The Light Of His Life

Per katiehelmsway

What if Damon Salvatore was engaged when he was a human? Before he was turned into a vampire by Katherine Pie... Més

Author's Note
ACT I
CAST
HISTORY REPEATING
THE TURNING POINT
BLOODLINES
UNPLEASANTVILLE
CHILDREN OF THE DAMNED
FOOL ME ONCE
FLASHBACK: SIF COMES TO MYSTIC FALLS
A FEW GOOD MEN
THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD
LET THE RIGHT ONE IN
UNDER CONTROL
MISS MYSTIC FALLS
BLOODLINES
ISOBEL
SEASON 2 CAST
THE RETURN
BRAND NEW WORLD

THE FOUNDER'S DAY

730 23 11
Per katiehelmsway

Damon and Sif roamed the gardens of the high school, eating candy and enjoying the time. Carol Lockwood was supervising the students participating in the float and as she called over the ladies to get on the float, Sif could see Caroline dragging a whining girl towards their position. The girl was fidgeting with her corset and Sif couldn't help but chuckle at her expression. The girl looked like a cat being dragged to bathe. She must be Mysha. Caroline talked a lot about her.

Damon spotted Stefan standing alone, waiting for Elena. He held Sif's hand and led her over to his brother. "Look at you, all retro," he commented. Stefan sighed, annoyed, "What are you doing here?" Damon shrugged, "Why wouldn't I be here? Isobel is gone, no one is currently threatening us and it's Founders' Day! I'm here to eat cotton candy and be with my girl." He fed Sif some of the cotton candy in his hand as he speak.

Sif had to admit this century was amazing. The amount of sugar in the cotton candy blew her mind. No wonder the kids loved it. She was also enjoying watching young girls suffer from their tight outfits. She had to deal with them for almost all her life, watching other people suffer while she didn't was really funny.

Stefan furrowed his eyebrows, "What about John?" Sif laughed, "You don't have to worry about him. He knows not to mess with us. And he is compelled to tell me anything important. His only ally is also working for me now so I fathom he can't do anything." Stefan nodded. He was happy that Isobel was gone. She was hurting his girlfriend by being the worst mother in existence.

The three noticed Elena approaching and turned their heads. Their eyes widened at the sight. In her period dress, she looked strikingly like Katherine. She smiled at them and curtsied. Sif couldn't believe her eyes. She knew Katherine and Elena were doppelgangers but Elena dressed, spoke and behaved so differently, it never occurred to her how hauntingly similar the two looked. She remembered when she had first seen Katherine for the first time and was shocked at her resemblance to Tatia.

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

Mysha stood behind Bonnie as she clicked a picture of Caroline and Matt before the Founders' Day Parade, in their Civil War costumes. Bonnie said, "Say cheese!" Caroline suddenly turned towards her boyfriend and spoke, "Oh wait! Hide your cast, it's not era-appropriate!" Matt asked, amused, "Seriously?" "Yes!" Caroline exclaimed. Matt complied as Mysha and Bonnie laughed.

Bonnie took the picture just as Tyler arrived. Caroline said, "I want one with Mysha now." Tyler offered to take it. Matt looked at him and said, "I'll be on the float." Tyler looked at the girls and sighed at their expressions, "I said I was sorry!" Mysha huffed. "Tyler, You made out with his mother and then you beat him to a pulp," She said, referring to the Kick-Off party where Matt found his mom and Tyler together. Caroline looked at him with pity, "You're gonna have to do a little bit better than sorry."

She looked at him and left with Mysha and Bonnie. They took a few pictures and then Caroline proceeded to drag Mysha around. Mysha whined, "Caroline, can we please go inside. I am actively avoiding two people and this dress is making it very hard to be invisible." Caroline looked at her, "No matter what you wear, it would be impossible for you to be invisible, okay? And we're going to meet Sif. I thought you wanted to meet her."

Mysha gave in, only because she actually did want to meet her best friend's new friend. From what Caroline had told her, she seemed like good company. Caroline spotted Damon and Sif standing together, talking and called out to them. They turned around to see them and Damon groaned while Sif greeted her, "Hello Caroline. You look beautiful in your dress." Caroline smiled at her and Sif then turned to Mysha and held her hand out, "You must be Mysha. Caroline talks a lot about you. It's great to finally meet you, I'm Sif Mikaelson."

Mysha gave her a bright smile, "Hi. It's great to meet you too. If Caroline had told me her new friend was this pretty, I would have accompanied you guys for lunch." Sif chuckled while Damon's hand over her waist tightened and his eyes narrowed.

They made conversation for some time the girls had to report to the float. The couple stood in the crowd and watched the parade oblivious to what was going on at the house.

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

Katherine stood in front of the boarding house, wondering if the residents had been wise enough to keep a human owner. She took a step inside and raised an eyebrow when her foot passed the threshold with no restriction. Apparently not that wise.

