That Voice Actor's Voice

By polaris_epsilon

Embark on a rollercoaster ride of workplace drama, hidden secrets, and unexpected friendships in "Ordinary Ec... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99

Chapter 60

2 0 0
By polaris_epsilon

I'm now lying on Charles's bed.

I faced away from him and I'm hugging my sheep plushie while snuggling with my blanket.

I also brought it because it is my routine that I am hugging something.

My body is covered by my blanket, except my face.

"Do you always sleep with a plushie at home?" He asked.

"Yeah. Even this age, I still love sleeping with my plushies."

"You're in your mid 20's and you still sleep with that?"

He didn't ask rudely. I replied to him that my plushies are one of my comfort.

Sleeping on the bed with your boyfriend is a new thing to me.

I can somehow trust him that he'll not do something I don't like.

"It's like a dream that you are sleeping with me right now. Why are you facing away from me? Come one, face me." He's begging me to face him.

It's embarrassing! If I fall asleep facing him, he might see me drooling with my mouth open!

Before lying on his bed, I warned him that I might snore but he said he didn't care about it. I was kind of wanting to change his mind if he still wanted to sleep with me.

I was flustered when he said that he doesn't care if I sleep unsightly.

"..."

"Well, okay then. Good night, Athena."

I heard Charles moving his position at the other side so we're facing away from each other.

After a few moments, I finally doze off and went to deep sleep.

.
.
.
.
.

"Shameless. You think I would fall for someone like you?"

Richard is standing in front of me looking disgusted at me.

He walked past by me with bumping me on my shoulder.

I looked back and I suddenly saw him kissing one of our schoolmate.

I suddenly felt hurt and humiliation when I saw him kissing her.

While he was kissing her, he looked at me then he suddenly walked towards me.

"You look pitiful, that's why I was a friend to you. It was funny how you were falling for me and it was disgusting seeing you so giddy on me!"

He was laughing manically.

I just stayed quiet and I just looked at the ground.

However, a few seconds after, I glared at him and told him that how rude of him to make fun of me.

"If you find me disgusting then why you approached me in the first place?!"

He grinned at me and arrogantly said that it was just right to make fun of me because all the other kids find me very fun to tease.

"You're an ugly and boring bitch, that's why. Our classmates actually planned to make you the target. I was the one who volunteered to be your knight and shining armour. Man, I was right in the bat that you actually fell for me."

That's right. This is the real reason why I was so hurt by this person.

I was toyed by my whole class.

Richard was very kind to me and would fend me from some bully classmates.

I was naive back then and I thought he likes me. I really fell hard for him.

It was painful to the point I totally forgot that chunk of memory.

I'm now surrounded by my classmates. I can hear them laughing at me and they were calling me names such as fat bitch and ugly.

I covered my ears and squatted on the floor.

"What now? Stand up and show yourself to us to make feel alive by making fun of you!" Richard said.

"My boyfriend is so cool? Ain't he? Losers like you doesn't deserve to be loved, right Richard?" The girl whom Richard was kissing said this to me.

"Yes!" Richard said this arrogantly.

Their laughs keep on echoing louder and louder.

I stood up and I ended up crying. The moment I cried, my surroundings changed.

I'm currently at my university lecture hall listening to my professor lecturing.

I remember this class. I hated this class because there are many group activities in this subject.

As I turned to my right, I suddenly saw myself listening to the lecture.

Oh my gosh. That's me!

When I looked at my past self, I really looked a quiet and a simple type that doesn't mingle much with everyone. I kind of look gloomy here.

Of course, I hate this subject. That's why I look gloomy here.

My professor, Ms. Dale, suddenly brought up to class that there will be another groupings for a group presentation.

Oh boy. This is what I really fear back then: make your own group.

Everyone is already forming there groups and I can see myself struggling to find a group.

Seeing myself out here is very painful. This kind of thing really did happen when I was in university.

I suddenly saw myself asking some of the groups if they could make me part of there group.

