Returning To You

By darkromancelol

๐•๐€๐‹๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐€ ๐…๐€๐˜๐„ ๐’๐€๐๐“๐ˆ๐€๐†๐Ž was a very happy girl. When she was little her and her bestfriend wo... More

introduction & aesthetics
chapter 1- โhis returnโž
chapter 2- โsafe house โž
chapter 3- โaloneโž
chapter 4- โhanging outโž
chapter 5- โrememberingโž
chapter 6- โhold meโž
chapter 8- โinformationโž
chapter 9- โone roomโž
chapter 10- โclubโž
chapter 11- โmovieโž
chapter 12- โhospitalโž
chapter 13- โghostโž
chapter 14- โ๏ฟผalmostโž
chapter 15- โmasqueradeโž
chapter 16- โwaitingโž
chapter 17- โperiodโž
chapter 18- โunwantedโž
chapter 19- โi love youโž
chapter 20- โhomeโž
chapter 21- โfuneralโž
chapter 22- โtruthโž
chapter 23- โfirst timeโž
chapter 24- โlossโž
chapter 25- โcomfortโž
chapter 26- โit's timeโž
chapter 27- โbattleโž
chapter 28- โmissing youโž
chapter 29- โreunitedโž
chapter 30- โdrunkโž
chapter 31- โshowerโž
chapter 32- โsickโž
chapter 33- โpositiveโž
chapter 34- โdoctorโž
chapter 35- โparentsโž
chapter 36- โlustโž
chapter 37- โforty fiveโž
chapter 38- โhe's hereโž
chapter 39- โpeacefulโž
chapter 40- โhappyโž
epilogue
bonus chapter 1
bonus chapter 2
bonus chapter 3
thank you! <33

chapter 7- โbeing kidsโž

30.7K 581 154
By darkromancelol

TW/eating disorder

𝗜 𝗪𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗜 𝗖𝗢𝗨𝗟𝗗 say that me and Emilio met under good circumstances. I wish I could say that we had the best life ever as kids. But that would be a lie and why lie about your life to make it more like everyone else's when you could tell the truth and be proud of how far you've come.

When me and Emilio met it was a very rough time for me in my life. When I met him I was 9 and he was 10. At nine years old it's pretty common for a kid to be able to tell what emotions their feelings and knowing right from wrong. Knowing how your supposed to be treated and how your not. 9 year old me knew when someone was out of line.

Flashback: Emilio's POV- (Val is 9, Leo is 10)
I was going to the bathroom because my teacher said I could. I walked my way to the bathroom with my teddy bear in my hand that I use for comfort because my parents are always to busy at work to play with me so I'm stuck by myself.

On my way to the bathroom I was passing through the hallway when I see a little girl on the floor crying. She's so pretty like a princess. Her hair is so long and her face is so pretty. I also love her outfit! She doesn't know I'm here so I walk up to her and sit down.

"What's wrong?," I ask her. She lifts her head up to look at me and I give her a small smile because smiles always make me feel better. "The kids in my class are bullying me because I have no mom," she says while crying again. Ummm... what do I do she's to pretty to cry. "Do you want my bear he helps me to calm down and stop crying when I am sad," I say and offer her my bear with a big smile. She laughs and nods.

I MADE HER LAUGH!

She's so pretty when she laughs. She hugs my bear to her chest and she stops crying. "Why did they make fun of you?," I ask. She rubs her nose. "Because when my mom had me she died right after so they say it's my fault when I didn't want her to leave me," she says. "Those people are just meanies it wasn't your fault" I say. "Can I hug you?," She asks. "What is that?," I ask.

She doesn't say anything but wraps her arms around me. This feels nice I've never done this before. I hug her back. "Your very beautiful like a princess," I tell her and her face turns red. "Thank you your very handsome like a prince," she says.

SHE THINKS IM HANDSOME.

"Want to go hang out for recess?," She asks me. I nod and afterwards we play in recess for a while and no one bothers us. I can already tell she's going to be my bestfriend!
Flashback Over.

That is how me and Emilio met I was struggling with the guilt of thinking I killed my mom but Emilio, my Emilio told me it wasn't my fault and helped me see it wasn't so I believed him.

After that day we played together everyday and then we became teenagers and we hung out everyday until he turned 16 and I was 15 he got a girlfriend and he became distant and mean.

Flashback: (Val is 15 and Leo is 16)
I was excited to hang out with Emilio because I've been bored all day and my dads been busy. I decide to drive to his house to see if he would like to hang out with me today.

When my dad drops me off I knock on the door. He opens the door and moves and lets me in. "Hey Leo! Do you want to hang out today we could go to the movies or go bowling or we can go have a picn-," I say but was cut off.

