𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄 ; s...

By deancoded

❛ ━━━━━━・ ❪ ☆ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜ "first you try to kill me, then you invite me to family dinner! wow, what reason co... More

𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄
𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐒
000. just a kid
𝐕𝐎𝐋. 𝐈: 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒔.
001. lazarus rising
002. angel of the lord
003. chick flick moments
004. dead people walking
005. it's 'sah-win' not 'sam-hayne'
006. broken seals
007. identity crisis
009. supernatural stds
010. deathless
011. the author
012. opposite day
013. a rare moment of peac- oh wait.

008. this isn't hogwarts

1K 59 26
By deancoded

❛ ━━━━━━・ ❪ ☆ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

"WAKE IN 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Anna... Anna? You all right?"

Anna sat up, suddenly much calmer than before. "Thank you, Pamela. That helps a lot. I remember now." Her voice was very even for someone who was just thinking they were going to be killed.

Eleanor took a cautious step forward. "Remember what?"

"Who I am."

Dean stood from the wall, rubbing his head. "I'll bite. Who are you?"

"I'm an angel." The room goes silent, everyone stunned. "Don't be afraid, I'm not like the others," Anna promises.

Ruby grimaces. "I don't find that very reassuring."

"Neither do I," Pamela chimed in.

"So...Castiel, Uriel -- they're the ones that came for me?" Anna asks, standing from the couch.

"You know them?" Eleanor questions, shifting backward slightly.

Anna nods. "We were kind of in the same foxhole."

"So, what, were they like your bosses or something?" Dean seemed to recover from the shock the quickest and was most comfortable around the angel.

"Try the other way around."

Dean raises his eyebrows and smiles appreciatively. "Look at you."

"But now they want to kill you?" Eleanor asks. Her hand reaches into her pocket and she runs her thumb back and forth over the engraved surface of her lighter without her realizing it.

The angel shrugs. "Orders are orders. I'm sure I have a death sentence on my head."

"You're oddly calm about that."

"I mean, I disobeyed... which, for us, is about the worst thing you can do. I fell." She frowns, remembering the fall.

Dean tilts his head in question. "Meaning?"

"She fell to earth, became human," Pamela explains.

Sam's eyebrows furrow. "Wait a minute. I don't understand. So, angels can just become human?"

"It kind of hurts. Try cutting your kidney out with a butter knife. That kind of hurt. I ripped out my grace."

Eleanor winces at the image. "Your what?"

"My grace. It's... energy. Hacked it out and fell. My mother, Amy, couldn't get pregnant. Always called me her little miracle. She had no idea how right she was." A small smile appeared on her face.

"So, you just forgot that you were God's little Power Ranger?" Dean asks, not entirely buying it.

"The older I got, the longer I was human, yeah."

"I don't think you all appreciate how completely screwed we are," Ruby speaks up.

Anna sighs heavily. "Ruby's right. Heaven wants me dead."

"And Hell just wants her. A flesh-and-blood angel that you can question, torture, that bleeds," she couldn't keep the glee out of her voice. "Sister, you're the Stanley Cup. And sooner or later, Heaven or Hell, they're gonna find you," the demon tells her.

"I know," she pauses. "And that's why I'm gonna get it back."

Sam blinks in confusion. "What?"

"My grace."

Eleanor's eyes widen slightly. "You can do that?"

Anna nods. "If I can find it."

Dean crosses his arms. "So, what, you're just gonna take some divine bong hit, and, shazam, you're Roma Downey?"

"Something like that."

He nods slowly. "All right. I like this plan. So, where's this grace of yours?"

"Lost track. I was falling about 10,000 miles per hour at the time."

Sam holds up a hand. "Wait. You mean falling, like, literally?" She nods. "Like the way a human eye can see? Like a comet, maybe?" he asks.

"Or a meteor?" Eleanor adds.

"There they go again with the weird talking thing," Dean mumbles.

Anna tilts her head. "Why do you ask?"

・ ❪ ☆ ❫ ・

ELEANOR CLOSES THE trunk of her car and turns to face Pamela. "Ready to go?"

Pamela looks at her, and Eleanor would have sworn the psychic was watching her if she hadn't known that the only things residing behind Pam's sunglasses were two milky white pieces of plastic. "Why don't you stay with me for a bit? I'm not witch but I can teach you a few things."

Eleanor falters. "You know?"

"Hon, I've known since the minute I met you. I just didn't say anything because I knew you didn't know."

She thinks it over. "Alright, yeah. Sam and Dean don't need me that much anyway. They're probably too busy trying to hook up with an angel and a demon to even notice I'm gone."

Pamela smiles at that. "Excellent. Let's hit the road, shall we? I don't want to be around an angel any more than I need to be."

Eleanor's stomach turns at the psychic's words. She didn't know just how much angel she had in her but she knew Pamela would see her differently if she found out. She'd just have to keep that part to herself for now.