I was rejected by several already as they said that they have enough members and some said that I'm not the person they're looking for a member.

Later, I saw myself speaking to Charles. I was asking if he will let me join.

Charles looked at me from head to foot like a douche bag and insensitively said that I don't belong to his group then he suddenly pushed me away. I stumbled on the floor when he pushed me.

When I saw that, I got angry. He just pushed me!

I then saw myself standing up and then walked away to look for another group.

My university self saw Lucas with his group. When I asked him if I could join his group, he gladly accepted me.

However, his group mates rejected me and I was told by Lucas that I am unable to join their group since his group mates didn't want me.

Seeing myself rejected for several times is painful.

I saw myself standing at the back of this lecture hall.

I turned myself around to not look at my pitiful state.

"Athena!"

I looked back to my lonesome self and I saw Maria and Conrad went up to me and dragged me to their group.

"A-are you sure? Are you not forcing yourselves let me join your group?" my university self said this to the both of them.

Conrad held my hand and Maria followed in holding my other hand.

"Of course! We like you to be in our group!" Maria said.

"You're very special to us so you don't have to doubt our intentions in letting to our group." He sweetly smiled at me.

My university self suddenly cried in front of them. Maria hugged me and Conrad comforted me by patting me on the head.

I also cried when I was watching them comforting me warmly.

My face... is somebody touching my face?

Oh, Conrad is wiping off my tears with his hand.

This seems real. Conrad is smiling at me and still comforting me.

His expression at me makes me cry. He is showing a face that does not show pity but a face that is so caring and tender that does not judge.

My heart swells while looking at his face. I covered my face to not let him see me crying anymore with my hands but he brought it down.

"I don't like seeing you crying but if anything, you can cry on me."

He pulled me towards to his body and he hugged me.

My tears stopped and I accepted his hug by hugging him too.

After a few moments, he slightly pushed me away then he half-kneeled in front of me.

He is grabbing something at the back of his pocket.

W-what is this?! Is he proposing?!!!

I suddenly got nervous.

After grabbing something at his pocket, a red velvety box just appeared before me.

He opened the box and it is indeed a proposal ring.

My eyes became wide and round when I saw a diamond ring that is shaped as a flower. There is a diamond in each petal.

"Athena..."

The moment I looked at his face, Conrad's face suddenly changed into Charles's face.

I was taken aback seeing his face.

"Will you marry me?" Charles smirked at me and his words keep repeating asking me to marry me.

I suddenly woke up.

However, the moment I woke up, I am now seeing Charles's sleeping face in front of me. He's very close to me.

I startled when I realized I am inside his blanket.

He opened his sleepy eyes and he placed his hand on my cheek and he caressed it.

"Did you have a scary dream? You were crying in the middle of the night. I didn't bother to wake you up." He said this with a raspy voice.

I awkwardly scooted a few inches away from him.

"R-really? I didn't know that..."

Looking at him with his just woke up look is divine. He looks handsome in this close proximity.

"Come here." He scooted towards me and hugged me.

W-wait!!! My heart is not ready with this kind of thing and my heart is racing crazy right now!

"I calmed you down by hugging you like this. You didn't you realize it?"

"No, I d-didn't realize it... Did I bother your sleep?" I asked.

"No, in the first place, I wasn't able to sleep immediately because I was waiting for you to face me with your sleeping face."

He also added that when I turned to his side, that was the time I was seen and heard crying. He was able to sleep when he calmed me down.

He asked what bad dream did I have. I told him I dreamt about some of my high school classmates being so mean to me.

He gently rubbed my back.

"There, there. I'll make you forget that bad dream."

This is embarrassing but at the same time it's comforting.

"Is that all? No other bad dreams?" He asked.

I think it's not a bad dream that dreamt about him proposing to me with a smug on his face. I didn't bother to tell him this.

Thinking about that dream makes me more conscious about Charles.

He hugged me tighter and told me that he wishes me to stay like this close to him

"I can't breathe!"

