The Innocuous Bride | 18+

By buttercup_cameo

✧𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐟𝐢𝐚 𝐛𝐨𝐬𝐬 & 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐈𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞✧ "Look at you baby, I surely turn my good... More

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐬
𝟎𝟎 | 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝
𝟎𝟏 | 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐝𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐲
𝟎𝟐 | 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝟎𝟑 | 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐬𝐦𝐨𝐤𝐞
𝟎𝟒 | 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝟎𝟓 | 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐤
𝟎𝟔 | 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞
𝟎𝟕 | 𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝟎𝟖 | 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐦
𝟎𝟗 | 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲
𝟏𝟎 | 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐭𝐡
𝟏𝟏 | 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞
𝟏𝟑 | 𝐤𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐩𝐞
𝟏𝟒 | 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝟏𝟓 | 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡
𝟏𝟔 | 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞
𝟏𝟕 | 𝐥𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐳𝐞
𝟏𝟖 | 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬
𝟏𝟗 | 𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭

𝟏𝟐 | 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬

25.2K 722 191
By buttercup_cameo

𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐧𝐞
ᵃ ʳᵃʸ ᵒᶠ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵏⁱˡˡᵉᵈ ᵃˡˡ ᵈᵃʳᵏⁿᵉˢˢ

- 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘦𝘱𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘬𝘦𝘱𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘢𝘵𝘩 -

______

This was odd. No one called Viktor at this hour. Unless it was urgent.

Why was she calling?

"What is it?"

"Geeze Viktor it's like 7 in the morning and you already sound grumpy," the female voice on the other side of the phone spoke.

"Lena, is everything okay?"

"Everything here is fine except you didn't even call me to tell me you're getting married. I'm out of country, not out of your life."

Viktor sighed in relief. She was safe. This girl needed to stop scarring him like that.

"I thought mom told you." Viktor rubbed his temple.

"And you believe she had the time to?" Lena exclaimed. Viktor sat down on the edge of his bed. This was going to take time.

"She's probably going crazy with the wedding preparations. I bet she's trying to get you hooked to this woman as soon as possible."

Viktor hummed. He didn't know what else to say. Besides, Lena wouldn't like it if he just stayed quite. Lena was expressive and she made sure Viktor was too in her presence at least.

"Just so you know, if the wedding is in six months, I will fight you. You can't possibly think I will fit into a dress in that short time!" Lena dramatically expressed as Viktor shook his head. He knew Lena was only half joking about the whole situation.

"I know." He replied with exhaustion visible in his voice.

"Vikkie, are you eating well? You sound tired. Have you even slept at all in days?" Lena said with concern lacing over her voice on the phone.

"It's nothing."

"Doesn't sound like nothing." She paused for a moment. "Do you even like the girl you're marrying? Is that why you're punishing yourself?"

"It's not that. I have been busy. That's all." Viktor casually replied.

Lena was quiet for a moment. She was taking Viktor's words in. He didn't sound convincing at all. He didn't try to hide it.

"If you say so." She decided not to roam around the subject anymore. "Just call me sometimes, okay? I miss you."

Viktor hummed absentmindedly. Even though he was talking to Lena on the phone, his thoughts were elsewhere.

"The wedding is not in 6 months by the way." He stated.

"Thank goodness. I can finally find a dress!" Lena's excitement was almost visible to Viktor.

"It's in a month."

"What? What the hell are you talking about?" Lena shuffled around for a while until what it sounded like she sat down. "Are you fucking with me right now?"

"I don't know the exact date. But it's sooner than you expected." Viktor amusingly replied.

"No seriously Viktor, when's the wedding?"

"In a month." He replied casually.

Lena stayed silent for a moment. "I will just call mom. If I find out you're fucking with me, the consequences won't be good for you." Lena threatened playfully.

Viktor smiled. "Be back soon."

"I will, brother mine."

• • •

Mia was actually surprised to see Viktor at their door. Again. She didn't know they're encounter was going to be an everyday thing.

This time though, seeing Viktor felt a bit different. She had this weird feeling inside her that she couldn't explain. She stood by the staircase, starring at Viktor and her father chatting. It was unlikely for her father.

Viktor looked different. His hair seemed different and his eyes. His eyes just didn't feel like how they did the last time Mia looked. He looked so tired.

Was he sleeping okay? Was he worried?

As if he could read her mind, Viktor locked eyes with her. She immediately looked away. Feeling his eyes on her she made her way into the kitchen.

Her mother and Daliah were chatting. Mia started stirring the soup on the pan and checking the salt without saying anything. She was constantly smoothening her dress and tucking her hair behind her ear.

Daliah and Rebecca stopped their conversation for a brief moment. They both studied Damia. She was fidgeting and biting her lip often. It was a habit of her whenever she'd get nervous.

Daliah got up and out of the kitchen. She came back smirking and sat back down beside her mother.

"Is it what I think it is?" Rebecca whispered to Daliah and she nodded. "Yep." Daliah couldn't hold in her smile. Her big sister, her best friend was nervous cause her hot fiance was at their doorstep chatting with their father. The same shy Mia had a date again.

"Honey, you already checked the salt in there." Rebecca pointed out suppressing her own smile. "Twice."

"Hmm?" Mia came to realization and looked around for a brief second. "Well, I..I was just making sure that I..checked." Mia was a stuttering mess. It was adorable.

