oh come on | twd

By troubled_teen1

Amelia and her father had never been close, the mental and physical abuse making that nearly impossible. Of c... More

Author's Note
• Terminus •
• A Toast •
• Lurking •
• Unfamiliar Surroundings •
• Rooftop Views •
• Take Down •
• Bury A Friend •
• A Big Storm Coming •
• Pick A Side •
• Wake Up Call •
Author's Note
• Distant Memories •
• Lights, camera, action •
• Lifeline •
• Not My Scene •
• Promises •
• Sleepless Nights •
Author's Note
• Changes •
• Jacks, Twos and Eights •
• Party Time •
Author's Note
• Chase the Ace •
• Even More Changes •
• Company •
• Torn Cards •
• Punishments •
• Repercussions •
• Consequences •
• Butterfly Effect •
• Rational Emotions •
• Long Conversations •
Author's Note
• Rehabilitation •
• You Call Yourself Jesus? •
• He Sounds Like An Asshole •
• Settled Business •
• Risks We Have To Take •
Author's Note
• Line up, line up •
• A Wall Between Us •
• How to Use Manners •
• Lesson 1 •
• Negan's Room •
• A Far-Fetched Betrayal •
Author's Note
• Dependency •
• Savoured Moments •
Author's Note
Author's Note

• The Priest •

1.9K 43 1
By troubled_teen1

It was hot. Boiling hot. We'd been walking for god knows how long and had no food or water. Perhaps it was the heat that was making Dad an angry mess, or maybe it was the fact that he couldn't boss me around as much since there were people around. Either way, everything seemed to set him off and it seemed both me and Daryl were the only ones to pay attention to it.

When we'd been introduced to the group properly it was clear people didn't take a liking to my Dad. I didn't blame them considering I could barely like him. I loved him of course, he was my father after all. But I hated the way he treated me and the way he made me feel. Everyone treated me well though, checking on me and trying to strike up conversation. It was strange going from the girl my dad raised me to be to the girl that secretly loved the affection.

There were a lot more people than I had originally thought there was. Rick had been reunited with his daughter Judith and his friends, and everyone was ecstatic. Turns out the explosion was from Daryl's best friend Carol, and I thanked her for helping which made me feel extremely awkward. I felt very out of place and Dad's unfazed demeanour made me feel even more uneasy but I continued to play it cool.

"We need to find food, and water," Rick told the group, as we all shuffled along the road.

My head was spinning with the heat and my arm constantly brushed against whoever was walking next to me. I didn't bother checking, even though I could see from the corner of my eye that they were looking at me. Whether it was to get some sort of reaction out of me or just because they were annoying, I didn't know.

As my feet carried me further we came to a stop at the sound of screams. I looked to my side finally, seeing Carl looking to the source of noise. He instantly took off running, much to Rick's dismay and we all ended up running after him. My small dagger in hand, I ran after the boy, quickly catching up to him, darting my eyes around to find the source of screams.

The sight before me made me surprised however. A man was there, in priest clothing and he was crying as a walker grabbed onto his foot from where he laid on a stone-like pedestal. We all sprung into action. Everyone apart from my dad. Of course.

I sprung my dagger into as many of the walkers as I could, but quickly got distracted. I felt hands grab my shoulders and moans by my ear and I nearly yelled, but I quickly heard the snarls stop, and the weight be pulled from me.

I spun, looking for whoever had saved me. Carl nodded at me and I smiled at him in thanks. He smiled back and I actually felt happy for a moment, until I felt a hand wrap around my forearm and pull me away. I could see everyone else in the group talking to the priest, and I quickly realised my mistake. I had smiled.

"The fuck at you playing at, huh?" My dad's angered voice spoke to me in a hushed manner as to not alert the others.

"What?" I asked, incredulously whilst also trying not anger him further. That was the last thing I wanted to do.

"First, you go running off to help a stranger. Second, you're smiling at that boy?!" I could see the veins on his forehead and I recoiled at the fact I'd actually smiled at him.

How could I have been so stupid?

"He saved me, I wanted to thank him," I mumbled, and turned my head down as to not meet his gaze.

"Maybe he shouldn't have," he sneered and I felt my heart sink at his words. "What have I always taught you? Don't. Show. Weakness. And what are you doing? Showing weakness. And soon as they see you drop your guard then we're both fucked."

"Isn't that what we did with Richard?" I didn't intend for it to sound like I was arguing back.

His grip on my forearm tightened and I winced, knowing that it would leave a bruise. I kept my head down and blinked back the tears that threatened to form. I closed my eyes tightly, and looked backup at him, my face blank with no evidence that I was upset.

"That's better." He shoved me back towards the group, and I would've collided with Daryl had he not steadied me.

He studied my face for a moment, before looking at my dad. I prayed he wouldn't say anything, not wanting any backlash from anything he would say. I also quite liked this group, and didn't want my dad dragging me away again as soon as things didn't go how he liked it. He looked back at me, his face not revealing anything and I could only hope I looked the same.

