𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐇𝐄𝐋 || legolas g...

By stillobsessed000

"ᴍᴀᴇᴛʜᴏʀ ꜱᴀɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴅ ɢᴏɴᴇ ᴏꜰꜰ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇɴ'ᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇʟʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ" "ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ɪɴᴄʀᴇᴅɪʙʟʏ ʀɪᴅɪᴄᴜʟᴏᴜꜱ. ɪ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏ... More

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐇𝐄𝐋 || "happy endings? this isnt a fantasy"
ONE ; DWARVES
TWO ; BURGLAR
THREE ; MAGAUNA LITERCASH
FOUR ; FAITH
FIVE ; OTHER WIZARDS
SIX ; TROLLS
SEVEN ; RADAGAST THE BROWN
EIGHT ; RIVENDELL
NINE ; STONE GIANTS
TEN ; GOBLIN TOWN
ELEVEN ; AZOG THE DEFILER
TWELVE ; EAGELS
THIRTEEN ; SKINCHANGER
FOURTEEN ; HAPPY TROUPE
FIFTEEN ; WOODLAND
SIXTEEN ; ILLUSIONS AND SPIDERS
SEVENTEEN ; TWO BLONDE BASTARDS
EIGHTEEN; BARREL RIDE
NINETEEN ; GLORIOUS WARRIOR
TWENTY ; REALIZATIONS
TWENTY ONE ; RESTLESS
TWENTY TWO ; DRAGONFIRE
TWENTY FOUR ; THE ARKENSTONE
TWENTY FIVE ; ALL FOR GLORY
TWENTY SIX ; KNOW ME
TWENTY SEVEN ; THE FIVE ARMIES
TWENTY EIGHT ; THE BLACK ABYSS

TWENTY THREE ; EREBOR

2.1K 91 46
By stillobsessed000

¤¤¤

Although fire had been surging all around her, the bitter coldness of the water had sent Magauna into shock. She felt frozen for several moments and didn't move, sinking into the water, until a pair of hands found her, and she was pulled to the surface.

The Half-Elf sputtered and coughed up water. Her vision was blurry, but she could see enough to tell that Bard had been the one to pull her to the surface. Together, the two of them and Bain swam to what looked to be the remains of a house.

They all lay there for a few minutes, teeth chattering, and bodies shivering violently. It was several moments before either one of them spoke, and it was only a single sentence. Bard had suggested they find a way out of the ruined town and make it to the distant shore of Dale. Magauna and Bain only mumbled their replies of agreement.

The three of them soon found a discarded and abandoned boat nearby, which they took for their own and used to leave the ruins, the smoldering city of Laketown simmering like a campfire behind them.

Early morning was on the raise by the time they reached the shore where the town's survivors had taken refuge. It was there that Magauna split up from the men. Waving quick goodbyes, thanks, and good-lucks, they headed off in different directions to find who they desired.

It took a while until Magauna found a quartet of bustling Dwarves at the waterline, arguing over whether or not they should stay or leave for Erebor. It was Tauriel who saw her first, and breathed a discreet sigh of relief upon Magauna's appearance.

"I mis verya -o tye, Peredhel." Tauriel said.

(That was brave of you, Half-Elf.)

Magauna just smiled slightly. "Ha mis olk par thel-?" She tried, shrugging.

(It wasn't on purpose?)

Hearing her familiar voice, the Dwarves all turned to see her standing with Tauriel. Then, as if they were all reuniting all over, they embraced her with hugs of relief, which she gratefully returned.

It had been settled after that; they would leave for Erebor right then. They found a small boat and began to prepare it at the water's edge.

While they waited for Nori and Bofur to prepare the boat, Magauna and Fili sat next to each other on the shore. Kili had gone up to Tauriel, and the two of them spoke about which that Magauna couldn't hear. She wasn't focused on them anyway. The Half-Elf had discovered a rather painful burn on her wrist.

