Back to the Sixties: Farm, Ge...

By sleeplesskoi

Lin Qing He transmigrated into a novel and became one of its cannon fodders. The novel's background is non-vi... More

Chapter 461-465
Chapter 466-470
Chapter 471-475
Chapter 476-480
Chapter 481-485
Chapter 486-490
Chapter 491-495
Chapter 496-500
Chapter 501-505
Chapter 506-510
Chapter 511-515
Chapter 516-520
Chapter 521-525
Chapter 526-530
Chapter 531-535
Chapter 536-540
Chapter 541-545
Chapter 546-550
Chapter 551-555
Chapter 556-560
Chapter 561-565
Chapter 566-570
Chapter 571-575
Chapter 576-580
Chapter 581-585
Chapter 586-590
Chapter 591-595
Chapter 596-600
Chapter 606-610
Chapter 611-615
Chapter 616-620
Chapter 621-625
Chapter 626-630
Chapter 631-640
Chapter 641-650
Chapter 651-660
Chapter 661-670
Chapter 671-677

Chapter 601-605

9 1 0
By sleeplesskoi

BTTS 601

 Chapter 601. Diet

Lin Qing He doesn't really care about the matter of whether little Mi Mi looking pretty or not.

As long as daughter was safe, healthy and feel positive, she is the most beautiful in her eyes no matter what other thinks. If she looks good and doesn't have a good heart, she was ugly no matter how pretty.

However, Lin Qing He didn't say this. She knew that she got to be the strict mother even if she didn't want to.

After a child is born, they were like a blank sheet of paper. What kind of growth will depend on the teachings of the adults. The importance of education was evident.

She didn't let her little girl stay in the room. Instead, she carried her out.

Father Zhou and Mother Zhou loved her. Old Wang too. After all, she was fair and tender. Her round eyes looked at you. No matter how hard the heart was, it can become soft at this sight.

Here, a large family ate dinner. The sleeping Mi Mi was set down sleep. Lin Qing He and Zhou Qing Bai went to the bathhouse first before coming back feeling refreshed

Then they led the two brothers back home.

"The room has been cleaned. The bedding has been replaced with new cotton bedding. It is absolutely warm and won't freeze my sister." Zhou Gui Lai stated.

His sister was currently in his arms. The way he held her was quite proper.

Lin Qing He and Zhou Qing Bai entered the house and felt completely at ease. It was still home the most relaxing and comfortable.

Of course, there was no problem in Hai City. It was just there wasn't a sense of belonging. But when returning to this small flat, it felt different.

Aunt Ma, Huang Xiao Liu, and Ma Cheng Min came over.

After not seeing for half a year, they naturally came here to catch up. But because the time is late, and they just arrived, they let whatever needed to be said for tomorrow.

So they didn't stay too long after dropping by.

Daughter was left to Zhou Qing Bai to care. Lin Qing He asked Second: "Did anything happen with the businesses?"

"None. Mom you can rest assure. You have been tired for a day. Go rest early." Zhou Xuan urged.

Lin Qing He didn't say much. She went to sleep with Zhou Qing Bai first. As for their daughter, she slept next to Zhou Qing Bai, covered with her own quilt. Quite warm.

In the middle of the night, Lin Qing He got up and fed her twice while half asleep. Then she slept soundly until dawn. So did Mi Mi.

Speaking of which, this little girl was very easy to mind.

Zhou Qing Bai was clearly drained. Because he got home and felt relaxed, he hadn't gotten up when Lin Qing He got up in the morning.

Lin Qing He knew that in the middle of the night last night, he took their little girl out to coax to sleep before bringing her back in. Basically it was like this since their little girl was born.

It was true that Lin Qing He had it hard during her pregnancy. It was just as hard for him when taking care of the baby.

Now that they were go home, they were more at ease. Don't have to get up so early.

Lin Qing He got up first, brushed her teeth and washed her face. She saw that Second had already bought buns and soy milk back. He got them from his youngest uncle.

When it comes to eating steamed buns, his youngest uncle was the first choice. It was absolutely delicious, clean, and good value.

"Mom, you want breakfast? When Dad gets up later, I will warm up his." Zhou Xuan said.

"Has Third got up?" Lin Qing He spit out toothpaste foam and asked.

"Not yet. I'll call him." Zhou Xuan responded.

They didn't have the winter vacation yet and still had to go to class after eating. Third woken up and came out with a messy hair.

Lin Qing He finished washing up. She had noticed his hair yesterday. She eyed at him and said, "It should be time for a haircut?"

