Love Behind Bars (COMPLETE)

By Gnomegirl95

Poppy is a therapist working at a jailhouse and she never gives into the inmates but that all changes when sh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue

Chapter 13

452 12 49
By Gnomegirl95

Poppy visits Branch's best friend and she fight the feelings she having for Branch. Also Sunset has something in mind for Branch.

Saturday morning Poppy got up and got ready for the day putting on a pink tank top with blue shorts, she went to the kitchen and saw Holly and Gust at the table.

''Morning guys.'' She smiled.

''Morning Poppy, you're up early.'' Holly noted.

''Yeah, I have a few things to do today. What are you guys up to?'' She asked.

''Oh well Holly is coming back to the ranch with me, we have to take care of the animals and the country trolls are having a party.'' Gust said cleaning his bowl.

''Ahh say Holly is it ok if I borrow your car today?'' Poppy asked.

''Sure, sugar. But can I ask why?'' She looked at Poppy.

''I have a couple errands to do and I would like a car that works rather then the bus.'' She said grabbing some toast.

''Sure.'' Holly smiled.

Shortly Poppy got into the car and typed in the coordinates and went to the Moutain Apartments. Once she got there she went to the buzzer pushed the button and went in and up to the 24th door and she took a deep breath and knocked.

The door was opened and a cute looking techno troll answered the door. ''Hi um are you Trollex?'' She asked.

''Oh no, I'm his cousin Synth.'' He said.

''Ahh I'm Poppy. I thought Trollex lived here.'' She said.

''Oh he is come in.'' Synth let Poppy in.

''Hey Trollex! Got a visitor!'' He called.

A handsome dark blue techno troll with a pink heart on his chest and light green hair. ''Hey Synth who is this?''

''I'm Poppy and I'm a friend of Branch's and would like to talk to you.'' She said.

Trollex looked surprised and Synth grabbed his bag. ''I'll leave you two alone I got a band to play in.''

 Trollex nodded and motioned for Poppy to come in. ''Please sit, can I get you anything?'' He asked.

''No thanks, I just want to ask you some questions about Branch.'' She said sitting.

Trollex sat in his arm chair. ''Are you a reporter?''

''No, no. I'm his therapist at the jailhouse.'' She said.

''Oh, what? really?'' Trollex asked surprised.

''Yeah, and well I came to ask you somethings about Branch.'' She said.

''Aren't you supposed to get him to talk?'' Asked Trollex.

''Yes, and I do but he talks about you and I was hoping you could tell me a bit about Branch and do you think he killed his grandma?'' 

Trollex frowned and plopped back. ''No, I know for a fact Branch didn't kill his grandma. I knew him since he was little we met in pre-k and grew up together.''

''So what was Branch like throughout his childhood?'' She asked.

''He was sweet and a bit shy but he was a whizz at school, all the teachers loved him but he did have a hard time making new friends.'' The troll said smiling and stood up bringing over a scrapbook and let her look though it.

She saw pictures of Trollex with his arm around Branch's back, she saw pictures of him and his grandma and another picture of a 1 year-old Branch with his parents.

''Oh he looks so happy.'' She smiled.

''He was and after his parents died when he was 3. His grandma who lived with them took care of him, and they were close so close, and he did well in school. He had a hard time with meeting girls. In fact in high school one girl he had a crush on asked him to a dance.'' Trollex said.

Flashback....

Branch was at his locker getting his books he wore his signature green vest with brown pants he closed the door and a pretty orange female troll was standing.

''Hi your Branch right?'' She asked leaning against the locker.

''Y-Yeah that's me and your Arianna.'' He said.

''Yep, the one and only. Say um I was wondering are you going to the dance tonight?'' She asked.

''Um no not really.'' He said.

''Well, I need a partner and I was wondering if you would go with me?'' She asked.

''Sure.'' He said excitedly and smiles widely.

That night he went to pick up Arianna and they went to the party they danced and were having fun.

''Say follow me.'' She whispered pulling Branch with her to a closet.

She kissed him and he kissed back suddenly the door opened and camera's were flashing as Arianna smirked and pulled away laughing. The guy she was dating came over hugging her and laughing.

''Woah, I can't believe it! You fell for it poor Branch.'' The laughed.

''Like I would ever date you weirdo.'' She said.

Branch was red and ran away crying and left the dance.

Flashback over....

