Safe Word Sunlight | Gay MxM |

Af dollygrand

A college student finds an injured vampire in the woods, saves his life, and helps him stay hidden from those... Mere

Welcome!
0. Prologue
1. Detour of Fate
2. First Taste
3. In Need for Comfort
4. Hunger
5. Finding Peace
6. Trophy
7. The Penthouse
8. To Protect Him
9. New Hobby
10. Just a Technicality
12. Worry Too Much

11. Exciting Day

1.2K 98 9
Af dollygrand

-Sirius-

I checked the clock for the hundredth time, then sighed and tried to relax in my bed. Riley was at the penthouse at that very moment and had promised to come to visit me once all the deliveries had arrived.

A smile formed on my lips as I thought about that human boy. What would I do without him? Nothing. I'd be dead without him. I'd died a horrible, painful death alone in that god forbidden forest, and the heavy rain would've washed away my ashes, leaving no evidence behind. I still shivered every time I thought of that night.

I checked the time again. Twenty-two minutes past seven. A minute had passed. I sighed. I was not doing well alone. I was slowly losing my mind staring at these walls, and Mike was too busy to keep me company. At least I now had Riley's blood in a bag, but... I'd tested it once, and I wasn't too interested in trying it again. It was better than the other blood, but my stomach couldn't quite handle it, but I was able to drink it.

It wasn't the fresh blood I missed. I didn't even care about the food. I needed Riley and his company. I was slowly getting over the night I was attacked, but being all alone for hours gave my memories room to emerge, and it was eating away at my sanity.

The thought of my new home cheered me up. I entertained myself by picturing the place with my new furniture and trying to think if I had forgotten something, although right now, I really only needed the bed I'd already bought. The rest I could get later.

I was carefully hoping I'd get to move in tomorrow. I knew both Riley and Mike would try to stop me, but I really, really didn't want to stay at the clinic any longer. I tried to keep in mind that my condition would still keep me in bed for most of the time, and I still wouldn't be allowed to leave my home, but having more space and interesting views was good enough for now. I refused to even guess how long I'd have to stay trapped in my own home... I didn't want to think about it. I didn't want to think about him.

The man who had ordered my kidnapping.

Riley deserved to know about him after everything he'd done for me, but I couldn't. Not yet.

An hour later, Riley finally returned to me. He had a big smile on his face when he stepped in, and his eyes found mine.

"It's done! And it looks so good!" he informed me when he hurried to sit down on my bed. "The rest of the stuff arrives next week, but everything important is now there."

I smiled as well, the excitement rising inside me. "So does that mean I get to move? Tomorrow?"

"The penthouse is ready for you. Everything is where you wanted, so it's up to Mike now," he said enthusiastically, which surprised me a little.

"You're not going to stop me?" I asked in suspicion.

"Well, there is a lot more security there than here. Besides, even I'm getting tired of looking at these walls," he said with a smirk. "And I'll be there to make sure you get enough rest."

I got even more and more excited as he spoke. "I'm sure you will," I said with a chuckle. "I really need to get out of here."

"Then we'll have to ask Mike," he said. "But first, you need to eat."

"I'm not that hungry," I said, but he didn't believe me.

"Just a sip then," he said, taking his place right next to me.

I was getting too used to his blood. I felt spoiled. I'd never had a personal feeder, and his blood tasted better than anything else I'd ever drank.

"I'll be facing severe withdrawal symptoms once you've had enough of being my feeder," I told him while he rolled up his sleeve.

"How could I get enough of you?" he asked with a smirk. "Wait, that... That came out wrong..."

I laughed lightly at his words and took a careful look at his eyes. He had pretty eyes... Every time those eyes were on me, I felt nearly invincible. I felt... safe. Like I had no worries in the world. I wondered if it had something to do with the night we first met. I'd kept my sanity through all that pain because those eyes were there, giving me hope.

"Well?" Riley raised his eyebrows at me, trying to offer me his wrist I had ignored until now.

"Yeah, sorry..." I hurried to mutter and turned my attention to his hand. "Just a sip. I'm really not that hungry."

"It's better than nothing," he said.

After making sure he wouldn't feel pain, I carefully bit him. I wasn't going to draw too much blood, but the second the rich taste of his blood filled my senses, I nearly lost myself. I was quickly turning into an addict. It was bad, but I couldn't help myself. I was weak. I didn't have my usual self-control. But it would get better. I was getting better. Soon, I'd be able to control my hunger and my need for his taste. Eventually.

