Zombie Parade

By Sonu2314

Percy Jackson has a set of rules to survive the zombie apocalypse. These rules helped him endure the grueling... More

Prologue
1: Bang!
2: Confused
3: Stella
4: Traps
6: Hestia
7: Guards
8: Routine
9: Lab-Tech
10: Papers
11: Deaths
12: American Fashion
13: Truth
14: Siblings
15: Bad Idea
16: Hospital
17: Leadership
18: Welcome
19: First Steps
20: Tensions
21: Falling
22: Outbreak
23: Soul
24: Heartbreak
25: Scratch
26: Fever
27: Hotel
28: Journey
29: Lights
30: Reunion
31: Community
32: Sacrifice
33: World
Thank You

5: Strip

3.6K 88 22
By Sonu2314

Annabeth POV

Piper gasped while lowering her gun. She couldn't hold a gun to a baby. However, I'm not as sentimental as Piper. If this man was a threat, we have to address it. Regardless, several guards lowered their weapons at the sight of the baby.

There was something familiar about the young man, but he was still relatively far away. I couldn't make out the specific details of him.

Blood was soaking his shirt and hands.

He caused a freaking explosion right next to our survival camp. Zombies for miles would be attracted to us now. They were already impaling themselves on the traps.

"PUT BOTH YOUR HANDS UP," Luke shouted again.

The man didn't move. His right hand was covering his baby while his left hand remained in the air. That's the most he could do.

"Luke, cut him some slack. He's holding a baby," Thalia said firmly.

"We have to handle the situation differently. The car crash could've been an accident, especially he didn't notice the traps on the street," Charles acknowledged.

"Plus, we should go inside quickly. The zombies are all around us," Jason continued.

They were all correct. Because of the explosion, hundreds of zombies were coming at us. Our traps stayed solid against the perimeter. Regardless, it would be safer and more efficient for us to go inside.

Luke shook his head firmly. "We can't take any risks. You all know that."

I stepped forward. My gun was still trained on the young man, who was looking at me intently. Once again, recognition washed over me, but I couldn't quite place him. I quickly formulated a plan while walking toward him and the baby.

"Everyone goes inside. Luke and I will detain the individual ourselves and bring him inside. We will make sure that he is unarmed and not dangerous," I affirmed.

Everyone listened. The soldiers started going inside. We were near the front of the museum, so they walked in through the double doors. Luke and I approached the young man cautiously. Up close, it was obvious that he is attractive. His raven black hair, green eyes, and tan skin emphasized his handsomeness.

Luke roughly grabbed the bag away from Percy. He tossed the bag to the side. My gaze lingered on the man's face. he was looking at me too.

"I'm not a danger. I just didn't see the spikes," he answered.

"How did you not see the traps?" I asked logically.

"I was driving down the street. After a sharp turn, the baby bag fell over, so I reached down to pick it up. When I looked up, the spikes were right in front of me."

His explanation made sense.

I sighed while looking around. The zombies were groaning and screeching. They were trampling each other while trying to cross the perimeter. Of course, our traps were solid, so they only impaled themselves against the wooden and steel spikes.

Luke was rummaging through the baby bag. However, it seemed to be a normal survival bag. There were food, clothes, weapons, and a lot of baby products.

"What's your name?" I asked firmly.

"I don't trust you. I'm not telling my name to someone who has a gun to my head," he spat. His arms wrapped around his baby to protect her.

I frowned in annoyance. He was not making this easy. Rather than saying something, I turned to Luke instead.

"We have to go inside. Our presence is only attracting the zombies. Everyone has to go inside to dilute the situation," I structured. Luke nodded. He walked toward the man and cocked his gun against his back.

"MOVE," he barked. "Don't you dare try anything."

We walked into the museum. The double doors were opened for us by Jason and Piper. They led us into the large lobby that acts as one of our armories. We keep our weapons in several locations around the museum. Only the soldiers are allowed to have weapons inside the camp, but that's a loose rule in a zombie apocalypse. Almost everyone carried a weapon of some kind.

