The True Successor of Throne

By Tusundre

"Wifey, are you excited because you're feeling impatient?" he teased. "Wait, I'll satisfy you." his voice sh... More

~ Disclaimer ~
~ Character Introduction ~
~1~ Yearning for Love Blossom
~2~ Initiative to Find a Partner
~3~ Avoiding a Catastrophe
~4~ The Moonlit Night
~5~ Reminiscence
~6~ Frustration
~7~ Ignoring the Trouble
~8~ Hidden Truth
~9~ Plan for Revenge I
~10~ Plan for Revenge II
~11~ Vicious Planning
~12~ Confrontation
~13~ Heavenly Dress
~14~ Festival Banquet
~15~ Theories
~16~ Roaming Around
~17~ Aroma of Riches
~18~ News
~19~ World-shattering Truth
~20~ The Master Plan
~21~ Fruitful Execution
~22~ The Crown Prince
~23~ The Park Manor
~24~ Unexpected News
~25~ Secrets From Past
~ 26 ~ News of Death
~ 27 ~ Friends
~ 28 ~ Onset of Trouble
~ 29 ~ Encountering the Trouble
~ 31 ~ The Seventh Prince
~ 32 ~ Presence of Mind
~ 33 ~ The Royal Prince
~ 34 ~ Vengeful Plotting
~ 35 ~ Maneuvered Chess Piece
~ 36 ~ Unveiling the Truth
~ Epilogue ~ The New Emperor
~ Thank You All ~

~ 30 ~ Scheming

31 7 0
By Tusundre

Inside the horse carriage, Taehyung looked up at the moon and smiled. He didn't expect Lee Jonghyeok had a secret army. But he knew apart from him, Lee Jonghyeok didn't have anyone else to cooperate with Lee Jonghyeok. So there was no reason for him to allow Lee Jonghyeok to use him.

The emperor decreed to keep the crown prince position vacant.

At Consort Jung's chamber, she threw a cup of tea at a palace maid's face.

"You dare to let me drink hot tea?" she asked.

The palace maid knelt on her knees in front of her.

Hoseok stopped Consort Jung from kicking the palace maid.

"Eomma!" he said and signaled the palace maid to leave.

"You're becoming more impatient by the day," Hoseok said. "If you had kicked her, she would either die or be crippled. Do you want a rumor to spread about your cruelty? Now is a critical period. How can you lose control of your anger? Eomma, I know you're feeling the situation is unfair but you need to be patient and endure."

"Endure?" Consort Jung asked. "My son, I'm enduring for more than twenty years, but now in the eyes of the citizens, your Fifth brother has a perfect reputation. If I endure any longer then it'll be me and you who'll be kneeling in front of your Fifth brother!"

"If you don't control yourself then it's certain you'll be kneeling in front of Fifth brother!" Hoseok said.

"But Eomma, please think what are we going to do?" Hoseok asked.

"Think about it," Consort Jung said. "Between your Fifth brother and Second brother, who did you think is more suitable?"

"Second brother?!" Hoseok asked.

"In the past, your Second brother had your imperial father, his imperial mother's family support, and the citizens' admiration," Consort Jung said. "Where is your Second brother now?"

"He lost everything and died," Hoseok said.

"That's right," Consort Jung said. "He had everything and lost it. So we don't need to fear someone like your Fifth brother."

"Eomma, you're right," Hoseok said.

"Hoseok, I know what you're also worrying about," Consort Jung said. "You are my son, I know you also feel threatened that your Fifth brother has a good reputation, his wife is pregnant and he's gaining support from court officials."

"That's quite true, Eomma," Hoseok said.

"Hoseok, you don't need to worry about those minor obstacles," Consort Jung said.

Hoseok listened carefully to his mother's reasons.

"Hoseok, you can slowly improve your reputation," Consort Jung said. "Those court officials aren't foolish. They know in the end you'll be the crown prince so they didn't dare to commit all their resources to support your Fifth brother. What's important is military power!"

