Danmachi Heart of Alfhiem

By Argonaut_32

Elf harem story that starts with Bell saving Riveria's life. The timeline won't change much; Loki familia wil... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 Meetings of Fate
Chapter 2 Growing Desire
Chapter 4 Monsterphilia Part 1
Chapter 4 Monsterphilia part 2
Update
Chapter 5 Building Support
Chapter 6 Supporter
Chapter 7 Troubled Spirits and Hungry Goddesses
Chapter 8 part 1 - Dungeon Date
Chapter 8 Part 2 - Night of the magical lap pillows
Chapter 9 Part 1 Revelation
Chapter 9 Part 2 Anger
Chapter 10 Heated Rescue Part 1
Chapter 10 Part 2 Heated Rescue.
Chapter 11 Saving Hides Part 1
Chapter 11 Saving Hides Part 2
Chapter 11 Part 3 Saving Hides
Chapter 12 The Harbored Ship Part 1
Chapter 12 Part 2 The Harbored Ship
Chapter 13 The Hero's Crucible
Chapter 14 The Irregular Part 1
Chapter 14 The Irregular Part 2
Chapter 15 pt1 Awakening
Chapter 15 pt2 Awakening
Chapter 16 Part 1 Lunar Festival
Chapter 16 Part 2 Lunar Festival
Chapter 17 Shooting Star
Chapter 18 Part 1 The Passions of Denatus
Chapter 18 Part 2 The Passions of Denatus
Chapter 19 Spirits Ablaze
Chapter 20 Confession
Chapter 21 Euphoric Twilight
Chapter 22 The Street King's Greed

Chapter 3 Training with a bit of Luck

5.9K 124 62
By Argonaut_32

12771 Words

(Day 3)

Around 530am in the morning, I was back on the western wall preparing for my run.  I was admiring the farmlands and the mountains barely lit up by the horizon.  The smell of the ocean was carried by a gentle wind from the west.   "Someday I will go to the ocean."  A nervous smile curled up on my face while doing morning stretches using the crenellations of the stone wall to loosen my arms and legs.  

A chill rolled up my spine as I felt like I was being watched.  Unaware of the purple eyes staring down at me from babel.  'I swear, I feel like I am always being watched.'   I scratched the back of my head.  "Probably just my imagination. I am still new at doing this every day. It's a bit embarrassing."

"I am glad I have enough things to do for the next two days. Wish I could go to the dungeon but I must respect Goddess's wishes.  Still, why is she going to be away for two days." 

"Oh well, that doesn't mean I can't still train. Better get this run over with before I go to the Hostess of Fertility at 9 am." I finished up and took a deep breath of the fresh morning air.  My eyes shot to the long winding path of the wall before me.   My fists clenched and my eyes filled with determination.

*Woosh*

.

.

.

A few minutes before 9 am, I arrived at the two-story hostess bar in plain black clothes. The hostess was still closed but signs of life were stirring around the building.   The beautiful elven waitress, Ryu was waiting out front dressed in her normal green and white waitress uniform.

"G-good morning Miss Ryu."

"Good morning Mr. Cranel. Come on inside. Momma Mia is waiting." She gestured with her hand to the entrance and proceeded inside with her following.

Mia Grand was standing at the counter already dressed in her blue uniform and apron. "Right on time. That's good. Ready to work, kid."

"Yes, Momma Mia, w-what will you have me doing this morning?"

"First, you will be helping Ryu clean the floors and taking out the trash. Around 10 am we will be training your strength stat with a huge shipment of fish from Melen."  Mia curled her shockingly huge biceps to mock me.

"Eh, I-I am looking forward to it."

"Doubtful kid" Mia's brow raised.

"I actually am."  I tried to stay calm as an annoyed expression formed on the dwarf's face.  "M-my Goddess doesn't want me in the dungeon for the next two days."

"Why?"

 "Punishment for going to the sixth floor and resting here all night."  An embarrassed smirk arose on my reddening face.

"Bit overprotective."  Mia chuckled.  "Though going into the dungeon with your gear in the middle of the night was pretty stupid.  Ha-ha.  Still, what's wrong with spending the night with this clumsy elf."

"Momma please." A nervous Ryu held her hands out looking distressed.

"Whatever Ryu?"  Mia rolled her eyes.  "Show him where the cleaning supplies are located. If you get done early you can do whatever before the 2 pm rush."  

Mia turned around to the kitchen door seeing a few catgirl heads popping out.  "Get you lazy feline asses back in there. I don't care if you don't like water. There are still stacks of dishes leftover from last night." Mia chased after Anya and Chloe back into the kitchen.

"Nhaaaww."  A few cat cries rang out along with shattering glass.

"Stupid cats!!"  Mia's deep voice could be heard from inside.

.

.

.

"Seems like you have a nice family here."

An awkward smirk appeared on Ryu's beautiful face.  "T-they have grown on me over the last few years.  Syr is still my best friend."

"Where is she?"

"Syr and doesn't live in the Hostess. She makes her own hours during the rushes. Anya, Chloe, Luniore, and I have to constantly keep the place cleaned up to maintain a residence here."

"Is Syr okay? She seemed mad the other day."

"She will be fine, Mr. Cranel.  I explained to her what happened."

"Oh ah, t-thank you."

A plain smile appeared on her face for a second.  "Let's start cleaning and bring in the delivery. If we have time to spar later.  I can show you a few things to help you in the dungeon."

"I would be grateful for any help you can offer me."  I bowed my head and followed Ryu to the supply closet.  

I spent two hours mopping the floors, cleaning the table, and taking out the trash.  A few hours later, I helped stuffed the magic stone-powered freezer with crates of fish from Melen.  Mia thanked me for my effort and started prepping for the lunch rush.  I ran back home to get my gear afterward.

.

.

.

At the same time, on the other side of Orario, a group of Loki familia executives was walking down the southwest road.  The party consisted of Goddess Loki, Riveria, Ais, Finn, Leyfia, and Alicia.  Loki and Finn walk upfront while the girls surrounded Riveria.

"Loki, we should probably wait until you are sobered up before forcing this meeting." Finn joked

"I am fine!  I brought you all along for a reason and I will not delay this further."  Loki growled. 

"At least you can handle your Alcohol better than Bete."  Finn shrugged.

"Speaking of the wolf.  Is he still drunk?"  Loki glared sideways.

"He woke up yesterday morning.  Then Riveria knocked him out again."

"Eh."  Loki stopped.  "Why did you do that momma?"

"That mutt needs to learn his place and stop embarrassing our familia in public."

"Is that all?" Finn chuckled.

"Momma was in full protective mode at the bar.  Certain bunny rabbit caught her eye." Loki snickered alongside Finn.

"Lady Riveria is above some lowly human boy."   Lefiya was outraged by the accusation.  Alicia shook her head in agreement.

"If you say so.  Mamma couldn't keep her eyes off him last night."  Loki's smile widened.  Lefiya and Alicia's eyes flared wide as they stared up at the pouting high elf.

"Enough!  All of you!  I was just alert to your pranks Loki and noticed the boy at the bar.  Then Bete caused that incident at the hostess with his stupid story."  Riveria held her temple.  "And you two need to stop with this racial supremacist anger.  I left the Alf forest for that reason."  

"Sorry, Lady Riveria."  Alicia looked down at the ground.

"He-he-he."  Loki chuckled.  "Seemed like more than that Riveria.  I only went over to tease him.  He was very upset when Bete called you a hag."  A pink hue appeared on Riveria's cheeks.  All eyes were focused on Riveria.

"Riveria was in a bad mood yesterday and locked herself in the library ."  Ais chimed in innocently.

"I noticed that too. I wanted to do some research." Alicia's brow furrowed.

"I was just worried he ran off to the dungeon.   Mia said he ran to Babel and Bete was making fun of him."  Riveria said in a shaky voice.

"Is he okay?" Finn questioned with a raised brow.

"Yes, I and Ais both saw him running the walls the next day."  

"Interesting training."  Finn scratched his chin.  He led the group down the road without further delay.  "Hey Loki, what happened last night at the party?  Guards seemed frightened."

Loki tensed up in anger.  "Just dealing with a certain loser goddess last night.  Can't stand Itty-Bitty!"

"Surely it wasn't that bad Loki."

"Finn, she insulted my girls when I was gonna thank her for her boy's help with Riveria."

"Oh, now you care." Riveria said sarcastically.

"For the thousandth time Riveria. I am sorry for what happened. I won't do it again. Let me make it up to you."  Loki pleaded. "Yes, I do care about my girls.  Itty-bitty always throws her boobs around and she has the nerve to call my girls harlots."  Loki cracked her knuckles.