・ ❪ ☆ ❫ ・

PAMELA HANDS ELEANOR a steaming cup of coffee. "I'm not a witch, and you're not a psychic so I can't teach you everything. However, some of those things intersect and that's where I can mentor you." Eleanor nods. "And maybe you can help me out, be my assistant. Might be good for business. Plus you've been cooped up with those boys for a while, so this might be a nice change." She winks at her and Eleanor lets out a quiet laugh.

"Whatever you need me to do. I'd be happy with anything you could teach me," Eleanor says with a smile.

"Don't go getting soft on me. We haven't even started yet." As if she could sense what Eleanor was feeling, she added, "I'm just messing with you."

"I totally knew that," Eleanor lies.

"Hm, sure you did." The psychic claps her hands together. "So, what do you know how to do so far?"

"Uh, not a whole lot. I didn't really have a chance to practice." She picks at the strings of her ripped jeans. "I blasted away a ghost about two weeks ago but I don't know how I did it," she explains.

"Tell me what it was like. From beginning to end. Your energy is different than any I've seen and I want to know if your magic is different too."

Eleanor began to tell her about Halloween, and the ghost and her experiment in the scrap yard.

"Interesting...most witches, even natural born ones need spells in order to do magic. You're sure you didn't use any phrases?"

She nodded. "Positive."

Pamela hummed in thought. "Well, I don't know why that is so we're going to put that aside for now and focus on what I can teach you."

"Do I need a wand?" It was a mix between a joke and a genuine question.

"No, you don't need a wand. This isn't Hogwarts."

"Noted."

・ ❪ ☆ ❫ ・

"FOCUS ON YOUR intention," Pamela instructs. Eleanor held her hand out in front of her and thought about pushing the cup to a different spot on the table.

"Remember to breathe," the psychic tells her. She hadn't realized she was holding her breath. She inhales gently and then exhales, willing the cup to move.

It shakes gently and moves back an inch. She breaks into a large smile. "I did it! I made the cup move!" She couldn't contain her childlike excitement. She had just made a cup move with her will alone.

Pamela smiles and places a hand on Eleanor's shoulder. "Excellent job, I knew you could do it."

Eleanor walks over to the table and grabs the red plastic cup, returning it to its original position. "Can I try again? See if I can get it to go further this time?"

Pamela nods. "Go for it."

Eleanor took a deep breath and conjured the image of the cup moving in her mind. She put her hand out and willed the cup to move. She focused intently, hoping it would go further. The cup slides across the table and falls to the floor. "Woah..." Eleanor murmurs in awe.

"Yeah, you're definitely not like any other witch I've seen. Most witches need words to do that, but you seem to be able to move it using your energy. I can sense it, it's like you're moving it with strings of energy."

A knock sounds at the door, stopping Pamela from explaining further. Eleanor places the cup back on the table while Pam opens the door.

"I'm here for my psychic reading?" the person at the door says, though it sounded more like a question.

Pamela invites them in. "Ready to be my assistant?" she asks Eleanor as she passes.

"Definitely."

・ ❪ ☆ ❫ ・

THE NEXT FEW weeks passed in a similar fashion. Eleanor and Pamela trained and Elle quickly picked up on being a psychic's assistant. She loved it.

At night, often found herself sitting outside and watching the sunset despite the mid autumn chill.

"You know that stuff is destroying your lungs, right?" The distant flap of wings alerted Eleanor to the angel's presence.

"Can I help you?" she asks flatly, exhaling the smoke out of her lungs. "Pamela won't like you being here." She stood from where she leaned against the porch railing and finally turned to face Castiel.

She pulls the slightly too large sweatshirt tighter around herself to keep out the november chill. It was Pam's sweatshirt, in her haste to pack she had neglected the basic autumn essentials.

"You've been ignoring calls from your brothers."

She scoffs. "And so they sent you? You think I'll call them because you asked me to? Might I remind you that our past interactions haven't gone very well."

Castiel took a seat on the porch swing. "Our past interactions haven't been ideal," he starts slowly.

Eleanor raises an eyebrow at him. "That's putting it lightly," she interrupts with a scoff.

"I'd advise you to remember some respect...or perhaps you won't mind me telling Sam and Dean what you are."

"Are you threatening me?"

"I just want you to remember you're talking to an Angel of the Lord."

She leans against the railing across from him. "In my experience, 'Angels of the Lord' have been a bunch of assholes."

He goes to say something but thinks better of it. "Your brothers are worried about you."

She sighs and brings the cigarette to her lips. "Dodging their calls is easier than lying to them. That's why I chose to leave. I can't keep lying but they'll kill me when I tell them, so..." she trails off with a shrug. "It was an easy decision."

"They won't kill you. In fact, they're the reason you're alive."

"Why, because they didn't kill me when they thought I wasn't a witch?"

"Because they've stopped the angels from coming after you." Eleanor raises an eyebrow and gestures for him to continue. "Dean loves you, so we haven't killed you. We need him on our side."