"Not that hungry, huh?" Riley asked after a moment, and I could hear the smirk in his voice.

Luckily, I actually wasn't that hungry, so I was able to get a grip only a minute later. I pulled my fangs out and licked his skin until the wounds healed. Then I pulled back, but I still didn't dare to look at him.

"Will you take me seriously if I tell you I am concerned?" I said quietly.

"Of course I will take you seriously," he hurried to say, inching a little closer to me. He at least sounded like he was being serious.

"It may be nothing, but I shouldn't be this attached to your blood," I admitted. "I should be able to drink blood from others."

"Well... We don't really have much choice, do we?" Riley asked gently, and I finally looked at him. "You can't drink from the bags, and there's no one else we can trust."

"I know," I muttered with a sigh, and looked away again.

"Hey..." Riley whispered, brushing hair out of my face. He smiled when I looked back at him. "I'm not leaving you, and we're not doing anything wrong, but if you want, we can find other ways for you to eat. Every now and then. To make sure you don't become an addict."

I smiled and nodded. "You're right. And I'm probably just overreacting. I've never had a Feeder before, so this is new to me."

"I'm glad to be your first," he said, leaning against my side. "We'll learn these things together."

His words filled me with warmth. And hope. And the reassurance I needed. I watched him closely, and only a moment later, he wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on my shoulder. He smelled great... His warm body around me felt great.

"You'll get to move tomorrow," he suddenly said with a big smirk. "This is so exciting!"

"Do you really think Mike will let me leave?" I asked.

"No, he will not, but I also know you will leave nonetheless," he said with a giggle.

I laughed as well. "You may be right," I admitted.

He watched me for a moment, his smile turning a bit sad. "Where is the excitement?" he asked quietly.

"I am excited, it's just..." I muttered, feeling a bit of blush creeping up on my cheeks as I continued, "You're making me feel very comfortable."

"Oh?" he breathed out, his hold on me growing tighter. "Would you rather be excited?"

"No," I said maybe a little too fast. "I mean... I probably should be comfortable. I shouldn't strain myself. I've been very excited about the penthouse already."

"That is true," he said, again brushing his hand through my hair. "And I'm sure you'll be very excited tomorrow."

"Indeed," I said with a smirk.

*****

Riley was right. I had a bit of trouble getting sleep during the night because I couldn't stop thinking about the penthouse, and by the time Saturday morning arrived, the excitement was back. I woke up a little too early, so I had to wait for Riley to arrive for almost an hour.

When he did arrive exactly at eight like he'd promised, he looked even more excited than I felt.

"Good morning! Are you excited? Are you hungry? Did you sleep well?" he kept asking without giving me enough time to answer between the questions.

"Yes, yes, and yes," I said with a chuckle.

Mike followed him through the doorway and stopped at the end of my bed while Riley climbed next to me.

"So you really want to leave?" my old friend asked.

"If it's all right with you," I said. "I wouldn't actually leave against your wish."

He nodded slowly, then sighed. "I have no reason to force you to stay here. Your wound has closed, and as long as you don't try to lift anything or make any sudden movements, it shouldn't rip open."

"You'll come to check up on me, right?" I asked.

"Of course I will. Not every day, but I'm sure I can escape this place a few times a week," he said, and smiled at me. "Maybe grab a beer like we used to."

"You have no idea how much I'd love that," I told him.

"All right," he said. "You may leave. But if your condition gets any worse–"

"Don't worry – I'll call you right away," Riley said before I could open my mouth.

"I trust you to keep a close eye on him," Mike said to him, pointing at me. "Make sure he rests and eats and doesn't do anything to fuck up his wound?"

"Of course," Riley said reassuringly.

"Then I think it's time for you to get discharged," Mike told me.

"Thank you," I said and took a deep breath. "I am grateful for your help."

"Just wait until you get my bill," he said with a chuckle.

I waved my hand. "I'm going to give you a generous tip for saving my life."

Mike just laughed. Then his expression turned serious, and he pulled out a small bottle from his pocket. "I'm giving this to you under one condition. Once you get to your new home, you go straight to bed and stay there for the rest of the day. The transformation will put your wound through a lot of stress."

"I promise to go straight to bed," I said, and he gave me the potion with a stern glare.

"First you need to eat," Riley said, and took the bottle from me.

"So close," I joked while he rolled up his sleeve.

