Just A Kid

Por dukeydoo

Kara is a young girl who recently arrived on Earth after a far too long journey after escaping her planets de... Más

Orientation
Nightmares
First Day Of School Pt. 1
First Day Of School Pt.2
The Runaway
The Weekend
Regrets
Alien
Lex
Anti-Lex Squad
New Kid
Lena
Room 204
Winter Break
Dinner
Till Death Do Us Part
Interrogation
Freak
Alex
Court
Streaky
Apology
Callen
Sleepover and Secrets
Graduation Party
You Saved Me
Grounded
Winn

Saving Iris

260 10 0
Por dukeydoo

   The feeling of interdimensional travelling is something Winn did not want to get used to. After projectile vomiting all over Star Labs, they started to form a plan. All they knew about Iris' disappearance is that a man with short black hair took her a week ago from her house. Barry had ran through Central City and nearby cities hundreds of times before deciding to get help from another Earth.

  "These are your friends from Earth 36 that are going to help you save Iris?" Cisco scoffed. "Barry, are you out of your mind?!"

  "Sorry Bar, I have to agree with Cisco on this one. I don't think a bunch of teenagers are going to solve this for you." Joe said.

  "I swear they can. Just give them a shot." Barry walked over to Kara and nudged her slightly forwards. "This is younger Supergirl. The one in the show, you know?"

  "Damn! She looks so similar to the actor that plays her here." Cisco said.

  "Show?" Winn asked.

  "Oh. My. God. Is that little Winn Schott!?" Chester asked as he entered the room, covering his face in a mix of excitement and shock.

"And you must be Alex.. And Maggie.. And Sam.. And that must be Nia.." Chester screeched.

  "How do you know our names?" Alex asked, wary since this random person knew way to much for her liking.

  "The show.. Supergirl." Chester replied. "Though you guys didn't meet until Kara was all grown up."

  "I have a show?" Kara smiled.

  "Duh! It's the most popular show in Central City right now!" Chester said.

  "And James Olsen too! God all you need now is Lena." He grinned.

  "James?" Kara muttered not hearing the part about Lena. She spun around and making eye contact with him.

  "James! Why are you here?!" Kara asked, angrily.

"I would never pass up the opportunity to travel through a portal that apparently goes to another Earth!" He defended.

"You're going to wish you never came." Kara said, pinning him against the wall.

"Damn girl!" Chester said. "You guys definitely don't have the same relationship you had in the show. You even dated for awhile."

  Kara let go of James and spun around in complete shock.

  "Ew!" They both said.

  "Your show is fucked up." Maggie said. "At least tell me that Alex and I are together."

  "You were engaged-" Chester started.

  "Knew it!" Maggie pumped her fists in the air.

  "But you broke up because you didn't want kids." He finished.

  "What?! I love kids. Me and Alex have a kid." Maggie pointed towards Alex who was proudly holding Callen in the air.

  "That's a rock?" He said, confused.

  "Can we please focus, guys? I need to find Iris." Barry cut in.

  "Oh yeah.. Sorry boss." Chester backed up.

  "Have you ran facial recognition on the man? You know what he looks like right?" Kara asked.

  "I couldn't make out any facial features other then dark hair, but he's definitely a meta. He vanished with her in his arms right in front of me and I wasn't fast enough to stop him.." He said.

  "What's a meta?" Sam asked. Barry sighed before diving into a somewhat long conversation about meta humans and how they came to be.

~
~
~

She tapped her pencil on her desk, watching as her clock struck midnight. Still no word from Kara. No phone call, no text, no email. Lena got more worried by the moment as Kara was meant to be here early this morning. At first she thought that maybe she got held up by friends or family, but knew that Kara would call if that had happened. Now Lena is more worried that something happened to her on the way. Maybe she passed out from exhaustion, or someone had done something to her. Either way she was worried. She had debated on calling Eliza, but it was far too late now and she didn't even have her number. She finally told herself to just go to sleep and call in the morning to make sure everything was ok.

She became restless, still worried about her friend and had to force herself to forget about it and sleep. Just as she was about to drift off, her phone started ringing. She practically jumped out of bed and answered the phone.

  "Lena?"

  "Yes, hi!" Lena answered.

  "This is Eliza. I'm so sorry for calling so late but have you seen Kara?" She asked. Lena's heart dropped into her feet.

  "I.. You haven't seen her either?" Lena muttered.

  "She left for a party yesterday night and her and Alex haven't come back. I've called around and talked to Nia's parents, Winn's dad, Maggie's aunt, and Sam's mom. None of them have seen any of them so I just hoped that they were with you.." Eliza said, sounding defeated.