"Despicable." Alicia was shaking with anger.

Lefiya looked like she was about to snap.  "She can keep her boy away from Lady Riveria and Miss Ais.  They don't have a right to talk about us that way."  

"Enough," Riveria ordered. "I can't deny that I have a problem with goddess Hestia's behavior, but I will not tolerate accusations being flung at Mr. Cranel.  He has shown himself to be honorable.  He has been nothing but courteous and kind to us and Eina."  Riveria glared at Lefiya.  "Lefiya, I will speak to whomever I wish." 

"Why do you bring up Eina?"  Finn looked over his shoulder

"Eina is Mr. Cranel's advisor.  She has nothing but good things to say about him, except for his recklessness."  Riveria tilted her head to the side with a concerned look.  "Anyways Eina will keep him on track and she's also coming over after monsterphilia."  

"Interesting!"

The group turned west on an upper-class residential road leading to the Hearth Mansion, Home of the apollo familia. When the group arrived at the front gate.  Loki punched the gate Bell and kicked the gate.  "Wake up you pervert we need to talk!"

"You don't think this could be misinterpreted as an act of war."

"I don't care Finn. If they are hiding the leader, I will order you all to burn down the manor. Nobody hurts my girls." Loki's eyes slanted evilly.  

.

.

.

Many adventurers were racing down the stairs to the mansion; alarmed by the sudden arrival of Loki familial.  An orange-haired god stared out the window. His face was visibly concerned about how to handle this matter. 

"This could be trouble."  Apollos's gaze fell on a blue-haired timid girl clutching her stomach against a nearby wall.  "Calm yourself, Cassandra."

"I can't lord Apollo.  I had a dream of a joker at the gates; holding a rabbit that consumes the sun.  Please do not make enemies of them."

"Oh, my lovely Cassandra, you have nothing to worry about. I will not make an enemy of Loki familia. I think you need to push out those dreams of yours."  Apollo looked out the window once more.  "Besides their not holding a rabbit.  Definitely not one capable of consuming the sun."  Apollo reached out for a short-haired redhead woman.  "Daphne, would you keep her in line." 

"A you wish Lord Apollo. Come, Cassandra. Stop with your pointless prophecies." Daphne tapped Cassandra on the head and pulled her away.

"Hyakinthos dear."  Apollo wandered out to the main entrance to find his captain.  "Have Luan escort our guests into the lounge room to talk and prepare a proper reception for them." 

Hyakinthos was a tall human man with a brown-haired wrapped up in a ponytail. He wore a black uniform with the apollo familia crest and a white cape.  He was visibly angry at the situation.  "We do not have to submit to them, my Lord." 

"Now ...now Hyakinthos."  Apollo's eager smile widened.  "The only one out there we have a chance against is thousand elf.  I don't want my precious children to die before I can give you all my love."

"A-as you wish Lord Apollo." The apollo captain bowed to his god and went to give orders to commander Daphne and personal prum servant Luan.

.

.

.

Luan ran to the gate guards and ordered them to let Loki familia into the grounds.  "Please follow me, Lord Apollo is waiting in the lounge Lady Loki, Sir Braver."

Finn was off guard seeing a fellow prum greet them.  "Show us the way."

"About time."  Loki raised her hand to show the prum forward.  As Loki familia got closer to the doors, they noticed two lines of adventurers on either side of a water fountain.  Each of them was wearing an all-black uniform with the orange Apollo familia emblem on their chest.   They bowed as Loki passed them and showed them inside to the visitor's lounge, where the sun god Apollo and an annoyed Hyakinthos awaited.

"Good morning, Loki!!"  The sun god Apollo jumped to his feet and bent low in an exaggerated bow.  His voice was loud and welcoming, but his eyes hungeringly stared at her children.  "What brought the pleasure of you and your beautiful children to my home on such short notice?"

"Like you don't know."  Loki's right eye was twitching.  "I had a chat with Ganesha last night at the banquet. He says that two of your children were part of the assault against Riveria."

"Loki, I am saddened and horrified about this incident. I have already sealed the falna of Helios and Asclepius. They are no longer part of my familia and are still locked away with Ganesha."  Apollo got to his knees.  "Please forgive me for their actions."

"What of the third one involved, Lord Apollo?" Riveria pressed for an answer

"I have no idea of who you are referring to, Nine Hells.  I only saw those two in the cell. If there is another, I will come forth right away but I have no evidence to suggest the third one was part of my familia."

"Bullshit!" Loki fumed.

"Helio and Asclepius have only been a part of my familia for a few months. It's possible that they had a friend with another familia. Maybe if you were to interrogate them, they could tell you more about this third criminal?" Apollo scrunched his brow to faint confusion.

"We have one eye witness outside the familia that could identify the leader." Riveria replied. "We do know he was at least level 2 or 3 and was possibly an elf hiding his identity with a cloak."

"Well, I am sorry Lady Riveria, every last one of my children has been accounted for during that night. The only elves I have are loyal to the Alf kingdom and would not hurt their princess or be dumb enough to risk a war with Loki familial."  Apollo places his hand on his heart.  "If you wish, you can interrogate the men of my familia or bring this.... witness of yours to point out the assailant."

"I am not gonna compromise his safety until I am sure."  Riveria furrowed her brow.  "Show me to them, Lord Apollo."  

Apollo backstopped out of hesitation, noticing the cold stare coming from Riveria.  "H-Hyakinthos line them up."

Loki familia questioned each male member of Apollo familia, before leaving to return home.  None matched what Riveria could remember of the leader and their stories matched up.   After a few hours, Loki familia left the mansion and split up.  Ais and Leyfia walked off to get Jagamaru's stall and planned a secret trip to the dungeon for tomorrow.  Finn and Loki walked off to Ganesh'a compound to interrogate the two prisoners.  Riveria and Alicia were walking north towards the Hostess to find the elven waitress and find directions to Hestia's familia home.

Lord Apollo walked up to his room where a blonde elven man was waiting. The elf wore a green tunic with a red cape that stretched to cover up his face and an eye patch covering his left eye.

"Are they gone, my lord?"

"Yes, my dear Lissos you need to keep a low profile outside of the dungeon for a while.  If you do something like that again I can't protect you. The other two won't be able to divulge any information in their state."

"Ah good."  The elven man sighed in relief.  'Dam boy and woman got in my way.  So close to having my bloodline be a descendant of the Alf.'

"Naughty little elf."  Apollo shook his head.   He had an idea of what happened by the way Lissos had been acting. Lissos had always been bitter since he was rejected outright by Riveria a few months ago.  Lissos was nothing to Riveria.  Just another countless suitor that she forgot about immediately.  Apollo knew that angered Lissos more than anything.  His pride and desire for greatness made him think he was better than everybody; even elves.  Lissos was still one of Apollo's strongest and he much desired to convince Lisso to try other things.

.

.

.

After a quick trip back to the church to gather my gear.  I walked out behind the Hostess of Fertility, with my armor and shortsword.  Ryu was already sitting under a tree in the backyard, still dressed in her work uniform, talking to Syr.

"Hello, Bell." Syr was unusually cheerful this early.  She jumped to her feet the second she saw Bell.

"H-hello Syr, Miss Ryu.  A-Are you helping with training as well?"

"Oh no, I have no skills with weapons."  Syr waved playfully.  "I am just here to watch and I made you some lunch."

"You didn't have to make me anything. Syr."

"Oh, it was no trouble at all."  Syr held out a basket with a blushing grin.  I could see Ryu's face start to go pale like she was sick.  She waved her hands and face worriedly trying to mouth the words do not eat the food.  Ryu had always avoided Syr's cooking.  The last time she did eat he cooking.  Ryu was out sick for a few days, even her abnormal resistance development ability barely saved her from an unpleasant fate.  Her abnormal resistance development ability.

"T-thank you, Syr."  A confused smirk curled up on my red face.  I didn't understand what Ryu was doing and I bit down into the sandwich expecting it to be as good as yesterday's meal.  "Ahhhhhhhh."  

"Is it good?"  Syr asked.

"Ahhhh."  I instantly regretted biting into the sandwich.  I fully understood what Ryu was trying to tell me now as I forced it down my throat.  The ham sandwich tasted like the meat was spoiled wrapped in wet sawdust-like bread.   I continued to eat trying not to offend Syr as tears gathered at the corners of my eyes.  

Ryu looked like she was about to pass out.  She was generally concerned for Bell's health.  She admired his determination but enough was enough.  Ryu grabbed the basket and held it up to Bell's face.  "Maybe we should save the rest for after training.  Training with a full stomach will.... hurt your progress."