"Is it long?" Third touched his hair.

"Long." Lin Qing He nodded while eating the bun.

"I want to change my hair style. I don't want to shave my hair anymore. I haven't changed it since I was young. It's time for a change." Third said.

Lin Qing He let him be. He was a seventeen-year-old boy. Occasionally being stupid was inevitable.

"Mom, I thought you were going to be as fat as Aunt and Sister San Ni. How do you maintain yourself? Not much different from when you left." Third grinned when he came back after brushing his teeth.

"Dare to comment about your aunt and others?" Lin Qing He glared at him.

"I was just curious? I saw Sister Er Ni gotten fat before. Since it’s not easy to take of twins, she became thin from exhaustion. Mom, your figure is much better than before. This skin too. Which part of you looked like you had given birth? Simply look like you gone for spa." Third said.

Lin Qing He was pleased with all the compliments, "Don't talk too much. Hurry up and eat. It's time to go to class  after eating."

She also had to make a trip the school. She planned to go to the principal to ask about the translation matter. Otherwise it would be taking up the dormitory allocated to her by the school for nothing.

Zhou Gui Lai commented while eating, "Dad has gained a lot of weight."

Originally his dad was not small in height. Now he can be said to be more burly. He had the temperament of a pork seller. Not as lean and healthy as before.

Lin Qing He was a little worried about Zhou Qing Bai getting the three highs, so she instructed: "After school, come home as early as possible and mind your sister. Let your dad exercise."

Her family Qing Bai had made the meals bountiful during her post-natal confinement. She ate it as  she didn't want to waste his thought and had to breastfeed little Mi Mi. She just controlled her diet very well.

So most of it was eaten by Zhou Qing Bai. He can't stand waste. On top of that, he had no time exercise due to minding the baby. Like this, his weight soared.

Yesterday, Zhou Xiao Mei kept teasing her fourth brother. Asking why he gotten fat when it was Fourth Sister-in-law who given birth. It got to be around thirty jins.

However, Mother Zhou was smiling from corner to corner. Obviously in the eyes of her generation, being fat was a blessing.

In private, she told her to pay attention to her body and not to starve herself.

Probably because of the stimulation from that grandson, Mother Zhou had more sense of belongingness with her daughter-in-law. She felt that she had expected Xu Sheng Qiang to cause trouble when she disallowed him to come.

Back then, she had blamed her daughter-in-law.

Lin Qing He didn't mind her. The elderly wasn't young, in her seventies. As long as it wasn't a matter of principle, she won't say anything. Just go along.

Zhou Xuan and Zhou Gui Lai agreed. Before going to school, they went in to check their sister. She was sleeping soundly. Only then, they left in content.

Zhou Qing Bai got up after 7 o'clock. After steaming it, the buns and soy milk became hot.

Only two buns and a bowl of soy milk were left.

"Start going on a diet to lose weight." Lin Qing He told him. Earlier, she urged Second and Third to eat more.

Zhou Qing Bai smilingly glanced at her: "Don't like me?"

"I do like you. It's just that you gained a lot of flesh now. You should pay attention to your diet at your age." Lin Qing He rubbed his belly and replied.

"I can lose the weight in half a month." Zhou Qing Bai stated. Not taking these flesh on his body seriously at all.

BTTS 602

 Chapter 602. Business

It didn't take long for Zhou Kai and the others to attend to school. Aunt Ma came over. They didn't go to open a dumpling shop today because they planned to change hands and return it to Zhou Qing Bai.

Zhou Qing Bai took over. After all, he had said it before, just temporarily lending it her to run.

"How is the business this year?" Lin Qing He merrily asked Aunt Ma.

"It's really good." Aunt Ma said with a blooming smile on her face.

Needless to say, Lin Qing He and Zhou Qing Bai knew how the dumpling shop business was. There was no need to hide.

After borrowing the dumpling shop for more than half a year, Aunt Ma made a fortune with her daughter-in-law, Huang Xiao Liu. A few hundred yuan income each month was a definite.

"That's good." Lin Qing He nodded.

However, because she had tasted the sweetness of doing business, Aunt Ma wanted to take her daughter-in-law out and open one. She was felt embarrassed about that.

After listening to her, Lin Qing He expressed that she didn't mind: "Auntie, if you want to do it, then do it. It's okay."

Anyone who saw the profit of doing business would be moved. Aunt Ma wanted to open a shop by herself, so she needed to hire another dishwasher here. This was easy.