Poppy was shocked and sad to hear this and for some reason she felt her heart hurt a bit when she heard this girl kissed Branch.

''Poor Branch.'' She said.

''Yeah, he could of gotten her back but he didn't and he never dated again.'' Trollex said.

''So why didn't he go to college?'' She asked.

''He stayed to take care of his grandma and that day when we were working, he was a bit worried about her and he left at lunch to check on her. About 45 minutes later I'm getting a call from Branch asking me to come to the jail cell I thought he was joking so I go and see he got locked up. He told me what happened and I tried to defend him get him out but they sent me away saying that I couldn't verify where he was.'' He said.

''So did he tell you about the little girl he was following?''

''Yeah, he mentioned that and I went back to that spot and yeah he wasn't lying there were small footprints when I got the cops over they were gone.'' Trollex sighed.

''So if you know he's innocent why didn't you go and visit him?'' She asked leaning forward.

''I wanted to, but my boss Sky said he didn't want anybody working for him to visit Branch, it make the construction company look bad.'' Trollex said.

Poppy wrote this down as Trollex looked at her.

''Why are you asking all these?'' 

''Because I looked at his case file and something didn't add up, I work with criminal all the time and Branch is different then most and well I believe him that he is innocent and I'm trying to free him but I need your help.'' She said.

Trollex's eyes went wide. ''Woah, I will help anyway I can.''

Poppy smiles and write something down. ''Do you always go this far for clients?''

Poppy looked at him. ''No, but Branch is different.''

''I think you like him.'' Trollex smirked.

''What? Nah, me like him? That's crazy I don't do criminals.'' She said feeling her cheeks heat up and looked away.

''Ok, I like that a girl of principal but Branch isn't a criminal, he's a guy who was framed.'' Trollex said.

Poppy froze that was right, he wasn't a criminal. ''True, well here is my card and call me if you pick anything up or remember something.'' She said standing up.

''Thanks, though you might try talking to his lawyer, I know the guy sucked at his job but he might tell you more and Creek the prosecutor he's hiding something I believe.'' Trollex said as they walked to the door.

''Thanks, I will keep that in mind.'' Poppy said as she left.

On her way back, she was thinking of Branch. She didn't like that a girl used him like that but she felt relieved that it didn't work out. 'Stop it Poppy, oh this is so hard.' She then thought to what Trollex said and knew he was right, she knew she was slowly falling for him and he wasn't a bad guy, she pushed those feelings aside and turned on the radio.

''And now back to our call show. Go ahead caller.'' The voice said.

''Yes, I'm calling because I want to know, how do I know if this guy I like is telling the truth?'' She asked.

Poppy changed the channel annoyed.

''I can't fight this feeling anymore!' A song came on as she turned the station.

She got back home and saw Val watching Trollules and it got to where Meg was singing her famous song.

''No chance, no way I won't say it no, no,''

'Check the grin girl you're in love.

'Oooh at least out loud I won't say I'm in loooovvveee.'

Poppy went to her room shutting the door. She was fighting it but she smiles thinking of Branch and even the world was saying it was true. 'Damn I am falling in love.' She placed the pillow over her face.

*****************

Branch was in the courtyard lifting weights Poppy was the only thing on his mind, he smiled at the thought of her it was interrupted when they all heard the door open.

''Oh look it's Sunset.'' One said.

Branch sat up and was scared. After what he did he knew he was gonna die.

Sunset nodded to them all and saw Branch going over.

''Hey Branch! Nice to see you.'' Sunset said smiling happily.

The others were surprised so was Branch but he had a feeling something was up.

''Hi Sunset.'' Branch said.

They heard the whistle and knew it was time to go in. Branch was on guard.

Here we go enjoy. I don't own the songs that were in here. Next time Branch asks Poppy an important question and Sunset is up to something.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 59 12
How Branch and Poppy End Up Getting Married (no nsfw, some suggestive stuff, broppy, other random ships, a lot is kissing, some bad writing) This ta...
2.4K 34 25
When 18 year old Talia goes through some rough patches with her boyfriend Alex, but she seeks comfort from her best friend Michael he doesn't want to...
30 0 5
Poppy makes the food with her friends while Howdy feels uncomfortable from Frank and Eddie who are in love with him as he stays away from them, she s...
17.6K 687 18
Clover Mayfield decided to end her two year relationship with her abusive boyfriend. Obviously, he doesn't take that she's leaving him very well. So...