Slow motion || Colby Brock

By bitchyvvitchy

In which a girl meets a boy at karaoke night More

introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four

thirty

1.9K 41 14
By bitchyvvitchy

When I wake up the next morning, I wasn't feeling too great. My muscles were aching and my head was pounding.

This aching feeling was different than dancing all day. I felt like absolute shit. But I had to go to dance.

We have to start early on learning the dance. I sit up in the bed, a wave of nausea hitting me.

I closed my eyes, not wanting to throw up. I could feel something moving in the bed while I sat there.

"Cassie, you okay?" Colby rasped towards me. I just nodded, my nausea going away. I turn over to him. "I'm fine." I lie. I felt like shit.

But I wasn't going to tell him that. "Just have a headache." I tell him.

I try to get out of bed but my body is so weak, I almost fall over. "Cassie." Colby rushed over to me and grabbed my arm.

He looked at my arm and then at me. "You're burning up." He placed his free hand on my forehead.

I just shake my head while I try to stand back up. "Colby, I'm fine. I need to get to the studio." I try to tell him.

He's a lot stronger than me right now so he picked me up and put me back on the bed.

"I'm gonna go call Alex to tell him." He tells me reassuringly. I don't try to argue with him so I just let him walk out.

I hate being sick. I've been taking care of myself for so long, I don't like depending on people.

It just makes me feel bad, I don't want to mess up anyone's day. A few minutes go by and Colby's walking back in.

"Alex said everything's okay. He woke up sick too so he canceled class." He explained to me.

That sucks that he's sick too. We've must've caught something at Reginals yesterday.

Colby came over to me and sat on the edge of the bed. "Sam said he could edit so I can take care of you." I shook my head towards him.

"If you need to edit, you can edit. I don't want to mess up your schedule." He shushed me, making me stop talking.

"Trust me, I don't want to edit. I'd rather take care of you. Sam said it was okay." He reminded me.

I really don't deserve Colby. He's holding everything off so he can take care of me.

I look at him softly as I lay there. "Thanks, baby." I didn't want him to get sick.

But I knew he was taking care of me no matter what.

"Do you think you can eat anything?" He sweetly asked me. I thought about it for a second.

I honestly think I can so I nod my head. "I'll go whip something up." He got up from the bed and walked off.

I feel like if I didn't have this fever, I would be okay. I couldn't stop shaking even though I felt like I was on fire.

I couldn't tell how long he was gone for. But when he came back, he had a plate with a grilled cheese on it.

I sit up so I can take it from him. I eat it slowly, worried I was going to throw up.

But luckily, I didn't. I took some medicine he got for me and washed it down with a water.

Times like this makes me wish I still had my mom. But I'm thankful that I have Colby here to take care of me.

Once I ate and took all my medicine, Colby laid down in bed, next to me. "I don't want to get you sick." I pout towards him.

He just shook his head while opening up his arms. "I don't care. You worry too much." He did have a point.

And I couldn't resist going into his arms. I scoot closer to him and lay my head on his chest.

"Is there anything specific you wanted to watch?" He asked curiously. "Have you seen the Hunger Games movies?" I ask.

We watched the Twilight movies together. So I think it'll be fun to watch the Hunger Games too.

"Years ago when it came out. Wanna binge watch them?" He asked causing me to nod my head.

Not gonna lie, when I first watched these, I had the biggest crush on Josh Hutcherson.

I still think he's attractive in the movies, but I'm not telling Colby that.

He puts the first one on so we get quiet to watch. I read the books whenever they were coming out and they were pretty good.

I always thought the first one was a little bit slow, so I was kinda happy whenever it ended.

Out of all the movies, the second one was my favorite, but the third one had some great lines in it.

"I forgot how crazy these movies are." Colby spoke up while we were halfway through the second movie.

"I think that's why they're so good." I speak up. The movies helped distract me from being sick.

It took a few hours to watch the movies, and once they were over, he started stretching.

I sat up slowly so I wouldn't get nauseous again. "Gale is a piece of shit." He spoke, thinking about the movie.

"That's why Peeta is my favorite." He turned to me, a playful smile on his face.

"Is that why you were drooling over him the whole time?" I drop my jaw towards him.

I guess it's that obvious. "Was not." I lie. He gave me a look like he knew I was lying to him.

I just purse my lips and shake my head lightly. Colby comes over to me and places his hand on my forehead, seeing if my temperature went down.

"Your fever went down. Are you still feeling down?" He asked. I didn't feel the headache anymore.

"I still feel super weak and achy." I answer him. He just pouts towards me.

He told me to get some rest while he ran some errands. He was going to get some groceries and get food.

I was honestly needing a nap so when he left, I got comfortable. In the matter of a few minutes, I fell asleep.

His bed is super comfortable and it still smells like him so it made me comfortable.

I don't know how long I was asleep for. But whenever I woke up, it was bright in his room.

I look around to see Colby standing in his room, a towel wrapped around his waist. His hair was wet so I guess he showered.

I sit up causing him to look at me. A smile grew on his face when he realized I was awake.

"How long was I out for?" I rasp towards him. My head felt groggy from the nap.

He looked at the time on his phone and then looked at me.

"You were asleep when I got back around seven. It's currently noon the next day." I drop my jaw towards him.

I was asleep for about seventeen hours. "Why didn't you wake me up?" I pout towards him.

"You needed the rest baby." He sweetly said. He's right though, I really did need it. I've been dancing my ass off.

Literally. Maybe that's why I got so sick. I was just physically and mentally exhausted.

I'll be honest, I feel better after the long amount of sleep. "Are you feeling better?" He questioned.

I nodded my head while I look at him. He was grabbing boxers from his drawer.

"Better, my head just feels foggy." I tell him. I could see him frown a little bit.

"At least you're feeling better." I nod my head in agreement. He went back into his bathroom to get dressed.

I check my phone to see I had messages from Alex. He said that if I was still feeling bad I could stay home another day.

Since practice isn't til three, I'm gonna see how I'm feeling then. Colby walks back in, sadly fully clothed.

"Thank you again for taking care of me yesterday." I smile softly. He walked over to me and bent down in front of my face.

"Anything for my girl." He flirted, placing a quick kiss on my lips. When he said 'my girl' my heart fluttered.

But in the good way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.5K 795 21
๊งโ€ขโŠนูญ๐š’๐š'๐šœ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š•๐š’๐š๐š๐š•๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐š’๐š—๐š๐šœูญโŠนโ€ข๊ง‚ In which two influencers meet
26.8K 612 17
a solby love story~
31.2K 799 24
In which two souls find a way back to each other My sweet escape sequel
58K 1.1K 21
In which a girl and boy best friend don't realize their feelings for each other