⎣Demon Slayer: Yōkai Wife⎤ [魅...

By LadyRaspberry93

Title: Enchanted Beauty Summary: Tengen Uzui, the Sound Hashira, saves a mysterious girl who works in a broth... More

1: In the Heat of the Night
2: The Guren
3: Enchanted
4: Once Upon a Time in Yoshiwara
5: A Hopeless Fairytale
6: A Man of Culture
7: Flamboyant Coquet
8: Returned Treasure
9: The Invitation
10: Tengen's Tailor
11: Razzle Dazzle
12: Strange Feelings
13: His Wives' Permission
14: Preparing for the Date
15: Yoshiwara Highlights
16: Prince Charming
17: The Milk Man
18: Game Show
19: Behind Closed Doors
20: Growing Acquainted
22: A Flamboyant Confession
23: Courting the Fourth Wife
24: Gracious Rewards
25: New Found Confidence
26: Flora Sent
27: The Buff Mice
28: Fitting Names
29: Flamboyant Love Advice
30: Soulmate's Delight
31: Oh, Casanova
32: The Man Within
33: The Waiting Game
34: Long Awaited Reunion
35: Chocoholic Serenade
36: A Bit of Truth
37: Insatiable Desire 🍋
38: The Petty Life of The Kejōrō
39: The Promise

21: Cheater

13.8K 608 482
By LadyRaspberry93

Married.

Did he just tell you he's...married?

He did just say that, right?

"W-what?" You blinked up at him questioningly.

Tengen eyes slowly narrowed, the smile on his lips becoming a frown─making his expression appear stern. His eyes that was once shimmering with delight, was replaced with seriousness.

"I'm a married man, (Name)-chan." He repeated, his voice soft as cotton, smooth as silk, however it wasn't enough to comfort the knife stabbing feeling in your beating heart.

"M-married..?" You tested the word on your lips, enunciating it under your breath.

Your heart felt heavy and your throat tighten to the point of being almost painful to bare.

"Like as in...you have a...a wife?" He could hear your voice crack, no doubt you were on the verge of tears.

This is what he was afraid of. He knew he have to tell you the painful truth sooner or later. If he would've told you this back in the ruins, no doubt you probably would've ran away.

"Not wife. I have wives." He says─watching as your beautiful (e/c) eyes widen in both confusion and shock.

"Wives?!" At that, you immediately removed yourself from his lap, turning around to face him now whilst sitting on your knees.

W. I. V. E. S?

It's plural, meaning he has more than one wife!

You looked at him as if he'd suddenly grew two heads─like he was a stranger.

It's gotta be a game. And the more your mind tried to progress on what he's telling you, the more disheartened you were becoming.

"Yes. I have three wives." He slowly says, those fuscia eyes not once breaking eye contact with you.

You felt stupid.

You knew it was all too good to be true. To think that a beautiful man like Tengen could be your imaginary Prince Charming on a white horse coming to rescue you and ride You off into the sunset.

Guess it was half your fault for not asking him if he was married or not? But even more so, you hated yourself for allowing him to lead you on into thinking that he actually liked you. And to hear that he had not one, not two, but three wives was more mortifying.

Three?! Why three? Just what type of kinky Kong shi*t was this man into?

Your heart wasn't as strong as you had hoped it could be. This was certainly all too overwhelming to contemplate─a very hard pill to swallow.

"Oh. I-I see.." Your voice cracked again as you averted your gaze to the flower decoration on the coffee table.

Your hands gripping tightly onto the fabric of your kimono as you desperately fought back the tears threatened to fall from your eyes.

"O-of course you would have three wives..." Your body shook, "Y-you are a beautiful man after all. You c-can have all the women in the world if you w-wanted to." You say weakly.

In truth, you desperately wanted this to be some kind of twisted joke.

It's gotta be a joke.

You didn't want to believe that what he's telling was actually true.

I mean, why would he wait to tell you this now?!

Just when your feelings for him were beginning to blossomed in your heart, he tells you he's married. Though, it really shouldn't have come as a surprise to you, since you figured as much, considering how sexy Tengen is. He seems to be attracted to anything he considered "flamboyant" and you figured you were anything but.

You thought he was sweet, eccentric, and perhaps a little annoying from time to time, but you found him rather charming.

You'd been happy when he seemed to be fascinated by you and your heart would burst with a schoolgirlish kind of affection to finally have someone pay attention to you the way Tengen did.

"(Name)." He voice is soft, when he calls your name.

You felt something wet land on your lap and realized that you had been crying. The dam finally broke as you immediately went to wipe them away.

Why are you crying? This shouldn't be bothering you as much? You hardly even knew Tengen well enough to be crying over him.

Perhaps, you really have gotten yourself in too deep. Maybe you had been desperate for love and acceptance. You have forgotten what's your occupation in life! You're a maid working in a shitty brothel.

"S-sorry." You say, though you don't why you're apologizing?

"Why are you telling me this, Uzui?" You laughed weakly, glancing up to see him staring at you with an unreadable expression.

You quickly tried to play it off like this wasn't effecting you in any way, shape, or form as you pushed back your feelings and shot him a sad smile.

"Y-you're in a brothel. We have a lot customers here who are married men. So it's of no concern to me as to what goes on in your personal life." You tell him.

However, Tengen wasn't stupid. It was obviously his confession hurt you more ways than one. He was angry that you were desperately trying to play it off like it didn't. But mostly at himself for making you upset.

"Stop that!" He suddenly says, "don't give me that crap after I just made you cry a river."

You bit your bottom, feeling your sorrow gradually being replaced with anger and envy as you mindlessly began to stroke your hair anxiously.

He was making you angry.

You should've never gotten too emotionally attached; you always told yourself not to mess with married men. If what he's saying is true, then you refused to be a home-wreaker. Despite your feelings for Tengen, you didn't want any part of it.