'Thank you, beautiful savior.'   My mind was jumping for joy even as I was cringed trying to finish the portion in my throat.  *Gulp*  "I guess that makes sense."  I placed it into the container in Ryu's hand. 

*Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii*  Syr had an upset pout on her face.  "Okayyy,  I will put it back in the fridge for later."  Syr walked back into the kitchen with the basket.

"Thank..... you!!"

"mmm."  Ryu contained herself from laughing.  "I will throw it away later."

"Whew."  My hand found my queazy stomach.

"Let me know if you need me to take you to the hospital"  Ryu whispered keeping an eye out for Syr.

"I-I will live."  I raised my hand up to her.

"Okay."  Ryu pulled out one of the shortswords hanging at her waist.  "Mr. cranel take one of my blades. I don't think that guild sword will hold up long." She held out a smaller eastern style Kodachi shortsword. The Kodachi blade was about seventy centimeters long, about twenty centimeters shorter than the guild sword. "Get a feel for the blade. When you're ready to spar, lower yourself into a fight stance."

*Swish! Swish!*

The blade twirled in my hands as I sliced an invisible monster.  I liked the blade a lot.  It was still long enough to reach but easier to wield with one hand like a dagger.  "These are very nice Ryu.  Ah Sorry."

"It's fine you can call me Ryu. Everybody else does. The blades used to belong to a dear friend of mine. They should hold up well as they are second-class weapons." A hint of sadness resonated in her voice before she brought up her guard.  Syr came out of the kitchen

Ryu's blue eyes shifted to his stance.  "You need to bend your knees a little bit Bell and widen your stance."

My eyes wandered to my feet.  "Is this not good?!"

"Locking out your knees will make you unbalanced and tire faster. Also, you are a lot easier to exploit."  Ryu lunges forward.  Bell tried to match her.  She allowed him to hit her blade and try to parry.  Before he could, Ryu disappeared an instant later and kicked Bell in the hip sending him flying toward the tree.  Ryu and Syr both flinched seeing him lose consciousness against the tree.

"Ryu that was way too much!!" Syr shouts in a panic, running up to his side.  She lowered herself to the ground and raised his head to sit on her knees.  A smug happy smile arose on her face.

"Syr what are you doing to him?" Ryu was shakey seeing the intimate act in front of her.

"I heard this was a good recovery position for head wounds. It's called a lap pillow."  Syr's guilty smile widened.

"I don't think that is appropriate Syr."   Skinship was a hard concept for any elf to get over.

"That's just elven pride talking. Most men like it. Though my thighs aren't as comfortable looking as yours. He-he." Syr teased the burning red-faced elf.

"Syr. Stop it that's embarrassing." Ryu's pitch heightened.

"Your ears are going red Ryu."  Syr squinted at the nervous elf.  "Hopefully, my other qualities will be to his liking."  Syr exhales pushing her chest up on purpose.

"I am sure he will like you. Stop being so vulgar Syr."

My mind was fuzzy and my eyes were having trouble opening up. The first thing I saw was sunlight shining through the tree above me. Then found Ryu's concerned face staring down at me.  "Wow, that was some kick, Ryu."

"Sorry, Mr. cranel."  Ryu cringed.   "I-I tend to take things too far. I need to hold back my strength more."

"What level are you, Ryu?"

"I was level 4 before I quit adventuring. Sorry, it's been a while since I trained somebody."

"Wow, you are amazing."   I missed the brief pink flash on her cheeks as I was still dazed from the impact.  "I might need a few seconds.  Must have been here a while if the ground is this warm." 

"Mean Bell was only here for a few seconds."  Syr pouted from above. "I think I am better than a ground at least."

"S-S-SYR!" I jumped up as fast as I could and started bowing rapidly to apologize. "Sorry I didn't land on you did I?!!"

"No, I just thought it would help you recover."

"Aa-aaahh!!"

"Let's..... get back to training." Ryu tried to change the subject.  "Did you at least learn something?"

"My back did."  I winced trying to twist the pain away in my back.

"Maybe we should try deflecting attacks. None of your weapons will last long if you keep trying to take the full force of attack on the blade. You can also counter bigger weapons better as well. You will want to come at an angle or use the side of the blade to guide the opponent's weapon, nature weapons, or claws."

"I will try."

"Also Mr. cranel. I want to see your footwork. You can't focus entirely on the weapons. I will follow up attacks with kicks or punches to test your speed."

"Alright then."

Ryu's horizontal slash was blocked and then her overhead attack was deflected.  The accident definitely was troubling him.  Ryu through a punch, that Bell wasn't expecting.

A minute later Bell jumped up screaming from Syr's lap.  Ryu pinched her temple.  "Your footwork is still bad. You are very easy to counter and land a hit on if you are stiff on your feet."

"Sorry."  An hour and a half passed with much the same results. I was getting better at dodging and trying to predict her moves but was still getting knocked out and waking up on Syr's lap.

A window opened up from the kitchen and Mia stuck her head out. "Oi, Syr get in here to prep the tables.  All you are doing is slowing them down."

"But momma...." Syr rushes off to the kitchen.

"Don't make me come out there!!"

"Fine."  Syr ran off to the kitchen, upset that she had to prep for work.

"I can go a little bit longer yet."  Ryu turned her gaze to Bell, who was lost in thought. "Are you ready?"

 A question inspired by my nightmare came to my mind. "Ryu I was wondering how would you go about killing bigger monsters like Minotaurs."

Ryu's left brow raised out of confusion.  "I think you are a little far away from going after minotaurs. They don't spawn to floor seventeen and their level 2 monsters."

"Oh."

She could tell something was bothering him.  "However on floor ten, orcs are very common.  I would suggest going after their legs to slow them down and keeping to the opposite side of their weapon arm.  Some monsters carry natural forming landform weapons."

'So that is what that was?!'  I remembered the ax shattering against the wall on floor five.  "Thank you."

"You shouldn't have to worry about those monsters for now. You were still having difficulty on floor six a couple of days ago. Probably take you a few months to get down there and I wouldn't go alone."

Ryu could see that was a blow to my pride. "However, you're are moving well enough for floor six.  I would still advise caution, but you're are growing fast."

"No, I still feel very weak."

"You are improving after every fight. Just save up enough valis to buy some stronger gear." Now I can go for another thirty minutes yet before I have to go clean up for my shift."

"Sounds great, I want to make the most of my training with you, R-Ryu."

.

.

.

"Lady Riveria, why are we going to the Hostess of Fertility?" Alicia asked walking alongside her idol with a smile.

"Need to talk to the waitress that helped us that night.  Hopefully, she's not too busy.  Plus, I'm not sure where Hestia familia is located."

"Oh."

Before they entered the front of the bar.  Their high-level senses picked up the sound of combat in the back of the Hostess. They walked around to investigate and both peaked their heads around the corner.  Riveria was surprised to see Ryu was sparring with Bell.  

"Should we interrupt Lady Riveria."

Riveria was quiet and off in her own world witnessing an impressive improvement from floor five.   'How?!'

.

.

.

Ryu and I both got into our fighting stances again. I started off this round of sparring with a vertical slash. Ryu blocks it with the flat of her blade and brings herself around for a roundhouse kick to my head.  I felt a rush of wind woosh by my chin as I dodged her kick by a centimeter.

Without thinking, I rolled backward and jumped off the ground to get back into the fight.  I sent a flurry of attacks from multiple angles.  Ryu parried each strike effortlessly.  I raised my blade up in time to deflect her overhead strike.  Rotated my wrist and brought it down into a horizontal slash.  Ryu was so surprised by his movement, that her foot responded without thinking.  Again she put too much effort into her kick that he went flying ten feet away into the tree.

Ryu approached his unconscious body with a worried expression.  'I was not expecting that at all.'  Her hand glides over the cut in her apron. Then she looked down at his body. Nothing appeared to be broken or too injured.

"Hmmmmm."  She was shaking a little.  She sat down against the tree and nervously reached out for his head and placed it on her lap.  Ryu's face and ears were a dark red.  'Is this how Syr did it?'  She was unaware of the eyes focusing on her.  She raised her hand and started chanting her noa heal spell; releasing green healing magic into Bell's body.

.

.

.

"What is she doing to him?" Alicia stared on in disbelief.

Riveria's head was spinning at the tender sight before her. Pang of jealousy in her chest. Her thoughts wandered to a white bunny she had as a pet in the Alf forest. She would take care of it and play with it in her lap. Her father, King Larfal got rid of the bunny and scolded her for not acting like an elven princess.