He immediately released me and apologized.

I sat upright and stretched his arms. He looked at his phone placed above the side table beside him.

"My alarm is about to ring. It's time to get ready for work."

I sit up straight and stretched as well.

To my surprise, he kissed my forehead.

I suddenly felt my cheeks got hotter.

"Your lips is much better but I have to restrain myself." He proudly said this to me.

"Y-you're saying embarrassing things first thing in the morning! Stop that!" I awkwardly said.

I jumped out from his bed, grabbed my pillow, blanket, and my sheep plushie then hurriedly rushed outside out of his room and I returned to my apartment.

The moment I went back to my apartment, I threw myself on to the bed and I screamed on my pillow.

Charles, you make my heart pound so easily nowadays. I even dreamt of him proposing to me.

Am I beginning to appreciate him now?

.
.
.
.
.
.

I am currently having push ups on the floor. This is my everyday morning routine to keep myself be pumping for the rest of the day.

While having push ups, events from last night is replaying on my mind.

Does she frequently have nightmares like that? Her past really gave her trauma if it's like that.

Wait a minute. I gave her a hard time in the past... Am I included in her nightmare?!

I sat on the floor, grabbed the towel placed on the chair beside me and I wiped my sweat.

Damn. Even though she said she dreamt her high school classmates, I have a feeling she didn't tell me I was in it since she's very considerate.

She hasn't really forgave me from what I did to her in the past and seeing her outburst months ago made me realize she was really hurt considering she's been experiencing bad relations with her peers for years.

Seeing her cry and having a nightmare made me miserable. It's painful to know that I added some misery to her trauma.

She's also suffering from a brokenheart from the voice actor she liked.

She has a lot on her plate. Imagine how can she handle that large emotional pain she's going through.

I was glad I somehow calmed her down and wiped her tears. She was grabbing my shirt tightly while crying.

Now that I'm her boyfriend, I shall make her free from all her misery.

It was a miracle she agreed to be my girlfriend even if I'm just a rebound for now.

It was also a miracle that she was chosen to be with me in this three-month long business trip.

I am given a chance to reconnect with her.

I'm confident that I somehow made my way to her heart, I hope that is the case.

.
.
.
.
.
.

It's already December. I'm having my best time of my life here in Japan.

They were amazing. My Japanese coworkers were so friendly and it's nothing compared to the American branch.

I don't know. I feel comfortable with everyone here.

Next month, specifically the third week of January, Charles and I will be going home.

Conrad will be going back to America after the new year.

Maria, Conrad and I had so much time hanging out around tourist spots around Japan.

Charles and I were having dates for a few times but I hang out more with Maria and Conrad.

Charles doesn't mind me hanging a lot with the both of them because he understands that I am best friends with them.

Though, he has a condition that I should not hang out alone with Conrad.

Well, I understand his sentiments because I'm currently in a relationship with him.

It will be Christmas next week and on the 23rd, we'll be having a Christmas party at Lotus.

Maya will be coming home for Christmas at the 22nd so she will able to join us at the party. Charles will join too.

Charles and I are currently shopping for the exchange gift event of the party. The drawing of lots to know who will receive your gift will take place at the day of the party so we better buy a gift gender friendly.

It's a weekend today and it is a matter of days before the 23rd so we're buying gifts right now.

"What should I buy. There's a lot of things at this store you can choose from."

"Since I don't know who'll I pick, I have purchased a gift voucher to a fine dining restaurant for two." Charles said.

"That's expensive. You should have bought something more simpler gift." I reprimanded him.

"Why not? I think it's a good gift. It's safer and I bet everyone who will receive this kind of gift will be delighted."

Yeah, it's safe because it's gender safe and even I will be delighted to receive that kind of gift. Well, if that he wants then so be it.

He can afford it anyway. He has a high salary than me since he has a higher position than me.

I've been wanting to give a practical gift within my budget. I can't seem to choose one.

