The Immortal Prince ✔️

By Midika

"Tomorrow, we don't have to speak of this again." I hardly know what I'm asking. I just know I want whatever... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
Epilogue

27

10.4K 377 18
By Midika

Word Count: 1650

~Vaela

I stare up at the ceiling, my mind entirely numb.

"That was..." I draw off.

Hale leans on his side, looking over me. "Intense?"

"Yeah, yeah it was," I breathe. My body is still reeling, struggling to piece together the state it was in before Hale thoroughly wrecked it.

He did it so effortlessly too, stoic and unbothered the entire day. He's thought about this, I can tell. I'm not sure for how long, but he's considered what he would do to me the moment I came to want him.

"I know," he murmurs.

"That's why you made me wait?" I sweep my hair back through my sweaty hair, noting the devious glint in his eyes.

"Worth it?"

I nod numbly. "I think so."

"Good girl."

"If you can do that with just your fingers on just the outside of my clothes..." I break off, unsure if I can even conceptualise such a situation. Not once did our skin brush, yet that was an overwhelming experience.

His jaw clenches slightly, and he looks down to where my fingers fidget with the edge of the sheet. "Let's hope your mate has my talents."

Exhaling, I sink deeper into my pillow, covering my eyes with my forearm.

I'm meant to be finding my mate, and yet I allowed another man to bring me pleasure.

"Ugh, don't remind me," I groan.

"We will find them," Hale assures me gently, although I'm not entirely convinced he wants me to.

I twist, leaning up in my elbows. "You should know that this isn't happening again. You're not my owner, and you're not going to...to put me through that."

The heat of the moment, he demanded I admit I was his. I'm not, and yet in that moment I truly felt as though I was.

His eyes glitter. "But you liked it."

"Doesn't matter, it's not right."

Hale stretches, resting his head back on his hands. "Oh, it's right."

I roll onto my elbows, looking down at him. "I don't think my mate will like it when I tell him I've been pinned to a counter top by a pureblood while my release was dragged out by an entire day just for his amusement."

"And your pleasure," he adds.

"Not the point."

"Don't tell him them," he shrugs. I roll my eyes. As if it's that easy.

I stab him in the chest with my index finger, narrowing my eyes. "Oh, and I don't belong to you."

The smile that plays on his lips deserves to be wiped off in some violent fashion. "Funny what you'll say when I'm in control of your release."

I knew better than to utter an agreement to him, even in the moment, and yet I still did. For that beautiful, fleeting moment, it felt good to be someone's, to be his. I would never admit that to him, instead tucking it away into the depths of my mind.

"I can't be held accountable for my actions in that instance." I stuff my head into the pillow, voice muffled.

Hale waits until I'm looking back up at him, appearing on the border of seriousness and amusement. "I know you don't belong to me, Vaela. But when your under me, and moments away from release, you are mine."

"Lucky it won't be happening again," I note.

My body would like nothing more than to be with him again, to feel that kind of pleasure again. Not happening, though.

Hale smiles. "If you say so."

I sit all the way up, hugging my knees. "Don't...don't even say that."

"Say what?"

"Don't imply like it will happen again. I truly need to find my mate, for my own health," I mumble.

Hale finally sighs, pulling himself from the bed. I forget how he is fully dressed, how his gloves remain on. I haven't questioned him on why he did all that with them on, not wanting the pain of the answer.

It's likely because the thought of being mates is unbearable to him...

"I may know someone, with talents in that area." he wanders to the foot of the bed. I sit up excitedly.

"Talents?"

"He is good at reading people, good at telling who one's mate may be," Hale mutters.

He looks distracted, and more importantly, bothered by the notion he has brought up. It's obvious it must be a compelling issue, considering Hale has never brought this person up before, who could have aided me far earlier.

"If he is so good at it, why hasn't he found your mate?" I ask, far too tempted to plunge deeper into Hale's life than to face the reality of my own.

Because there is always a chance Hale's idea won't work.

"It's not that simple. He never sensed a mate in my future, or at least he hasn't told me. We don't have the best relationship." He rubs the back of his neck, brows creasing. I tilt my head curiously.

"Who is it?"

He studies me with cold eyes. "My brother."

My blood turns to ice, as fright siezes me. Another Sin. I may have been lucky meeting Hale, having been shown his only his good side so far. But will that same luck extend to another Sin? I somehow doubt it.