"No I'm hanging out with my girlfriend Scarlett today," he says bored of the conversation. "Girlfriend?," I say while my smile fades a little bit. "Yeah she's really pretty I like her a lot," he says. My heart drops at that. "Oh," I say.

Emilio didn't know that I have been in love with him since we met. He was always there for me and understood my struggle and helped me. We would hang out everyday and we practically lived in each others house. Until I realized that I had feelings for him.

"Well maybe we can hang out later after you come back and we can have fun at th-," I try to say. "Valeria I don't want to hangout with you today I'm going with my girlfriend what don't you understand?," He says.

Valeria, he never calls me that. It's always val or carino what ever that means.

"Oh. Okay, we'll I'll just go I hope you have fun with your girlfriend," I say my smile fades. "I will," he says with a smile. I turn around and walk out of the house while tears continue to drip down my face. I walk my way to the park and sit on a bench we used to play on as kids.

I sit there and sob my heart out for a boy I was in love with who doesn't want to give me the time of day even just being friends.

For months it when on like that until he left all together.
Flashback Over.

So that is why I have such resentment towards him and am such a bitch to him. After he has been becoming distant when I was 15 I started to stress eat causing me to gain more weight. And when I turned 16 and he was 17 Emilio left and I was getting bullied a lot about my weight.

The bullying and him leaving caused me to spiral and develop anorexia. I've been to the hospital a few times for it and my dad tried his hardest to monitor what I eat but he was a busy man. Resulting in allowance of my weight drop.

I still do struggle with anorexia but I try to make myself at least eat one solid meal a day instead of just a snack here and there. Only Ivey and my dad know about my disorder and I would like to keep it that way!

When we were kids to teens we used to have movie nights every Monday and Friday. We would buy snack and stay in.

Flashback: Emilio's POV- (Val is 14, Leo is 15)
Today I am just cleaning my room to get ready for my sleepover/movie night with Val. I always get excited to hang out with her because I've been in love with her since I first saw her. Of course I would never tell her though.

I hear a knock at my startles me out if my thoughts. I run and open the door and see Val standing there with a smile on her face. She look so gorgeous. I smile at her. "Hey, do you want to go to the store to get some snacks?," I ask her and she rapidly nods her head. I have my personal driver take us because my mom and dad are gone. Again.

We make it to the store and I open her door for her. She thanks me and then walks with me into target. As we're walking someone almost hits her with their cart but she doesn't see so I quickly grab her hand and intertwine our fingers and pull her towards me. She gasps and then sees that someone almost hit her and takes a deep breath.

"Are you okay?," I ask. "Yes, thank you," she says and pulls my hand to go to the snack isle. We get there and she picks out barbecue chips and gummy worms and I pick potato chips and a bag of snickers. We both grab red Gatorade's in the squeeze bottle and make our way to checkout. We have been holding hands the whole time.

We drive home and get into my room. We put our snacks down and jump into the bed while playing pitch perfect. We watch the movie and eat while sitting for a while. We both are getting a little tired so we decide to lay down.

I pull her to me and she lays her head and right hand on my chest while I have my arms around her. I quickly kiss her forehead and we both fall asleep.
Flashback Over.

When I was a kid he made me realize that I wasn't alone. He took my bad days and turn them into something to be happy about whether it was just being happy to see him.

That was one of my best memories ever where I was truly happy. That was one of the many memories we had. At 16 I discovered the mafia and joined my dad soon after and trained every day to become one of the best assassins.

When Emilio came back I didn't know he has joined the mafia so it was a surprise for me. I was and am still mad that he left with no explanation.

That is chapter 7. I wanted to give a little backstory if my babies.

Thank you so much for 1k reads WTF. I'm making next chapter longer to say thank you!

Next chapter will resume we're we left off in chapter 6.

Thanks for reading see you next chapter. I love you- addyson <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4M 187K 105
"You wear your darkness like some women wear a little black dress, it's shining in those green eyes of yours." "Underestimating me will be anyone's f...
12.4M 373K 38
__โค๏ธŽ The Maid and the Mafia King โค๏ธŽ__ Losing her father at the age of 20, Bella started to search for jobs. Not to mention, she already was doing 2 j...
18.3M 435K 65
๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐œ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ. ๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐ง๐š๐ข๐ฏ๐ž. ๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐ข๐ง๐ง๐จ๐œ๐ž๐ง๐ญ. ๐๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ค๐ž๐ฒ ๐ญ...
413K 4.5K 39
Enemies don't look at each other the way you do. !!THE BOOK IS GOING TO BE EDITED SOON!! After the problem she went through and escaping her abusive...