Young Justice: Directive 51 (...

Oleh Matt-From-Wii

(Y/n) (L/n) doesn't have an ordinary life, he never did. Brought into the Strategic Homeland Division at an e... Lebih Banyak

Bio
Chapter 1: A Strange Beginning
Chapter 2
Chapter 3: Humanity
Chapter 4: Failsafe
Chapter 5: Disordered
Chapter 6: Secrets
Chapter 7: Misplaced
Chapter 8: A Trip to Paris
Chapter 9: Coldhearted
Chapter 10: Image and Agendas
Chalter 11: Insecurity
Chapter 12: Gone
Chapter 13: Rest
Chapter 14: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 15: Usual Suspects
Chapter 16: Auld Acquaintance
Chapter 17: Set the Stage
Chapter 18: Another Close Call
Chapter 19: Tip of the Talon
Chapter 20: The Nest
Chapter 21: Disaster
Chapter 22: The Aftermath of Victory
Season 2 Character Info
Chapter 24: First Day
Chapter 25: An Attempt at Comfort
Chapter 26: Project Mockingbird
Chapter 27: Depths
Chapter 28: Hurt
Chapter 29: Suffering
Chalter 30: Before the Dawn - Cornered
Chapter 31: A Strange Feeling
Chapter 32: Stranded
Chapter 33: War
Chapter 34: Repercussions
Chapter 35: Reunited
Chapter 36: Intervention Part 1
Chapter 37: Intervention Part 2
Chapter 38: Recovery
Chapter 39: Preparation for the Summit
Chapter 40: The Summit
Chapter 41: Endgame
Chapter 42: An Absent Clown
Chapter 43: The Guest House
Chapter 44: The Dominoes Start to Fall
Chapter 45: In the Mind of an Agent
Chapter 46: End of the Beginning
Chapter 47: A Vacation
Chapter 48: One Quick Mission
Chapter 49: Markovia
Chapter 50: Fate's Gambit
Chapter 51: A Sentinel of Order
Chapter 52: Private Security
Chapter 53: Rescue Op
Chapter 54: Triptych
Chapter 55: Home Fires
Chapter 56: Real Power
Chapter 57: True Heroes
Chapter 58: Sidelined
Chapter 59: The First Wave
Chapter 60: New York
Chapter 61: The Dark Zone
Chapter 62: The Penthouse
Chapter 63: Everything will Burn
Chapter 64: Early Warning
Chapter 65: Beginning of the End
Chapter 66: Death of the Division
Christmas in the Cave: (Christmas One Shot)
Chapter 67: Rogue Agents
Chapter 68: The White House
Chapter 69: Terminus
Chapter 70: Into the Breach
Chapter 71: Overwhelmed
Chapter 72: Nevermore
Chapter 73: It Belongs in a Museum
Chapter 74: Lovers on the Run
Chapter 75: Paradise Under Siege
Chapter 76: The Underworld
Chapter 77: The Beautiful Bride
Chapter 78: Doomsday vs The Justice League
Chapter 79: Rebirth
Chapter 80: ANNA's Plan
Chapter 81: Trapped in Time
Christmas Special # 2
Chapter 82: For All Magic
Chapter 83: Gotham City

Chapter 23: Yet Another Tragedy

2.7K 52 19
Oleh Matt-From-Wii

(Y/n) POV *4 Months Later*

I've been apartment shopping the last three months. I decided that it's better if I only sleep at the Cave when necessary to give the impression that I'm not as close to the League as I appear to be. Waller will know the truth but it will be harder for her to convince any other government official. The team reluctantly agreed with my assessment. Zatanna was saddened at first, but I think she's realized that I'm going to ask her to move in with me after I find a place.

I think I've finally settled on an apartment, well more like a penthouse. It's in Gotham and is atop one of the few buildings not owned by Wayne, Queen, Luthor or Cobblepot. It's smaller when compared to other penthouses but I like it. I have more than enough to afford it as working for the CIA comes with a lot of perks.

The main living area has a great view of Gotham, it only has one bedroom with an en suite and bathroom beside the main door. The kitchen is rather small but perfect for two people. I put in the purchase request and the SHD technicians fitted it with everything I'll need. In the hallway to the main door there is a large cabinet that contains emergency gear and weapons. Another cabinet of similar style is in the bedroom closet. I received a call earlier today from the technicians. The apartment is ready for me and I'll I need to do is stop by the front desk and grab the keys.