"But Lee Jonghyeok's been too dormant for years... what if Lee Jonghyeok and Fifth brother join their resources?" Hoseok asked.

"Hoseok, do you still not understand your imperial father?" Consort Jung asked.

"Imperial father?" Hoseok asked.

"Your imperial father is someone who wants to control everything within his hand," Consort Jung said. "In recent years your imperial father feels he is slowly losing control of everything. It makes him angry enough to be mentally tired and as a consequence, his health has declined. Do you think he wanted the harvest festival incident to happen? For Park Sang-Hee to fake pregnancy? Your Second brother to die? The empress to die? In front of everyone your imperial father acts like he's coping well but the truth is he's grieving, their deaths have a deep impact on the state of his mind and health, the same thing that happened after the death of Tae..... anyways he'll be lucky to live another three years."

"Eomma, is that true?" Hoseok asked.

"Hoseok, do you think that Physician Kwon is the only imperial physician who is on our side?" Consort Jung asked.

"Who else?" Hoseok asked.

"Your imperial father's most trusted imperial physician, Physician Heo," Consort Jung said.

Hoseok thought his mother was impressive.

"Hoseok, if you were in your imperial father's position would you give the throne to the first son who is strong and has support from most of the court officials, or would you give the throne to the second son who is weaker and has no military power?" Consort Jung asked.

"Of course, I would give the throne to the first son," Hoseok said.

"That's right," Consort Jung said. "Your imperial father is someone who values power and control. Of course, he wants to give the throne to the son that has control over the imperial court and military power. Even though your imperial father isn't completely satisfied with you, he's not foolish to give the throne to your weaker Fifth brother."

"Eomma, you're right," Hoseok said. "Imperial father isn't foolish to give the throne to Fifth brother. Because after Fifth brother sits on the throne, his supporters will turn against the Fifth brother and seize the throne. Imperial father wouldn't want his family dynasty to end with Fifth brother."

"Don't forget your imperial father suspected Lee Jonghyeok's ulterior motive long ago and that's why Lee Jonghyeok lost your imperial father's favor," Consort Jung said. "Now do you understand why I discussing with you?"

"Eomma I understand," Hoseok said. "If imperial father sees Lee Jonghyeok cooperating with Fifth brother, then imperial father will hate Fifth brother even more and Fifth brother will die pitifully."

"It's good you understand," Consort Jung said.

"Eomma, what about Seorin's pregnancy?" Hoseok asked.

"I couldn't stop the gods blessing her stomach with a prince," Consort Jung said. "Your Fifth brother's fate is too good. He hasn't been married for long but already has an heir."

Hoseok felt remorse after remembering the pitiful accident due to which he didn't have an heir. His official wife lost their son when she was three months pregnant, his mother showed him the proof that someone poisoned her which make the disaster happen and their second child was a girl... at least his second wife was pregnant and perhaps he would finally have an heir.

"Eomma, didn't you say, you used Blue lotus poison to poison her?" Hoseok asked. "How is it possible she's pregnant?"

"Perhaps I didn't use enough Blue lotus poison or someone found the remedy for her," Consort Jung said.

Consort Jung wasn't satisfied enough to eliminate the Park Manor, the empress, and Namjoon, she wanted to eliminate Seorin too.

"Eomma, now I understand why Physician Heo was willing to help you by giving the forbidden Blue lotus poison incense sticks to the empress to give to Park Sang-Hee to use in the Park Manor without the empress knowing that they were poisoned," Hoseok said.

"Your imperial father wanted a grandson for a long time," Consort Jung said. "If your Fifth brother's wife gives him a son and your second wife gives you a second daughter then I'm not certain what your imperial father's final decision will be."

"Eomma, what do we do about Seorin?" Hoseok asked.

"I don't know why your imperial father favors your Fifth brother's wife more than your second wife," Consort Jung said.

