King of the Empire ✓| #2 |

Від venusorionv

Read "Queen of the Empire" first!!!! This is the second book of the Rossi mafia series. ~~~~~ Liam One month... Більше

Author's note
Character aesthetics
The families
Prologue
1 - One month
2 - A girl from the past
3 - Tesoro
4 - Not anymore
5 - I promise
6 - The Mob
7 - Rage
8 - Ghost
9 - The killer
10 - The woman
11 - One Mistake
12 - Alliance
13 - Truth
14 - Invitation
15 - Videotape
16 - Crystal blue
17 - A fucking dream
18 - Can't be real
19 - Broken promise
20 - The Ball
21 - One day
22 - Me out of all people
24 - Take her time
25 - Comparison
26 - I fucked up
27 - Deal
28 - The Night
29 - One week
30 - Two weeks
31 - Three weeks
32 - One month
33 - One month and two days I
34 - One month and two days II
35 - One month and one week I
36 - One month and one week II
37 - Two months
38 - Power
39 - Just the beginning
40 - Decision
41 - Lost in thought
42 - Resurfaced
43 - Betrayal
44 - Final Blow
45 - The letter
Epilogue
Extended epilogue

23 - Surprise

98 2 0
Від venusorionv

When I opened my eyes, my arm moved around the bed and made me frown when I realized I was all alone. I looked around and saw nothing reminding me of Celeste.

I groaned as I sat up in the bed and rubbed my eyes. I turned my eyes to the window on the right-hand side and stared through it. The sun was shining brightly almost right in my face and no cloud was even visible, making it seem like yesterday was just as pretty.

I looked down at the pillow beside me and saw a note. Black paper. A smile tugged my lips when I realized everything wasn't just the most amazing dream I've ever experienced.

I grabbed the paper and flipped it over before seeing the white ink.

I had to leave but in case you want to call me (maybe I might want to do so too), here's my new number. Don't dare say a word to anyone. Ti amo.

- Celeste

I smiled as I searched for my phone. I got out of bed and grabbed the pants I had on yesterday. They were damp in a few spots but overall, had dried quite well. I took my phone out of my pocket and sat down on the edge of the bed before typing in the number she had provided me.

She knew that I'd annoy her with texts throughout the day and still decided to leave her number.

Not that I'm complaining. I desperately want to annoy her.

Liam: Hey, thanks for leaving me the number. I actually thought you'd flee without another word.

Liam: How are you?

I dropped the phone on the bed before getting up from the bed and heading into the bathroom. I got dressed and walked back into the room as I rubbed the back of my neck.

I wore my grey sweatpants and a matching hoody since I was planning to go out on a quick run. I haven't run outside in a long time and after the biggest weight was lifted off me, I thought I had the strength to go out and run without any suicidal thoughts ruining everything.

The first time I forced myself to go out for a run since the night was around two weeks after. I remember leaving the property of the estate and running alongside the pavement of the road. As cars passed by, I had to fight the urge to just end it. It was one of the easier ways to do so but I didn't want to break the promise.

And now, more than ever, I was glad I hadn't given up.

I grabbed my phone and checked if she had replied since about half an hour had passed since I sent her the message. I smiled as I read her message.

My love: Buongiorno, I'm well. I'm on a plane to Rome now and despite the calm night, I didn't sleep very well. You?

Liam: I'm great. Sad you're not here but at least I know you're okay.

She sent me a smiley face, making me smile.

Liam: Gonna go out for a run so I won't be able to talk further but be prepared to receive an obnoxious number of texts after.

My love: I think I might have made a mistake.

Liam: Love you!

I slid my phone into my pocket which had a zipper specifically for this reason and headed out my bedroom door. I grabbed my black sneakers before putting them on and looking around for my headphones. I spotted them on the glass table right beside the front door and walked over to them to grab them. I connected the Bluetooth to my phone and turned on my playlist.

I opened the door before I got out of the room and headed toward the elevator. When I exited the hotel, I stretched my neck and looked around the street, debating which way I should go. I moved to the right before crossing the street.

Running had always been a nice way of relaxation for me. Especially now, when my emotions were sky-high and I had possibly the biggest secret to hide.

I ran for half an hour before I stopped by a coffee shop and ordered a latte to go and a water bottle. After drinking the water and hydrating my body as much as it needed after the physical activity, I started my walk back to the hotel. I sipped on my coffee before I took out my phone and found a message from Alex.

Alex: Where the hell are you?

Alex: You need to make it to my room in the next five minutes.

I frowned as I started to type my response.

Liam: What happened? I'm coming back from a run.

Alex: It's better if you see it yourself.

I hated how biased that was and quickened my pace. There was one thing I definitely did not have and that was patience.

When I reached the seventh floor, I found Dante right by Margo and Alex's room. He knocked and as I took off my headphones his head turned in my direction.

"Good morning," I said, getting a simple nod from him. I could tell something was bothering him from the worry on his face. Just when I reached his side, Margo opened the door and urged us to go in.

I held the headphones in my hand as I stepped into the room right after Dante. Alex sat on the living room couch with his laptop on his lap. I looked up to the TV above the small fireplace and saw that it was turned on. A map was shown on it and there was a blue dot right near Rome. I frowned before I took a seat on one of the armchairs right beside the couch. Alex looked up at me and then back at his laptop. Dante kept standing behind Alex and Margo sat down right next to her boyfriend.

"What happened?" I asked before Alex pointed to the map. I looked up and frowned. "That's it? That's all you're going to give me?" Alex and I weren't on speaking terms since he unexpectedly blew up the night before the ball and now even more after he barged into my room with Margo. However, this time I couldn't blame either of them.

"The dot shows the location of the person who called you on the plane," I looked down at Alex. "I don't know how they got your number but since this morning, they have been in Rome." I frowned again.