"Perhaps we should come back tomorrow Lady Rive-." Alicia was cut off by a knife being thrown into the wall next to them.

*Thud!*

"S-sorry for startling you, Ryu." Riveria noticed that the blade was only to send a message and was not directed right at them. Both elves walked around the corner.

Ryu was standing up now with Bell's head resting against the tree. Her sword was drawn until she saw who was spying on them. "C-c-can I help you, Lady Riveria?"

"My apologies for interrupting your session.  I was seeking to ask you both questions about that night.  Didn't realize Mr. Cranel was with you."  Riveria's eyes wandered to the cute rabbit sleeping against the tree.

"I accidentally hit him too hard. He kind of surprised me." Ryu's finger traced over the hole in her apron.

"Why are you training this human and so close to him?" Alicia's question only brought an angry glare from Ryu.

"Mr. cranel is worthy of my time. I don't want war shadows to take advantage of him again."

"Wait he was on floor six?" Riveria stared on in disbelief.

"Yes, I chased after him last night.  He ran down there to vent his anger.  I was gonna intervene but he handled dozens of war shadows by himself but he did get quite a few injuries. Only stopped him before a killer ant got to him."

"Only two in half weeks and he's doing that all by himself."

"He clearly has a death wi-."  Alicia's agitation was drowned out by groans coming from the tree.

"It's always the foot.  Eeee."  My face cringed in pain as my eyes adjusted to the light.  "Must have hit my head."  I grabbed my forehead.  "I see three of you now....... O-oh."  My cheeks instantly turned red when I figured out there were three different elves in front of me.  My eyes widened to their limits seeing........ her.  "H...... Hi."

Alicia's eyes narrowed.  "That is not how you greet royalty."

"Stop!  Alicia!"  Riveria glared.  "Neither of you have to address me by my title here.  I don't care.

"But I must insist." Alicia protested.

"We are all adventurers and this isn't the forest."

"I just can't!"  Alicia shook her head.

Riveria rolled her eyes at the dark blonde elf.  "Are you okay, Mr. Cranel?"

"N-never better!"  An embarrassed smile curled up on my cheeks.  "W-what can I help you with... Riveria?"  A shiver went up my spine seeing the bulging eye of the elf woman named Alicia.  

Riveria smiled.  "I was wondering if you remembered the leader of those three that attacked me a couple of weeks ago. Apparently, he escaped custody."

"That's horrible."  I jumped to my feet.

"It's fine."  Riveria held out her hand.  "I will never let that happen again, Mr. cranel. Do you happen to remember any distinctive features?"

"H-he was an elf with blond hair. He was way stronger than me."

"Is that all you remember?"  Riveria bit her cheek in disappointment.

"I might have blinded him in the left eye.  I somehow got lucky throwing a goblin claw at him.  Probably healed it." 

"He would have had to get it healed within a few minutes to save an eye completely."  Riveria's shoulders sank feeling relief.  "Thank you for your assistance and for saving me."

"Riveria." I bowed with my head low. "It was Ryu that saved you.  All I did was delay them. I failed and probably died without her."

Riveria was awe-struck by his honesty.  She was about to protest when Ryu patted his shoulder.  "Mr. cranel, I would not have been able to get there in time or even known anything was happening, without hearing the sound of you fighting them off. I do think it was reckless of you but I am glad you saved our princess."

"Huuu."  Riveria exhaled to calm herself.  "Ryu is right. If you need to talk or need help with something. Please don't hesitate to come by the twilight manor. Though you might want to hide that from your goddess."

"Sorry, I am not sure why she has been acting so weird lately.  It would be an honor to speak with you again.  I am sure you are very busy."

"Just think about it. I have to report this to Loki.  Hope to see you around..... Bell."  Riveria smirked seeing his face go red.  She ushered Alicia to leave and head back to the manor.

Ryu waited until they left.  "Mr. cranel, I have to go to work. I will see you tomorrow at the same time."

"I look forward to it, Ryu."

.

.

.

I went back home to the abandoned church to drop off my armor. I went to get something to eat and got cleaned up. "Wow, she's still not home yet.  Goddess really meant two days."  I was itching to get back into the dungeon after that chance encounter but resolved to respect goddess's wishes.   "Oh, I almost forgot. I should move all my stuff over to the other bag."

I grabbed my new bag and pulled out my damaged one and started pulling out packaged snacks and the thirty thousand valis leftover from the minotaur incident.  I felt something heavy and sharp at the bottom of the bag.  "I thought I cashed in all my drop items?!"  I grabbed the item and pull it out.  

My eyes blinked extremely slowly.  "An m-minotaur horn?"  I was tempted to throw it away because the memory still gave me nightmares.  My arm was even wound up to throw it, but I stopped myself.  "I can't keep it or throw it away.  I need to give it back to..... her."  I gripped it in my hand and rushed out of the church.  The evening sun was a few hours away from setting.

I raced down the streets at a rushed pace trying to make sure I arrived before sundown.  I remembered the location all the way up north.  Thoughts raced through my mind the whole way there.  'How did this get into my bag? Did it have something to do with that weird luck stat?  Would she...... no no don't think that Bell!?'

.

.

.

Riveria was alone in the library studying up on mind manipulation devices and magic. Apparently, the two apollo familia that were captured couldn't remember a thing about the third assailant.  Almost as if it was deleted from their memories.  These types of items and magic were extremely rare and limited to only combat us in their functionality.  Usually, people knew to leave her alone while she's in the library because she gets annoyed when people bother her outside of classes. 

*KNOCK!  KNOCK!*

"What is it?"  Riveria held her temple trying not to get upset.

The blond elf Alicia poked her head through the gap in the door. "Sorry to bother you, Lady Riveria. You have a guest."

Riveria was slightly excited hoping it was Bell cranel.  She stood up and made sure her appearance was pleasant.  "W-who is it, Alicia?"

"It's Lord Hedin from Freya familia." Alicia opened the door to the ex-Light Elf King Hedin Selland from Hyazning island.  He was a high-level 6 adventurer and one of the executives of Freya Familia. Even the gods admired his handsomeness. His skin was almost a translucent white, long blond hair that went down his back and blue eyes. His attire was a black battle garment with a white cape with gold trim and wore glasses.

"Good evening Lady Riveria."

Riveria's heart started beating fiercely for a completely different reason.  She absolutely despised Hedin for reasons she kept secret from all.  "What..... can I help you with Lord Hedin?!"

Hedin approaches Riveria and takes a knee in front of her.  He reached into his pocket and presented a ring in order to propose. "Please become my wife Lady Riveria. I would be eternally grateful for your love and to bring high elf heirs into the world."

Riveria was tense with anger.  She lost count of how many times, elven men proposed to her with the same purpose to use her for her position or bloodline.  Hedin was a constant pain thrust on her by her father.  Last fifty years, her father had not relented on getting her married.  She was fated to be turned into a broodmare to pump out high elf children and Hedin was no different.

 "How many times do I have to tell you Hedin that I am not interested?"

"I will try until the day you and I are wed. I have already talked to your father and gained his blessing.  I want you as my wife."

"If I cared what my father thinks. I would have stayed locked up in the palace in the Alf forest. I will not let somebody else dictate who and when I fall in love."

"My lady you don't have to stay in the Alf forest."  Hedin had a smug grin on his.  "Lady Freya would love to see us together. Our familia would become unstoppable with you by my side."

"I do not desire power."

"Yet it has been thrust upon you as your birthright. You are the most brilliant mage of this age; no elf could hope to match your beauty and our union will ensure the elven royal bloodline remains pure."

Riveria shook her head without hesitation.  "My answer is still no. My family is here. I don't need ivory towers. I want to walk amongst the many races and explore every corner of this world. I am still young by elven standards. I can wait a few more decades to find love."

Hedin finally got up from his kneeling position, his face visible angered.  "You're unbelievable.  I offer you everything and still, you refuse.  What impossible standard do you have for one to marry you?"

"I don't need or want everything.  I want to be happy and I do not see that with you.  I want a man that is strong but humble, determined but compassionate, intelligent but kind and honest, I want to be treated as an equal."

"There is no elven man alive that matches those requirements. The Alf bloodline will die out before you can find one. Surely you're not holding out for some uncivilized savage of another race."  Hedin held his hands out by his waist trying to control his hidden temper.

"I have had enough Lord Hedin!  Please take your leave of the manor."

"I will never give up. Nor will my goddess." Hedin turns around and storms out of the Library passing Alicia. "Out of my way!" Hedin continued to walk out of the manor across the courtyard to the gate, ignoring all in the Loki familia that came across his path.