She walked around the house, looking for the device. She went into Stefan's room and smirked when she saw her picture in one of his drawers. The picture and the similarities between her and his girlfriend told her that he still loved her. She could have fun with that.

Moving on to Damon's room, she went through all the drawers thoroughly, trying to find the device and anything useful to use against her nemesis. She scoffed when she found the device in Sif's cupboard. It wasn't even hidden properly. Sif's overconfidence in being the best was always her downfall. It was her downfall even in 1864. Katherine stared at the device and murmured, "You wanted me to come to Mystic Falls, Sif. I'll come. I'll come with a bang."

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

After the parade, the couple moved over to the grill. Damon and Sif sat on the bar counter having burgers and bourbon. Sif let out a pleasured moan as she took a bite of her burger and Damon looked at her in amusement. "Sif, I thought we agreed to keep the noises in the bedroom," Damon said in a scandalous tone, looking around.

Sif huffed a laugh, "If this was in our bedroom, then I'd definitely make these noises. This century continues to amaze me. Even the food is amazing here." Damon watched her eat with a smile on his face. If they had gotten the chance, they would have made the most of the 20th century too. Damon would have taken her to every restaurant open. He would have taken her to all the clubs too. She would've loved them.

After Sif had eaten three burgers, the two walked around in the town square, looking at the decorations. It was night and almost time for the fireworks when John came up to them. They knew the only reason John would approach them was to give them information on the threats coming into Mystic Falls. He would tell them and then leave.

Sif asked him for any useful information and John said, "Katherine is back in town." Sif smirked, "Finally. It's been far too long. Next time you see her tell her I'm waiting." John nodded and left. As soon as he was out of their sight, they ran into Anna.

Damon raised an eyebrow at her, "You're still around?" Anna grimly informed, "There's something you need to know. The vampires from the tomb are planning an attack tonight." Sif asked how she would know that and Anna explained, "I went to them. They think I'm with them but I'm not. They want the Founding Families dead." Damon asked, "When is this supposed to happen?"

Anna answered, "When the fireworks start. A lot of people are gonna die. I thought you'd like to be informed." Damon looked around, "Where are they right now?" Anna replied that they were already here. Sif and Damon looked at each other and Anna left.

"We need to get the Forbes and Gilberts out of here," Sif spoke and Damon nodded. While searching, they found Alaric and walked towards him. Damon called out to him and asked, " You keep those nifty little vampire darts in the car?" Alaric furrowed his eyebrows, "Yeah, why do you ask?" Sif replied, "Because this square is covered with tomb vampires. I believe we might need a stake or two." Alaric nodded and left.

Damon spotted Stefan and Elena and led Sif towards them. Elena noticed them approach in a panic and asked what they were doing. Damon replied in frenzy, "Saving your life. Fifteen words or less, Tomb vamps are here. Founding families are their target," he turned to Stefan, "Get her out of here, now!"

Damon and Sif started to leave but Stefan called them back, "Wait, where are you going?" Damon frustratedly answered, "That's more than fifteen words, Stefan." They took their leave and Damon turned to Sif, " You look for Caroline. I'll look for Liz." Sif nodded and they split up. She searched for her friend and found her getting out of the grill.

Sif ran up to her. "Caroline!" she called out. Caroline turned to her and looked at her panicked state. "Hey, are you okay?" Caroline asked her, her brows furrowed in worry. Sif smiled, "Yeah, where are you going?" Caroline answered, "We're going to Tyler's house. Apparently, the mayor wanted us to leave." Sif was so concerned about her friend's safety, that she didn't question why the mayor would want his kids to leave before the fireworks started.

She nodded and after Caroline and her friends had gotten in the car, she walked around to find her fiance. She found Stefan and Elena standing together and walked towards them. "Okay," she said, reaching them, "Did you guys see Alaric or Damon? They should have the stakes. We will need a lot of them."

Elena was about to answer when a shrill noise rang through her ears, causing sharp pain. Stefan fell to the floor screaming in pain and Sif put her head in her hands, groaning. Elena bent down, helping Stefan. A deputy noticed them and ran closer but Alaric ran interference and hurriedly spoke, "Hey, I got these two. There's one over there. Take this, go! Go! Go!"

The deputy reluctantly left and Alaric went to help. Elena helps Stefan get up and Alaric assists Sif. They walked toward the stairs. Elena stammered, "I don't know what happened, they just dropped." Alaric nodded, "Yeah, they're not the only ones. The cops have gotten everyone who's gone down, injecting them with vervain." Elena gasped in shock and said, "They're rounding up the vampires."

Sif panted, still in a little pain, "yeah, the device. John told me Katherine was in town. I should have realised she'd do something." Sif cursed and shook her head. She suddenly gasped, "Damon! Where's Damon? He went to search for the sheriff. Did you see Damon somewhere?" She asked Alaric and he answered, "I saw at least five vampires go down. They're taking them to Elena's family's old building."