Once I had my breakfast, and Riley's wrist was fully healed, he gave me back the bottle.

"Not a dessert I like, but... bottoms up?" I said as I opened the bottle.

They watched as I drank the liquid, trying not to gag at the taste. A moment later, the transformation started, and I ignored the nauseating pain the wound caused while my skin was moving. Once it was complete, and I was back in the old man's body, Mike went to get a wheelchair for me. While we waited for him, Riley took my hand and squeezed it.

"This is it," he said with a bright smile. "You're finally going home."

"Yes," I said in the old man's voice that sounded so very strange in my ears.

Mike returned with the wheelchair and stopped it next to my bed. The two of them helped me to get dressed and helped me to sit in the wheelchair. Moving around did hurt a little, but not anywhere near as bad as last time, so it was easy to ignore.

That really was it. I was finally leaving the clinic.

Suddenly, I wasn't sure if I wanted to leave, after all. No matter how small and boring my room was, and no matter how crazy I'd felt staring at the same walls day in, day out, it had been my safe place for weeks now. Mike had been there for me the entire time to make sure my condition kept improving.

And now I had to leave and move to a place that had nothing familiar?

Wow, I had not expected to feel that way.

"You all right?" Riley asked gently.

"Yeah," I said and tried to smile. "I'm good, just..."

"We're not in a hurry," he said and sat on the edge of my bed, taking my hands in his. "We can wait for a few days or even longer, if that's what you need."

I wanted to tell him I was fine, but I had no reason to lie to him. Therefore, I took my time trying to figure out what I really wanted.

"I'm... I do want to go, I'm just being... I don't know... Silly?" I finally told him.

"It's a big change in your life," Riley said quietly.

I nodded and took a deep breath. "It is. But I am ready."

"You can always come back if things don't work out," Mike said reassuringly. "Go spend the night in your new home. I'll come check up on you in the morning, and if you want, I can bring you back here."

His words gave me strength, and I gave him a smile. "Yes, I like that plan."

"I can stay the night with you," Riley added as he stood back up. "If that helps?"

"I'd like that," I said.

"Good, because I may already have a bag with spare clothes with me," he smirked.

"Of course you do," I said with a chuckle.

Mike started pushing me to the door, and Riley followed us after grabbing my bag. I peered at the room one more time. I would miss it, but perhaps not enough to want to return. Then I looked in front of us, and the excitement was back.

"I can't wait to see the place," I said.

Only a moment later, Mike helped me to sit in Riley's car, while Riley himself was putting my bag in the backseat.

"So what time should I be expecting you tomorrow?" I asked Mike.

"Is seven all right?"

"Seven? On a Sunday morning?" Riley asked.

"Fine... How about nine?"

"Much better," Riley said, and I agreed.

"Nine it is then. Now..." Mike said and gave me a short lecture on the importance of taking it easy. I promised I'd be careful and get enough rest, and once he was happy with me, he stepped back from the door.

"I'll see you at nine tomorrow. And congratulations on your new place. You deserve it," he said.

"Thanks. I'll see you tomorrow," I said while Riley was sitting behind the wheel.

"Bye!"

Mike closed the door for me and waved at us. Riley started the car with a wide grin on his face.

"I really hope you'll love it," he spoke as he started driving.

"So do I," I said and took a deep breath. "Or it'll be the most expensive mistake I've ever made."

He laughed at my joke.

I'd forgotten how short the drive to the new place really was. Seeing the tall building made me feel just as happy as I'd thought, and I nearly couldn't sit still during the last couple of minutes it took to get past all the traffic lights.

But then, finally, Riley parked his car in the garage and helped me back into the wheelchair a short moment later. And another few minutes and an elevator ride later, we arrived at my door.

"Welcome home," Riley said with a smile as he pushed it wide open, revealing the apartment.

And it was just as amazing as I remembered.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

31.3K 1.1K 39
This is about a boy who hated love . He doesn't want any type of relationship in his life, he just like living and surviving alone. That was his life...
40 20 8
The world has changed in a matter of seconds. Who would've thought that beings of our nightmares, vampires, werewolves and others would start overtak...
152 6 28
A series of stories an investigator hears from his clients. Daily uploads as I write more *Not edited Rewritten Oneshot Chronicles
149K 3.3K 9
NEW VERSION! ADDED DETAILS ABOUT THE TWINS!! James, a twenty two year old normal guy, works at the local bakery. He is a shy and innocent person, who...