I walked out of my now empty room and made my way to the main area of the Cave. The entire team was huddled in a circle. Wally was the first to see me.

Wally: "Hey (Y/n)! Come check out Dick's new uniform!"

They made a small gap for me to join the huddle and in the center of our group stood Dick in his new costume. He had been talking about leaving Batman's side as Robin and moving on to become his own hero for some time now. Looks like he finally made the move. The suit is black with some padding on the shoulders, knees and elbows with the only colour being the blue bird symbol on his chest.

(Y/n): "Very nice... I'm guessing you're going by a new code name, "Robin" won't exactly work with that look."

Dick: "Yep, code name Nightwing."

(Y/n): "Love it."

Barbara: "You don't have to lie."

We all laughed at Barbara's joke. I reassured Dick that I'm serious and I do love his new outfit and code name, I'm sure he put a lot of thought into.

Kaldur: "We have a mission briefing from Batman. Tula, Garth, Artemis and Wally. We are needed in Greece."

Dick: "Finally get a lead on what the light wants with that ancient artifact?"

Kaldur: "It appears that way."

(Y/n): "Mind if I borrow Zatanna?"

Kaldur: "No, she's all yours."

Kaldur and Dick smiled at me before walking away to the hologram of Batman that was projected from the Caves computer system.

(Y/n): "Hey Zee. Do you mind if we take a quick walk?"

Zatanna: "Where too?"

(Y/n): "You'll see."

Zatanna: "Oh a big secret. What do I need to wear?"

(Y/n): "Not your uniform."

Zatanna whispered a spell and we were both changed into a sweater and jeans. After a short trip we arrived at the entrance to the apartment building.

Zatanna: "Is this what I think it is?"

(Y/n): "Yep."

Zatanna: "How did you pull this off? This is one of the nicest buildings in Gotham."

(Y/n): "I had some help from Oliver and Dinah."

I walked up to the desk and after showing my I.D, got the keys to my apartment. Zatanna was overjoyed at the sight of me twirling the keys on my finger. I took her arm and led her into the elevator where she smashed her lips against mine the second the door shut.

We were interrupted by the ding of the elevator reaching the top floor. I broke the kiss and revived a whine from Zatanna, I laughed as I pulled her down the hall to my door. Room 4, the last room on this floor I haven't met the other neighbours but I believe I only have one. The other rooms haven't been rented out or purchased yet.

I opened the door and walked into my apartment. Zatanna gasped when she saw the view of the skyline from the living area.

Zatanna: "This entire place is beautiful. How can you afford this?"

(Y/n): "Apparently I was put on the payroll when I was first brought to Langley to be trained. So over the years I've amassed quite a bit of money."

Zatanna: "I guess this will be great to live in. It's even close to the Zeta tube so you can visit the Cave."

(Y/n): "Yeah you're right I could visit you in the cave. Or you could live here with me."

I extended my arm, holding one of the two keys out to Zatanna.

(Y/n): "Well Zee, would you like to live here with me?"

Zatanna: "I was hoping you'd ask."

Zatanna grabbed the key and pulled me into a kiss. We both collapsed onto the couch, making out and struggling to stay on it.

Zatanna: "Mhmmm... you know, I don't have to do anything for the rest of the day."

(Y/n): "Good, how about we stay here for dinner and you can spend the night. We can start moving your stuff here tomorrow."

Zatanna: "I'd like that."

I pulled Zatanna back down onto me and kissed her slowly and passionately. She cupped my face and deepened the kiss as I wrapped my arms around her to hold her in place.

After a while we moved to the bedroom and enjoyed 'breaking in' the new bed.

————————————————————————

*3 days later*

We woke up to the sound of Zatanna's phone vibrating. She had moved in rather fast and we finished moving everything of hers here yesterday. Zatanna picked it up and groaned as she answered

Zatanna: "Oh come on Dick, it's supposed to be my day off."

I could hear Dicks voice through the phone. He sounds incredibly concerned.

Zatanna: "Oh no! I'll be right there. Tell him we'll get her back."

(Y/n): "Wait! Get who back?"

Zatanna hung up the phone and threw the covers off our bed.

Zatanna: "Get dressed! The Light has Tula!"