"Alright then. I will definitely set the shop further away." Aunt Ma nodded and stated.

Lin Qing He didn't say anything.

Aunt Ma took Huang Xiao Liu back home. Then Lin Qing He spoke, "I don't know if Ma Cheng Min will resign and go alone."

Zhou Qing Bai responded, "Call him over and ask."

Lin Qing He went to call Ma Cheng Min. Ma Cheng Min shook his head: "As long as you don't dismiss me, I plan to keep doing this."

He liked a stable life, not a life full of uncertainty.

Lin Qing He paid him a high salary, which was enough for his family to live a good life and have a small savings.

At Ma Cheng Min's age, he just wanted to stability.

About his mom wanting to open a dumpling shop with his wife, Ma Cheng Min didn’t stop them. It was only his mom and his wife running a dumpling shop. He wanted to keep his stable income so that there will be no worries no matter what the family’s situation would become.

"In this case, there is no problem. I will raise your salary to one hundred next year. You should work hard." Lin Qing He told.

Ma Cheng Min merrily acknowledged. As for other people's wages, Lin Qing He didn't plan to increase it. Wait until the following year.

A rise in two years.

After Ma Cheng Min left, Lin Qing He started to settle this year’s accounts. But halfway through, her little girl woke up. Zhou Qing Bai went to change the diaper and wash her bottom. Only when she was clean up, did he carry over their hungry girl who was about to cry.

Lin Qing He helplessly carried the troublesome little girl inside to feed.

Zhou Qing Bai began to look through this year's ledgers. Carefully examining each one line even though his son generally didn't make mistakes.

Lin Qing He brought out this little girl after the feeding session and put her next to Zhou Qing Bai. She let her lie down by herself.

"I'm going to school." Lin Qing He said.

"Okay." Zhou Qing Bai nodded. He wanted to stay at home and continue to look at the account book as he mind his daughter.

As for the dumpling shop, it was temporarily closed today. It will remain closed until he adapts to life her. Then he'll decide on the opening.

Because there was a baby at home, Lin Qing He didn't stay out for too long. The trip took about an hour. When she came back, she brought a lot of books back, all of which needed to be translated.

"So much?" Zhou Qing Bai was mostly done with his check. He glanced at the stack of books and blurted.

"To save me the trip of going there often, I brought these back. Making one trip each month is enough." Lin Qing He replied, "From tomorrow, you can open your dumpling shop."

"Okay." Zhou Qing Bai nodded. Still, he went to get a sign and wrote out the business hours.

Open from 6:30 in the morning to 9 in the morning, then from 11:30 to 2:00, and from 4:30 to 7:30.

Adding it up, it is open for eight hours a day.

Lin Qing He took a look and didn't think there was any problem. Eight hours a day wasn't short. She said: "As for the dishwashing, ask the temporary worker from before. Her work attitude is very serious and cherish this job."

Zhou Qing Bai spoke: "Wife, watch Mi Mi. I will go out and talk to her."

Lin Qing He had no objection. Because the business hours were so short now, the salary level wasn't as high as before. The pay was fifty yuan.

Aunt Ma had worked for many years before getting that salary.

This will gradually increase. Still, fifty yuan wasn't little. Even during this year of salary reform, there were still jobs with a monthly salary of twenty to thirty yuan.

Relatively speaking, fifty yuan wasn't a small sum.

Zhou Qing Bai went over. That old Madam Hu agreed at once. She would do it even at 50 yuan!

Originally, the conditions at home were generally poor. She and her partner didn't have a job. Which often made their two daughter-in-laws, who squeezed together with them, express disdain!

"I open the shop at half past six. Aunt Hu, you can go over at seven," Zhou Qing Bai told.

"Alright. I keep this in mind." Old Madam Hu merrily said and sent him out.

Zhou Qing Bai went to make a call and asked his mutton suppliers and pork suppliers about the price. At the end of this year, it had went up by a dime.

Still, Zhou Qing Bai ordered a large quantity. In this weather and a freezer, and it no problem to keep it for a while.

Zhou Qing Bai, who was about to return to work again, was in a very good mood. Even though their family didn't lack the dumpling shop's profit, as a person, he needed a mental sustenance.

He didn't rush home either. Instead, he drove the car around and checked around all the shops under their name.

When he came to the dry good shop, he grabbed two jin of fish gelatin and sea cucumbers. All of these was for his wife to eat.