Since this morning?

Rome?

"You look like you've seen a ghost," Margo said, aimed at me, making me snap out of my thoughts and look at her. "Everything okay?" I nodded a bit too quickly to make it seem believable. She frowned but looked away from me towards the TV.

Celeste had mentioned she was flying to Rome. And to think of it, she should be somewhere near Rome at this moment.

"Is there anything else?" I asked, trying to leave this room as fast as possible to compare the numbers.

"Rico," Alex said, nothing about that name giving me much desire to stay seated in this room. But he was a big part of the mess I was in. "He made an appearance in London."

"His brother's place?" I asked and prayed for the devil below to make sure the answer wasn't positive. It didn't help. Alex nodded.

"Any sign of him with Luca?" Dante asked but Alex shook his head no.

"Than maybe-" Dante began to say but I shook my head.

"I know what you're about to say and I think you'd be wasting your time by saying it. I'm sure you know the reasons why Luca doesn't like Rico and vice versa. They're not on good terms. And the only thing that would let Rico stoop to such a level, was if he had a plan."

"A plan to take us down," Alex finished for me. I nodded.

"Exactly. He was at the meeting with Alex and me. And above all that, he was Silas's biggest cheerleader. He has more information about us to interest Luca."

"So you need help to get to him?"

"I need help to first get rid of both my father and his father. Then I can move on to getting rid of Luca and his dumbass father."

"That isn't the only thing you'll want to worry about," Alex informed me.

"Oh fuck, what now?" My phone buzzed in the pocket of my pants and just as I was taking it out, Alex spoke again.

"The killer." I frowned as I shot a quick glance at my phone screen. I couldn't hold back a faint smile as I typed my response.

My love: I'm in Rome. Miss you.

Liam: I think I might pay a visit to my favourite person.

"Sorry, I..." I looked up at Margo before she shook her head and walked away from us and into the bedroom. I frowned as I looked back.

"Is she-"

"This was unusual." He looked at the bedroom door for a few more seconds before he cleared his throat and looked back at his computer screen. Dante came around the couch and sat down next to Alex. "Here," I looked at the TV screen as I tucked my phone back into my pocket.

Two images appeared on both sides of the screen. Both were monochromatic and had only a very faint image on each. There was a person climbing over the fence of Vlad's old mansion.

"This was taken by the cameras right before they were wiped out. I managed to get ahold of them and let me just say, it shocked me." I looked closely at the two images and could only make out the fact that the person was slim. Too petite to be a man.

"A woman?" Dante questioned as my eyes widened. I had nothing against women being in these shoes but I can't sit here and lie by saying I thought it was a woman. I thought that they would've sent an assassin that's known in the world for their success. And as far as today, the first five spots were all men from the Underdogs. It was unusual. Surreal even.

"This can't be right."

"They were taken minutes before the guards found Elijah and the rest of his family dead."

"Why the hell would she do something like this?" Dante said under his breath.

"She had to be someone who had done some sort of business with Vlad and Elijah to murder them so brutally." They deserved it but what had they done to the woman that took their life and squashed it that easily.

"Are there any more images?" I asked as I looked over at Alex.

"Just these two now but I'm working with Lorenzo to find the possible ones from the bridge in Moscow." I nodded.

"Send them to me. These also." He didn't hesitate to nod and didn't waste any time forwarding them to me.

"This narrows the options," Dante said, drawing my attention. "I'll send some people to Luca's place and try to get ahold of Rico," I nodded.

"Thank you. I'd appreciate it."

"When will you be leaving?" He asked me and as of yesterday night, I didn't have an answer. Initially, I was supposed to leave on Monday which was in a day but after my life got flipped upside down, I didn't want to fly across the ocean and be miles upon miles away from my love. Being on the same continent was enough but not enough to make me feel complete.

"I was thinking about staying in Europe for a few more days." Alex frowned as he raised his eyes to me. "Not for a long time but I need some time away from the mess across the Atlantic." Dante nodded.

"You're always welcome at our estate, you know that." I smiled.

"I'd love that, Dante."

"Then it's settled. You can join us on our plane on Monday then." I nodded before looking over at Alex.

"Joining me?"

"To spend extra time with my girl? Hell yes," I smiled.

--------

After coming back from Margo and Alex's room, I showered and changed into something more usual for me. I wore grey dress pants, a white polo shirt as well as a silver Rolex on my left wrist. I put on my light grey shoes and looked around the room for my sunglasses. I was going to head out with Aldo, Alex, Egon, Lorenzo, Giorgio and Marco for a nice day out.

When a knock on the door disturbed my searching, I walked over to the door and frowned once I saw Margo on the other side of the door. She didn't wait for me to say a word before she walked right past me just like yesterday night and started pacing back and forth in the living room. I closed the door as I watched her, wondering what the hell had happened to make her like this.

Suddenly, she stopped and looked right at me. Her eyes looked lost and her face was pale.

"Margo, are you-"

"How long?" She asked, catching me off-guard.

"What-"

"How long, Liam?" I frowned and shook my head.

"Margo, what are you-"

"How long have you known she is alive?" 

-------

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

582K 12.7K 53
I gasped when he turned us, pressing us against the hard wall and wrapped my leg around his waist. His body began grinding against mine, our tongues...
16.9K 150 54
~~~~~~ Celeste is the newest emperor of the Rossi Familia. Despite her young age, she's gone through more than she should've. The world of mafia and...
587K 12.4K 56
"Let me pleasure you, let me apologise for all the dastardly sins I have committed." I smiled knowingly. "Are you sure? Because there's a lot." Grin...
139K 2.5K 32
Isabella Moretti had been born in Italy with the Moretti's. Her Biological family. But one fateful night her Mum sneaks into her room while she's asl...