๐“๐„๐„๐๐€๐†๐„ ๐ƒ๐‘๐„๐€๐Œ โ€•...

Af -JASONSGRACE

so take a chance and don't ever look back. [ joshua bassett x original character ] [ social media & real life... Mere

disclaimer
teenage dream
epigraph
ACT ONE
001: mercy parker meets athena blake
002: you belong with me
003: wizards of waverly place the movie
004: a paralyzing fear
006: how to write a song 101
007: wake up
008: mac and cheese
009: it's totally platonic!
010: unplanned collarbone kisses
011: butterflies
012: the late night adventures of mercy and joshua
013: jason grace and percy jackson
014: m & j
015: operation jercy
016: it's like catching lightning
017: several sunlit days
018: it's always been there
019: you're more to me, we're everything
020: endgame
021: but I've never felt this way for no one
022: we love joshua
023: kiss your stupid face
024: bob ross has a son?
024.2: matt stops in shock and scarlett laughs at him
025: girlfriend
ACT TWO
026: anyone else
027: fuck you and your jello
028: nonsense
029: unforgettable
030: the better boyfriend
031: red lights, stop signs
032: talk to me
033: tell me that it's not my fault, tell me that I'm all you want
034: going off script again, but not in a good way
035: pretending like everything's fine
036: difficult difficult lemon difficult
037: I hope you're miserable until you're dead
038: something about us doesn't seem right these days
039: the distance and the time between us, it'll never change my mind
040: emergency
041: disappear
042: a hurting heart
043: what am I supposed to do if there's no you?
044: catastrophic blues
045: maybe your heart still stops when you see me
046: nothing happened in the way I wanted
047: and I know that I'm to blame, so go ahead and blame it on me
048: if all it is is eight letters
049: you can hear it in the silence
050: no regrets, just love
BONUSES
0.1: pretty in pink
0.2: lover day, lover girl
0.3: featuring joshua bassett
0.4: I feel more and more like I was made for you
0.5: lifeline
author's note

005: on my way!

2.3K 95 36
Af -JASONSGRACE

𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡𝗔𝗚𝗘 𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗠
chapter five
━━━━༻❁༺━━━━

REAL LIFE

MERCY COULDN'T BELIEVE that she was sitting in her own trailer right now.

She had arrived in Salt Lake City that morning, nerves bubbling in her stomach and evidently tired from the early flight and the breakdown she had had the night prior. It was really hard saying goodbye to her parents and Ivy, and she damn near almost bursted into tears when her mom was hugging her and telling her how proud she was of Mercy.

However, with a promise that she would text them later, Mercy had departed from her parents and caught her flight. It wasn't the first time flying by herself, but she always felt just a little bit nervous traveling alone.

Everything turned out to be fine, though. Mercy had gotten her luggage fairly quickly — which was pretty rare for her — and gotten an Uber to the apartment complex all of them were staying at. She had picked up her keys and went to her apartment, only to see Scarlett there, very tired from the long drive she had made (Scarlett wanted to have her car with her so she could drive places, but Mercy couldn't drive yet.) they didn't have filming until about one that day, so the two of them took a nap on the two couches there little apartment had to offer, deciding that they would unpack everything later.

Finally, it was time for them to leave to go to set. They sadly didn't see any of the other cast members, but Mercy knew that she would definitely see them later. Scarlett drove them to set at the iconic East High School. Mercy had stood in front of the school in awe, taking it all in. She was actually here.

Makeup, hair, and wardrobe all flew by within the blink of an eye, and Mercy had found the trailer labeled Mercy Parker with the name Athena Blake under it.

Sitting in Athena's outfit — a baby pink crop top, dark washed ripped jeans, and white Converse with pink laces — Mercy read over her lines in her script, even though she practically knew them by heart. Today, they were filming the first day of school scene, which was the same scene Mercy had auditioned with.

Suddenly, a knock was heard from her trailer door. Mercy's eyebrows knit in thought as she looked up from her script.

"Come in," she called.

The door opened, and it revealed none other than Joshua Bassett. He smiled slightly at her, standing in the doorway, making the cold air enter her trailer. Mercy gave him a smile back. She had to be friendly, of course — Joshua was her love interest, after all. Besides, his texts had really helped her when she felt like she was nothing.

"Joshua," Mercy greeted, standing up and putting her script down on the table. "Hi."

"Hi, Mercy," Joshua replied. "Tim was just about to go get you, but I offered, so . . . uh, we're starting."

Mercy's eyes slightly widened. "We're starting?" She grabbed her jacket and pulled it on. "Oh God, we're starting."