"Hey, can I go to the stores over there? You can take your time choosing for the gift." Charles pointed out the stores outside.

Oh no, I've been keeping him waiting. We've been here for half an hour and I still can't find any that I seem to like for the gift. All the items here are good, you see.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You could go and take a walk or anything. I'll contact you if I'm done." I said.

"Okay then." He walked out of the store then he went on his way.

He got bored... He thinks I'm too slow...

Anyways, I better find something good in this store!

.
.
.
.
.
.

I finally bought a gift that seemed nice for the party.

I bought a metal bottle with a detachable tea infuser inside it.

Very handy if you wanted tea in your bottle whenever you like.

I had it gift wrapped and I walked outside the store. I stayed for almost an hour and thirty minutes in the store!

That store has almost everything so I had a hard time choosing for the gift.

As I was about to grab my phone to contact Charles, I heard Charles's voice calling my name.

Oh, he is walking towards me.

"Where did you go?" I asked.

"I was just window-shopping. Japanese goods are so interesting after all." He said.

He added that he was sitting on the bench while he was waiting for me to go out of the store after he was window-shopping.

"Let's hold hands while we're going home. It's getting chilly." He said.

I immediately held his hand but he suddenly removed hand from me.

"That surprised me. You usually think twice whenever I ask permission to hold your hand."

I became so flustered.

"What? Y-you don't like it?" I pouted at him.

Charles laughed at me and he held my hand then intertwined with it.

"That's an another first. You are giving me surprises lately." He said.

I yanked my hand from him and I faced my back.

"If you don't like it then I'm going home first!" I defensively said this to him.

He suddenly appeared in front of me and he held my hand again.

"I like it. I find it cute that you are getting more active. Please continue what you are doing to me." He said this with a smile.

Ack! His smile... Now I get it why ladies at our company falls in love with this guy.

I think I'm turning like one of those ladies at work!

He was mean all the time at me so that's why I haven't realize this side of his. This side of his for being a charming guy really did its work to make me fluster to an extent.

This guy...!

"Are you falling for me yet? I like your expression right now." He is grinning at me.

I pulled his hand and I forced him to walk.

"Come on! Let's go home!" I defensively changed the subject and we're now on our way home while holding hands.

.
.
.
.
.
.

It's the 23rd of December already. It's a good thing I didn't have a recording session today so I got a lot of time before the party starts.

Maya, who just arrived yesterday from America, is with me at a salon to have a hair treatment.

It's a perfect time to pamper my hair and scalp to look good for the party.

"We're not attending a big party so why do we have to have our hair done?" Maya asked.

"I'm not doing this just for the party but it's just a maintenance for my hair. Beauty is maintenance, right?" I said.

Both of us are under of a hair steamer each.

While waiting for the hair steamer to finish its job, I finally mentioned her about her brother and Athena.

Maya doesn't know this until today.

"I was tired yesterday to ask brother Conrad about that. So he really confessed to her but why did Athena rejected him?"

I took a deep breath and told her what happened.

Maya is in total shock. She is confused to why Athena accepted Charles since he is so bad with her.

"Apparently, she's giving him a chance. They seem getting along well nowadays."

"How are things between brother and Athena? Did brother have a heartbroken session while I was gone?" She asked.

I shook my head and told her that nothing has changed between them and Conrad still hasn't gave up on her.

"Does he still have a chance? You said Charles and Athena gets along well."

"Well, Conrad told me she is not set yet with him since she is just giving a chance." I said.

"Poor brother Conrad... Another heartbreak from the girl he likes." Maya said this in a dismayed manner.

Well, it's good that Conrad is confident that he can get her but how long his confidence will last?

.
.
.
.
.
.

Maya and I went inside Lotus. We were welcomed by Kenjiro.

"Oh, you both look beautiful." Kenjiro said this while holding a silver tray with a tongs at the counter.

My heart suddenly felt fuzzy when I heard his complement.

Kenjiro still looks good on his usual black pastry chef uniform with rolled sleeves up until the middle of his forearm.