She gingerly wrapped the piece of cloth around her wrist, swerving to avoid Fili's touch. "I'm fine, Fili, I promise."

Magauna looked up again. Kili was still conversing Tauriel. The Half-Elf had a great, strong feeling that she knew what Kili was telling her. Magauna watched them for a moment until she saw someone appear behind them.

"Legolas." She breathed, and pushed herself off the ground to run towards him.

She wasn't quite sure what came over her, whether it was her overwhelming relief that he was alright or something else, but as soon as she reached the Elf, she enveloped him in a tight embrace. Magauna was aware almost as soon as she'd done it just how odd it was. But Legolas did not seem to mind, and instead returned the welcoming in full.

They stood like that with their arms wrapped around each other for what to them felt like forever, but in reality was only a mere few seconds. When they finally separated, they stared at each other for a moment, awkwardly, not knowing what to do or say next.

"You're alright." Magauna finally said, clearing her throat. "Good." She nodded. "Lost them, did you?"

Legolas nodded. "I did yes. Are you alright?"

"Uh..." Magauna looked down. "I've just almost been burnt alive, and then nearly died of hypothermia...but, yes, I'm alright." She smiled.

"Maggie!" Called Bofur from the boat. The Half-Elf turned around and saw they had almost pushed the boat off the shore and into the water.

Magauna turned back to the Elf. "We're headed for Erebor. I have to leave."

After staring at Legolas a moment longer, then she sighed quietly and turned away to start walking towards the others, only to have Legolas grab her arm.

"Peredhel," He said. She turned to face him again.

Legolas stared at her for a few moments, perhaps trying to work out what could possibly be his last ever words to her.

"Peredhel, nin mel."

(Peredhel, my love.)

Magauna's eyes widened. "Mana..." she took a step back from him. "N-no." She shook her head. "That's not..."

(What...)

"Maggie!" Called Bofur again.

She glanced back at him. "I-I have to go." She made to leave once again, but Legolas still held her back.

"What is so wrong with it?" He said.

Magauna didn't dare make eye contact with him. "So many things..." She whispered.

And just as quietly, the Elf whispered back. "Im ceri- ú- heni."

(I do not care.)

He started leaning forward. But Magauna's breathing hitched, and she stepped away again.

"Peircal, ceri- ú-." She whispered, almost fearfully.

(Please, don't.)

"Maggie!" Came the third call of Bofur.

Magauna stared up at Legolas for one last time before whispering "I'm sorry" and turning away from him. The boat and Dwarves had already made it off the shore, so Magauna had to splash through several feet of icy water before she could haul herself over the side and join her friends. As they headed out across the lake, Magauna cast one final glance behind her, seeing Legolas and Tauriel watching them leave, before she turned her back on the chaotic shore, and looking ahead with the others to the Lonely Mountain.

¤¤¤

It took half a day's time to trek up the side of the mountain. All around them the terrain was grey and barren; there was scarce color and vegetation.

However, the hike was as tense as it was boring. They would soon reach Erebor, and they did not know whether the rest of the company was alive still or not. That thought haunted them all.

About midday, the four Dwarves and the Half-Elf climbed the last hill in their path and came to look upon the majestic entrance of Erebor. It was stunning, even with the grand doors smashed apart from the Dragon's exit. The five of them looked around in awe as they reached the broken entrance. They stood in front of it, hesitating. They did not know what they would find inside the great halls. Then with a few exchanged glances, they took off running into the kingdom together.

"Hello?!" Bofur called out into the halls as they ran. Everything was made of dark stone, and the ceiling was so high that clouds could have formed in it. The five of them started running up an elegant staircase, and Bofur continued to call out of the Company. "Bombur?! Bifur?!"

"Balin!" Started Magauna, becoming worried that no one was responding. "Thorin! Anybody?!"

Suddenly, another, very familiar voice echoed up through the halls. "Wait!" It called out desperately. "Wait!"