  "I'm so sorry, Mrs. Danvers.. I wish I had better news for you." Lena said.

  "Thank you, Lena.. I'll keep you updated." Eliza said before ending the call. Lena threw her phone down and covered her face with her hands. Now she knew she wouldn't be able to sleep until she knew what had happened to them.

~
~
~

  After pulling an all nighter and brainstorming all possible plans to save Barry's lost girlfriend, they had finally found a lead. There was trace signatures of dark matter energy at an abandoned warehouse 20 miles outside of the city.

  "Uh.. Hey Barry?" Kara said.

  "Yes?"

  "Your toast is on fire." Kara said, pointing towards the burning toast on his plate. Barry quickly ran the toast over to the sink and put out the fire.

  "You need to calm down just a bit. We're going to see if it's really her after Cicos finishes whatever he's doing that's 'so important'." Kara said.

  "Cisco." He replied.

  "Right.. Sorry." Kara nodded.

  "And it's hard to calm down.." He sighed. "She's the love of my life. I feel alone and lost without her. She picks me up when I feel down.. She helped me stayed motivated when I nearly failed my college classes-"

  "You're in college?!" Kara asked.

  "I'm actually a CSI.. I completed college." He explained.

  "... So you aren't 16?" Kara asked.

  "I'm 26." He replied. Kara's jaw dropped.

  "I would've never guessed.." She said.

  "Anyways.. I just can't imagine a world without her in it. Even when we fight, I still can't help but unconditionally love her." Barry said. Kara slowly nodded.

  "Holy crap! I never told Lena that I left! Or anyone else!" Kara exclaimed as she pulled her phone out of her back pocket and tried to send a text.

  "You can't message someone from another Earth." Barry said.

  "Barry I need to go home.. They're probably so worried and I completely abandoned her agai-"

  "I finished!" Cisco burst into the room carrying some sort of clothing.

  "What is that?" Barry asked, standing up and walking over to check out what he had made.

  "It's Kara's suit. I figured she might need the comms and everything and it didn't take much longer to get the suit done." He explained.

  "Now suit up." He said, throwing the suit at Kara. She caught it and sighed before rushing out of the room to change, returning a few seconds later in a blue and red suit with the large 'S' symbol on the chest.

  "Now let's go.. Your friends are staying back with Chester and staying on comms. And James is in the pipeline still like you requested." Barry said.

  "Great. Thank you. Now let's get this done with so I can get back home." Kara said.

  "I'll race you." Barry challenged.

  "Oh it's on." Kara grinned before flying out of the window.

  "Why do they even try..? Barry knows I'll make it there first.." Cisco said, opening up a breech and walking through it.

  Kara landed next to Cisco, Barry arrived just seconds later. Kara took a moment to grin in victory before they quietly made there way inside the building. As they rounded the corner, they were able to see Iris bound to a chair in the center of the room. Barry rushed in to make sure she was ok, followed by Cisco and Kara. Barry pulled the gag out of Iris' mouth and she took a deep breath.

"Barry.." Iris muttered before loosing conciousness.

  "We gotta go!" Barry said starting to pick Iris up.

  "Barry, wait!" Kara yelled. "There's a bomb. Without weight in the chair it's going to blow."

   Cisco crouched down and examined the bomb. Taking the panel off and examining the wires inside. He groaned and stood up a moment later.

  "We only have two minutes before it blows even with her on it. We triggered a timer when we walked in here. I can't deactivate it. I've never seen this type of bomb." He said.

  "I'm going to take Iris' place." Kara said, stepping closer. "You guys bring her to safety while I take care of it."

  "What? No!" Barry said. "I didn't call you here just to kill you."

  "I'm indestructible. Nothings going to happen to me, I promise." She said.

"Now go!" She said pushing Iris off the chair and into Barry's arms while sitting down on the chair herself. Barry hesitantly nodded and ran out. Cisco breeched out, leaving Kara alone and a minute to spare.

  "Let's see.." Kara muttered as she attempted to defuse the bomb. She watched the timer get closer and closer to going off. Her hands began to shake as she saw a small green orb in the center of the bomb.

  "I knew you'd be coming.. Supergirl." A voice of an older man said. "Let's see how much you want to live."

  Kara felt a shooting pain through her body and she yelled in pain. She heard Barry and Cisco over comms asking her what was happening but she focused on the bomb and trying to figure out how to defuse it.