"Fourth Uncle, Fourth Aunt likes to eat sweet potatoes. I picked them from the market in the morning. They are fragrant and sweet. Fourth Aunt will definitely like them. Take some back." Zhou San Ni carried a bag of sweet potatoes over and spoke.

"Okay." Zhou Qing Bai didn't refuse his niece's kindness. He accepted it and asked: "I just went to see the other shops. When I passed by, I saw you that you rented out your shop?"

"Yes. Don't want to do business for the time being. Just putting it on hold." Zhou San Ni responded.

Zhou Qing Bai nodded. Anyway, they bought the shop. It was fine to open it later.

When he came back, his little girl hadn't woken up yet. Lin Qing He had already dug into the translation work.

"Wife, do you want to go for a walk?" Zhou Qing Bai asked.

"Of course." Lin Qing He amusedly gave him an eye roll. Now they came back, they had to go for a walk no matter what.

However, right now couldn't do. Have to wait for little Mi Mi to wake up and feed her before going out. That way their mind won't always a niggling feeling of unease.

"Is everything done?" Lin Qing He asked.

"En." Zhou Qing Bai nodded. It wasn't a big deal.

BTTS 603

 Chapter 603. Disband

At noon, they cooked and ate at the dumpling shop. Not at home. The oily smoke was too strong and made the place stuffy. It was better to make it at the dumpling shop.

"This sweet potato isn't bad." Lin Qing He remarked while eating sweet potato with vegetables.

"San Ni said it was tasty and told me to bring it over." Zhou Qing Bai spoke.

Lin Qing He asked, "How is San Ni and Pang Pang?"

"Do you still have to ask? Of course, they are well. Sister San Ni has gained a lot of weight. While Pang Pang has live up to his name. Plump like a ball." Zhou Gui Lai said.

Then Lin Qing He turned to Hu Zi and Gang Zi: "How are your business?"

"Quite good." Hu Zi grinned.

"How is the account book sorted?" Lin Qing He raised an eyebrow.

Both Hu Zi and Gang Zi were froze. "Nothing done. They are combined together."

"How can the accounts be mixed together? You both do your own things. Naturally, you have to separate the accounts. Even biological brothers must have clear accounts. One yard is one yard." Lin Qing He frowned.

"It's fine. My brother and I sell almost the same amount. My brother take sixty percent, I take forty." Gang Zi smiled.

"Then starting from today, don't mix up. You two make your own money." Lin Qing He stated.

After all, Hu Zi was someone with a match. The two brothers didn't care about this, but having a sister-in-law was a completely different scenery.

So this account should be calculated separately. Lin Qing He gave precaution in advance.

"Elder Brother, let's separate it today, alright?" Gang Zi turned to his elder brother and said.

"Okay." Hu Zi nodded.

Lin Qing He didn't say anything. It was because of being close, the money matter had to be clarified.

"I set up a stall on the old street in the morning and bumped into Sheng Qiang." Gang Zi continued.

"What about it? Is it worth mentioning?" Zhou Gui Lai rolled his eyes.

"From what I see, he seem to have learned a lesson this time. He didn't have the previous emperor  act." Gang Zi commented.

"Come on .Second Brother-in-law fished him out and got him to only lose money. He didn't even say a thank you. You're telling me he changed his act?" Zhou Gui Lai responded.

"If he really changed, go about his own life properly. No need to come give thanks." Zhou Xuan said.

"I want to make more cured meat tomorrow. Have you ordered the pork?" Lin Qing He stopped participating in this topic and asked Zhou Qing Bai.

"I did." Zhou Qing Bai confirmed.

Lin Qing He nodded. After eating, she rode out on a bicycle and went out to feel the wind. As for the youngest, she was already fed. So she didn't worry about her for a short time. Her dad and two older brothers were present.

"Dad, Second Brother and I will come back early in the evening. You have to go to lose weight. Look how fat you are. This is almost two hundred jins," Third said.

Zhou Qing Bai glanced at him. Zhou Gui Lai grinned and didn't dare to speak any more.

"Do your own business properly." Zhou Qing Bai looked at his two nephews, Hu Zi and Gang Zi, and stated.

"En." Hu Zi and Gang Zi both nodded. They understood what their uncle meant.

Lin Qing He, who was riding a bicycle, dropped by their family's shops and checked them all.

Then she saw Zhou Si Ni and Weng Guo Dong at the beverage shop.

"I was wondering why you didn't go our side to eat." Lin Qing He jollily said.