They all knew that voice. "It's Bilbo! Said Oin excitedly. "He's alive!" Magauna couldn't help but grin, and they ran down the stairs faster.

"Stop! Stop! Stop!"

Soon, the five met the Hobbit in an overhanging corridor at the end of the stairs. Bilbo looked tired, and almost older than he had the last time Magauna had seen him. But it flew over her head with how happy she was that he was alive.

"Oh, Valar! Bilbo!" Magauna ran forwards, and much to the Hobbit's surprise, enveloped him in a tight embrace.

Bilbo's arms hung limply at his sides, and he was practically almost lifted off the ground because of how much taller Magauna was than him. His face was smooshed between her shoulder and her neck, and he looked quite amusing from the Dwarves point of view.

"So, you're not a ghost?" Bilbo mumbled into Magauna's shoulder, confusion and shock written on his face and laced in his voice. "We all though you were dead-"

"Oh, I'd though for sure the Dragon had gotten you!" Magauna said, ignoring him. "Oh, I'm a terrible bodyguard."

Bilbo, remembering what had brought him running down the halls to stop the five of them, quickly pushed himself out of Magauna's grasp and held a hand out to stop her from trying to hug him again. "No, you need to leave." He said. "We all need to leave."

Magauna's arms fell at her side and her eyes furrowed in confusion. Bofur spoke what she was thinking. "We've only just got here?" He questioned.

"I've tried talking to him," Bilbo said anxiously. "but he won't listen."

"What do you mean, laddie?" Oin said.

"Thorin!" The Hobbit said suddenly and loudly. He flinched and glanced behind him before continuing. "Thorin! Thorin. He's been out there for days. He doesn't sleep, he barely eats. He's not been himself - not at all." He had a concerned expression on his face. "Its this - it's this place. I think a sickness lies upon it."

As he spoke, Fili looked past Bilbo, and his eyes wrinkled as he saw something further into the corridor that intrigued him.

"A sickness?" Bofur asked. "What kind of sickness?"

"Yes, Bilbo, what's wrong?" Added Magauna. "What worries you?"

Before Bilbo could attempt to answer, Fili left the group and walked past Bilbo to continue down the hallway. He walked fast, his eyes fixed on one thing as he walked quickly. The others followed him, and so did Blibo, but he was trying to stop him.

"Fili!" He called, running after him. "Fili! Fili!"

They headed down another short staircase. A golden light soon began to shine brightly upon them and the walls. And as they rounded a corner, they stopped short as they came upon a ginormous room full of gold.

There was so much of it.

Everyone's- except Bilbo, who'd already seen it - eyes widened to the size of teacup saucers. This much gold and treasure had been previously unthought of until then. They'd known there was a great hold of swag in the halls of Erebor, but never in a lifetime had they expected this much. It was overwhelming, yet stunning at the same time.

And there, walking among the piles of treasure and coin, was Thorin Oakenshield, clad in royal blue ornate robes and exquisite, impressive jewelry.

He stared down at the gold beneath his feet, as if still awed by its presence, and spoke softly, as if to himself. "Gold...Gold beyond measure. Beyond sorrow, and grief..." Then his head tilted upwards and he set eyes on the other six standing above him, and his eyes widened slightly, as if just then realizing they all stood there, watching him. "Behold - the great treasure hoard of Thror!" As his voice echoed around them, he suddenly flung something up high into the air, aimed towards where the four Dwarves, the Half-Elf, and the Hobbit stood on the stairwell landing. Fili was the one to catch it, and stared in awe as he discovered it was a large red, glistering ruby. "Welcome, my sister's sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!"

¤¤¤

The newcomers received warm, ecstatic welcomes from the rest of the Company. There was many thankful shouts of joy and great warm hugs as they all greeted each other. As the Dwarves all laughed and exchanged hugs with her and the others, Magauna could not remember the last time she felt this welcomed. This felt quite pleasant - quite right to her. In those moments, she felt like she belonged there in Erebor with the Company. And she couldn't remember the last time she ever felt like she belonged anywhere.

