Our Secrets

By Skyalent

Batfam x Batsis Reader Harry Potter AU "You've got your secrets, I've got mine. The only difference is that... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Change
Chapter 2 - Gala
Chapter 3 - Fire in the Dark
Chapter 4 - Grief and Recovery
Chapter 5 - Slipping in Some Magic
Chapter 6 - The Days Before School
Chapter 7 - Different
Chapter 8 - Dragons
Chapter 9 - Filler Chapter
Chapter 10 - Let's Hang Out!
Chapter 11 - Y/n's Date
Chapter 12 - The Gala
Chapter 13 - December the 26th
Chapter 14 - Hidden Secrets
Special Chapter YAYYYYYYYYYY
Chapter 15 - Summer Flashbacks
Chapter 16 - Back at School
Chapter 17 - Inner Feelings
Chapter 18 - A Day in Hogwarts
Chapter 19 - Words Left Unsaid
Chapter 20 - Back In Time (Part 1)
Chapter 21 - The Third Task
Chapter 22 - Back in Time (Part 2)
Chapter 23 - Forever Asleep
Original Chapter 23 - Forever Asleep
Chapter 24 - Brooms
New Years Special!
Chapter 25 - Muggle Ice Slippers
Chapter 26 - A List of Questions
Chapter 27 -The Bucket List (Part 1)
Chapter 28 -The Bucket List (Part 2)
Chapter 29 -The Bucket List (Part 3)
Chapter 30 -The Bucket List (Part 4)
Chapter 31 - The Justice League
Chapter 32 - Without Her
Chapter 33 - Magic Mayhem
Chapter 35 - Newt's Surprise
The Second Special Chapter!
Chapter 36 - Catching Up
Chapter 37 - Mischief Never Managed
Chapter 38 - Deadpool
Teenfic... Please Stop
I Know...
Chapter 39 - Princess in a Tower
Chapter 40 - Back in Time... Again??
Chapter 41 - Safe and Sound
Chapter 42 - Home Sweet Home
Chapter 43 - 'Twas The Night Before Heart Attack
Chapter 44 - Stupid. Loveable. Idiot
Chapter 45 - The Chaotic Holidays
Chapter 46 - Cold
Chapter 47 - Undertale
Chapter 48 - A Frizzy Day
Chapter 49 - The Dursley Investigation
Chapter 50 - Patronuses
Chapter 51 - Bacon and Meowson
Chapter 52 - When There's Trouble You Know Who To Call...
Chapter 53 - Alone

Chapter 34 - Defending and Training

676 30 2
By Skyalent

════════════════════════════════

Chapter 34 — Defending and Training

"You were whisked into a family cult with Cedric and Y/n weren't you?"

════════════════════════════════

Umbridge was- is unbelievable. #1 worst professor ever at Hogwarts. Harry had already gotten a detention and Hermione wasn't sure to be proud of him for sticking up for Y/n and Cedric, or absolutely furious that he had already gotten into trouble.

Ron was trying to keep them all together. To fill in the unfillable space. They all tried acting like nothing was wrong when everything was.

Walking down the hallways without their fourth member, they overheard a conversation of 2 Slytherin boys. 1 seemed familiar to them, but couldn't put a name on the familiar boy.

The other Slytherin was going off on Cedric, insulting him, and Hermione and Ron were trying to keep Harry from assaulting the boy. But then they moved on to Y/n.

"Pbft- Y/n? That stupid Gryfindor? It was coming for her, she and that Hufflepuff."

Before Harry, Ron and Hermione could say anything, another was quicker to it. Unable to hold back any longer, the familiar boy stopped walking.

"Don't."

"W-what? Shroud-"

"No. Y/n isn't stupid."

"Yes she is-"

"NO!" Shroud yelled, "She isn't stupid! Y/n isn't stupid! She's amazing! She's- S- she's... Y/n and Cedric are my older siblings and I won't tolerate you saying mean stuff about them!"

"Shroud-"

"I don't think we should be friends anymore."

"What?"

"You heard me. I don't want to be friends with someone who talks behind peoples backs and says mean stuff about others. It isn't nice."

Shroud's ex-friend scoffed before walking away. Shroud paused then let out a shaky sigh as tears left his eyes. "Y/n isn't stupid," he whispered to himself again before walking the other direction.

Quickly following the boy they now knew as Shroud, someone they remembered Y/n talked about with pride and love, Hermione put her hand on his shoulder stopping him.

"I said I- um... wait aren't you Y/n's friends?"