Zhou Si Ni blushed and looked at Weng Guo Dong. Weng Guo Dong was very calm: "Auntie Lin, I just took Si Ni out for a meal."

Lin Qing He nodded and said, "Do you have any plans for next year?"

"I plan to get married." Weng Guo Dong stated.

Zhou Si Ni blushed, "Don't say so much. Talk about it after you go back to see my family."

Weng Guo Dong didn't say anything. From the looks of it, he was persistent on decision.

"Si Ni, once you marry, will you still to go to work?" Lin Qing He asked.

"Of course I will. How can I not go to work?" Zhou Si Ni looked directly at Weng Guo Dong as she spoke.

She liked this job. And with a career, she felt at ease. After all, she was marrying up. Without a job, how can she stand it?

Want her to be at home every day? She wasn't someone who can stay idle.

Weng Guo Dong said: "You have to cook."

"Three meals a day will be prepared for you. I have to go to work though!" Zhou Si Ni maintained.

Weng Guo Dong acknowledged with an ‘en’. This made Zhou Si Ni let out a breath. Then as if she suddenly remember something, her face went all red.

As soon as she looked up, she saw her fourth aunt grinning: "It seems the after-marriage arrangements has been settled. Then I leave you guys be. Once Guo Dong gets his holiday, take Guo Dong back. "

She knew that Sister Weng was in a hurry. So her side didn't push Weng Guo Dong and Zhou Si Ni. She headed to the cigarette shop and took a look.

Then she came to the small workshop.

Lin Qing He only opened this small workshop and produced the clothes herself because those garment factory didn't keep their words. However, it was a small workshop. Even with a two-shift system, the income was extremely low. After all, there was labor cost to take in consideration.

So Lin Qing He planned to finish this year and not continue anymore.

Lin Qing He intended to set aside this warehouse for dry seafood goods and tea. She planned to renovate it and divide it into two rooms.

Dried seafood got smell, so they weren't suitable to put together with those for next year's tea business.

"This year, we will completely finish for holiday on tenth of December. At that time, I will pay extra half a month's salary to everyone. From then on, this small workshop will not be opened." Lin Qing He straightforwardly announced when she came over.

At first, everyone was very happy to hear the first half. They never thought it'll suddenly not open. Everyone couldn't accept it for a while.

"Teacher Lin, why don't you want to open it all of a sudden? Everyone is doing a wonderful job." Chen Shan Shan's grandmother, old Madam Xu said at once.

"Now there are too many big factories. Our small workshop can't compete. So I don't plan to continue to open it. However in the last few days, everyone got to work hard and completed the work at hand. When the time comes, extra half month salary will be paid to everyone." Lin Qing He explained.

It was necessary decision. After all, everyone was a lot older and in the past few years, their salary wasn't low. It was impossible to work for a lifetime.

Hearing what she said, everyone understood that it was unchangeable. Everyone was down.

Some old ladies asked, "Teacher Lin, since you won't continue, what will you do with these sewing machines?"

"A sewing machine is fifty yuan. Anyone who wants it can buy it." Lin Qing He answered.

The sewing machine she bought were from her trip to the south in the past. Later more were added to here. Altogether, there were 20 sewing machines.

When buying it, it wasn't cheap at all. Now setting it at 50 yuan each was definitely a huge benefit.

Many eyes lit up. After all, this was what they do. Sewing machines was an essential to feed themselves.

Because there was another group, Lin Qing He intended to draw lots. But these matter were left until after the tenth.

BTTS 604

 Chapter 604. Put on the spot

"Mom, isn't the small workshop doing well. Why close it?" Zhou Gui Lai came back to ask his mom when he heard the news.

"Keep it as a warehouse. There will be a few tea shops opening next year. Just lack a warehouse." Lin Qing He told.

"You're going to open a lot of tea shops?" Zhou Gui Lai uttered.

"We'll see next year." Lin Qing He replied. The tea business was still very good. And the goods got long shelf life. So she planned to expand the tea business.

Zhou Gui Lai didn't say anything.

Zhou Xuan carried his sister out and spoke, "Mom, do you think Mi Mi is hungry?"

"What hungry? She must had pooped." Lin Qing He instructed: "Go clean her up before you brign her out."

"Second Brother, do you know how to? If you don't, let me." Zhou Gui Lai said.

"Go fetch hot water." Zhou Xuan waved his hand. He had seen his dad clean her up. What was so hard?

The two brothers worked together to help their sister change the diaper. Zhou Gui Lai commented, "Such a little thing actually pooped so much!"