I jumped out of bed, sprinted to the closet and grabbed my gear. Zatanna changed our clothes with a quick spell. I only had to grab my helmet, rifle and plate carrier. I strapped my watch to my wrist as I locked the door behind me. Zatanna was already at the elevator waiting for me. Before I ran out of our apartment I reached into my nightstand drawer and grabbed Kelso's watch. I attached it to the front of my vest and ran to the elevator after locking the door.

We managed to sneak out the back service door without anyone seeing us. It would be a bit difficult to explain why a guy in full tactical gear was running with a magician out of an apartment building.

We made it to the zeta tube without anyone seeing us and teleported to the Cave.

Zatanna and I arrived in the Cave, Aqualad, Tempest (Garr), Miss Martian, Superboy, Artemis, Kid Flash and Nightwing stood in front of three monitors. Batman was on one and a woman I've never seen before on the other. She has short brown hair and glasses. Kid Flash was quick to rush over to me and give me an update on the situation.

The team was investigating an ancient statue. We now know it's from an alien race. This ancient statue called Tiamat is an ancient alien weapon. Aquagirl was investigating this when she was taken by Klarion.

Tempest: "We are wasting time!"

Nightwing: "We will find her, but we need to know what we're about to walk into. According to Aquagirl's notes, Tiamat was a weapon fueled by war. It caused global disasters: earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, floods, tidal waves... wait. Aquagirl's notes say it is impervious to damage."

Artemis: "Great. So the Light is about to unleash an unstoppable chaos creature-thing on the world, and we don't have a clue how to stop it."

(Y/n): "If we can find out where the Light is assembling Tiamat. I can take a strike team and hit the location. We may not be able to stop them but we could buy you a little time to think of something."

The team was silent for a moment. I made eye contact with Zatanna. I could tell she wasn't a fan of my idea but that isn't important now. If this Tiamat truly is impervious to damage then we have to move fast or we won't have a chance at stopping it.

Batman: "Disaster reports are coming in now. A flood in Singapore. Tsunami warning in Japan..."

Superboy: "It's started! We have to find that statue!"

Aqualad: "And Tula."

Nightwing: "(Y/n)'s right. We need to stall the Light while we figure out a plan."

Zatanna: "If Klarion is involved then I may be able to locate him."

(Y/n): "Good. I need to make a call, let me know when you have him!"

I tapped my headset and scrambled a signal to Headquarters. I turned to look at the holographic map of the world and watched as the red dot appeared over Bialya.

(Y/n): "This is Vanguard. Mobilize a QRF and get them to Bialya. I'll join them over southern Qurac and we will cross the border in a few birds from base Johnsons."

Agent: "Copy that sir deploying teams now! They will be at the staging ground when you arrive."

I rushed to the zeta tube and yelled to the Team as the teleporter activated.

(Y/n): "I will stall their efforts for as long as possible but we won't be able to hold out against Klarion for long! Figure something out!"

————————————————————————

I climbed aboard the last Blackhawk helicopter as it took off from U.S Airforce base Johnsons in Qurac. It's about a 30 minute flight to the location marked by the Team. We are split up in three helicopters and there are fifteen of us in total, hopefully that's enough.

I'm wearing the same desert combat uniform favoured by the American military, I'm liking it far more than the dark camouflage I normally wear. It gets so hot during a long mission, last time I was in Qurac I swear I was seconds away from a heat stroke.

Apparently it is an ancient temple built underground which should be easy to get access to if the Light's been digging, we just follow their trail and deal with anyone in the way until we get to Klarion.

(Y/n): "Alright listen up! We are dealing with monsters and magic! We have no idea how to stop what's happening but with any luck we can deal with whoever's starting this ancient weapon before it gets out of hand. And when that fails we'll take a page out of Kelso's book and just blow the whole thing up."

The various squad leaders all responded and the agents began checking their gear. I hope the team has figured out at least something resembling a plan by now.

Zatanna POV:

Miss Martian: "How did Marduk defeat Tiamat by himself?"

There was an awkward silence as we all looked at the holographic projection of Aquagirl's notes. Kid Flash was the first to answer though he seemed unsure of his own idea.

Kid Flash: "It's a weapon... the same way you beat any other machine."

Superboy: "By turning it off."

