Colliding Ambition

By BroachAngel12

Book 1 in the Colliding Series One Dream, Two Ambitions Katherine Mitchell has grown up around hockey, with... More

Characters + Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Out now; Colliding Friendship

Chapter 33

20.6K 339 54
By BroachAngel12

*NOT EDITED*

So far today's been good.

Writing class was...harder but Lexi sat next to me and practically killed Cohan with her eyes. Then when I stepped out of class Chase was waiting for me, said he wanted to go to lit class together. But I knew the truth and silently thanked him for it.

And of course, waiting for me outside lit class was Rohan and a cup of coffee.  And now Rohan is walking me to language and linguistic class.

I take a sip of coffee. Wait a second, then, "Don't you have a class to get to?" 

He tightens his grip on my hand, "I'd rather be here." When I give him a look he laughs, "It's all good, Fly. I finished the essay we were supposed to work on today and already sent it to the professor."

I roll my eyes, "So you don't think about hockey all the time, good to know." I say in an exaggerated voice.

Rohan chuckles, "I think about more than just hockey and school. Specifically a witty and bratty blonde hockey player." 

I mock gasp, "I knew there was something between you and Chase. Makes sense now, you have a type." I grin. 

He stops which makes me stop with him. He tugs me closer, encircles my waist. "Your just in a mood huh?" He says into my ear. "But I guess that's where your mind would go. Me and Chase? You'd love that wouldn't you." When I give him a confused look he whispers, "Together." And smacks my ass.

I'm disgusted in a second. "Gross, Rohan. That'd be like fucking my brother." I shiver at the thought. He laughs as we continue walking. "But...I'm not saying that he's not attractive, because he is."

His jaw tightens. 

I smirk, "I mean like have you seen his eyes? They're gorgeous color of a rain forest. And then there's his body. So muscular━"

Rohan tugs me into his side this time, "Keep talking about another guy being attractive and see what will happen." He warns in my ear, in a low voice. We pass a professor as we walk out of the building and head to another. Rohan waves at him like he didn't just threaten me.

I reach up, "And what will happen?" 

He looks down and I see that his eyes have dilated and their practically black. But he can't say it because we pass a cluster of students who are eyeing us. I ignore them. He bends down to my height, "You'll beg me."

 My eyes widen before a smirk spreads across my face. After we say bye and I'm sitting beside a friend, Ciera. "Oh my god, you're at school!" She exclaims. "What the heck happened to you?"

I open my computer and bring out my binder, "Well I was sick at first and then went to a tournament." 

She doesn't say anything and when I look at her she's eyeing me carefully. Then she says, "Are you okay?"

That makes me freeze, "What do you mean?" I advert my eyes.

"Well a sickness doesn't last 2 weeks and you were fine enough to play hockey but not go to school. I'm just wondering why you lied." She shrugs.

Goddam her. Ciera is a psychology major and hopes to work in the FBI as a behavioral analyst. She also has a photographic memory and a weirdly cool IQ. So she was drawn to Criminal Minds and was inspired by Spencer Reid since she associates herself with him.

"I had a family emergency." I say distracting my hands with typing on my laptop, to keep my hands from shaking.

She silent again and I can tell she's reading me. I almost thank her when she lets it go and the class starts.

When I'm finished with my work before Ciera I go on messages on my computer that's hooked up with my phone so it doesn't look like I'm not doing anything. I go onto Rohan's icon and start typing.

Me: Mason, Andrew, John, Kai, Reid, Mick, Alex.

He responds almost immediately. 

Rohan: Why are you naming our teammates?

Me: Oh, I'm just naming some guys I find attractive...

This time the three dots that indicate he's typing appear and disappear about 10 times before he responds.

Rohan: Just wait.

And that sends a chill of anticipation up my spine.

"Why does you face look like that?" Ciera asks.

I immediately get out of my conversation with Rohan. I look to Ciera, "What?" 

Her eyes widen, "Oh my god your sexting!" She whispers low enough for only us to hear.

I furrow my brows but then remember who I'm talking to, "Damn you, Ciera and your psycho analysing me." I mumle.

She laughs, "I called it. You and Rohan. The tension between you guys was suffocating." 

I roll my eyes.

"No seriously. I was just waiting for you guys to jump each others bones." She teases.

But I groan as I slide down my chair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.9K 1.3K 44
It all started with a kiss... CALLUM SLADE had only known one thing: hockey. That's until he met her. Always in pink and spreading sunshine, Kate Bla...
136K 6.7K 36
Kiara always had her focus set on her studies and being the perfect daughter for her strict mother, but when she meets Hayden, she feels like it's fi...
989K 22.5K 35
I had to flee. To escape. I couldn't take the pain of people telling me to be okay. That I was a survivor. But what about me being a victim? All bec...
74K 2.9K 43
All Rémy Miller has ever known are lies until someone is able to give him the life changing truth. When studying at Harvard University, his path unex...