It's been too long since I went back to this shop and to his family house ever since Maya went away for college this year.

"Maria, you rarely go here ever since Maya went for college. Mother has been wanting to see you." Kenjiro said.

"My schedule's been jam-packed
Sorry about that." I brightly smiled at him.

"No problem-o. Conrad is over there at the first private room. You could go there now." He pointed out the room.

I suggested that he should come and join us but he declined because he will be busy since it today is one of the busiest day since Christmas day is coming.

I was kind of disappointed that he'll not be joining... There's nothing I could do.

I handed a paper bag out to him that I'm holding to give his gift.

"Oh thanks. By the way, I also have a gift for you. It's better if I hand it out to you now before I get busy."

He went inside their staff room with the gift I gave him and he went out holding a small paper bag then he gave it to me.

"We've been exchanging gifts every year so expect my gift the same as usual." He said.

"Oh please. I'm not expecting an extravagant gift from you. Any gift will do!" I happily smiled at him.

Kenjiro and I are close ever since I became the girlfriend of Conrad way back in high school.

During the time Conrad and I broke up, my friendship with Kenjiro never changed up until now.

However, I know for myself that I'm beginning to look at him more than a friend after I broke up from my latest ex.

He was always there for me whenever I have guy problems. That's probably the time I start to feel different for him.

Maya's actually one of my main excuses for me to go into their house before she went for college this year.

Aside from being busy, ever since Maya went to college, I don't have any other excuse to go to their house.

I'm quite shy if I go alone to their house.

He's just my happy crush. I'm not that serious with him.

Me having a crush on my ex's brother is kind of... weird and out of the norm.

Well, it's just a crush. Nothing serious.

"It's a perfume inside. The brand that you like." Kenjiro said.

"That again? Do I stink?" I jokingly said.

"How rude. I didn't say anything like that. You just said that any gift will do."

I laughed and told him that I was joking. I'm thankful he considered what I like for my gift.

I told him what gift I bought for him.

"You'll find it useful. It's a massage roller for your legs and back."

He looked excited and happy.

"Thanks! Perfect for me who stands for long periods of time."

He looks cute in showing his excited self.

He grabbed the silver tray he set aside earlier.

"Well, I better get going. Customers at this time will definitely flock here for takeouts." He said.

As I heard the door chime indicating someone has come inside the store, Kenjiro dropped the silver tray he was holding.

Both of us immediately bent down to pick up the tray he dropped.

"Hey, is there something--" I paused when I saw his current expression.

He looked nervous with a flushed expression.

"Are you both okay?"

I looked up and it was Athena who is looking at us from outside of the counter. Kenjiro and I are inside of the counter area.

Kenjiro immediately stood up without picking up the tray.

"Oh, it's nothing! My hand slipped. Conrad's at the private room over there." He is overly smiling at Athena.

Athena thanked him.

I stood up with the tray and Athena greeted me.

"Come on, Maria. Let's go to were Conrad is!" She excitedly said this.

"Yeah. I'll be there in a minute!"

Charles greeted me and he followed Athena going to wear Conrad is.

When both of them are out of sight, Kenjiro let out a big sigh.

Oh no. What is this feeling I'm getting from him?

»»»»»End of Chapter 60«««««

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

447K 8.6K 34
- They were lethal in a battle, but around each other they melted. "Are you wet for me? Is your sweet pussy aching for my cock?" Dante teased as his...
4.4K 273 32
////COMPLETED///// πŸ‘€What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Its something Athena always believed throughout her childhood. She was a softie, but...
572 40 14
ππ‡π˜π’π‚π„ πŒπ„π€πƒπŽπ–π’ a name unheard of. Except by one, of course. The one who simply got away. Five years ago her best friend moved to a diffe...
2.5M 90.4K 63
(BOOK 2 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) EXCERPT: "I don't get you. At times you're trying to kill me and then you're seducing me. I can't seem to fig...