That was enough of a kickstart to get Nightwing thinking and just like that we have the beginning of a plan.

Nightwing: "The Light has to have a plan to control it. If we get there after they've activated Tiamat then we find out how they're controlling it and shut them down."

Artemis: "I can't raise (Y/n) on any channel!"

Zatanna: "Wait what?!"

Artemis: "I tried to contact him! To tell him our plan and I'm just getting static!"

Kid Flash: "Let's go, we can keep trying on the way but we have to get to Bialya!"

————————————————————————

(Y/n) POV: *5 minutes earlier*

We are right on top of our target. The dig site is at the base of a massive valley. I can see construction equipment scattered around the entrance to the tunnel.

An agent slid the door open and the helicopter touched the ground. I hopped out and we secured the landing zone. The second the helicopters left, gunfire erupted from further down the valley. Queen Bee's soldiers. They are trying to push us back into the tunnel.

I attempted to call for reinforcements, for help from the team, or for air support, but all communications were being jammed by the enemy.

We managed to stabilize our position without suffering any losses. But we have several small injuries and I'm one of five who haven't suffered at least a scratch. We are running low on ammunition, dangerously low.

(Y/n): "Keep firing! Make your shots count!"

Just as I was about to try and use the radio again ISAC's voice cut through on my headset.

ISAC: "Friendly forces detected."

I looked up and saw the bio-ship blast the position of the Bialyan forces. The Bialyan's pulled back to regroup as the Team exited the bio-ship.

Aqualad: "Alpha and Beta into the dig site!"

I was left with Batgirl, Zatanna, Rocket and Superboy.

Superboy: "What's the situation!"

(Y/n): "Comms are down and we're low on everything. I've got an aid station set up behind the break trailer. We've been using the machinery as cover but could really use your help."

Batgirl: "We'll handle it."

(Y/n): "Just be careful and use the bio-ship. After you leave the cover of the machines, it's all open sand until you reach their position. They will send a mechanized force to try and break through soon."

Superboy: "Stay here and help the wounded. I'll deal with Queen Bee's soldiers."

Zatanna: "I'll fly the bio-ship."

(Y/n): "Stay safe you guys..."

I turned and grabbed a box of what little ammo we have left.

(Y/n): "Get this ammo distributed! We don't know how long we have until the next attack!"

Over the next 10 minutes explosions rang out from inside the temple. Superboy, Zatanna and Rocket turned back the last of Queen Bee's forces while Batgirl and I helped my wounded men.

Batgirl: "I've bypassed their radio jammer, we should be able to-"

Nightwing: "Nightwing to all teams... it's over. Tiamat was buried again."

Batgirl: "Did you find-"

Nightwing: "Tula didn't make it. She sacrificed herself to save the world and buried Tiamat."

(Y/n): "Oh no."

————————————————————————

Once we arrived back in the Cave, Kaldur disappeared. I don't think anyone else saw him slip away. I wanted to stop him, to say something, anything to make him feel better but I didn't. Wally told me what Tula meant to him and Garth. She was their childhood friend. I didn't know what to say.

Nightwing informed Batman that the crisis was over and that Tula had sacrificed herself. Batman could instantly tell the Team was shaken.

Batman: "Team. I know you're all grieving now, but remember you saved billions of lives today. Dr. Sandsmark is safe, and rescue efforts are underway across the globe. With Tiamat dormant once again, the world is no longer threatened. We recovered the statue fragments from Marduk's temple, and together with the SHD we will find a way to safely destroy them. We did good."

Artemis: "Yeah? Tell that to Tula. Tell that to Garth."

Batman: "Every member knows the risks, Artemis. It is not the first loss we've suffered, nor will it be the last."

Nightwing: "Batman's right. The mistake would be to let Aquagirl's sacrifice be in vain. We can make her death mean something by continuing the fight and taking the fight to the Lights doorstep. What do you say, Aqualad. Kaldur?"

Dick looked around for Kaldur and I slowly shook my head when he looked at me.

Batman: "Perhaps it's time you all got some rest."

Batman ended the transmission and the holographic display turned off. The team was left standing in the dark. Garth was the first to leave. He walked away towards the zeta tube without saying a word and teleported home.

(Y/n): "Kaldur left shortly after we returned to the Cave. I don't know where he went."