"Oh...Really? Which Sin?" I ask softly. I'm not even sure which one I want him to say, although I get the feeling I know, when going off the small amount of researched I've done into all the Purebloods.

Hale rubs his hands through his mussed hair, looking grim. "Lust. He calls himself Sinful. We can visit him if you like."

"You don't seem convinced," I note warily.

"No, not really. But it's all I can think of to help you," he murmurs.

Lust? That sounds like a very unpredictable Sin. But all Seven, other than Hale, he me be the less likely to be violent.

"Then we leave right now..." I say, getting to my feet. I need to do this before I decide against it. It's far too easy to wallow in this cave with Hale to comfort me.

This may be my one chance.

"Now?"

"Yes, we have no time to waste," I exclaim, beginning to pace around the room, wondering whether I should pack something. How long will this take?

Hale grabs my arm, pulling me to a stop, forcing me to look up with him.

"Morning, we can go. Just know he isn't very predictable. I cannot guarantee he won't say something...Offensive," he murmurs.

Offensive? I get a feeling I know what that means. My breath quickens, knowing what Hale and I just did...Knowing that were I questioned about it, I'm not sure how much of it I could brush off as nothing.

"I can handle it," I decide, forcing my shoulders back, trying to convey confidence, which right now, is painfully transparent and barely held together.

Hale exhales through his nose. "Of course..."

"You...I better get some sleep." I motion to the door. We are leaving tomorrow now, and although I asked him to lie with me tonight, I've sobered from those thoughts.

And just looking at him now, shadows playing along the strong lines of his face, I'm not sure if I have it in me to deny him were he to want me again like that.

Even after the day I've just had, I'm ready for him again.

Hale has the curtesy not to question it, or to even look disappointed, backing away. "I will leave you to it."

I watch the door close behind him.

All I know, is I better find my mate soon, because I've officially fallen into dangerous territory.

***

Hale is waiting for me in the foyer first thing the next morning.

Nothing is different to usual, and yet my stomach flutters and my gaze dips downward. There's an obvious tension between us now, that I'm not going to acknowledge.

"Ready?" he asks.

I shove my hands in my thick coat, having been warned earlier by Hale that we would be going to another cold climate. "I suppose."

"Remember, you may be able to handle him, but you are mortal," Hale says lightly, adjusting his gloves. I nod numbly, although his words sting more than I expected him to.

"You're saying he could kill me?"

He shrugs, although his distant gaze suggests there's going to be more to this exchange then he is willing to share. "I've never known Sinful to kill without necessity. Not these days, anyway."

"Comforting..."

"I'll be there, don't worry. I would be more concerned about him flirting with you, then anything else," Hale says, lips tilting upward. My stomach twists painfully at the thought of being subjected to yet another Purebloods attention.

"Really?"

Hale reaches out, so I take his hand. "It's his way of communicating."

What's Hale's way of communicating? Denying those under his protection the release they want until they are practically begging him for it?

I look away, fearful he can read the replay of those memories in my eyes. "Let's not waste any time."

My eyes squeeze shut, just as the world around us falls away, and I'm plunged into a cold void of darkness.

My feet touch the soft ground, crunching through snow.

When my eyes tentatively open, I see we are in an entirely different place, right outside someone's door. I barely have a chance to exchange a glance with Hale before the door swings right open, revealing a tall, beautiful man.

"This is an excellent surprise."

🖤••🖤

As always, the story will be available 10 chapters ahead on Radish!!!

You can also find it on GoodNovel (:

• A DEMON'S KISS IS OUT NOW ON WATTPAD•

"You...You what?"

Kastriv examines my husband with an unforgiving, ice cold gaze. "I want to fuck your wife. And you're going to let me."

~Midika 💜🐼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 1.1K 7
"Fucking hell, Angel. Don't look at me like that." Anthony urges, holding the side of her neck with his hand. With tinted cheeks, Estella blushed bef...
131 34 17
I will kill him. I will mutilate him. I will make him hurt. And he'd never want to be alive again. After Luna was almost murdered by the doppelgänger...
3.4K 440 42
"I pray for your soul, Lamont Oliver. I pray God has mercy on you. And on me, for loving you." *** When one lives for hundreds of years, mistakes hap...
38 0 1
This is a fated mate romance between a reluctant fiery woman and an alpha male who is more then used to getting his way. Their bloodlines make them s...