The Life Of A Motocross Girl

By EmsGallant98

Kaylie Skye isn't like any other 16 year old girl. She rides dirt bikes in a small town named Freetown. Freet... More

~Chapter 1~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 4~
~Chapter 5~
~Chapter 6~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter 11~
~Chapter 12~
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~Chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
~Chapter 19~
~Chapter 20~
~Chapter 21~
~Chapter 22~
~Chapter 23~
~Chapter 24~
~Chapter 25~
~Chapter 26~
~Chapter 27~
~Chapter 28~
~Chapter 29~
~Chapter 30~
~Chapter 31~

~Chapter 10~

2.4K 61 1
By EmsGallant98

" Shortie! Get up!"

I opened my eyes to see Jake leaning over me. " What time is it?" I asked, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

" 9. I'm leaving in an hour whether you are ready or not."

" Ok," I mumbled.

Jake left the room, and I walked slowly to my dresser. I grabbed a pair of clothes to wear underneath Jake's gear, and I rushed downstairs. I walked through the living room where Jake was watching TV, and then through the kitchen. My mom and great grandmother were sitting at the table. " Well, hello stranger!" My mom said cheerfully, smiling at me.

" Hi," I replied breathlessly, and went into the bathroom to change.

I did my hair, and put on a little bit of makeup. I put on a pair of light leggings and a t-shirt that says fox on it. I walked back out into the kitchen to see a Tim Horton's coffee cup and a bag beside it on the table. I looked at my mom. " Mine?"

She nodded. " Yeah. Your bike is already loaded. Just need to put your gear in the truck."

I pulled a chocolate chip muffin out of the bag, and drank my coffee. " So," I said, " How's life?"

" Really?" My mom laughed, " You make it sound like we are old and you moved out."

" Well I sort of did. I have been here for 2 weeks straight already."

" Well, nothing really happened. Oh! A new couple moved in beside us. They have 3 kids."

I looked at my mom, and my jaw dropped. " 3? No way."

" Yes way," My mom shrugged, taking a sip of her coffee, " the youngest is 2. Oldest is 10. The middle child is 5."

" You may have a babysitting job soon!" My great grandmother exclaimed, and I nearly choked on my coffee.

" I hope your joking," I said in a duh tone.

We continued chatting until 9:45am, and Jake tapped me on the shoulder. " Time to go," He said, looking over at my great grandmother, " Are you sure you aren't co-."

" I'm sure, Jake. But good luck, Kaylie!" She replied.

I smiled, and got up to hug her goodbye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived at Razy's 10 minutes after we left my house. Jake stopped the large, red Dodge truck in front of a small trailer. " I rented it for the day," He clarified, looking in the mirror at me, " I figured you would want some privacy. It has a small couch in it too."

" Jake that must've cost a fortune!" My mom exclaimed, smiling at him.

" Not really. Also... Diesel is in there waiting for you!"

I squealed, and pulled my helmet over my head. I jumped out of the truck, and ran to the trailer door. I opened it, and Diesel ran up to me, barking. " Hey, boy," I giggled, looking into his perfect blue eyes.

Jake came into the trailer a few minutes after, and sat down on the light brown couch. " So," He started, looking around, " The races you are in start at 12. You just race in one class, so we can start practicing around 11:30."

" How long is my race?"

" It's an Experienced race, so I think it was 10 laps?"

My jaw dropped. Thoughts like: Why would this fool enter me in an experienced race, and, I'm so excited for this! ran through my mind. Even if I don't place, I will still have fun trying.

11:30am came quickly. I pulled on Jake's gear, and tied my hair into a tight bun. I put the helmet on, and placed my orange goggles over my eyes. Jake held the door of the trailer open for me, and I saw my mom sitting out in the sun in her chair. She looked at me, and smiled. " Your race is first! So once they hand out the prizes for the Experienced Class we can leave right away if you want."

I nodded, and Jake took my bike off the stand. I jumped on, and kick-started it. " Okay," Jake yelled, " I want you to go around the track twice! I will watch you from the stands!"

I nodded my head, and put my bike into first. I let the clutch out slowly, and turned onto the track. Instantly, my heart races and I smiled at the adrenaline rush. I shifted to second, then third gear, and take the first jump with ease. There were 9 jumps in total, and none of them were really high.

I raced around, and did my first lap. A crowd had appeared, and it encouraged me to go faster. I finished my second lap, and saw Jake clapping and smiling on the stands. I drove over to the trailer, and my mom was taking pictures. " I would rather you be in your own gear, but this will do!"

I smiled, and placed my bike onto the stand. I felt a tap on my shoulder and saw a boy about 5 standing in front of me. " Can I get a picture?" He asked, his big blue eyes glowing.

His mom was smiling, and I nodded slowly. I stood beside the boy as the picture was taken, and he looked up at me. " Good luck in your race!"

" Thank you," I replied in my deepest voice.

He walked away, holding his mothers hand, and the loudspeaker buzzed to life. " First race is the Experienced Class! Can all riders make their way to the start line!"

I gasped, and Jake slapped my shoulder. " Ride like you did in practice, and you will for sure win."

" I will try," I said.

I kick-started my bike, and made my way to the start line. I positioned myself beside Mark, and another racer stopped beside me. I turned to see who it was, and noticed the green eyes staring back at me. Kolby.

" Race will begin in 3," The loudspeaker announced, " 2." I leaned forward. " 1! Go!"

I hit the throttle, and shifted to 3rd gear in less than 5 seconds. I was behind Mark for the first 2 laps, then I was in first for 4. Mark fell on the 3rd lap, and just layed on the ground motionless as we passed. For the next 3 laps, I was behind Kolby. The last lap would continue with me and Kolby neck and neck. Why does this have to be him beside me? I asked myself.

The last jump loomed ahead of me, and I instinctively pulled the throttle back as far as it would go. I launched into the air, and landed on the other side, perfectly. The checkered flag went down as I crossed it first, and I heard loud screams as I passed the bleachers. I smiled to myself, and turned into the middle of the track in front of the screaming crowd.

The awards person smiled at me, and she held out a check for $150 and gave me a pair of lime green gloves. " Congratulations."

I nodded in appreciation, and Cole pulled up next to me. " I want to see who you are. Take the helmet off, man."

Everyone continued saying this, so I sighed and undid the strap. I pulled it off my head, and the awards lady warmly smiled at me. " Kaylie," I introduced, shaking her hand.

The crowd gasped, and all the boys looked at me in shock. Except one was smiling like crazy. Kolby.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 8.2K 137
"๐‘ป๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’†'๐’” ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’๐’๐’š ๐’๐’ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’š ๐’๐’‡ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’Š๐’‡ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’Š๐’“ ๐’†๐’š๐’†๐’” ๐’š๐’๐’–'๐’๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’…๐’–๐’Ž๐’ƒ ๐’ƒ๐’๐’๐’๐’…๐’†."
196K 4.5K 67
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
82.1K 1.5K 52
You are Jonah's sister and you have been having suicidal thoughts, you were ready to give up and ended up doing some things to yourself... do you sur...
24.4K 422 51
what could happen in season 10 and what do we hope to see in season 10 from Stellaride๐Ÿฅฐโค