"That's right!" Hoseok said. "Imperial father even visited Fifth brother's wife and gave her two of his trusted imperial guards. I don't know who imperial father is wary of."

"Who else can it be but us?" Consort Jung asked. "I wanted to send our spies to your Fifth brother's manor but because of your imperial father, I can't anymore. It doesn't matter who wants to harm Seorin. If anything happens to Seorin while she's pregnant, your imperial father won't spare us."

"What do we do?" Hoseok asked. "Do we stand by and watch them?"

"What else is there?" Consort Jung asked.

"Eomma..." Hoseok said.

"Hoseok, don't worry," Consort Jung said. "I have a way to deal with Seorin."

"Eomma, what's your plan?" Hoseok asked.

Consort Jung said. "There'll be many opportunities like Consort Jeon won't live past spring and your imperial father's birthday banquet.... Anyways my son, leave this burden to your Eomma, I'll handle everything smoothly."

While Consort Jung and Hoseok were scheming, the bullied palace maid was sobbing in a corner of the palace gardens. Her face was burning from the hot tea. She wanted to find a soothing cream but she knew no one would give her the cream because they feared Consort Jung would punish them. Besides, she was too beautiful to be a maid and the other palace maids were jealous of her and happy her face was scorched.

She cried for half a day and finally, someone pitied her and gave her the soothing cream. It took away the stinging pain but she knew her face would scar.

Jimin was walking through the gardens but stopped after he heard someone sobbing pitifully.

"Who do you serve?" Jimin asked.

The maid stopped crying, stood, and bowed to Jimin.

"Official Park, I'm Minji and I serve Consort Jung," Minji said.

Jimin's eyes brightened. "What happened? Who did this to your face?"

"Official Park, it's my fault... I was careless," Minji said.

Jimin didn't believe Minji. "Do you know what happens if you disturb the peace in the palace by crying to amuse yourself?"

"I... I wouldn't dare... I..." Minji stuttered.

"Hurry and speak clearly!" Jimin said.

Minji sobbed, Jimin coaxed her, and finally, she confessed Consort Jung threw hot tea on her face.

"I understand," Jimin said. "Go find a physician from outside of the palace. I'll send someone to do that and he'll give you a remedy that won't leave scars."

Minji was deeply grateful, she continuously bowed to Jimin.

"In the future be more careful," Jimin said and left.

Jimin smiled while walking toward the emperor's chamber. Park Jimin survived in the palace for years and he knew small and big connections were both valuable. The emperor made it hard for Hoseok and Taehyung to spy on each other. So any hole in Consort Jung and Hoseok's defense would benefit Taehyung. Jimin anticipated Minji would be useful in the future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

South of the imperial city, Taehyung and Seorin traveled in a horse carriage and they happily viewed the sights of warmer landscapes.

Taehyung knew Seorin hated the cold winter so he asked his father to let him take Seorin to a villa north of the imperial city for her to bathe in hot springs and avoid the cold winter. His father consented and also gave Seorin two of his father's most trusted imperial guards.

Taehyung covered Seorin with a thick fur cape and he fed her rice cakes.

"Seorin, you only know how to eat and sleep," Taehyung teased. "Seorin, you need to move a little."

"Taehyung, aren't you the one who wants me to act weak?" Seorin asked. "So of course, I need to eat and sleep."

"If you didn't act weak then you wouldn't be allowed to go to the Mountain top villa," Taehyung said. "Your father-in-law rarely allows anyone to visit this villa. I've heard it was a beautiful place but I've never been there before. Your father-in-law is worried about your weak condition so, of course, we need to use this opportunity to visit this villa."

"Taehyung, you're more of a schemer by the day," Seorin said.

Taehyung laughed like a fox. "What else can I do? I know you're scared of being cold. When you were a little girl if it was a cold winter, you'll stay in bed and didn't want to go outside. So I'm scared you can't endure the cold winter in the imperial city."

Seorin didn't show Taehyung that her heart was filled with sweetness. "Taehyung, are you hiding something from me?"