"You seem stressed," Joshua commented as she zipped her jacket.

She let out a breathy laugh, the two of them leaving the trailer, Mercy slightly shivering. "Is it that obvious?"

"You're going to do great, Mercy. You're a great actress. I've seen it with my own eyes."

"Thank you," Mercy told him with a smile. "That really means a lot, because I'm extremely nervous right now."

"I am too," Joshua admitted. "But hey, I'll be there with you, and so will Scarlett. And Larry, Dara, and Olivia, but you'll love them."

Mercy looked up at him. "You've met them already?"

He nodded. "We saw each other in the parking lot when we arrived."

"I can't wait to meet them," Mercy said. "Oh, I have to ask Dara if she actually cried to the Wizards of Waverly Place movie."

"My guess is yes."

They soon got to the outside of East High, where the scene would begin. Mercy had a very enthusiastic hello with Olivia and Dara (Olivia practically jumped into her arms and Dara had caught Mercy when she almost fell) before Tim instructed them to get into places. Joshua, Larry, and Scarlett all moved off to the side in front of East High, prepared to come in when ready, while Dara and Olivia actually went inside to stand by the lockers.

Mercy took off her jacket, goosebumps arising on her skin. They had to pretend that it was warm out for the show, but in reality, Salt Lake City was pretty cold. Nerves started to flow through her veins as she looked around. There were so many cameras and so many people — extras to make it look like an actual first day of school — and Mercy felt her throat start to close up.

But hey, I'll be there with you, and so will Scarlett, Joshua's voice echoed through her head.

That made her feel way less nervous.

Mercy placed a backpack on her shoulders and put her hands on it, staring up at the front of the school. She heard action, and all of the extras walked by her, acting excited as they pretended to meet up with their friends. Mercy let out a deep breath — that wasn't acting, that was a total Mercy thing, but it seemed like that was something Athena would do.

"Hey, 'Thena," Scarlett then recited as Violetta, moving to stand by Mercy. "Where's lover boy?"

Mercy let out a groan, portraying Athena's annoyance. "Stop referring to Ricky as lover boy. And to answer your question, I'm not sure. Probably with Big Red or something."

"Is this finally going to be the year you confess your undying love to him?" Scarlett asked, a smirk on her face.

"Violetta!" Mercy scolded, her face burning red just like Athena's would be.

"Okay, okay, fine, I'm joking." Scarlett then looked up at the school. "Anyways, are you ready?"

Mercy shrugged at that. "I guess so. It's now or never, right?"

She took a step forwards. And just like in the script, Joshua, acting as Ricky, skateboarded right in front of her, coming to a stop. Mercy let out a sigh and stopped in her tracks.

Mercy crossed her arms. "How many times do I have to tell you to not skate in front of me?"

Joshua took off his helmet. "Not enough, apparently."

Mercy shook her head, but allowed a little smile on her face, because she knew Athena couldn't stay mad at Ricky for long. Larry, as Big Red, then skated in. He took off his helmet as well and completed the group of four.

"Hey, Red," Mercy voiced. She then noticed that Joshua was fumbling with the straps on his helmet, showing Ricky's nervousness. "What's going on with you?"

"Today's the day, Attie," Joshua stated. Then, on the spot, he slung an arm around Mercy's shoulder. That definitely wasn't in the script, but considering the closeness of Athena and Ricky, it made sense. Mercy didn't question it as they started to walk inside the building. "It's happening."

"Hell yeah," Larry recited. "Junior year, baby. Might grow a mustache, might do a lot of things."

"If you grow a mustache, I will literally never speak to you again," Scarlett responded.

Larry shrugged. "Better for me, then."

"Hey!"

"Dude," Joshua interrupted. "I'm talking about Nini. Today's the day we start over."

All of them heard cut, and they stopped. Mercy let out a deep breath. That was extremely nerve-wracking. Tim then told them that what they did was good, but he wanted them to do it again just to make sure. Everybody got back in their original positions — Mercy in front of East High, everyone off to the side, and the extras around her.

And as she stood there, waiting for the action call, Mercy couldn't help but start to feel like that breakdown she had last night was all for nothing. Because all the cameras and lights on her made her feel at home, and she couldn't ask for better people to act with.