"I thought you would have said yes my lady."

"Did you not overhear the whole conversation, Alicia?"

"I did!"

"Is it really too much to ask to find somebody on my own to love?"

"He is a king though."

"Was a king, Alicia." Riveria corrected the young elf woman. "He sacrificed his whole kingdom to go with Goddess Freya. I do not care about status or power. I just want to live my life preferably with the family I love here."

A loud commotion came from outside by the front gate. Riveria and Alicia turned their heads to look out the window. "Is that ....?"

.

.

.

About thirty minutes later I managed to locate the twilight manor on the north side of Orario. The manor was even more imposing than I remembered. It was a huge structure consisting of multiple towers but only occupied a small portion of land. I was about to talk to the two gate guards. When the gate was forced open by a powerful-looking adventurer.  I tried to avoid eye contact with the male elf as he stormed away.

"Ugh, swear she's impossible."  Hedin was enraged that his marriage proposal failed again.  Hedin's interest peaked seeing a familiar-looking white-haired boy. 'What is my lady's beloved doing here?' He was jealous of her attention on Bell but personally had no issue with him as long as Riveria became his wife.

"Move aside."

"Yes, Sir."

'Hmpf.'  Hedin stormed off to the south towards Babel to report his failure to his goddess. 

"Halt, state your name and business."  The guards were still shaken up a bit from letting an enemy into the manor. They were wary of the boy approaching them now.

"S-sorry, my name is Bell Cranel from Hestia familia."  I bowed my head to them.  "I was wondering if I could speak to Lady Riveria."

"Why would our vice-captain speak to a nobody like you?"  A brown-haired man scoffed.

"L-lady Riveria said I could stop by and speak to her."

"I highly doubt that.  Go.... away!"  

"It's the truth, sir."

Two women came up from behind the guards. One was a flat-chested amazon wearing a strip of cloth across her chest and a battle skirt. The other was a blond elf with a ponytail. About the same age as myself. Dressed in a white shirt and pink corset and cape tied together by a blue ribbon.

"What's going on here?" Lefiya remembered the kid in front of her.  She was still angry about what Loki told her.

"Leyfia and Tiona, this kid says keeps saying Riveria wanted to talk to him." The guard rolled his eyes along with his sarcastic tone.

"Like I would believe that.  Our princess doesn't want to associate with degenerates like you."  Lefiya's anger was palpable.

"Eh."  My mouth was agape.  I felt like trash.

"Hush Leyfia.  No reason to be rude."  Tiona dismissed the others.  "Hey, I recognize you from the bar. You threw that meatball at Bete. That was hilarious?"  The amazon's cheerful nature stunned me.

"My name is Bell.  Sorry, that was kind of an accident."

"Rrrright."  Tiona winked.  "What do you need with momma Riveria?"

"Momma?!"  A confused smirk appeared on my face.

Tiona snickered. "Just a pet name because of her helping to raise Ais and the rest of the familia as a captain."

"O-oh.  She seems too young for that title."  I scratched my head as they all exchanged weird glances.  "Anyways, I am not sure how, but I found this in my bag." I presented the minotaur horn to the amazon with both hands.

"Wow, that's some weird luck."

"Too weird. I think you stole it from her."  Lefiya refused to drop her guard.

"I doubt he could have stolen anything from her, Leyfia."  Tiona glared out of annoyance.

"I-I didn't take it.  I was switching out my old bag and found it inside.  I ran into her at the Hostess of Fertility.  She told me to stop by if I needed anything."

"Bullshit."  The brown-haired guard muttered.

"Fine, I will take the horn and give it to her."  Leyfia approached determined to not let him in the manor.

The Tione could see the disappointment in his eye.  "Awe come on. He just wants to see his crush, Leyfia."

"What?!" The Lefiya was blindsided by the joke.  She continued walking and tripped over cobblestone popping out of the path.  Lefiya was thrown forward on top of him.

*Boing!*

My left hand caught her shoulder.  My right caught something extremely soft.  Lefiya's face was frozen in shock.  I looked down to see my hand gripping her breast.   "Eh.  Eh.  Ehhhh."  I back away and furiously bowed.  " Sorry! I am sorry!."

Lefiya's teeth bared in rage.  "I have been defiled by a human.  I can't marry anymore.  You will pay for that with your head!!!!"

"Some handiwork. Ha-ha-ha."  Tiona belly laughed.  "With Luck like that, I can see how you got the horn.  Ha-ha-ha."

Leyfia was furious and started chanting.  A magic circle grew around her feet as sped up her enchantment.  The guards ran into the courtyard to escape.

"Unleashed streak of light, bow limbs of the holy tree. You are the expert of the bow. Shoot, sniper of the fairies- -"

"Run!!!" Tiona screamed while jumping on the enraged fairy.

As soon as I saw the incantation. I knew I was gonna die. I bolted northward as fast as my legs could manage. I heard an explosion behind me, fearing my end that didn't come.  Still, I ran north to the wall, unaware that Lefiya lost control of her magic.   An Ignis Fatuus was unleashed from Lefiya's mishandling of her magic and the blast knocked out both Lefiya and Tiona.

.

.

.

A minute later Riveria flew through the gate.  She quickly healed them both with her Luna Aldis spell.

"Owwy my head." The amazon was starting to recover on the ground. Still lying on top of Leyfia's back.

"What happened Tiona?" Riveria shouted.

"Leyfia fell on the white hair kid. His hands found something accidentally. So, she freaked out and used her magic on him."  Tiona tried getting to her feet.  "I stopped her but she lost control and he ran north I think."

"Take her inside. I will punish her later."  Riveria ran off at full speed in the same direction.

.

.

.

In no time I found myself on top of the wall.  I stopped and sat down on top of the battlements; leaning forward and planting my head between my hands.  "What am I doing? Why did I run?"

*Thud!*

"Bell!!"

"Eh. Oh."  The beautiful voice surprised me to my core.  My weight shifted forward on the battlements and I started to fall off.  I turned to grab ahold but was caught by the elven princess.  Her strength was unimaginable to me, but her skin was incredibly soft.  I was dumbfounded that a princess would even bother chasing me let alone willingly touch me.  She pulled me up and over the battlement and placed me at her side.  A strand of her beautiful jade hair grazed my arm.

"T-t-thank you, Riveria."

"I think that was both our faults."  She felt guilty for the event.  "Seems my familia can't stop hurting you, Bell.  Please.... accept my apology."  Riveria bowed her head, clasping her hands at her waist.

"No, it's my fault."  I wanted her to stop doing that immediately.  "I mishandled that situation.   Somebody as weak as me as no right to....."

"Stop!"  Riveria ordered with visual pain in her expression.  "You're are many things, but you're not weak.  Everybody starts from somewhere and I saw your training.  You are improving incredibly fast."

"Still don't think so."

"mmmm."  Riveria glared with an annoyed smirk with a heartwarming glare.  "All you need is to have confidence.  Most heroes have something to fight for to push them to achieve great things."

"Heroes?!"  I stared on in disbelief not expecting to be called that.

"I may have found your application."  Riveria stared off at the Beol mountains innocently.  "Loki might have let you join if you're interested."

"I-I would be honored, b-but I owe so much to Goddess Hestia for getting me off the street. Also, I don't think that werewolf would be thrilled to see me."

"Ha-Ha."  Riveria covered her lips.  "No.  No, he wouldn't. Still if anything changes. You would probably get accepted. Enough about that why did Leyfia get so angry at you?"

"She kind of..... fell on me." I was hoping she wouldn't hate me for touching an elf. I was nervously shifting my hands. "I wasn't exactly prepared for her to do that and I may have grabbed something. I am sorry."

"Matches the story Tiona told me.  Sounds like an accident."  Riveria smirked.  "Why did you stop by so soon Bell?"

"I found something, that belongs to you." I reached to my side where I strapped the minotaur horn. "I am not sure how this fell into my bag. I didn't feel right keeping it."

Riveria stared at the horn in his hand absolutely dumbfounded.  The odds of a minotaur horn dropping weren't that high but to fall inside a bag without anybody knowing for a few days was some weird kind of luck.  His honesty was eye-opening.  Most people would just cash it in for some easy valis.

"Bell.... Ummm."  Riveria stared at the sky.  Can you meet me by the guild around 3 pm tomorrow?"

"Huh!?"

"You busy."

"No...."  I shook my head nervously.  My heart was threatening to jump out of my chest.  "I-I can meet you, then."

"Good.  We can take that horn to one of Lady Hephaestus's smiths and have something crafted from that horn."  Riveria justified to herself that it was for his safety.  "Probably won't be high quality, but it would at least be stronger than your guild sword."