The survivors surrounded the man and his baby. Most of the women in the room were staring at the baby in awe. I haven't seen a baby in over a year. It seemed so wrong for such a pure being to exist in this world.

"She is so adorable," Silena whispered. She is a natural nurturer. She sometimes works with Hestia in daycare at the museum.

"What's your name?" Chiron asked while wheeling closer. We let him into our protective circle so that he can analyze the situation. The man shook his head. He was still looking at the weapons warily.

"Everyone lower your weapons," Chiron ordered. We obliged. "Now, let me ask again: what's your name, young man?"

"I'm Percy. This is Estelle, and the car crashing was an accident," he answered. He took Estelle out of the baby backpack and held her in his arms.

"Are you injured?"

Percy looked down at his stomach before facing everyone again. His eyes scanned the room and its members. He's a survivor. He was scoping the area despite the disadvantages on him. Plus, even though he's injured, Percy isn't showing weakness.

"If you're willing to be tame, we can help you and Estelle," I said firmly. Everyone nodded while still looking at the baby.

"I don't trust any of you," Percy expressed.

"You're not in any position to argue with us. Either you take our help or you go back outside exactly as you are. And, trust me, that is the worst decision you can make, especially for the sake of your baby," I countered.

Percy frowned while looking outside through the double doors. If he has any brain cells, he would choose option #1.

"Your group already shot me once," Percy stated. "On the bridge."

Familiarity washed over me. He's the same man that disguised himself as a zombie. He helped me fight them on the bridge. Due to a misunderstanding, Luke shot Percy off of the bridge.

No one said anything. No one knew what to say.

Suddenly, Percy winced and his right knee buckled. He groaned while shifting his body position. One arm clutched Estelle while the other pressed his stomach. An untreated gunshot was probably very painful. Finally, Jason rushed forward and helped Percy stand straighter. Percy pulled the baby away, but he didn't retract from Jason.

"Let us help you, Percy. We have an infirmary," Jason whispered.

Percy gazed at Estelle before nodding.

"Jason, Thalia, and Silena, please take Percy and Estelle to the infirmary. Have Dr. Claymore and Will Solace check on Percy's injuries. Don't take the baby unless Percy entrusts her to you. Don't violate that trust," Chiron ordered firmly.

"Also, make sure to fulfill the Strip protocol."

"What's the Strip protocol?" Percy asked.

"Essentially, we have to make sure that no zombie has bitten you. We don't want to take any risks with newcomers. This is a protocol for everyone."

Percy seemed confused before nodding. We have our doctors check newcomers for any bite marks. If a person is bitten, then they're going to turn into a zombie. We can't have that happen in the camp. It would jeopardize everyone's safety.

I watched Percy walk away with the others.

The rest of us locked up the front entrance before going our separate ways. The news that we have two new members (one of whom is a baby) spread like wildfire. The entire camp was talking about Percy and Estelle.

It didn't surprise me one bit. My curiosity about Percy was peaking. On the bridge, he didn't have the baby.

So, what did I miss in the past two days?

***

I walked into the infirmary as they were conducting the Strip protocol. Dr. Claymore and Will were standing with Percy behind a curtain. I could see the shadowed outline of his naked body, but nothing more.

He has a very nice physique and fair muscular proportions. As I mentioned already, Percy is very attractive.

I felt heat rise to my face, but I ignored it.

Instead, I turned my attention to Thalia and Silena. They were sitting on a bed nearby with baby Estelle between them. Silena was holding a milk bottle to Estelle's mouth. Thalia was smiling while tapping the baby's arms. She was only in diapers. They had probably checked her for zombie bites before feeding her.

"She's so cute. I can't believe that a baby lasted this long. I can't help but be impressed with Percy for surviving with a baby as a companion," Silena cooed.

"Percy's trouble. He doesn't trust us," Thalia responded to me.

"I know. It's partly my fault. I interacted with him on the bridge yesterday. He was disguised as a zombie. he caught my wrist before I slashed him," I explained. "I knew that he was alive, but I couldn't do anything. Luke thought that he was a zombie, so he shot him off the bridge."