"You were whisked into a family cult with Cedric and Y/n weren't you?"

"Yeah... so?"

Hermione hugged Shroud suddenly and all the tears he had tried to keep inside spilled. Ron patted Shroud's shoulders supportingly.

Shroud made eye contact with Harry and his breath hitched. "T-thank you..." he whispered, making Harry confused. He thought Shroud would have been mad. He must have been mad.

It was his fault wasn't it? Harry could have done something. They wouldn't be dead at this moment and none of them would be upset. He could have-

"For being there, for both of them."

It was then all 3 of them understood why Y/n had taken Shroud as her younger brother.

════════════

Y/n, while practicing her powers, started to find herself getting tired rather quickly. To fix this problem, she decided to get herself a workout plan from her father, who worriedly looked at her.

"Are you sure you aren't overworking yourself Y/n?"

"I'm sure. Besides, I don't want an intense workout plan, just one that could help me improve my stamina."

To even seal the deal off, Y/n had put together a timetable. Monday to Friday mornings were her educational learning time, then lunch, then her personal magic practice time until Damian and Tim come back from school.

She wanted to split that practice time with a 15 minute, not too intense workout. And she promised the weekends were days of relaxation.

Bruce sighed before agreeing, making Y/n thank him before letting out a sneeze.

"Bless you, someone must be talking about you."

"Hmm, yeah maybe... hopefully it's good things!"

════════════

The whole family was gathered for a family game night that was put on temporary pause so that they could relax from playing Clue. Dick leaned back against his chair as an idea struck him.

"I think we should make code phrases."

"That's a stupid idea Dick." Damian was quick to retort. Tim held up a finger, making Damian pause.

"No wait, think about it, Y/n has magic, some skills that she can't exactly control yet, so she can give us code phrases quickly just in case the magic happens quick." Tim explained his own point of view, Dick making a 'you get it now?' face.

That made everyone pause for a moment, pondering the idea. Damian was quick to remember Y/n's disappearance that he now knew was caused by her magic calling her somewhere else.

"...maybe it's not a bad idea." Jason started laughing at Damian who threw a shoe at him (Y/n confiscates all sharp objects from everyone and hands them to Alfred on game nights).

So here's the list of codes that they quickly created:

Code U - Another universe calling for Y/n

Cool Branch - A magic emergency

No nose dude - I think that's self explanatory

You can tell who made these creative code names, the others reluctantly agreed.

════════════

Stamina training was working out well for Y/n, especially with the discovery that she could fly!

No, not really flying, but if she focused the levitation spell to the heels of her shoes, she could balance and launch herself into the air. It made for great practice for magic control and stamina since she couldn't hold herself in the air for more than a minute, but it was progress.

Protego was also a good spell to practice, as well as modifying it a bit to make it more resistant, not only to spells, but items like stray batarangs flying from her family's hands during practice (it wasn't often that a batarang went the wrong direction, but it did from time to time and the modified protego came in handy).

Working on healing spells also helped when her family came home in the morning from nasty fights, and even though they had her supply of healing creams and potion energy drinks, spells were much more effective.

Right now, Y/n was staring at Tim, who was trying not to make eye contact with her because he knew she wanted something from him. But sadly, he couldn't resist curiosity.

"Let me yeet you."

"... what?" Tim deadpanned, thoroughly confused and worried. Had his sister lost her mind?

"I said, let me yeet you." Y/n repeated, face completely serious.

"... no..?"

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay." and Y/n walked away, leaving Tim confused.

"Should I be worried?"

The answer was yes, because 5 minutes later Tim was yeeted out the window.

Hi, so a big test is coming up and you may have realized I haven't been updating as consistently as I'd like. So, I will be updating... only when I feel like it :p

ALSO!

VERY IMPORTANT READ PLEASE!

A HUGE SHOUTOUT TO @Solangelodofathena for reading author notes and being the first to pay special attention while reading, so I applaud you! Zooky approves!

Signed,
Skyalent

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251 4 11
Magic is different for everyone. Some can cast spells without using words or even need a wand, but there are a few who can do both. And no one can co...
2K 92 32
Gwenevere Everill's Hogwarts letter finally arrived, and she knew she had to go. If anything, to get away from her family. She needed it. She didn't...
9.4K 197 27
IMPORTANT: I have a major writers block since August 2020, and I haven't updated this story properly ever since. And honestly, I'm not sure if I want...
57.6K 1.6K 20
(Y/N) (L/N) led an ordinary life until he was told he was a wizard. Since then (Y/N) would begin many adventures, make many friends and would discove...