Your body acted without thinking as you immediately stood up and walked towards the door, "then get someone else, you jerk!"

Just before you tried to reach for the shoji, Tengen rushed towards you and slammed his hand down on the door to stop you. You were taken aback by the speed that he was executing as your anger now became fear─feeling him cage you in. You were slightly shaking at the thought of him forcing himself on you as your eyes widen cause you nearly forgotten why he was here in the first place.

"Haven't you forgotten, you're still my maid." He says, "I still have about another hour with you, so if you leave now, you'll be in big trouble."

"W-wha─"

"Don't play dumb. I am completely aware of the bullshit they're putting you through, here. I can hear, y'know?"

You growled under your breath; to hell with this and Lady Yamamoto as you turned around to face him as if you were intimidating. You bet your money that he found this cute.

The convincing bastard.

You went to slap him only for him to catch your wrist and pin it above your head. That didn't stop you though, as you were still the perfect height to knee him in the balls, however, you gasped when he didn't react.

Not even a flinch or grunt!

Tengen only continued to stared down at you with a blank expression. Panicking silently, you tried to wiggle free after realizing the situation you were in.

"Easy kitten, no need for the hostility." He finally spoke.

"Please, just hear me out."

"Why didn't you tell me you were a married man?!" You growled, glaring at him angrily.

"Because you didn't ask?" He says, matter of factly, which only made you even more angry.

"Don't you dare put this on me! You're the one that led me on, jerk!" You only grew more upset as tears began running down your face.

You're absolutely heartbroken! You thought he was different. You felt betrayed!

"Please stop. You're going to make yourself sick." He tells you seriously.

"Not until you answer me!"

For a moment, he doesn't reply, which is an answer in and of itself as you tried to wiggle yourself from his iron grasp.

Tengen sighs, "ok... I will, but first I need you to calm down."

Unfortunately, he's right as you slowly did as told and tried to get your emotions together. You closed your eyes, before taking slow deep breaths.

"That's it. Breathe." He instructs.

Inhale... and exhale, inhale... and exhale, inhale... and exhale; you repeated as Tengen used his thumb to massage your wrist.

To your dismay, it was working as you felt your sorrow and anger gradually subside. Though, you were calm, you were still a bit upset with him.

You soon felt him release you and back away─giving you some space as you slowly opened your eyes and look at him.

"Now, before you get things all twisted in your mind, I'll tell you." he starts, before taking a seat.

You soon did the same, wanting to listen intently.

"But.. I need to do this first."

"What are you─?" Before you could question, your eyes widen when he gets on his knees and bends forward. His hands flat on the floor and supporting his tall, muscular frame as he then placed his forehead onto the floor.

 Tengen is in front you, kneeling in the traditional Dogeza position as you felt your heart skip a beat, realizing that he is sincerely apologizing to you.

"I'm sorry!" He says in a strident voice.

He doesn't register your astonished─and perhaps a little panicked─expression in favor of remaining bowed with his forehead against the cool tatami matted floor.

"Forgive for my insolence and disrespectful behavior towards you. I apologize for being an ass and for not telling you that I am wedded. So, please forgive me, (Name)!"

You're surprised by the honesty of his tone, enough to break through your vexed and anxiety-ridden paralysis.

Tengen still doesn't dare to move; the fear of you not forgiving him making its way to his nerves and pinning him in place. He didn't blame you, though. He is the one at fault and honestly, if you were to either cuss, punch, or slap him; he would gladly accept. (Even another kick to the nuts.)

For a moment, you said nothing. So many emotions wreaking through you as you tried to find the proper words to say to him.

Luckily, it doesn't take you long as you grant him a long, loud sigh.

".....G-get up, Uzui-sama." You tell him, using his surname as red dusting your cheeks when he does so.

 Those beautiful eyes of his boring into your own in earnest, looking you up and down. Tengen inwardly smiles, noting the gentle and welcoming look still within your (e/c) indignant gaze as your expression softens slightly, which makes him hopeful that you've forgiven him.

There's still some honey in the tea as you sternly crossed your arms and made a pouty face.

"Why didn't you tell me you were married?" You asked again, demanding to know why would he wait to tell the (dreadful) news now?

Why does he have three wives? Is he some kind of "papakatsu" (sugar daddy) or pimp? You didn't know, but you're (sort of) willingly to hear him out, since he was kind enough to swallow his pride and get down on his knees, and apologized to you.

You never had a man bow to you before.

Tengen grins, "if I do, would you accept my apology?"

The urge to slap his stupidly handsome face is strong, but you digress.

"I won't say, unless you either have or come up with a really good reason for leading me on and gaslighting me into thinking you love me?"

"I would never." He says.

"Then quit stalling and speak, you cheater!" You frown, scowl harder, and becoming more frustrated than annoyed now. 

With that, Tengen finally caves, before releasing a sigh as he ran a hand through his silver tresses. "Fine...I'll tell you everything. I promise...no more secrets."

But little did you know, that what he's about to tell you, would change your life forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159 9 13
~* The best teacher isn't afraid to learn something from the student *~ From a young age Teni has always desired to grow her knowledge. From math to...
40.6K 1.2K 87
His 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 grey 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚢𝚊𝚛𝚍, 𝚊 𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖, "𝐈 𝐡𝐨...
3.9K 132 48
A love story between the Wind Hashira's younger brother and the Sound Hashira's youngest sister. The latter is the tenth child of the Uzui clan and d...
81K 1.5K 28
⋆.ೃ࿔*:・"ʏ/ɴ, ʏ/ɴ ʟ/ɴ. ᴀ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ꜱᴏᴜʟ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʜᴇʀꜱ..."⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅• 『Y/n is an introverted college student who stays...