This reunion was short lived, however. Thorin was strict and straight to the point with them all; he wanted the Arkenstone found, and he wanted it now.

It was easier said than done. There was thousands of feet to cover, and not to mention, it could have very well been covered by dozens of feet of gold, burdied below them all.

Still, Thorin made the Company search the treasure hoard for hours and hours, and days and days on end. During this time, Thorin became rageful. He was short-tempered and easily angered. He seemed to be quite obsessed with finding the Arkenstone. As Bilbo had said, he didn't sleep and he didn't eat, and if he spoke, it was only regarding he whereabouts of the King's Jewel.

"It is here in these halls." The Dwarf said one afternoon to Magauna, Balin, Dwalin and Bilbo. They all stood in what had been the throne room many years ago. "I know it."

"We have searched and searched..." Magauna said, a bit unnerved.

"Not well enough!" Thorin said, unsatisfied.

"Thorin, we would all see the Stone returned." Started Dwalin.

"And yet, it is still not found!" Shouted Thorin angrily.

"Do you doubt the loyalty of anyone here?" Balin asked.

Thorin turned, and slowly walked towards them, a strange, concerning fire in his eyes that made them uneasy and anxious.

"The Arkenstone is the birthright of our people."

"It is the King's Jewel." Thorin said lowly. "AM I NOT THE KING?!" He roared, and turned away to face the throne again. Magauna, the other two Dwarves, and Bilbo all stood together with uneasiness. "Know this: if anyone should find it and withhold it from me, I will be avenged." The others all glanced at each other, unsure what to make of his words. "Now, leave me." He commanded. Magauna turned to follow the other three, but Thorin's words held her back. "No, Litercash." She froze. "You stay, please."

Bilbo had glanced back at her. There was something resembling worry in his eyes. The Half-Elf nodded for him to go on without her, and he did so hesitantly, going to follow Balin and Dwalin down the long elevated walkway, away from the throne. Then, with a quite inhale of breath. Magauna turned back around to face Thorin once more. He stared at her for a moment, perhaps contemplating what to say.

"I regret that I have not had a chance to speak with you since your arrival." Thorin finally said. "We all worried for you, particularly the Hobbit." He smiled slightly. "After these months of traveling with you, Maggie, I have come to think of you as one of us. You are one of us," His words were genuine, Magauna could tell, but it didn't seem right. The way he spoke unnerved her. ",and I am very glad you've made it here safely."

Even after she left the throne room, Magauna still felt compromised. There was something very wrong with Thorin, and it needed to be put to an end before it destroyed him and the rest of the Company.

Bilbo had stayed waiting for the Half-Elf at the end of the hall. Neither of them spoke as they continued down the hall together, but both of them could tell how uneasy the other felt.

Quiet sobbing from a nearby room caused the two of them to check inside. They found that Balin was the one in there. He had stopped weeping by then, and was breathing heavily as if to steady himself. His back was facing them, but he turned slightly, seeing Magauna and Bilbo in the doorway, and sighed.

"Dragon sickness." Balin said thickly. "That look. That terrible need. It is a fierce and jealous love, you two. It sent his grandfather mad."

Bilbo glanced up at Magauna, and he saw her solemn expression. He turned back to Balin. "Balin, if-if Thorin...had the Arkenstone..." Balin, a bit surprised, turned to look at him. "...if it was found - Would it help?"

Balin sighed quietly again. "That stone crowns all. It is the summit of this great wealth, bestowing upon he who bears it. Will it stay his madness? No, lad; I fear it will make it worse. Perhaps it is best it remains hidden."

¤¤¤

The air was bitterly cold there in the mountains. Magauna had taken to wearing more layers than she previously ever had. She found it a bit annoying, the way it would weigh her down anytime she tried to do anything involving agile movements. But there was a bright side as well, and it was that these heavy layers helped to hide the Elvish armor she still wore from the Dwarves' sights. Mostly from Thorin's sight.