"Rinnie, everything your husband said was true," Taehyung said.

Seorin stared at Taehyung's eyes for a while and he confessed.

"The truth is your father-in-law sent two of his imperial guards to follow us," Taehyung said. "Their purpose is to protect us and also spy on us. He's scared I'll secretly meet Lee Jonghyeok. That's why he let us go to the Mountain top villa because he wants to separate me and Lee Jonghyeok. If we get to amuse ourselves sightseeing and also make him happy then of course I'll grant his wish and keep my distance from Lee Jonghyeok."

"Taehyung, wouldn't us leaving the imperial city benefit the Third prince?" Seorin asked. "It'll make it easier for him to entice more court officials to his side."

Taehyung takes another rice cake for Seorin. "Rinnie, you don't need to worry about Hoseok hyung. Imperial father wants me to behave so I need to behave to let them slowly put their guards down. To me what's most important is my wife and child are safe. Consort Jung and Third brother are too cruel. So for now we need to hide somewhere safe."

"Are we truly not going to do anything?" Seorin asked.

Seorin was worried Hoseok's second wife would give birth to a son and the emperor would make Hoseok the crown prince and kill everyone at Taehyung's manor.

"Seorin, do you think we're wearier of them or they're wearier of our child?" Taehyung asked.

"Of course, they're wearier," Seorin said.

"If they haven't made a move then we don't need to be impatient and make a move," Taehyung said. "Consort Jung is a venomous snake hibernating in winter. We'll be prepared to strike when they make a move."

"Why does the emperor want to mislead outsiders to believe he's indecisive between you and the Third prince?" Seorin asked.

"Imperial father isn't immortal," Taehyung said.

"What?" Seorin asked.

"Imperial father loves to have everything within his control," Taehyung said. "He was disappointed Second brother didn't want the throne and he's still grieving for hyung. He hasn't found Second brother's killer so he must be angry to death. He hates being forced to do something he doesn't want to so he hasn't declared who his heir is. Also, he wants to vent his anger on Third brother by not feeding Third brother's arrogance. Now the two of them can be angry to death together."

After a day of traveling the horse carriage finally stopped. Taehyung helped Seorin out of the horse carriage and they looked at the beautiful mountain landscape together.

Taehyung led Seorin and everyone else into the villa and they ate a meal together.

That winter was the coldest winter in the imperial city. Hoseok endured the cold and worked the whole winter while Taehyung relaxed in the warm Mountain top villa with Seorin. When Seorin was napping, Taehyung went hunting for wild birds and rabbits. If he found anything rare, he would ask a messenger to deliver it to his father... the messenger would return with news about what happened in the imperial city.

Taehyung was angry after he found out Jeongguk was hit. Apart from the spoiled Jung Haeyun, no one would dare to hit Jeongguk. Jeongguk couldn't endure Haeyun's torture anymore and pushed her to the ground. The emperor wasn't angry at Consort Jeon but angry at Consort Jung for not knowing how to discipline Haeyun.

The news that saddened Taehyung the most was that the imperial physicians didn't expect Consort Jeon to live past spring.

The Mountain top villa was a tranquil place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N ~~~

A quick update guys... Hope you will enjoy it... ^_^ See you all in the next chapter......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 137 18
A marriage of an Alliance, brings two extraordinary souls together, A flirty king-to-be and A Princess who hates his guts, get Tangled in an Arrange...
567K 17.5K 64
( Fetus writing until chapter 10, after that the story turns exciting ig..。⁠◕⁠‿⁠◕⁠。) That one ruthless Mafia boss gets forcefully "MARRIED" to a pers...
388K 26.9K 49
⚠️Please be aware that the following content is the sole part of my imagination and has nothing to do with the mentioned idol⚠️ "I am going to make y...
329K 13.6K 24
[COMPLETED] Jeon Jungkook had to marry a boy against his will due to his family decisions but that boy wasn't just some typical abusive and alcoholic...