Rebecca got up from her seat. "You girls chat. I will take it from here." Rebecca took the lid from Damia's hand.

Mia nervously cleared her throat and sat beside Daliah.

"So," Dali started starring at her sister's flushed face. "Mr. Fiance's here to pick his bride up."

"What..what are you talking about.." Mia trailed off looking anywhere but Dali's face.

"Oh my shy little Dee," Daliah hugged Mia from the side. "You're happy to see him. It's written all over your face."

"I..I never said that," Damia tried to stir away.

"So you're not happy to see him?" Daliah pried.

"I didn't say I wasn't!" Mia was quick to protest. And when she did, her face got ten shades darker. She was certain she'd be on fire anytime.

Both Daliah and Rebecca bursted out laughing. "Just admit it Dee, you like him." Daliah said in between giggles.

Mia didn't say anything instead she freed herself from her sister's hold. "I..I have to plant my water. Uh, water my plants!" She bit her tongue and almost sprinted from the back door leaving a laughing Daliah and Rebecca behind.

Mia watched her beloved plants soak in the water she brought. She sighed. She wasn't feeling like her usual self anymore. She would always palpate her heart as if something was wrong.

She peaked through the window at their door. The door was closed and no one was around it.

Did he leave?
He didn't even talk to me. Not that he needed to but... would've been nice if he did.

Disheartened by his departure she puffed her cheeks and stood up from the ground. She looked down, brushing her dress. She turned around while doing so.

"Lord! Stop scaring me!" She exclaimed with a hand on her heart. And the other on a chest.

"Not my fault that you get scared by everything." Tanner laughed and shook his head.

"Shut up," Mia said smiling herself.

"What's going on though? You haven't called in two days. I was worried." Tanner explained.

"Oh Tanner, so much happened. You won't believe it."

"Try me." Tanner said cocking a brow.

"Let's go inside first. Don't you want to eat the tasty pastry I made this morning?" Damia said as she led her friend inside the kitchen.

"You did? And your mama let you?" Tanner acted as if he was shocked.

"Please, I can do what I want."

"She didn't see you making desert before breakfast, did she?" Tanner nudged her sitting down.

"No," Damia said as she plopped on the seat next to him.

They both laughed and chatted while eating cake.

"So what's the thing you wanted to say to me earlier? Tanner asked as he washed the plates with Mia.

"I told you about Daliah," Mia replied looking up at him.

"Not that. Something else. You seemed upset about it." Tanner's concern was written all over his face. Damia didn't look. She kept doing the dishes.

"Oh that. Well, I'm getting married."

Damia squeaked as water splashed at them. "Tanner! Your getting water everywhere!" She snatched the plate from Tanner's hand and put it down, turning the tap off.

"You're kidding Dami." Tanner said in disbelief.

"No," Mia dried her hand in a towel and looked at him. "Why would I be lying to you. You know I don't lie to you."

"Are you really getting married?" Tanner asked in complete shock.

Mia hummed smiling up at him.

"I'm sorry I couldn't tell you this earlier. I just found out about it a few days ago myself."

"What do you mean find out? You don't consent. Your father's forcing you, isn't he?" Tanner's breath became ragged.

"I have consented! Calm down." She furrowed her eyebrows up at him.

"You want to marry someone?"

"Don't we all have to one day?" Mia said and started putting the plates away.

Tanner stayed silent at Mia's remarks. He couldn't bring himself so say something further.

"I haven't showered. You can stay here or up in my room while I go take a quick shower. I'll be back soon. We can talk more then." Damia said and exited the kitchen premise.

Tanner stood there speechless. For a brief second he didn't recognize his best friend.

Who was she? Who was this girl in Damia's clothes and body?

Years of friendship just blew right out of the window. He huffed a breath and sat back down considering he didn't have enough strength left to even keep standing. Something inside felt so heavy.

He starred at the pictures scattered around the house walls and counters. Tanner found it hard to find similarities between the girl in those pictures and the girl he just talked to. All the 11 years he knew her just felt blurry.

Damia's change in behavior was an indication that time flies. And time flies quick. You can only grasp onto something so long until you can't anymore. It's a cruel part of life, he knew. And still it was hard to believe.

He swore he would never let anything change. Perhaps he didn't realize how much he can't control. No matter how hard he tries, time still fly.

·  ·  · ♡ ·  ·  ·  

Hi, so, this is a birthday update.

Before I go, let's do a Q&A. Y'all can ask me anything about the book, the characters or about me. I will answer them in the reply section of your comments.

I will personally send you my love if you stream POLTERGEIST! by CORPSE rn

iloveyou

/\_/\
(•. •)
  />✨

- Your friendly neighborhood duckling
🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.3K 1K 54
"You have to tell me everything," he said and released my hand. Stupid man, he did that on purpose. "You have no power over me. I don't owe you shit...
2M 37K 57
Amelia has had a tough life and it all got even worse when her dad returned from his trip. He has sold her to the Perez family for money. How could...
353 23 11
Lucía, a proud and independent woman who doesn't easily back down. She is intelligent, courageous, and has a sharp tongue. As the daughter of a power...
334K 8.2K 61
He loathe his wife, yet he can't take his eyes off her. He wants her gone, yet he can't seem to stay away. He wants her to suffer, yet he's overl...