Thorin was very well not in his right mind. His recent behavior had unnerved Magauna. So she spent most of her time around Bilbo to avoid him. This didn't work too well, as Thorin always saught Magauna out. With his temper being more short than usual, Magauna hoped that none of the Dwarves she had travelled to Erebor with would tell Thorin of her connection, out of fear he would react badly.

And everytime she thought of this, her mind wandered to the Woodland Realm's prince. She constantly thought of how close she'd been to Legolas, and she thought of how she'd left instead of giving him a chance.

She regretted that now.

Bilbo found her one day, sitting on a bench in a corridor, away from the chaos of the Company, thinking about it all. He joined her there. They didn't speak at all. Although Bilbo sensed something was on Magauna's mind, he didn't bother her, and they sat in silence. It was like this for several minutes until the Hobbit realized this might be his only chance for days that he'd get to tell Magauna what'd wanted to since the day they first came upon Mirkwood.

"Maggie," He said, causing the Half-Elf to turn her head towards him. "There's...there's something I need to tell you."

Magauna studied him closely. He was anxious, she could tell. "What is it, Bilbo?"

Bilbo stared at her for a moment, and then reached his hand into his coat pocket. But then he hesitated. Could he tell her? What would she think? It would be far from an understanding reaction at all. Magauna still watched him, but with slightly narrowed eyes now. So, coming upon a decision, Bilbo closed his hand around a different object in his pocket than what he'd originally planned, and drew it out.

Before Magauna even got to see what he'd been holding, a loud shout from the corridor's archway caused them both to swiftly lift their heads and turn to see Thorin standing there with an alarmed look on his face.

"What is that?!" He questioned, rapidly striding towards the pair sitting down. Bilbo stood up quickly. "In your hand!"

"Its nothing." Bilbo assured him, though he seemed a bit anxious.

"Show me." Thorin demanded.

"It..." Magauna stood up behind the Hobbit as he looked down at his hand and held up a small brown acorn in front of them. "I picked it up in Beorn's garden."

Thorin's eyes softened. "You've carried it all this way."

"I'm gonna plant it in my garden, in Bag End." Bilbo told him. Magauna smiled slightly. She admired the gentle minds of Hobbits.

Thorin smiled too. "That's a poor price to take back to the Shire."

"One day it'll grow. And everytime I look at it, I'll remember - remember everything that happened, the good, the bad. And how lucky I am that I made it home."

They all smiled together, as if they were old friends catching up on things. For a moment, Magauna's worry about Thorin's Dragon Sickness vanished, and they glanced at each other in happiness.

And then Bilbo prepared to speak, but was quickly interrupted by Dwalin bursting into the archway.

"Thorin," He said. "Survivors from Laketown. They are streaming into Dale. There's hundreds of them."

At once, Thorin's expression fell and returned to stern and demanding. "Call everyone to the gate." And he, with Dwalin, strode quickly away, leaving Bilbo and Magauna in the corridor, staring after him worriedly. "To the gate! NOW!"

¤¤¤

Within the walls of Erebor, reconstruction was set in motion. The Dwarves were put to work in fixing the smashed entrance which Smaug broke through on his way to Laketown. They carried the large, broken pieces of stone and placed them strategically, like a giant jigsaw puzzle. It did amaze Magauna slightly, the way they did this so flawlessly, and then she realized, this was the Dwarve's natural trade, besides mining and forging weapons. They were known for their skill, like the Elves, in creating things.

But this wasn't a time to watch then in awe. Instead, The Half-Elf found herself standing on the sidelines with Bilbo, watching with disquietude.

Thorin oversaw it all, barking out orders where it was needed, and yelling for them to continue.

"I want this fortress made safe by sunup." He said. "This mountain was hard won. I will not see it taken again."

Kili, whom was nearby, came to Thorin's side and stared at him with disbelief. "The people of Laketown have nothing. They came to us in need. They have lost everything."