Dick: "Batman's right. Let's get some rest. I'll see if I can find Kaldur."

Zatanna and I began the short walk to the Zeta tube. I didn't make it far.

Wally: "Zatanna, (Y/n)... can we talk with you two?"

Zatanna and I faced Wally and Artemis. They both have their masks off and look distraught, they look hurt. A lot more than moments before.

Artemis: "We've been talking... about leaving this life behind."

Wally: "We wanted to know if..."

(Y/n): "Wally you know we will support you. I will support whatever you two decide to do."

Zatanna: "If you do, walk away from this. You'll have everyone's full support and no one will think any less of you. We've all done more than our fair share."

Artemis: "W-we want some help figuring out what to do..."

(Y/n): "Of course we will help. Do you have any idea-"

Artemis: "College. We both got accepted into the same college."

Artemis was quick to answer and seemed to be excited about it. I couldn't really tell, the weight of the depressing moment kept her happiness suppressed.

Wally: "We will need some help finding a place to live."

(Y/n): "We would be happy to help."

Artemis: "I'm sorry to ask this but... we really can't stay here. Not after watching what happened today."

Zatanna: "You two are more than welcome to stay at our place."

(Y/n): "We'll make it work."

Wally: "Thank you two so much."

Artemis: "After everything that's happened... we need a change."

(Y/n): "It's alright. You two are more than welcome to stay with us as long as you need to."

Zatanna: "Let's go. I'm tired and need something to eat."

———————-—————————————————

We arrived back at our apartment and made our way to the living area.

Artemis: "This place is really nice. How did you manage to get it?"

(Y/n): "I have a few connections. Want some pizza?"

Wally: "That would be great. I'll help you make it."

I have a few frozen pizzas in my freezer. Wally and I started the oven and got the plates out as Artemis and Zatanna sat on the couches.

Once the oven was ready I put one pizza in. Even with Wally's legendary appetite I don't think we will be eating a lot. No one will, not after today.

(Y/n): "You two will have to sleep on the couches for tonight but I can get another mattress for you tomorrow morning. We can lay that out on the floor and it should be good enough."

Wally: "Thanks, for everything."

(Y/n): "You think they're going to be alright?"

I gestured towards the girls on the couch who were sitting beside each other and speaking softly. The girls were a lot closer to Tula than I ever was but she was still a teammate.

Wally: "I hope so. Maybe this change is exactly what we need to move on."

I looked Wally in the eyes, he's so tired. Both he and Artemis don't look like they can handle much more.

(Y/n): "You don't have to go back to the Cave to tell the team. I can relay the message."

Wally looked relieved that I offered to tell the Team. It must be incredibly difficult for him to go back there after everything that's happened recently.

Wally: "Thanks but I'll call them tomorrow morning. Artemis and I owe everyone that much."

The pizza was ready. I cut it up and gave everyone the same amount of slices. Wally and I brought it over to the girls and they forced smiles to their faces.

Artemis: "Thanks for making this guys."

Zatanna: "Thank you."

(Y/n): "Don't worry about it. What were you guys talking about?"

Zatanna: "Kaldur and Garth."

My stomach dropped, I haven't put much thought into it. I've been avoiding thinking about it since it happened this afternoon but those two must be hurting. The way Garth walked away after Batman spoke with the team. And Kaldur was nowhere to be found.

Wally looks as though he's thinking about something important and hesitant about speaking. That's so unusual for him.

(Y/n): "You alright Wally?"

Wally: "I really don't know if I should be the one to say this but...Kaldur learned who his real father is just before Tula passed."

Zatanna: "Who?"

Wally: "Black Manta."

(Y/n): "Black Manta?! Is Kaldurs father!"

Wally: "Aquaman told him during the time we spent tracking down the statue fragments. He didn't take it well."

Artemis: "I'm worried for him."

(Y/n): "I can try to call him in the morning. See if he's willing to talk."

Wally: "I'll talk with him as well. Hopefully we can help him."

We finished the pizza and talked for a few hours until we realized it was 2:00 in the morning and decided to get some sleep. Wally and I cleaned up the pizza and drinks we had while Zatanna grabbed blankets and pillows for Artemis and Wally.

Zatanna and I went back to our room as the other two got ready to sleep. I closed my door and undressed. Zatanna was already in a tee shirt and shorts and in bed.