"First my father, then my brothers, now angels? Jesus. Why do so many people want me dead?"

"No, Jesus doesn't want you dead," Castiel tells her seriously.

"That's not what I-" she cuts herself off. "Just tell me why they want me dead."

"You have angel blood, though a small amount. You shouldn't be here, it greatly upsets the balance. We were unable to kill your great grandfather, the nephilim. Raphael's son. His mother's family knew some witches who were able to keep him hidden. I believe that's how he met your great grandmother."

"How do you know all of this?" Eleanor asks quietly.

"I'm a celestial being, I know many things," he says simply.

She stubs out the cigarette on the railing, though she knew Pamela would yell at her for the ash marks later. "And why haven't you killed any of my other family members?"

"You come from generations of witches with very strong protection and cloaking spells. We wouldn't have even known about you until I saw you with your brother and Bobby Singer."

"Well dammit." It was several moments before she spoke again, lost in thought. "You're not going to kill me are you? Make it look like you found me dead and that's why I haven't answered my phone?"

"I'm not going to kill you. As I said, Heaven needs Dean Winchester on our side."

She nods slowly. "Right. Dean Winchester, humanity's hero," she says sarcastically. "Good luck with that, by the way, Dean hates you guys."

"Elle?" a voice from inside the house calls.

"You should go. Pamela won't be thrilled when she finds the angel that stole her eyes sitting on her porch," she tells him, pushing off from her spot on the rail. "And Castiel?" He turns to look at her. "Please don't tell Sam and Dean."

"Call your brothers," is all he says. Eleanor blinks and by the time she opens her eyes, the angel in the trench coat was gone.

Eleanor shakes her head, as if to clear her thoughts and pushes open the door. "I've got to make a phone call," she told the psychic as she walked in.

She made her way up to Pam's guest room, the one she had been calling her own for the time being. Taking a deep breath, she pulls her phone out of her pocket and dials Dean's number.

He picked up almost immediately. "Elle?"

"Hey..."

"Oh thank God." Dean lets out a relieved sigh. "You can't just go radio silent for three weeks!" His tone turns scolding. "Especially with all this angel/demon crap going on. I know you're with Pamela but..."

"I'm sorry," she says, cutting him off. "I just needed some time away."

"Is everything okay?" Concern creeped into his voice.

"I'm fine," she lies. "You and Sam have just been arguing a lot and it's been giving me a headache, so when Pam offered to have me stay with her for a bit, I took her up on it."

"I'm sorry, we'll try to stop arguing." They both knew that wouldn't really happen. "Just come home soon, okay? We miss you and we could really use your help with this apocalypse bullshit."

"Yeah, okay. I'll be home soon," she promises. Dean goes to speak but before he can, she adds, "and I'll be sure to keep in touch. I promise."

"Good. Talk to you soon." The call clicks off and Eleanor closes her eyes. She hated lying but she just couldn't risk it.

She knew she had to face them at some point. The next morning, she packed her bags and said goodbye to Pamela, thanking her for letting her stay. The psychic gave her a tight hug and told her she was welcome whenever she wanted.

"I'll be back, I promise," Eleanor tells her as she gets in her car.

She worked to repress everything she had learned over the past three weeks as she drove. She'd already had one outburst, she couldn't risk another one.

The familiar sight of Bobby's house calmed her. It hadn't hit her how much she missed her family until she was about to see them again.

She opens the door to the house and looks around. "I'm back!"

❛ ━━━━━━・ ❪ ☆ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

AUTHOR'S NOTE: bit of a shorter chapter, i'm sorry. i also apologize for the later update, i had psats and i started work this weekend and life just got kinda busy.
there's barely any info on pamela so i've kind of interpreted her character in my own way and i'm making up the lore about eleanor because there's a lack of witch lore and anything that doesn't fit the standard lore is because of the small amount of angel blood she has. canon lore changes on an episode bases so it's hard to find concrete stuff to go off of anyway.
please vote and comment if you liked the chapter, seeing your comments gives me both serotonin and motivation
and follow my tiktok clairenovak.wp for edits and the occasional update <3
also thank you for the 200+ votes?? it doesn't seem like a lot but my books have never done this well and it really means a lot to me that you all like it

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 162 23
ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟ: ꜱᴇᴀꜱᴏɴꜱ 1-5 𝑨𝑵𝑮𝑬𝑳 𝑬𝒀𝑬𝑺 𝗔 𝗩𝗮𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗮 𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 i do not own Supernatural, any of the characters or their...
15K 168 25
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬�...
49.7K 1.2K 47
This book is the first book of the supernatural Castiel x reader Fanfic series. This book will follow the timeline of Season 4 of the show. If you...
11.2K 410 47
At the end of yet another successful hunt, Sam and Dean Winchester are gifted a very unexpected call for help from their beloved angel, Castiel. The...