"If you eat more, you will poop more. You used to poop more than her. Hurry up and wash." Lin Qing He responded.

Dirty diapers must be cleaned before they can be washed in the washing machine. Otherwise, they don't want the washing machine anymore, right?

Zhou Gui Lai did it without complaint and swiftly washed it. Although it was disgusting, he wasn't against it.

No matter how disgusting it was, that was his little sister.

Old Zhang Family from next door saw him washing the dirty diapers. They knew Zhou Qing Bai and Lin Qing He had come back. Don't need to ask to know that they had given birth.

When old Madam Zhang passed by, she didn't give Zhou Gui Lai any good expression. Zhou Gui Lai ignored this little old lady.

They didn't dare to make irresponsible remarks before. Now even more so. Zhang Mei Lian had some money before. But after Xu Sheng Qiang's incident, their vitality was greatly injured.

How could they possibly dare to provoke old Zhou Family now?

Zhang Mei Lian brought back the living expenses. Although she lost a lot of money last time, she thought it through. What was gone was gone.

However, since it was the end of the year, the clothing store business was still very good. Got to buy new clothes for the New Year. So handle right now first.

She gave 30 yuan and a piece of meat.

Naturally, her sister-in-law, Mrs. Zhang was full of pretty words, "It is all thanks to your help toward the family, Youngest Sister. If not, the days will be very difficult. Your brother is only paid fifty yuan a month, which is really low. Relying on him alone, the whole family will have to drink northwest wind."

Zhang Mei Lian felt a little proud and said, "Telling Eldest Brother to come out and do it alone as early as possible. What can you do with fifty yuan a month? Go to my shop to get the goods and set up a stall. There is always seventy to eighty yuan a month."

Mrs. Zhang wasn't very pleased. What was the point of setting up a stall? How shameful was it? She didn't have the face to talk about it when she went back to maternal home.

"If it's a shop, it would be better," responded Mrs. Zhang.

"You have to have a good location to open a shop. It's not that easy to find. Otherwise, there is no business at all. Besides, it costs a lot to open a shop. You have money?" Zhang Mei Lian explained.

"Our family don't have much money. But don't we have you, Youngest Sister?" Mrs. Zhang looked at her.

"Sister-in-law, don't count on me. Last time Sheng Qiang compensated three thousand yuan, I still feel the pain. Our money is with him. I also want to borrow money to buy a shop! "Zhang Mei Lian rolled her eyes.

She can really dare to open her mouth. Want to borrow money from her to open a shop?

Mrs. Zhang felt dissatisfied on the inside, but she didn't dare to say anything now. After all, Zhang Mei Lian was rich and if she quarreled with her, she won't bring things home.

"The couple next door came back with their baby." Mrs. Zhang told.

"When did they return?" Zhang Mei Lian paused before asking.

"Just these few days." Mrs. Zhang replied: "Last time, old Zhou Family had contributed to the matter. Didn't your man go to say thank you?"

Zhang Mei Lian was dissatisfied with this matter. Xu Sheng Qiang was terrible at socialising.

"I heard that it's a girl. Go gift some baby stuff. After all, you need to get along with this family." Mrs. Zhang advised.

"Where's Mom?" Zhang Mei Lian asked.

"Gone out. Don't know what she's doing." Mrs. Zhang answered.

Zhang Mei Lian didn't say much and went back. Xu Sheng Qiang was watching at the shop. He was  smoking while doing that.

"I told you not to smoke in the shop. The smell is so unpleasant that people aren't willing to come in and buy!" Zhang Mei Lian angrily told off when she came in.

Xu Sheng Qiang glanced at her. Then he went out and smoked.  Once he was done, he came back in.

"I heard from my sister-in-law that your uncle and aunt came back after giving birth. We have to prepare something to send over." Zhang Mei Lian said.

"Don't bother. They probably don't consider me as their nephew now." Xu Sheng Qiang responded.

"Don't say so much. Just prepare the gift. Passing the the thought over is enough. Our shop has to rely on that side." Zhang Mei Lian stated.

Xu Sheng Qiang made no comment. Instead, he mentioned, "I called back the day before yesterday. My mother asked me, when will we have a baby?"

Zhang Mei Lian choked before answering, "Just haven't gotten pregnant yet, no?"

Xu Sheng Qiang stared at her. Zhang Mei Lian pursed her lips and continued: "Qiang Zi, do you disdain me? Dislike me for not birthing children?"