She nodded and ran towards the building, Stefan and Elena in tow. They could hear the building on fire and Sif increased her speed. She spotted John and ran towards him, "Where is Damon?" John smugly answered, "With the rest of them, where he should be. It's over for Damon." Elena angrily accused, "You're crazy!" John asked, "Why? Because I'm doing what should have been done a hundred and forty-five years ago? This is the right thing, Elena."

He noticed Sif and Stefan staring at the building and said, "Go ahead, you won't make it out. It'll save me the trouble of killing you myself." Stefan ignored John and turned to his girlfriend, "You know the building well, is there another way in?" Elena answered him, "Utility door, there's one around the side." That was all Sif needed. She ignored all of them and ran towards the back, finding the door.

She opened the door and took a step back as the fumes of fire tried to get out. Stefan came up behind her and asked how they were going to get in now. Sif ignored him and took a deep breath, speeding downstairs. She ignored Stefan calling out for her and she ignored her body slowly catching fire. She looked around for Damon and found him on the floor, groaning.

Running up to him, she shook him. He opened his eyes and groggily asked, "Sif?" Sif smiled and picked him off the floor, speeding back upstairs. Out in the open air, she put Damon down on the floor gently. She noticed Bonnie and Elena had also joined Stefan and all three of them were staring at her in horror.

She looked at them confused. Why would they be in horror? She just saved someone's life, they should be grateful. She then noticed her suit blazer on fire and realized. They were probably horrified cause she was burning. She shrugged off her blazer with a pout. It looked so good on her. She raised an eyebrow at the three's still horrified looks, "What?"

Damon started to stir and she helped him up, leaning him against the wall. Elena and Stefan opened their mouths a few times but no words came. Bonnie shook herself and spoke up, "You stepped in that building while it was on fire." Sif nodded her head, "Yes, you just saw that. Any particular reason you're pointing that out to me?"

"And you're not dead," Elena pitched in, still shocked. Sif sighed, "Yes, evidently." She turned and checked Damon for any injuries. He didn't appear to be harmed. He was recovering the vervain really fast too. Stefan asked this time, "How?"

Sif turned to him, "Not that it's any of your business, but I can't die. Not even fire can kill me. There is no weapon on this planet that can bring my demise. Now that this conversation is over, we'll be leaving." She didn't mention the white oak stake her father had, and nor did she mention the silver daggers. No need to inform everyone about her only weaknesses. She just put her arm around her fiance's waist and led him back to their house, leaving the others dumbfounded at the new information.

They reached the boarding house and Sif immediately made Damon lie down on the bed, passing him a blood bag to regain his strength. Damon looked at her with worry, "Are you okay?" She looked over at him with a smile, "You're the one who had a near-death experience. How did they have the device anyway?" Damon shrugged, "Katherine had stolen the device and given it to John apparently. Now, are you hurt?" Sif sighed, playing with his hair, "Of course not, honey. I don't think you heard me when I said fire can't kill me." Damon held her wrists and brought her closer, "No but it can harm you. You should have some blood too."

She smiled and nodded, opening a blood bag for herself. She was touched that Damon was worried about her, even after having almost died. They were suddenly interrupted by Damon's phone ringing. Seeing it was Liz, they shared a look and Damon picked up his phone. On the other side, they could hear Liz sobbing. Damon calmed her down and asked her what happened. Hearing her response, both of them looked at each other alarmed.

"Yeah, we're on our way," Damon hurriedly said and hung up. They sped away to the car and rode to the hospital. Sif could feel worry seeping into her. Caroline had been in an accident.

[A/N: YAYYYYY!!!!! SEASON 1 IS OVER!!! Hope you guys enjoyed the final episode of season 1. It took me 2 and a half months to reach this point and I hope you guys enjoyed the story and are excited for the journey ahead. I know I am.

Now comes season 2. Oh, I'm gonna have so much fun with it. Honestly, I'm gonna change a lot of the plotline, as the outcome would mostly be the same ig, but the details would change a lot. Sif is gonna go through a lot of shit from now on. She's definitely gonna surprise you guys like something really major is gonna happen in season 2 and ahead.]

Words: 2572

COMMENT!

VOTE!

SHARE!

-Katie

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

121K 4.1K 53
*Sequel to The Salvatore Sister* Evangeline Salvatore has been living a good life since her departure from Mystic Falls, filled with blood and night...
349K 8.1K 60
Samantha returns back to Mystic Falls to help her sister after her parents death. Unexpected, mysterious things started happening in the tiny town. S...
518K 5.5K 42
A Vampire Diaries Fan Fiction Series. Elena Gilbert dated Damon Salvatore, a centuries old vampire for a year until he broke her heart. But now he's...
1.5M 34.3K 71
Alexandria is Damon and Stefan's little sister. She is 16, beautiful, a bitch and let's not forget a Salvatore. Alexandria has only returned to he...