Once I was ready, I climbed into bed and Zatanna rested her head on my chest. I felt her slowly drift to sleep and I wasn't far behind her.

Zatanna and I both woke up to the sound of something metal violently crashing against another metal object and then hitting the floor.

Zatanna: "What was that?!"

(Y/n): "I don't know Zee!"

We both jumped out of bed and ran to the kitchen. I only have a pair of shorts on, my hair is a mess but looks good compared to the mess that Zatanna's hair is in. She's wearing a baggy tee shirt and shorts. Her beautiful black hair looks like a lion's mane in its current frayed mess.

We rounded the corner to the kitchen to find Wally and Artemis scrambling to pick up pots and pans while trying to hide their embarrassed faces.

Zatanna: "What are you guys doing?"

They attempted to look at us but then burst out laughing at how terrible Zatanna and I look.

Artemis: "Wow that's one hell of a lion's mane."

Zatanna: "Ok ok very funny I look terrible after scrambling out of bed. What were you guys trying to do?"

Wally: "Well we wanted to make you guys breakfast as thanks for helping us and had a small disagreement about what pan to use."

(Y/n): "And then you dropped them all?"

Artemis: "Well baywatch over here decided to use several small pans because he likes his eggs a different style than me. I told him to just use one big one and we'd just all eat the same but he refused. I tried to take the pans from him and we dropped all three we were holding in our little fight."

(Y/n): "Well thank you for attempting to surprise us with breakfast."

Zatanna: "I'm going to have a shower. You should come get dressed."

Wally: "We will uhh... start breakfast."

Artemis: "No, I will start breakfast. You'll just eat it all before anyone else can."

Wally: "I would not!"

I left the two bickering in the kitchen and went to get dressed.

After breakfast I showered and changed into nicer clothes than the tee shirt and shorts I wore for breakfast. Wally and I called the Cave and learned from Dick that both Kaldur and Garth have quit the team. I tried to call Kaldur but couldn't get a connection.

The Team was quite understanding that Wally and Artemis wanted to leave the superhero life behind.

Working between my schedule at the Division and Zatanna's with the team made it difficult to find time to tour houses with Wally and Artemis. After several weeks Artemis and Wally settled on a small house in Palo Alto.

I used some CIA connections to help them buy the place and just over the course of a week we moved Artemis and Wally into their new home.

*Time Skip*

*New Years Eve*

Zatanna and I walked up the steps to the front door of Artemis and Wally's new home.

Zatanna: "I can't believe how fast they got settled in and everything set up."

Dick: "You two did an amazing job helping them."

(Y/n): "Thanks. It took a lot more work than I thought it would, carrying everything across the country through zeta tubes is a lot more work than it seems like."

Conner knocked on the door as Zatanna, Dick, Raquel, M'gann and I stood on the walkway. Barbara was off on a mission with the newer members of the team. I don't know them all, Zatanna has just told me she's been working with most of the younger heros that joined the team.

Artemis opened the door and smiled at us.

Artemis: "Hey guys! Thank you all for coming."

Dick: "Oh come on. It's the first dinner at your new place. We wouldn't miss this for anything."

Wally: "Come on in and we can figure out what we want to order."

After chatting for a few hours we settled on ordering food from a local restaurant. Wally ordered it and it wasn't long before we were eating. Halfway through dinner we heard a knock on the door. Conner got up to open it and Superman stood in the doorway.

Superman: "Hello, may I come in?"

Artemis: "Uh y-yeah of course."

Superman: "Thank you. As you may already know the Justice League has started its annual expansion discussion. It's clear to us that you all have demonstrated exceptional courage and sacrificed so much to the cause. We would like to offer a spot on the League to everyone here that's still with the Team, if you're willing to take it."

We sat in shock. I don't think anyone here saw this coming.

Superman: "We don't want you to feel pressured to do this, the invitations to join are open ended so you can join whenever you feel comfortable."

Raquel: "I-I've always wanted to join... I'm in."

Zatanna looked at me from across the room. I can tell she's considering the offer. I nod my head at her and smile. I just want her to do whatever she wants. I don't want her to feel as though she can't join the league because of me working for the government. Should any problems arise from that I will take care of them.

Dick: "Thank you but I'm good with the Team."

Conner: "I've never been one for the spotlight. I'm good with the Team."