"No. Still, we got to have a child." Xu Sheng Qiang pulled out another cigarette and replied.

"Then I will go to the hospital to buy some medicine to consume." Zhang Mei Lian could only utter this.

However, her heart felt completely unsettled. The hospital said it wasn't that she couldn't get pregnant, but it was not so easy to.

Xu Sheng Qiang didn't say anything. He lowered his head and smoked.

Zhang Mei Lian ordered: "Don't go in and smoke. Go in after you finish. I'll talk to your sister."

Xu Sheng Qiang still remained silent. Zhang Mei Lian let him be and came to Zhao's house.

Xu Sheng Mei wasn't home at this time. She went to the shop. Zhao Jun came out to see her and grinned when he saw her: "Come in and sit?"

"No, just come to find Sheng Mei." Zhang Mei Lian blushed and said.

"Come in and wait for her. There is no one at home. Only the children." Zhao Jun stared at her as he spoke.

"Then I will go in for a moment." Zhang Mei Lian replied.

After going in, she stayed for a while. Zhao Jun sent her out when she came out. On the way Zhang Mei Lian came to the clothing store to look for Xu Sheng Mei. Her face was a little red.

Don't know what Zhao Jun meant. He touched her hand just now. It put her one the spot. Her heart was beating fast.

"What are you doing here?" Xu Sheng Mei had just handed the shop to the clerk to go home when she saw her coming. She directly uttered.

"I just came over to talk to you. I recently went back to my maternal home and heard that Uncle and Aunt brought a daughter back." Zhang Mei Lian told.

Xu Sheng Mei glanced at her and said, "I know."

"What do you want to send? At that time, help us deliver our shares together." Zhang Mei Lian asked.

BTTS 605

 Chapter 605. Get engaged first

Xu Sheng Mei had always found Zhang Mei Lian displeasing to the eye.

The last time she clearly wanted her to pay. In the end, she was forced pay 2,000 yuan to compensate with her. Only then, they pooled together 5,000 yuan to settle the matter.

However, on this matter, she didn't refuse.

"Just send some children's toys and clothes. There's nothing lacking on their side." Xu Sheng Mei said.

She need to go over and socialize with them.

Zhang Mei Lian went back to prepare. She prepared five sets of small clothes for babies and brought them to Xu Sheng Me.

Xu Sheng Mei took it with her.

When she arrived, Zhou Qing Bai happened to get off work and was at home. Lin Qing He went to visit Mother Weng.

"Uncle, I just heard that you and Aunt came back, so I brought Fan Fan over." Xu Sheng Mei smilingly said.

She didn't come alone. She had brought along her son. He was called Zhao Fan.

"This is the toy I prepared for my little cousin. There are small clothes inside as well. Those were prepared by Qiang Zi's wife. I brought them as well." Xu Sheng Mei handed a bag and smiled.

Hands don't hit those who smile. Zhou Qing Bai glanced at grandnephew in her arms and spoke, "Come in."

"I won't go in. This is Qiang Zi and I's thoughts. Uncle, please accept it." Xu Sheng Mei said.

Zhou Qing Bai took it and repeated, "Come in."

Xu Sheng Mei followed in with her son in her arm.

Little Mi Mi was currently sleeping. Zhou Qing Bai was about to settle the wages. With so many workers in the small workshop and having to pay out extra half a month, the expense was quite a sum.

"Uncle, is my little cousin sleeping?" Xu Sheng Mei merrily said.

"En." Zhou Qing Bai answered. He looked at her and spoke: "Now that the child is this big, properly live your life."

"I know. Uncle don't need to worry. Everything is fine." Xu Sheng Mei responded: "It's wonderful now. You have both son and daughter. My little cousin is blessed. She arrived when the family conditions are great."

Zhou Qing Bai let her to sit for a while before she go back. It was Xu Sheng Mei who mentioned it. Her visit was short.

When Lin Qing He came back, she noticed the things on the table and asked, "Who dropped by?"

"Sheng Mei brought her son over. These are from her and her brother." Zhou Qing Bai replied.

Lin Qing He frowned slightly. Zhou Qing Bai said, "It's just some baby clothes and toys."

Lin Qing He responded, "Does my daughter lack these? Save her thought and go about her own life. And I won't bother her!"

It made it seem like she was very thoughtful. Like being small-minded with her was her in the wrong. This was what made her dislike.

"I'll leave in a while." Zhou Qing Bai said soothingly.

Lin Qing He let him be. She went in to see her daughter and then instructed, "Those pork is not enough. Order more."