"Take us to this church," Rick said, breaking the awkward moment I was currently having, and I quickly stepped past Daryl and followed the rest of the group.

"We trust him?" I asked Abraham, who looked down at me then back at the priest.

"No. I just need to get Eugene to Washington. And if this helps me get him there then so be it," he nodded, and I just gave a look of understanding before walking beside him quietly.

My dad's words rung through my head as we walked, and I couldn't stop the feeling of hurt that echoed through me with each step I took. Did he really think Carl should've just left me to die? Part of me wondered if he was just saying that to get into my head but another part of me knew he was an honest man. With me, anyways.

"Amelia." I didn't know how many times whoever had called me had said my name, but as I looked back up I saw it was Daryl.

"Hm?" I hummed in response, looking back ahead to see my Dad walking beside Rick, not paying attention to me.

"What was that about earlier? With your dad?" He asked, and I felt myself tense as we walked.

"What was what about?" I didn't think playing dumb would get me anywhere with Daryl, but perhaps it could give me enough time to think of an excuse.

"Don't act stupid. I saw him drag you off," I could see him watching my dad walk, and I panicked at the thought of him overhearing the conversation.

"He was just lecturing me about not paying attention," I shrugged, and Daryl just huffed.

I didn't know if he believed me or not, but I wasn't going to continue a conversation about it. I hadn't even known he had seen that, other than my falling into him which was embarrassing enough. Either way, he was suspicious and I had to make sure Dad didn't know. I liked this group and it made me feel safe and I knew as soon as my dad saw something wrong he'd either drag me away from them or cause chaos.

When we got to the church, I didn't expect it to be so quiet. Bob, Sasha and Tyreese all stood together in a group talking while Rick and Daryl checked inside. Rosita, Eugene and Abraham also stood together discussing matters with Tara, Maggie and Glenn. It was only me, my dad and Carl left stood there looking around.

"Want to take a look around with me? We can check it's safe for the other before bringing Judith inside," Carl spoke to me and I glanced at Dad before nodding.

He didn't look too happy about me accepting Carl's offer but I did anyway, following him around the side of the church. He seemed happy that I decided to come with him and I wondered if there was reasoning behind it.

We got a fair way away from the rest of the group before Carl spoke and I knew instantly that I made a bad choice by coming with him.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but what's the deal with your dad?" he asked, stopping walking so he could look at me.

"Excuse me?" I raised my eyebrows and folded my arms.

"No, I mean he's just so hotheaded. Did something happen?" He quickly corrected his words from before and I lowered my arms from my chest so I could roll my eyes and continue walking.

"It's just who he is," I answered peeking my head around the corner of the church to check for anyone round back.

"But we're safe now, he could at least loosen up a little," he reasoned, each word that left his mouth making me more and more annoyed.

"We're never safe. Loosening up is what gets us killed," I retorted, my patience wearing thin, as I continued walking closer to the tree line to have a look.

"I'm not saying to drop our guards, I'm saying not to be a dick." He trailed after me, not leaving much space for me to just walk away and forget the conversation, and with where it was headed anyway, I wanted to have the last word.

"Shut up Carl." I sighed in annoyance, walking back towards the church after seeing nothing lurking in the woods, even though part of me hoped for something to be there to work as a distraction.

"What, because I'm right?"

"No, because you're pissing me off." I sped up my walk, hoping to get back to the group quicker so I could ditch the boy that was pestering me, but a branch snapping from behind us drew my attention.

"How am-," I silenced him by quickly putting my finger to my lips, as my eyes stayed glued to the forestry behind him.

"Wha-," I quickly put my hand over his mouth and darted my eyes back to the tree line.

I felt him hold his breath, no more warm air hitting my hand. I slowly removed my hand from his mouth and heard him exhale.

"Be quiet and listen," I whispered harshly, unsheathing my dagger and walking slowly to the forestry.

Silence. Other than the faded voices of the group, the trees were silent, as were whatever had initially made the noise were. I furrowed my brows, about to take another step.

"Carl! Amelia!" I huffed, staying in my position for a moment before putting my dagger back and turning to walk back

Whatever it was there was no sign of it anymore, making me think it was probably a bird or some other animal that I would've loved to kill and eat. The thought of this made me stomach rumble as I walked ahead of Carl, who stayed in place for a bit before quickly jogging after me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.3K 3.6K 49
you drew stars around my scars and now i'm bleeding. >< carl never used to believe that everything happened for a reason. but he now knows that sofi...
25.5K 866 54
Lillian, a name resembling a Lily Flower. or, A 10 year old girl with a tragic past. Lillian Brock, a troubled, scared girl who enters the apocalyps...
51.3K 946 80
Rori Rhee has survived this long, been through so many death. Yet she still had Carl, her parents, and the rest of the group. Except, she's slowly lo...
84.6K 4.1K 21
❝ i am my father's daughter ❞ -𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, the young girl's life was a tragedy, her mother died and her father, negan, abandoned her. riley's jo...