M'gann: "I'm staying on the Team as well."

Zatanna: "I-I'll join."

Superman: "I'll inform the League of your choices. I've got to get back home, I can't be missing too much of New Year's Eve."

(Y/n): "Happy New Year Clark."

Superman was a bit shocked that I knew his real name but waved goodbye to us as we bid him happy New Years.

We went back to eating and finished dinner. After which Artemis put on some music while we talked.

Conner sat alone in a chair opposite me on the couch. M'gann was away from him in the kitchen. The two seemed distant, they barely spoke all night. Not even to one another.

Zatanna moved over to me and sat beside me on the couch. She wrapped her arm around my neck and leaned on me. She wore a red sweater with black jeans and fuzzy white socks.

Zatanna: "Hey, are you ok with me joining the League? I really should've asked before outright accepting... I'm sorry."

Zatanna was whispering to me. I smiled and my smile reassured her that I'm not upset.

(Y/n): "Zee you don't need my permission. If any problems do come up we will figure something out. You do whatever you want to and I'll support you."

Zatanna quickly kissed my cheek and whispered 'thank you' before pulling me up to dance with the girls. I took her hand and spun her back around to face me. It was seconds away from midnight and I can hear the guys counting down the seconds. Zatanna stared into my eyes, she figured out what I wanted to do and began to blush.

Everyone: "5, 4, 3, 2,"

When they hit one I kissed Zatanna. We were in the back of the room facing away from the television and the attention of our friends. She accepted the kiss and pushed herself into me as everyone else screamed 'Happy New Year'.

Artemis: "Aww look at those two."

Zatanna and I stopped kissing the second we heard Artemis's voice. We both lightly laughed and blushed as we faced our friends.

Zatanna: "I-it was his idea!"

(Y/n): "Zee!"

Raquel: "Oh please Zatanna. How many time have we talked about you wanting to-"

Zatanna: "OK OK! Yeah we get it!"

Zatanna was blushing harder now and I have no idea what she has talked to Raquel about.

The rest of the night went by in a blink of an eye. Before I knew it I woke up on the couch the next morning. Zatanna was asleep in a rocking chair, even though she's passed out and probably hung over she looks beautiful as ever.

I would appreciate a day off but I don't have that luxury, but I didn't let that stop me from drinking the night away with everyone. I'm so hungover and today is going to suck. I moved over to Zatanna and gently woke her up.

(Y/n): "Hey, Zee wake up. We have to go home and change. I have meetings at the U.N and you have your first day at the watchtower."

Zatanna: "Mhmm no. Five more minutes."

(Y/n): "I will carry you out of here if I have to Zee. We need to leave, we have to zeta to the east coast, remember."

I managed to pick up Zatanna and carry her bridal style to the front door. By then she woke up and put her coat on. We made the short walk to the zeta tube and teleported home. We got home and Zatanna laid down on our bed and instantly passed out.

I had a shower and got dressed for what I'm assuming will be a very long day at the United Nations. Unfortunately the president has decided that I'm to brief the Secretary General of our efforts to combat crime around the world. So now I get to sit through meeting after meeting talking to politicians, who have never held a rifle or led any investigation, about how they continuously make our jobs harder. The way the president put it is that it's either me or Waller that will be sent to the U.N so I figured I might as well do it. Don't know what kind of damage she could cause speaking to all these influential politicians.

I went to leave as Zatanna was getting ready for a shower, she had a towel wrapped around her body and is looking like she's fully awake now. I hugged her from behind and kissed her cheek.

(Y/n): "I'll see you later tonight. I'm probably not going to be out of the U.N until close to midnight."

Zatanna: "That's alright. I don't know how long I'll be at the Watchtower so I'll meet you back here."

(Y/n): "Alright Zee, love you."

Zatanna: "Love you too."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

25.1K 529 14
Adventures and moments with the Young Justice team. Art cover isn't mine. Credit to artist.
31.1K 1.5K 43
'Just how far can one walk the path that has been set for them by others?' [Young justice]
2.1K 70 3
When the Young Justice team faces a formidable new enemy with powers beyond their comprehension, they find an unexpected ally in a new member - Y/N S...
10.8K 355 20
You don't usually ride the bus to school, but this month is different and -HOLD UP- is that the Hall of Justice? Are superheroes real now? Is the who...