"Do you have to make so much this year?" Zhou Qing Bai uttered.

"Eldest will to take ten jins when he comes back during the New Year. Got to give our parents five jins. We'll eat it ourselves too and give Sister Weng a little. It's definitely not enough." Lin Qing He responded.

Zhou Qing Bai nodded: "I'll order more tomorrow."

Lin Qing He put down the bag she brought back and took out the small clothes from the inside. They were all prepared by Mother Weng. They were for about seven or eight months. It'll be summer at that time. Perfect.

Right now, little socks and the likes were all complete. They were Mother Weng's thoughts.

So Lin Qing He didn't care about the things Xu Sheng Mei brought. The siblings living their life well was enough. There was no need to come here.

Still, she came to exude her presence.

Lin Qing He watched Zhou Qing Bai do the calculations and said, "Done yet?"

"Almost." Zhou Qing Bai nodded. After dispersing the small workshop, the expense was a sum.

After all, it half a month extra. Which added up to a lot. Still, it needed to be paid out. After all, this was also severance pay.

Be more generous and it won't leave a bad impression on each other.

Little Mi Mi's cry sounded from the inside. Lin Qing He could only go in and carry the little girl out.

"The diaper must be wet." Zhou Qing Bai accepted and said. He took her into the room again. It was wet. Without hesitation, he changed the diaper and sprinkled talcum powder. Once cleaned up, she was carried out.

It was only about two hours since Lin Qing He left the house. So she wasn't very hungry. She didn't get fed.

The little girl was getting bigger now. Her awake moments were longer. At this time, she was quietly staying in her dad's arms and looking at the world with her eyes open. No crying or making trouble.

"If she doesn't cry, just let her be on her own. If you keep holding her like this, you will suffer when she's a little older." Lin Qing He gave him an eye-roll.

"I will still hold her when she is older." Zhou Qing Bai had expression on his face expressing daughter's ten thousands' matters must be satisfied.

Lin Qing He didn't want to watch his behavior anymore. She turned on the TV and watched it. She  grabbed an apple to munch on. Little Mi Mi, who was observing the world for more than half an hour, felt that she was hungry and started to dive into her dad's chest.

Seeing this action, Zhou Qing Bai laughed: "Wife, daughter is hungry."

What else could Lin Qing He do? She could only feed. With such a little one here, she always came and went in a hurry when she went out. Not daring to stay outside too long.

After the feeding, she handed her over to her dad and said: "Has Eldest called back?"

"He'll be back at the end of the month." Zhou Qing Bai stated.

Zhou Kai, who was far away at the base, had already started to pack his things at this time. He can go back on the 20th. Therefore, there were only more than ten days left. This year, he will be able to stay for more than half a month. The same old rules.

"I noticed the milk powder over at the city is pretty good. Do you want to buy some back?" When he dropped by that day, Weng Mei Jia asked him.

"I bought them all." Zhou Kai nodded.

"Alright then." Weng Mei Jia said: "I'm off three days earlier than you."

"Then wait for me to go back together. Treat it as overtime." Zhou Kai smilingly said.

"I called my mom. My mom asked if we should get engaged first during this return?" Weng Mei Jia looked at him as she mentioned.

Zhou Kai responded: "Go back and get engaged first."

Weng Mei Jia's delight on her face increased.

"I should be able to get a promotion again next year. Once I do, I will file the marriage report." Zhou Kai gazed at her and stated.

"En." When Weng Meijia heard this, her face turned red.

It went without saying, she was elated. After all, she was finally getting married.

Zhou Kai called the dumpling shop when he went back. He hadn't called for a while and wanted to ask when his parents will be in the capital.

As soon as the call connected, it was his dad who picked it up. Zhou Kai was surprised: "Dad, when did you return to the capital?"

"Got back a few days ago." Zhou Qing Bai answered: "When are you on holiday?"

Zhou Kai gave the time and Zhou Qing Bai said, "I will tell your mom."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 3.5K 24
"I only fuck girls who want to be fucked, flipped over and banged, Sunshine and..." "And that's what I want, daddy. Exactly what I want from you." * ...
781K 65.4K 34
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...
337K 10.8K 35
The Sokolov brothers are everything most girls want. Intimidating, tall, broody, they are everything to lust after. Not that they... particularly car...
407K 23.1K 42
The story continues to unfold, with secrets unraveling and new dangers lurking in the shadows. The Chauhan family must stay united and face the chall...