Rise of Kings and Queens

By lobo1989

The year is 0026 in the United World Century. Esme Cyr and her squad are the new world military leaders. Thei... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue

Chapter 13

21 8 18
By lobo1989

THE WORLD MILITARY LEADERS GATHER OVER THE TERRORISTS CALLED DEPENDENCY.

By L.M.Taurus

1/28/0027 UWC

20 hours before headline

Yelena sat at a round table with nine of the other world military leaders as they waited for the remaining two members to arrive. Arlo entered the room out of uniform. He was the only one out of uniform. He wore an open button-up shirt and dress pants. His hair was a mess like he had just woken up.

"Nice of you to join us," said Yelena. "And thank you for wearing your uniform."

"Sarcasm so early in the morning," said Arlo as he took a seat next to Luka and Cairo. "Sorry for being out of uniform. I was already running late. I thought you guys would have preferred if I showed up first than arrived later in uniform."

"Fair enough," said Kara.

"Okay, now the only person missing is Celeste," said Yelena.

"Celeste will not be attending this meeting," said Esme. "She's out on assignment relevant to what we're here to talk about."

"And what's that, big boss?" asked Arlo.

"I'll let Yelena take over."

Everyone turned their attention to Yelena as she pulled out some folders. "The reason most of the world military leaders are gathered here today is because we have to deal with a threat." Everyone straightened in their chairs.

"You're talking about Dependency," said Cairo.

"Correct," said Yelena. "They are becoming too big of a threat that we can't ignore them anymore."

"I've never heard of them," said Arlo. He turned to Cairo. "I'm surprised you have."

"They're all over the news," said Cairo. "My recruits are very angry about their movement."

"Again Arlo, you show your incompetence around your peers," said Yelena.

Arlo frowned. "I can't be the only one who has never heard of them." He looked around the room and everyone shook their heads. "Seriously, I'm the only one."

Yelena shoved one of the folders towards Arlo. "There's some information about them in there. I recommend you read it. Can everyone who's had a dealing with Dependency raise their hands." Esme, Fyn, Kara, Leonie and Mun Ji-hun raised their hands.

"The five of you have dealt with these people," said Arlo, shocked, as he pointed a finger at the folder. "And they're still an issue?"

"Yes," answered Esme. "Fyn, Kara and I fought one of their members early last year. We had arrested him, but he escaped on New Years and joined Dependency."

"Wait, this guy wasn't part of Dependency when you first arrested him?"

"No," answered Fyn. "Dependency broke him out of jail so he could join their group. I was there when it happened."

"I think I did hear about this," said Arlo. "I didn't think the man was going to stay out for long since this happened around headquarters. Didn't you guys lock down the island?"

"We did," said Esme. "We suspect he still escaped somehow."

"The newest member of Dependency is Lin Crespo," said Yelena as she pushed a folder to the middle of the table with a picture of him. "The person who broke him out was a man calling himself Agent of Dependency." She threw another folder in the middle of the table with a picture of the masked Agent. "We're not sure if this man is the leader or another member. Fyn fought him, but he escaped."

Luka grabbed the folder with the Agent of Dependency's picture. "He's wearing a golden mask," said Luka. "He looks like a comic book character. Do we not know what this guy looks like?"

"We don't."

Cairo grabbed the other file with Lin Crespo's picture. "Fyn, did these guys best you in a fight?" asked Cairo.

"No," answered Fyn. "I would have had at least the Agent of Dependency if it wasn't for a crowd of protesters. They helped them escape."

"They what?" exclaimed Irma. "Were they arrested?"

"We brought them in, but they denied helping the terrorist escape," said Esme. "They said they were protesting Fyn and that's why they didn't let him capture Agent of Dependency and Lin Crespo."

Yelena held up another file with a different picture. "That brings us to another person of interest, McKnight. This guy was leading the protest that helped the terrorist escape. We don't know if he's telling the truth or if he is part of Dependency."

"Wait a second," said Arlo. "I know that guy."

