with a faint smile but worry was written all over his face, "You don't regret it, right?"

I immediately shook my head.

No, I couldn't regret it. It was too good. I couldn't lie even if I wanted to.

I was just scared he would leave me again at some point.

"Why did you do this?" I asked him.

He cupped one side of my face with his large hand and looked into my eyes, "Did what?"

"Approach me. We ended things, remember?" I asked.

His black eyes widened and the hold on my face tightened, "Yes" He said after a few seconds, "But Tess I-" He trailed off and sighed, "I want you. Forcing myself to stay away from you is like self torture"

His face came closer and he left kisses all over my face, "What changed your mind?" I asked.

"Things are safer now. I took care of some things" He said smiling.

"I never cared about being safe, Leo. I only ever cared about you" I said holding his face in my hands.

His smile disappeared and a serious expression took over his face. His eyebrows were slightly furrowed and his lips parted as he stared at me in wonder and something else I couldn't make out.

"I'm sorry Tess. I'm so sorry. I just didn't want to lose you. I lost my family when I was only a kid. I watched them get killed. Finding out it was all because of me... finding out your mother's death was related to me in any way, it killed me, Tess.  I didn't want anything bad to happen to you or your family because of me I will never ever forgive myself if you-" His voice failed him at the end and he stopped.

His eyes were glassy and his lips pressed together as he tried to hold back tears.

I stroked his face and he let out a sigh closing his eyes.

"It's okay, Leo. You can protect me. I trust you"

"You do?" He asked opening his eyes, his voice shaky.

"Of course"

He let out another sharp breath and buried his face in my neck, "Tessie, Tessie"  He kept repeating my name and rubbing his face against me.

I played with his hair trying to calm him down.

My poor Leo. He acts all tough but he's as soft as melted butter on the inside.

"Stay with me, Tess. Please" He said finally lifting his head to look into my eyes with a desperate look.

"Of course" I said chuckling. He let out a sigh of relief and buried his face in my neck again.

"Thank you" He said his voice muffled.

"I shouldn't let you off that easy. You're lucky I-"

-love you. I love you.

"-like you. You're lucky I like you. And care about you"

"I am" He said staring at me with a bright smile.

It's rare to see Leo smiling like that and it's so beautiful.

"I am the luckiest man alive"

"I'm not all that" I said rolling my eyes.

"It doesn't matter what you think. To me you're all I want and even more" He said and kissed my forehead, "Let's get up and then I'll make breakfast for you"

We both got up and freshened up and then Leo started making breakfast. Leo gave me his clothes since my dress from last night was practically ruined. I tried to help with the breakfast but he put me on the counter and refused my help. I took the time to answer the dozens of texts Jane sent me last night.

I'm sorry, Jane.

She must've been worried sick.

We had just finished our breakfast when I checked the time and realized I had to go home and watch my sisters since my dad would leave for work.

"I'll have to go-"

"Go?" His head snapped towards me and his eyes widened a bit.

"Yeah I have to watch my sisters"

"Oh" He smiled softly, "I'll drive you" He said.

I didn't refuse since I wanted to spend time with him and I had no reason to say no.

Plus I didn't want to walk to the bus stop. I was still kind of sore.

It seemed amazing to me how he hadn't talked in almost one and a half year, but it was like not even a day had passed. My feelings were still the same and it wasn't awkward being with him. He still felt like the same person.

Although maybe I should've been worried about that, but at the time I didn't think about it. I only wanted to be with him.

"How's college?" He asked as he was driving me home, "I heard from Ares that Serenity was happy because both of you are in the same one"

"It's nice. I'm happy I'm not alone. Although it would've been perfect if Jane was with us too" I said.

Jane was a much better student than us so she got a scholarship for a really good university. It wasn't that far but it was far enough for her to have to move there. She still visited on weekends.

"How's work?" I asked and his grip on the wheel tightened, but he didn't look at me.

"The same" He said with an expressionless face and then he smiled at me, "How's your family?"

He kept asking me questions about how my life is going, but when I asked him something he would reply with one word and then keep on asking me. It seemed really weird, but I could understand him since I knew he didn't like what he was doing.

I didn't like it either when I found out so maybe he was scared of me acting like that again.

I would never act like that again. I would stay with him no matter what this time.

If he let me.

"We're here" He said as he stopped the car and looked at me.

"Thank you for driving me"

"Don't say thank you. I'm here anytime you need me" He said with a serious expression.

"I'm here for you too"

Although I know you'd never let me know if you were in trouble. Stupid Leo.

"See you later" I said kissing his cheek and opened the door to leave, but when I tried to get out he caught me wrist.