"I didn't know you could do that.  Won't that cost a lot of valis?"

"It should be a reasonable price since we have the raw material."  She pointed to the horn.  "You can always sign a contract with Hephaestus to pay it off yourself. Could also use a lesser well know blacksmith to lower the price. Helps both you and the blacksmith get stronger."

"Wow, wish I knew that earlier. I keep staring hopelessly at the weapons in the storefront. Though Eina did mention something about cheap armor."

"I can ask her to show you around, Babel.  A couple of the floors are rented out to Hephaestus smiths of all skill levels."

"I feel like an idiot."  I gripped the back of my head.

"Stop that!"  Riveria ordered with narrowed eyes.  "Or I will hang you over the wall again."

"P-promise."  Riveria's head cocked to the side with a confused smirk.  I followed up.  "I will try to stop and I will meet you at three."

"O-okay."  Riveria's eyes wandered to the Beol mountains.  "Wow, this view is amazing.  I never realized how beautiful everything was from here.  I can see why you run up here."

My cheeks started to get hot.  I didn't know she was keeping tabs on me.  'Probably reading into too much.  Stop Bell!'

Riveria inhaled the fresh air above the city.  "Have to check out the wall more.  I need to get back to my familia.  I will see you tomorrow evening."

"I can't wait. Good night Riveria."  I watched Riveria walk away.  If she turned around I would have been in big trouble by where I was staring.  I shook my head, as she wandered out of sight.  I was so excited to see her again tomorrow. There was no way I was gonna get any sleep without burning off this energy. I ran the walls once more before going back home.

.

.

.

Riveria took her time walking back. Her thoughts were running wild in her head. 'Why am I doing this? I have never cared about people outside the familia this much. Is he hoping this is a date? His skin was so warm and he's so nice and pure.'

Riveria's face was blushing and she was excited. She brings her hands up to her head and slap's her face to get her mind under control.  'Stop it, Riveria. Something like that would cause too many problems for him. Besides he probably thinks I am as old as his grandma.'

"Punishing Leyfia will have to wait. I need to distract myself from these ridiculous thoughts with a good book before bed." Riveria regained her composure and rushed back into the Library trying to avoid everybody else in the familia for the rest of the night.

.

.

.

(Day 4)

I started the morning just like the last one. I woke up for a morning run around the walls. Helped momma Mia and the waitress clean up the bar and store away a food delivery from the farmlands owned by Demeter Familia.  Ryu had time to train me again for a few hours. I brought my armor with me this time.

"Mr. cranel, I think we should eat some lunch before we start again.  Getting hungry."  We both walked over to the tree and sat down in the shade. Ryu retrieved two small boxes from inside a basket. The premade lunches consisted of a leafy green salad with cut-up bits of leftover chicken with sliced apple at the side.

"Wow, Ryu you didn't have to make me anything."

"I thought you could use something healthier.  Syr is wonderful but she does lack any skill in the kitchen.  I can't cover for you next time." She shot a smirk at the nervous Bell.  "If you force down her food, you might not live to put this training to use."

"I actually wasn't expecting her to continue making food. I just forgot my valis that day and she was nice enough to help me."

"I see."

We started to eat lunch.  The meal was delicious and filling.  I haven't had something this hearty and healthy since back home on grandpa's farm.  "Wow, this is amazing Ryu. I am surprised you're not a chef."

"I am kind of.... clumsy in the kitchen." Ryu spoke in a lowered tone.  Her ears dipped out of embarrassment from the compliment.  "The chicken is just Leftovers. If you would like, I could continue making your lunch for the dungeon."

"No, I couldn't ask that you Ryu."

"It wouldn't be much trouble. I make my own anyways."  Ryu shrugged her shoulders.  "Maybe.... just pay half price for the cost of the ingredients so Momma doesn't complain."

"If, you're sure. I don't want to take advantage of your kindness."

"It will be fine." Ryu insisted.

"Maybe beating me up will help you control your amazing strength in the kitchen." I started to chuckle at the training to come.

"Oh, you're gonna regret that."  Ryu flashed a beautiful smirk.  "Before we begin. I noticed on floor six that you were wasting too much energy in each of your attacks.  Each of your attacks has to be delivered with the intent of stopping the person or monster in front of you. Especially when the dungeon. You can easily get tired from overexertion and get yourself surrounded and unable to fight."

"I will try."

We continuously sparred for the next two hours. Whenever I got knocked down, Ryu went to check on me and was surprised to see me get up again. The two hours of training were relatively uneventful. I continued to practice dodging drills for the first hour. The second hour was spent with me on the offensive trying to push Ryu back and land a hit.

Ryu had to call it quits to prepare for her shift and I went home to clean up and get into fresh clothes. Thought to myself while walking to the guildhall.  'She probably doesn't think of this as a date. How do I get her to stop thinking of me as a little boy?  I will be sixteen soon.  I am technically old enough to drink and I risk my life in the dungeon too.'   

.

.

.

Riveria slept in incredibly late. It was one of the best periods of sleep, she had gotten in a long while. Her dreams of taming an Al-Miraj bunny so strong; that the Alf kingdom was forced to bow to his might. 

*Knock! Knock!*

"Mamma get up already!"  

"Huh."  Riveria rose from her slumber to the shouts from the other side of her door.

Loki barged open the door, not bothering to wait for a response. The red-haired goddess entered the room in her usual blue sporty attire. "Geesh it's two in the afternoon, Riveria. I heard of beauty rest but this is ridiculous."  Loki opened a blind letting the blinding sun into the room.

"Two o'clock!!!"  Riveria lunged over to her alarm clock.  "Already!.... How?"

"Don't have a prince around here but if you need a smooch to wake you. I guess I can help." Loki was anxiously shaking her hands like they were groping thin air with an evil smile.

"Knock it off Loki. How did I sleep this late?" Still adjusting her eyes to 

"Guess you needed it, Mama."  Loki shrugged.  "Don't worry about your classes. Alicia took over in your stead."

"What of Leyfia? I am not training her to be my replacement for nothing and I have to talk to her about using her magic on people when she gets mad."

"Oh yeah, I heard about the incident with the rabbit from Tiona. Seems like punishment for Leyfia will have to wait. She and Ais snuck off to the dungeon alone. Guards saw her with a supporter pack on."

"Silly girls can't even take a break from the dungeon for a few days." She pinched the bridge of her nose preparing herself for the headache to come.

"We can stay up to deal out punishments late tonight. I will be punishing you too for sleeping so late."

"That's hardly fair Loki."

"True but I want a date for tomorrow's festival.  Guess now I will have two."  Loki grinned wide. "Wear that old dungeon outfit too. You may be the mamma of my family but you're not that old. Your normal robes kind of suggest otherwise."

"People stare at me with perverted looks in that outfit. Especially that weasel Raul."

"I can get Aki to torture Raul if he does do anything. Pretty sure she likes him. Pity I was hoping to be the first one to hold her tail."

"Stop it Loki."

"Can you blame me? My women are the best in the world." She puffed out her flat chest with pride. "I will not take no for answer tomorrow."

"Fine!"

"Now hurry and get up. I can think of a few other things you can do for the rest of the day."  Loki patted her bed eagerly.

"Um about that?"  Riveria smirked not wanting to divulge anything, but she knew she couldn't lie to a goddess.  "I-I have plans later around three."

"You got a DATE!" Loki's voice rang out through the halls of the manor. Many in the manor overheard Loki's voice; leading to two eager amazons barging into her room.

"Riveria's got a man!!" Tiona shouted energetically.

"About time." Tione grinned.

"No, it's not a date."  Riveria closed her eyes briefly waving her hands to the side.  "Mr. cranel found a minotaur horn from the expedition in his bag. I was gonna help him contract with a smith to make a weapon out of it."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that item. Still sounds like a date to me."  Tiona teased.

"Anything with weapons or sparring you would consider a date you crazy battle junky."  Tione mocked her sister.

"That's not fair sis. I beat up Bete all the time and could never stomach dating him." Tiona screams back.

"Better not wear that outfit today at least. You might kill him. Ha-Ha." Loki fell to the floor laughing.

"OUT, out all of you!" Riveria jumped up and pushed them all out of her room.  

.

.

.

(Flashback to the Banquet of the Gods)

Hestia bows to the floor in front of Hephaestus in the dogeza position, head and hands flat on the ground begging her fellow goddess. "Please make Bell a weapon."