"Excuse me."

"Pass that file over," said Arlo and Yelena slid it to him. Arlo looked at the picture carefully then turned it around so everyone in the room could see it. "Yeah, I know this asshole. He picked a fight with me in a club in New Zealand. He was talking about how their country shouldn't have to support the refugees."

Esme turned to Yelena. "That can't be a coincidence. He must be part of Dependency."

"Maybe, but we can't prove it," said Yelena. "He'll still deny it and we've already held him long enough. Lawyers are involved when it comes to him."

"Whatever you have planned against this guy, I want to be the one to deal with him," said Arlo. "I owe him one."

"Is there anything else you can add to his file?" asked Yelena. "Like if he was working with somebody else?"

"I don't remember. It was quite the brawl I had that day."

"The brawl you had in the New Zealand club," said Leonie. "I remember reading about that. They made you look terrible."

"Yeah, the hit piece that braud wrote about me. Don't remind me." Arlo slammed his hands down, starling Luka next to him. "Wait, I remember now. There was a reporter and another lady there. I think their names were Lois and Lillian. Lois is the reporter. I don't know who the woman was, but I think she might own that club."

"I'll add them as persons of interest," said Yelena. She pulled up the next file. "Our next person of interest is Brodie Noble. He's become the spokesperson of the anti-refugee movement. He leads most of the protests and I think there's a chance he could be part of Dependency, but again, we have no proof."

"I'm thinking we can bring him in for an interview," said Esme. "If he's not part of Dependency, maybe we can get him to lighten up on the refugees."

"I would like to be the one to talk to Brodie Noble," said Luan.

"Ji-hun," said Yelena, turning everyone's attention to him. "You said you had an encounter with Dependency as well?"

"I might have," answered Ji-hun. "Their names were Mercy and Otto Kallstrom."

"The upstarts who put you in the hospital," said Cairo.

"Regretfully," said Ji-hun. "I don't know if they're part of Dependency, but they seem the type. They've killed a lot of refugees in terrorist attacks and like Arlo with McKnight, I owe them one."

Yelena pulled out two files with pictures of Mercy and Otto Kallstrom. "They're part of my persons of interests. Dependency or not, we have to bring these two down."

"Agreed."

"How about you, Leonie?" asked Yelena.

"Dependency attacked my medical ship and destroyed medication meant for Haiti's hospitals," said Leonie. "We arrested those people, but they were just lackeys."

"Alright," said Esme. "That's all the information we have." She turned to Yelena. "What do you suggest we do next?"

"First of all," said Yelena. "We stay on alert. These people have been targeting us as we can see with Ji-hun and Leonie. Don't get caught up in a surprise attack." Everyone nodded their heads. "We'll let Arlo confront McKnight. Please don't screw it up."

"I won't let you down," said Arlo.

"Luan, you can interview Brodie Noble, but be gentle. I want him to ease up on us if he is just some angry protester."

"I'll be delicate," said Luan.

"Ji-hun, you can continue your hunt for the Kallstrom siblings. If you need back up, I'm sure some of us are able and willing to help."

"Just say the word," said Cairo.

"Thank you," said Ji-hun. "I'll be sure not to go at this alone. They might be harder to find since we removed the refugees from Korea."

"I'm sure you'll find them. I'll look into our new people of interest, Lois and Lillian. That's all I have. We'll reunite once we have more information."

"You all have your orders," said Esme. "Till next time."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271 7 18
In the distant future, the Earth's biosphere is on the verge of ecosystem collapse. Nations plotted against each other using advanced weapons of mas...
11.1K 129 24
It was the year 2030 and humanity is at its breaking point for the humans but rising for the so call "furrys" that are slowly starting to dominate th...
362 54 27
"You don't know how strong you are, until strength is the only choice you have."~Google In the world of bombs and shootings, in a corrupt world, ther...
174 18 9
Governments throughout the world have collapsed and merged into one governmental entity. War broke out, which lead to a massive nuclear explosion tha...