"Tess" He said making me look at him, "You'll come back, right?"

I chuckled, "Of course"

His tight hold on my wrist softened  and a smile formed on his lips again, "Alright" He murmured and kissed my hand gently before letting go of it. 

_______

After a long day of babysitting my sisters, my dad finally came back from work. They both ran to him the minute they heard the door open and hugged him.

One was hugging his leg while the other was hugging his big belly.

They're so cute.

"How are you girls doing?" He asked with a big smile on his face and took them both in his arms. I smiled seeing them happy.

I hope they're always like this.

He sat on the couch and listened to them as they talked about their day. I listened too and we laughed at their cuteness together.

"Do you want to help me cook?" He asked already knowing their answer.

Dad insisted he cooks even though I can cook too. He liked cooking with us. He saw it as a way to bond with us since he couldn't see us when he was at work.

"Yes!" They both said filled with excitement.

"Quick! Go in the kitchen"He said patting their backs. "Careful" He added when he saw how fast they ran.

The minute they were gone he looked at me.

I'm in trouble.

"Where were you last night little lady?" He asked crossing his arms.

"I slept with Jane at her parents'. You know they haven't seen me in a while. Sorry I didn't tell you"

"Sweetie, I drove Jane and her parents back to their house after the wedding" He said with a look of disappointment, "Why do you lie to me, Tessa? Have I done something to not have your trust?"

"No, dad that's not it. You're always so understanding and accepting" I said and looked down.

I just don't think you can accept it this time.

"Then what is it?" He asked, "If it's a boy you know I don't mind. We can invite him for dinner if you want" He said.

Leo would probably freak out if I told him that.

"No, it's-" I trailed off not knowing what to say and sighed.

"Look, you're an adult. I won't butt into your business. I only want you to be safe. If you're safe and happy then I'm happy too" He said with a smile and approached me, "Just don't lie to me. You can say you don't want to talk about it, but be honest" He said putting his hands on my shoulders.

"Alright dad. I'm sorry" I said.

I'm safe with Leo, right? Right. I trust him fully this time.

"Thank you" He smiled "Now I'll go cook with your sisters" He said patting my back before heading to the kitchen.

I sighed and sat on the couch.

Should I talk to Leo about it? About my dad?

I can't hide forever.

Just then, I heard my phone ringing. I picked it up seeing it was Leo.

"Tess" He said. I could hear worry and anxiety in his voice so I panicked a little at first.

"What is it? Did something happen?"

He let out a sigh of relief, "No. You're okay right? Your dad should be back by now" He said his breath a little uneven.

He knew when my dad would be back because I told him earlier.

"Yes, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing. Nothing. I just missed you" He said, his voice sounding much softer now.

I chuckled.

Is this what it was all about?

"You scared me, stupid" I said.

"Why would you be scared?" He asked, anxious again.

"I thought something bad happened. Are you okay? You sound really worried" I said.

"I want to see you again"

"Me too-"

"Right now"

"R-right now?" I asked surprised.

"Yes, can I see you right now?"

"How? I'm home and my dad is here with my sisters" I whispered not wanting my dad to hear.

"That's-" He trailed off sounding sad, "I can come later" 

"Aren't you busy? Serenity told me Ares  gave all the work to you and Nate because he wanted to enjoy the first month of his marriage with Serenity without worries" I said.

I wanted to see him. I really did. I was just worried about him.

Something is up with him.

"I did it all earlier. I had to keep myself busy since I couldn't talk to you. I didn't want to bother you"

I chuckled. He's so cute.

"You need sleep too, Leo"

"Right" He murmured.

No, he sounds very anxious. Now I feel like I need to check on him.

"On second thought I think you should come here"

"Really!?"

"Yes, but later. My dad is still up"

"Yes, yes. I know" He said.

"See you later then" I said woth a smile. He said goodbye as well and we ended the call.

What is up with him this time?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.7K 2.5K 41
"Your moving a little fast aren't you?" He entwines our fingers and leans in towards my face, "I know what I want when I see it." I tilt my head with...
2.6M 69.3K 38
"One kiss won't hurt, right? Just one, I promise" He whispered holding my face. "It's wrong" I said. I knew I was just lying to myself. "I've waite...
467 26 20
14+ COMPLETED!! romantic short story "Loni, please." His voice is so gentle and so longing, I weaken. Swallowing, I finally dare meet his gaze. My fe...
877 77 36
Settling between my legs he looked me in the eyes, softly whispering to me "what are you doing to me woman" I see his gaze flicker from my eyes to my...