  "Come on.. Come on..!" She groaned as she tried to think. "What would Lena do..?" She muttered.

  "She would figure out the pattern.. There has to be a pattern in these wires.." She stuttered as she tried to steady her hands.

She thoroughly examined the bomb, finding the name on where is was made on the side. 'Alabaster Industries'. The inside of the bomb contained about 50 different wires of many different colors. Some were white, others were black. There were other colors too like green, purple, orange, blue, red, and yellow. With a small burst of confidence and 30 seconds left, she snapped the first wire, a white wire. When nothing happened she assumed she was on the right track and continued to snap all of the white wires until she heard the timer stop clicking. She huffed out a breath of relief as she realized she had successfully defused the bomb.

  "Kara?! Kara are you okay?!" She heard her sister yell through comms.

  "Yes. Yes.. I'm okay.. I'm alive." She chuckled.

  "Get your ass back to Star Labs now. Mom would've killed both of us if you died." She said.

  "Impressive job." The older man said. "There was only a 2% chance you would have successfully defused that.. How'd you do it?"

  "I'm not telling you anything." Kara said angrily before flying through the ceiling, making a huge hole in the ceiling. She still felt weak from that odd green substance that had affected her in that building, but managed to fly back to Star Labs. As she entered the building Barry hugged her immediately.

  "You saved her." He said, sniffling. Kara smiled and hugged him back.

  "Is she doing okay?" Kara asked.

  "She's stable but still unconscious.. Caitlin is caring for her." Barry said.

  "Actually... She's doing a lot better already." Caitlin said as she guided Iris into the room.

  "Iris!" Barry called out, running over to her and gently hugging her.

"I missed you so much.." He said, cupping her face and kissing her.

  "I missed you too, Barry Allen." She smiled before turning to Kara. "You saved me." Kara nodded and looked down at the ground.

  "How'd you do it?" She asked. "I tried for days to deactivate that thing but there were so many wires.."

  "I uh.." Kara's mind wandered as she thought about how she had defused that bomb. In all reality, she wouldn't have been able to do it without remembering Lena's obsessions with patterns and how they were everywhere.

  "I figured there would have to be a pattern somewhere.. There was a name on the bomb 'Alabaster Industries'. And I knew that Alabaster was a shade of white, so I snapped all of the white wires." She said.

  "That's amazing." Barry and Cisco said. Kara shrugged.

  "I think I really need to get home." Kara said.

  "What do we do with James?" Sam asked.

  "Ugh... Go get him." Kara sighed. Sam returned a few minutes later with James.

  "Real nice of you to lock me away. This is probably the only chance I'll ever have to travel to other Earths." He said.

  "Shame you won't remember any of it." Kara said. "You get to meet J'onn again when we get back to our Earth."

  "Damn it!" He groaned.

  After saying goodbyes, Barry sent them off with an interdimensional extrapolator of their own just in case they ever needed him. They travelled through the portal one by one until they were all through and it shut. They ended up right where they had left, under the gym bleachers. Sam and Nia agreed to call J'onn and have him wipe James' mind while Alex and Maggie went around to tell all of the parents that they were fine and stayed up way too late and slept the day away. Kara looked down at her phone, seeing 16 missed called from Lena and 25 missed calls from Eliza. She looked at the time, 4:30am, and set off towards Metropolis, still in the suit that Cisco had given her.

  By the time she arrived in Metropolis, the sun had just started to rise. She then hunted for Lena's school. Luckily, she found it rather quickly and then began to search for the room that Lena was in, since it was such a large boarding school. Once she found the room, she peered in the window and found her asleep on the floor, curled up into a small ball. She lightly knocked on the window and Lena jumped up. Happy to see Kara, she ran over to the window and unlocked it as fast as she could. Lena opened her mouth to start asking questions but was interrupted when Kara rushed in and cupped her face. Even though Kara's heart felt as if it was going to beat out of her chest, she had already committed to her future actions and placed her lips on Lena's. The tenseness of the situation faded away within a second as they both relaxed into the kiss. They took in the moment like nothing else had mattered, because in this moment, nothing else did. After they pulled away from each other Kara smiled and muttered three words.

  "You saved me."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

448K 28.1K 92
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
8.6K 302 27
This will take place in the beginning of season 5 The main characters are on the front cover I will try to write it as we know it but I'll add some...
208K 6.2K 80
No one knows what their made for . Only few do . Me , I was Made To Howl .
2.5K 63 11
Beth's best friend goes back to the mountain one year after they disappeared her and her sister, Hannah what will happen?...