"I don't blame him for having trust issues," Thalia muttered. I chuckled while Estelle burped in response. It made us laugh even more.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Percy snapped.

Silena froze in fear.

Percy was wearing a clean pair of jeans. His upper body was exposed because Will still had to wrap his bullet wound. The doctor had stitched it up, but they still have to wrap the wound for additional support.

"The baby seemed hungry, Percy. Silena decided that she would appreciate some milk. Don't worry. We used the milk in your bag," Thalia explained calmly.

"I didn't tell you to do that."

"Well, we're not going to leave a baby to be hungry," I snapped at him. I was sick of his attitude when we were just trying to help.

Percy glared at me while taking Estelle into his arms. Estelle was happily twiddling her hands against Percy's bare skin. He kissed her forehead lightly before nodding at Silena and Thalia. Despite my annoyance, he looked very sweet.

"Thank you, Silena and Thalia," Percy paused. He glared at me.

"No thanks to Annabeth though." His smirk only made me angrier. Regardless, I resisted my comeback by biting my tongue.

"Percy and Estelle are both clear. They have no zombie bites even though Percy has a bullet wound and a deep glass scratch," Will expressed while approaching us. He gave everyone a sunny smile while speaking.

"Thanks for the info, Will," I acknowledged. "Too bad a doctor can't fix his ridiculous attitude."

Percy and I glared at each other some more. The truth is obvious. Despite our previous interaction on the bridge, we find each other annoying. He doesn't trust us, and that bothers me. Not to mention, our personalities are so different, yet we both managed to survive this long.

Percy allowed Silena to hold Estelle while he got himself treated. Dr. Claymore gave some instructions before leaving Will to bandage Percy. It took several minutes before Percy was ready.

Usually, Luke, Thalia, or I give a tour to newcomers. However, given the current circumstances, Chiron requested Jason and Thalia to show Percy around. Percy doesn't trust Luke, and he doesn't seem to like me.

Chiron was making the logical choice.

I walked out of the infirmary with anger boiling. Percy could so easily push my buttons, and he managed to do so even while getting bandaged. His infuriating smirk only made me angrier.

I walked to the middle sector of the museum and went into an isolated hallway. This hallway isn't a part of the main museum. Instead, it's a private sector used by employees. I went to the end of the bland janitor's hall and opened the door. As far as I know, this is the only way up to the roof.

I like going to the roof. No one else knows the way.

The roof is my private place to think and look at our hellish world. I climbed the stairs that led to a small hatch. I pushed the door open and climbed onto the roof.

The fresh breeze ruffled through my hair. Even the roof's flooring is made of marble, and my feet thudded while I walked to the north edge.

I gazed over central park.

Random zombies were walking about, but for the most part, it was quiet and clear. A lot of the zombies were on the streets. Hundreds of them were impaled by our traps. Whoever is on guard tomorrow morning is going to have a lot of work.

I took a deep breath before turning to the sky. It was such a nice day today. The sun was shining brightly, and the puffy clouds were so pure.

It's such a stark contrast to the world we live in.

My wish had come true. I hoped I'd see the man on the bridge again. Percy lived, and he's now a survivor in our camp. We'd be living and working together. We are complete opposites though. His presence is going to complicate things for me, and I'm not yet sure if I want those complications.

I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I took a deep breath before smiling at the sky. Despite the zombie apocalypse, I only felt like smiling today. But, I'm not exactly sure why.

---------------

"Opposites attract because it's fun to get to know someone who isn't like you. Whatever they do is unpredictable, and it'll throw you off." - Unknown

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

654K 16.2K 57
Y/N has survived 10 years alone on the run from monsters. It's a wonder how she was able to defend herself for such a long time. But eventually, the...
3.8K 56 27
A highschool boy Percy Jackson goes through his normal day, until the dead rise and take over his world. Percy Jackson fan fic
2.6K 44 21
what will happen if all the demigods have to live without Percy? What will poseidon do? But especially, how will Annabeth hold herself together? (th...
28.7K 529 21
Percy Jackson is not a good person. At least, not anymore. Percy has been through a lot. Annabeth is dead and his few remaining friends are scatter...