A goddess submitting in front of another one in such a way was shocking to witness. Hephaestus however knew Hestia was gonna try something. The stance only made her angry.  "You're lucky you even have a familia and you want me to make you a weapon for free. You spent the last three months taking advantage of my familia. I provided everything for you to start your own. You didn't even care to start one until I kicked you out and had to get a job."

Hephaestus's angry voice carried throughout the hall. Drawing the attention of every person in the hall as well as the rolled eyes of a trickster walking away from the banquet. Hephaestus turned around to leave herself but Hestia jumped in the way again and back down into the Dogeza position. Hestia continues this process and follows Hephaestus to her home trying to plead her case.

.

.

.

Almost two days later, Hestia was still in the dogeza position in front of Hephaestus's office desk. Hephaestus didn't want to give in at all. Hestia was her greatest friend from Tenkai but she has been abusing her friendship; during her time on Genkai.

Hephaestus was at her breaking point. She snapped, "Hestia.... how long are you planning on doing that? It's interfering with my productivity."

"As long as it takes."

"Hestia, I told you over and over. I am not forcing the best smiths in the world to forge a weapon for free. I cannot give something away made from my children's blood and sweat as a favor for a friend." Hephaestus was trying to regain her composure hoping this would be enough for her friend to stop acting this way.

Hephaestus continued still agitated by the position.  "And what is up with this position anyways?"

"Takemikazucki said this was a powerful technique to ask for forgiveness and ask for a favor."

"Ugg, this is going to be a real pain. Why are you going this far?"

"Because I want to help him."  Hestia begged toward the ground still in the dogeza position.  "He's growing so fast I need a weapon to clear a way for him." 

"There are thousands of adventurers in Orario that are wishing for the same exact thing. What makes your child so special? Why haven't you tried recruiting anybody else in the last 4 months?" Hephaestus's resistance almost broke, but Hestia's recent behavior had started to eat at her psyche.  

"To show Bell, my love. I don't want anybody to take him nor do I need anybody else." Hestia pleaded.

"So, you want a brand new adventurer to explore the dungeon alone and you think giving him a weapon, that neither of you will ever be able to afford? In order to force your love on this boy." Hephaestus asked demanding answers from her friend.  Hestia didn't answer.  She just raised her head with an adorable sad pout on her face.

Hephaestus's headache was getting worse. "You do know that adventurers spend years of their lives going deep into the depths in order to get stronger and to be able to afford first-class weapons."

"Shouldn't take Bell long to get some valis with his luck s..." Hestia cut herself off before she said something.  Development ability at level one was beyond rare.

"Luck?" Hephaestus tilted her head in general curiosity. "Well then he can come back with a ten million valis down payment"

"Ten million down payment!!" Hestia's mouth hung open in shock.

"If you're wanting a first-class weapon from me, it would cost at least 200 million valis." Her one eye focused on her friend

"That's outrageous." Hestia let slip.

"OUT, get out."  Hephaestus pointed to the door.  Hestia was too shocked to move.  

"You're my friend."

"Then come back when you learn to respect somebodies craft." Hephaestus got up and pushed Hestia out of the room. The Hephaestus's headache was aching, "I need to lie down."

Hestia stormed off back home to the empty church basement. She was mad at her friend but now she was furious that Bell wasn't home. "Probably snuck off to the dungeon to impress that elf."

.

.

.

I was standing outside the guildhall fifteen minutes, before three. Standing around nervously watching adventurer groups enter and leave the hall. Thinking of my grandpa's words. "Bell never make a woman wait.  They will appreciate it more if you show up early."

"Bell?!"  A familiar voice called for me inside the guild entrance.

"Eina?!"

"What are you doing outside the guild Bell? I haven't seen you in a few days."

"Sorry, I am waiting for somebody."

"Are you on a date?" Eina teased.

My cheeks went red. "No, no, j-just getting help."

Eina was about to inquire further; when the jade-haired elven princess noticed the two talking. My heart was racing at the sight of her approaching.

"Hello Eina.  Bell." Riveria greeted.

"Lady Riveria, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, I am here to meet Bell."  Riveria said innocently not thinking it was a big deal. 

"HUH" Eina screamed her jaw looked like it might hit the ground.

"None of that."  Riveria placed a finger against Eina's lip accidentally, trying to calm her down.  "I was going to help him talk to Hephaestus smiths about converting a drop item to a weapon."  

"Sorry."  Eina's stared at the ground for a second.  "Why are you doing that?"

"Bell here found a minotaur horn in his bag. Seemed like a good idea to help him set up a contract with a smith to reward his honesty. Should make floor six easier than last time." Riveria replied without realizing that she threw Bell under the wagon.

I picked it up right away. "Eh."  I tried to interrupt but was too late.  

Eina stared at me like she wanted to wrap me up in chains so I would listen to her. A chill of fear was tingling up my spine.  "What did I tell you Bell? How did you even survive against war shadows? Why?"  She gripped her soft brown hair with both hands in anger.

"I-I he-he."  She didn't respond well to my accidental laugh.  "I was in a bad mood and just kept going until I saw something new. If anything, your lessons helped me out a lot in dealing with them.  Though Ryu saved my butt against a killer ant." I bowed in front of the elves. "I am sorry. I want to get stronger."

"A killer ant!!"  Eina looked like her strings were cut.  Her arms fell to her side and she look like she was gonna faint.

"Eina, Stop!"  Riveria grinned wide.  "I want to get over to the Hephaestus shops to order a weapon. If you're worried, help him get some armor on your day off." 

"Okayyy."  Eina's twitching emerald eyes found his ruby eyes.  "Bell in two days we will go get some armor. Meet me by the north side of Babel around 10 am." 

"Okay."

"You better be there."  EIna pouted.

I shook my head vigorously.  "Count on it."

"Well, we need to go. See you soon Eina." Eina bowed to Riveria and watched us walk away to the eastern side road to the Hephaestus shops in the northwest district of Orario.

.

.

.

The half-dwarf Tsubaki was running the counter of a Hephaestus shop. She had dark-skinned like amazon but was shorter in stature. Her busty chest was wrapped up in bandages to help her back when forging weapons and had an eye patch over her left eye to mimic her goddess.  She usually follows around goddess Hephaestus or was in the forge most days when not in the dungeon.  Hephaestus was busy all day so she volunteered.

*Yawn* 

"Can this day go by any faster?" Tsubaki yawns out loud. 

*Ching*

The bell above the door rang throughout the shop.  Two people entered the shop.  To Tsubaki's surprise, Riveria escorted a teenage human inside with white hair.  "Yo Riveria, been a while since I have seen you around.  Usually, it's Gareth that submits orders."  Tsubaki cheered up at the sight of a co-captain from one of her allied familias.

"This is not a familia matter, Tsubaki." Riveria stated.

"Does it have something to do with this cutie?"  She pointed her thumb at Bell playfully.

Riveria rolled her eyes.  "This is Bell cranel, he has been very helpful and found this drop item from a runaway minotaur, that got away from our expedition. I was wondering if you could use it to craft him a weapon." Riveria hands the minotaur horn to the half-dwarf.

"Minotaur horn! I could probably make a second-class weapon out of that horn. Sure, you don't want something better." She says examining the horn uninterestingly.

"I can not use familia funds for this but I want to help Bell get a better weapon than his guild weapon."

"Are you a new adventurer?" Tsubaki says eyeing him up and down.

"Yes, Ma'am. I have been at it for three weeks."

"Just call me Tsubaki,  I guess you don't have a lot of valis."

"No, miss Tsubaki."

Tsubaki held two fingers into the air.  "I have two options for you. I can give it to a beginner smith to work on. He could probably make a third or fourth-class weapon. Since you provided the material, I can have you sign a contract for two hundred thousand valis."

"The second option." Riveria was confused.

"I could forge it for him if I can snuggle up with the cute rabbit. These things hurt my back and get in the way of my blacksmithing."  She leans her ample chest against the counter.

"Tsubaki don't be so vile." Riveria was annoyed as she always propositioned Finn when he came to talk to her. Her eyes wandered over to Bell's face, expecting him to take the second option.

*Gulp*

"Y-you are very beautiful but I don't think that would be appropriate."  My eyes wandered up to meat Riveria's.

"Ha-ha."  Tsubaki cackled with laughter.  "I was just joking.  I can have my guy make you a weapon. He's new but reliable."

"Whew," I said nervously. My thoughts were running wild at the proposition, but I didn't want to lose any chance, no matter how small, with the high elf princess.

Tsubaki narrowed her eyes sensing something.  "What kind of weapon are you hoping for?"

"Would you be able to make a pair of Kodachi?" 