--- ☆ • ♫ • ♪ • ♫ • ☆ ---

IMESSAGE CONVERSATION

the tiktok star [ mercy ]
joshua t [ joshua ]

joshua t
mercy
mercy
mercyyyyyyyy

the tiktok star
what's up joshua

joshua t
what are you doing rn

the tiktok star
sitting in my trailer
they told us to take an
hour break because we
refilmed the hallway scene
five times, remember?

joshua t
yes I remember
I was there

the tiktok star
okay I was just making
sure you didn't have memory
loss

joshua t
ha ha ha
I see we have a comedian on
our hands

the tiktok star
what can I say
I'm very funny

joshua t
oh I'm sure

the tiktok star

me, the queen of funny

joshua t
that's a straight up lie

the tiktok star
and I thought we were friends 😔

joshua t
no but seriously where do you get
all of these cool hats of yours

the tiktok star
I literally don't know I just somehow
acquire them
oh wait
why are you asking me what
I'm doing
we've gone off topic

joshua t
oh I'm just bored
I quite literally think every
one else is taking a nap

the tiktok star
rightfully so
it's been a bit of a long day
but there's no way ALL of them
are taking a nap

joshua t
okay maybe I'm over
exaggerating
I just wanted to talk to you lol

the tiktok star
aw <3
that was kind of sweet

joshua t
I truly try my best

the tiktok star
okay then let's talk
Let's play 8-Ball

joshua t
I'm not doing that again
last time you DESTROYED me

the tiktok star
as I should tbh

joshua t
I'm hungry

the tiktok star
okay then go to craft
they're there for a reason buddy

joshua t
but I want ice cream

the tiktok star
ooooh
now I want ice cream
look what you've done

joshua t
I found an ice cream place
five minutes away 👀

the tiktok star
are you suggesting . . .

joshua t
absolutely !

the tiktok star
oh my god I'm so there

joshua t
MEET ME AT MY HONDA

the tiktok star
On my way!
oh jesus fuck

--- ☆ • ♫ • ♪ • ♫ • ☆ ---

INSTAGRAM

liked by ivy.parker, adelainemorin, and 847,326 others

mercyparker love me some good sprinkles

tagged joshuatbassett

View all 632,190 comments

username rainbow sprinkles > chocolate sprinkles
username true
mercyparker so valid
username OMG MERCY HI

username the top 😍

username literally no one cares

ivy.parker okay but what flavor of ice cream
username ivy's asking the real questions
mercyparker coffee <3
ivy.parker gross
mercyparker DO NOT HATE ON MY COFFEE ICE CREAM
username yes mercy defend that coffee ice cream with your life!

joshuatbassett you look like a sprinkles gal
mercyparker the fuck's that supposed to mean?
username idk how they met or became friends but I literally love their friendship
username ugh same
joshuatbassett it's not a bad thing!

scarlett oh so THIS is where you guys went?
username mercy left scarlett behind for a boy?????
mercyparker joshua told me you were napping
scarlett . . . okay maybe I was but STILL

mattcornett I can't believe you got ice cream without me 💔
mercyparker if it makes you feel any better joshua got PISTACHIO ice cream so you weren't missing out on much
mattcornett okay that makes me feel kinda better
username who tf eats pistachio ice cream
joshuatbassett PISTACHIO IS A PERFECTLY LOGICAL OPTION
mercyparker wrong ❌

olivia.rodrigo hmmmmm
dararenee I agree
julialester things are being thunk
larrysaperstein very interesting indeed
sofiawylie on the first day too . . .
frankierodriguez all a little bit suspicious

joshuatbassett I KEEP GETTING FLAMED FOR LIKING PISTACHIO ICE CREAM
username BAHAHAHAHAHAHA
mercyparker and rightfully so :)

username I'm hopelessly confused
username retweet

═ • ° • ✧ • ° • ═

I literally spoke the charli and joshua interaction into existence. I'm too powerful nobody can stop me now

also do you know how many times I keep typing athena instead of mercy? this shit is hard

Fortsรฆt med at lรฆse

You'll Also Like

23.2K 987 24
I guess I'm not as over you as I thought that I was. HSMTMTS Season Two / Original Character ยฉJJ Sept 2022 - May 2023 ...
9.2K 450 19
I still do want you to want me like I'm wanting you. [ ej caswell x original character ] [ book three in the fallin' series ] [ part of the good time...
118K 4.4K 35
๐’‚ ๐’๐’Š๐’•๐’•๐’๐’† ๐’๐’Š๐’† ๐’๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“ ๐’‰๐’–๐’“๐’• ๐’‚๐’๐’š๐’๐’๐’†... ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ข๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐›๐ž๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ ๐š๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ก...
335K 7.7K 62
in which a new years kiss causes two teenagers to catch feelings โช joshua bassett x fem!oc โซ โช social media x real life โซ โช -hattieannas 2019 โซ c...