Thorin whipped his head to face his nephew, enraged. "Do not tell me what they have lost. I know well enough their hardship. Those who have lived through dragonfire should rejoice. They have much to be grateful for." He turned to look out at the city of Dale in the distance. Lights from torches were now lit. He turns and shouts to his Dwarves. "More stone! Bring more stone to the gate!" As the Dwarves hurried to comply. Thorin turned away and his eyes landed on Magauna. "Litercash," He called. "I would like a moment alone with you, if you please."

Hesitantly, the Half-Elf left her spot next to Bilbo to take the one next to Thorin, following the Dwarf out of the giant entry hall. As they left, Magauna threw a quick glance behind her shoulder, and caught not just Bilbo watching her leave anxiously, but also Fili and Kili, who had stopped working and stared off after them with a different type of worry.

And so the Half-Elf walked with the Dwarf king, away from the rest of the Company, disappearing down one of the many corridors.

"I have been informed of how you reached Laketown." Thorin said as they walked side by side.

At this, Magauna's eyes widened slightly, and she almost paused in her steps.

Thorin, who had not yet noticed her change in behavior, kept walking, and continued on with what he was saying. "Fili and Kili were who I heard it from. They say that you saught the help of the Elves, and travelled with a pair of them out of Mirkwood."

Of course Thorin had worked it out of the two brothers, but whether he overheard them speaking of it, or he intentionally interrogated them, Magauna didn't know. All the same, the Half-Elf felt an unsettling feeling of nervousness rise in her chest.

"Thorin," she started, her voice wavering ever so slightly as she looked down at him. "I swear, I can-"

"There is no need." Thorin said, cutting her off. His voice was stern and demanding, but not harsh. "I know you to be a respectable and loyal person; some of the many things I admire about you. So I never suspected you to join ranks with the Elves. My nephews assured me that this was indeed not the case."

Where Magauna's shoulders had been stiffened, they rolled back down.

The pair, who had still been wandering, entered a room isolated from all the others. It wasn't very large, in fact, it was rather small for a room in Erebor, but it was indeed a vault. However, neither of them were paying attention to the size of the room; both of them turned their attention to a podium in there with them.

This podium, since it was designed by Dwarves for Dwarves, only reached Magauna's waist, where in contrast it reached Thorin's lower chest.

Magauna stared in what she could only describe as awe, for on the podium sat bright, glittering gems and jewelry, as white as starlight. The Half-Elf knew what these gems were.

The Dwarf king was the first to approach the podium. He picked up one of the pieces of shinning jewelry, which was an elegant necklace. He held it up in front of him and studied it for a moment.

"The white gems of Lasgalen." Thorin muttered. He looked over at Magauna and smirked slightly. "I know an Elf-Lord who would pay a pretty price for these."

And then he simply tossed the precious necklace aside carelessly, and it landed back on the podium, causing the tiny gems surrounding it to fall and scatter so that they hit the floor and bounced with echoing clinks.

Thorin walked past Magauna to leave the vault, leaving the Half-Elf to stare at the gems with a troubled expression, because now she had more than one problem to deal with there in Erebor.

¤¤¤

¤¤¤

Hey guys!
Finally got this chapter out!
The next one is gonna get pretty interesting 😏😏

¤¤¤

New sign off gif by crystallous !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 294 22
"I have found that it is the small everyday deed of ordinary folks that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love." ― J.R.R. Tolkien...
119K 4.4K 141
I do not own The Hobbit or LOTR. The Hobbit is what I based this story off of. A Thorin Oakenshield x OC you might really enjoy like I do, and I wrot...
313K 11.7K 22
"You talk too much elf-boy," Arya muttered, her voice hoarse from all the screaming she had done due to the pain of her injuries. Legolas scrunched u...
74.6K 1.9K 32
The quality is bad lol, but it was very important to young me, so no hate, pls. Nymeria just wanted a quiet life in the woods, alone. But somehow fa...