"No blacksmith could make two shortswords out of this much material. Could make two knives. If you're looking for a similar style of blade. There are the eastern style Wakizashi knives or elfish hunting knives. They are about twenty centimeters shorter than a Kodachi." Tsubaki watched closely as her hands pointed to a pair of Wakizashi on the walls and then leaned over toward Riveria's direction.

"Can I try out the elfish hunting knives?"  I answered a little too quickly. 

"Sure thing."  Tsubaki itched her eye patch and flashed a wink towards the nervous Bell.  "Do you think you can make twenty thousand valis a week, Bell?"

"O-oh yes, I can do that in a day if I push myself, Miss Tsubaki." I handed her twenty thousand from my bag, as a down payment and signed a contract.

"I think he can get it done before the festival starts tomorrow. Stop by around 9 am."

"What Festival?"

"Right, you haven't been in Orario for more than a month." Riveria glanced over to a rare monster drop item.  "Monsterphilia is a monster taming festival at the coliseum.  You should go check it out. It can be helpful for newer adventurers to learn how to handle different monsters."

"Sounds like fun."

Tsubaki was bored. "Guess I am just used to seeing it. I find it boring."

"Depends what Ganesha familia captures in the dungeon."  Riveria replied.  "Though I am gonna be busy escorting Loki around all day." 

"Watch her hands!?"  Tsubaki smirked.

"Don't worry I will break any hands that get close."  Riveria warned.

Tsubaki noticed Bell's fearful reaction.  "He-he.  Alright, I will see you tomorrow Bell.  Don't want to interrupt any dinner plans."  The comment went right over Riveria's head.  My hand fell to my nearly empty coin purse.  

"Guess we will get going."  Riveria interrupted.  "I have to get back to the manor.  Couple of runaways I have to punish.  

"Thank you for everything, Riveria."

"Not a problem at all Bell.  I hope these knives help you defend yourself better in the dungeon.  Please be safe."  She exited first and split ways soon after.

.

.

.

Tsubaki walked to a back room where a 6-foot-tall redhead man was sitting looking over a longsword he got back earlier that day. He was about seventeen and was wearing a black overcoat.

"Hey, Welfy-boy I got a commission for you."

"I already told you over and over, that I am not making magical blades. Nobody wants my regular weapons and armor." He stared down at the blade that didn't sell.

"It's not a magical blade. I found a new adventurer that wants a few weapons made out of this minotaur horn. I didn't tell him your name. I just said it was a new smith." Tsubaki grinned.

"What kind of weapons?"  His brow furrowed suspecting a trick.

"Oh, two hunting knives."

"Can you be more specific cyclops?"

"Might want them curved like elves."  Cyclops shrugged.

"Oi Cyclops, you're gonna get me killed by an elf. My ancestors brought death to their people with our blood." Welf was angered by the Dwarf woman's games.

"Don't worry, it's for a human kid. Just let me watch and if you need my special hands. I will help you."  Tsubaki leaned on a blacksmith table to tease him.

"Stay off the booze Cyclops. I will start up the furnace." The human man and the half dwarfess worked the forge the rest of the night. Many cries could be heard from the redhead smith as the Tsubaki was constantly teasing him and fixing his work.

.

.

.

"Goddess. Goddess." I called out hoping she would be back by now when I arrived at the church.

"Bell." The crying goddess jumped on me as soon as I entered the room. "I missed you."

"Finally, your back. I thought the banquet of the gods was over 2 days ago."

"I was trying to beg my friend for help. We got into a fight." Tears gathered in her eyes.

"Goddess you don't need to do that. Just apologize to your friend. We will find our own way."  I patted her back to calm her down.  "Would you be able to update my status?"

"You didn't go to the dungeon did you." An upset pout formed on her lips.  Her eyes searched for any signs of deception.

"No Goddess.  I respect your wishes.  I didn't go to the dungeon but I have been busy."

"Fine...."  

I got cleaned up from my run and was lying down on the bed with my shirt off.  Goddess was once again straddled across my backside.  A droplet of blood fell to my back and the falna glowed white.

Bell cranel Age: 15 Race: Human

Level One

Strength: G260...E425 Defense: G280...D502

Dexterity: G242...E460 Agility: F345...D550

Magic: I-0 Luck: I

Magic ()

Skills ()

'He went up over 800 points. How is this possible?'  Hestia's thoughts were running crazy trying to come up with an answer.

"BELLLLLLL! Did you lie to me somehow?"  Her voice was raised and tinged with suspicion. 

"Never goddess. I have been training hard outside the dungeon. I have been running the walls morning and night.  I have been helping out at the hostess."

"Uh-huh."

"Oh, I was training with an amazing elf waitress that found me on floor six a couple of days ago. She has been training me for a few hours over the last couple of days." 

Hestia pounded on my back with her meager strength. "Bell you cheater! That doesn't sound like work."

"I did goddess. You can ask the owner of the hostess, Momma Mia. I spent a few hours helping out both mornings.  Ryu was nice enough to help train me.  What is wrong with that?" I begged my goddess to see reason.   "Lunches were great too."

"Cheater!!"  Hestia stormed out of the church.

.

.

.

 Hestia rushed off to the blue pharmacy to find her other friend Miach.  She dragged him to the pub, against his captain's wishes.  Late into the night, Hestia and Miach drink.  Miach nursed a single beer all night but Hestia got completely drunk sitting on stools around a wooden box table outside the pub.

"Miach, Bell is cheating on me." Hestia is crying with her head down on the table surrounded by empty mugs of cheap alcohol. Her hand still gripped on a fresh one; she began to pound on the table over and over. "Bell is mine! Who is this girl anyway?  She housed him, trains him, and feeds him.  Huuuuu"

Miach is staring down at his drunk friend while sipping his own. "Now, now, Hestia. Bell is not a possession. He doesn't belong to anybody."

"I know that!" Hestia kept drinking more and more. She was starting to imagine her life with Bell. "Bell! Bell! Please, don't leave me alone!" Tears ran down her eyes. "I love you, Bell."

"Hestia, keep it down." Hestia passed out at the bar. Miach had to pay the tab and carry her home.

.

.

.

Late into the night, Ais and Leyfia made it back from their secret trip to the dungeon.  They walked past the gate guards and into the main hall of the twilight manor. They continued to the winding double staircase, where a very upset Riveria waiting in her nightgown, for them to return.  Both of the girls stopped in front of her.

"Do you two.... have any idea.... how worried we are about you?  Can you not even take a few days, rest?" Riveria maintained a serious face trying to stop tears come out of her eyes while expressing her anger at two young women she considered family.

"Sorry lady Riveria."

"Sorry Riveria."

The redhead goddess walked down the right staircase, still a little tipsy. "Ais my sweet you will be going to Monsterphilia with me and Riveria."

"No, we are going to the festival with the twins tomorrow."  Lefiya furiously tried to deny the goddess.  She wanted to spend the day with Ais. 

Riveria intervened. "Loki let Ais go with the twins. They can hold her down for the day." She turned her gaze to the younger elf. "Plus we need to have a long chat with Leyfia for attacking people and avoiding her duties."

"He grabbed me." Leyfia tried to protest, drawing the eye of Loki.

Riveria stopped her before she could continue with her lie. "That is not what Tiona and the guards recall. You were clumsy, tripped, and fell on him. Then you had the gall to threaten to kill him. It's bad enough that Bete embarrasses the familia. I will not allow you too."

Leyfia was about to protest further when Loki intervened. "Fine, I will have two pretty elves follow me around for the festival. Alicia had to take over for the both of you, so that is my punishment."

"Yes, goddess!" Both elves agreed reluctantly.

Loki continued. "Ais you are to take Alicia with you.  She is acting too much like Riveria. She is in the library too much and needs to get outside more. You are not to go near the dungeon until Finn and Riveria order it. Am I clear?"

"Yes, goddess Loki." Ais accepted her goddess's will.

"Great I will see my two lovely elves in the morning. I have a breakfast appointment to keep with an acquaintance then we will have fun at the festival." All four ladies walked off to bed to get rested for the festival tomorrow.

Both elves were having trouble falling asleep with mixed emotions about a white rabbit on their mind. Riveria found it even more difficult only being up half the day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 4.5K 34
(Y/n) (L/n) is an adventurer who is a former member of the Zeus familia and he is now in search for a new one in the city of orario. on his quest to...
540 26 3
What if a boy who wanted to be a hero decided to help the same monster who hunted humans since the start of time and decide he will be the one to sav...
18.7K 714 12
Reincarnated into Danmachi? Great. Missing an arm? I can deal with that. Being the last living Dark High Elf now the gods won't leave me alone becaus...