Art and Arts

By harry_potterfan1220

A Fletcher Quimby x Reader Story. A performer and an artist. The performer joins the A.N.T. Program, where sh... More

fANTasy girl
ANTswers
The ANTagonist
endurANTs
confinemANT
intelligANT
scavANTger hunt
restaurANTeur
trANTsferred, part 2
Secret agANT
unforeseen circumstANTs
product misplacemANT
feature presANTation
silANT night
unwANTed
the new york experiANTs
abundANT news

trANTsferred, part 1

722 10 0
By harry_potterfan1220

"I think I did pretty well on that French test," Fletcher said.

"It was a math test, Fletch," I said as I sat down at my desk.

"Ay, dios mio!" Fletcher exclaimed.

"That's Spanish," Olive commented.

"Oh. Well, then I did very badly either way," Fletcher decided.

"Don't worry, Fletcher. We're never going to need all this math. Yet everyone always tells you how important it is. In fact, if I had a nickel for every time I've heard it, I'd have... I'd have... some nickels," Chyna explained.

The chair she was about to sit in suddenly disappeared. "Ow!"

Angus laughed mockingly. "First victim of my holographic chair!"

"Angus! That was incredibly mean! Why would you do that to me?" Chyna snapped.

"It was meant for Fletcher," Angus said.

"Still incredibly mean," I cut in.

"Well, I don't understand. Our A.N.T. Pads can't project 3D images," Olive explained.

"Mine can," Angus replied. "I accessed the manufacturer's secure server and downloaded an experimental beta update. I'd be happy to tell you more detail, Fletcher, while you relax in this completely real lounge chair."

"No way. I'm not falling for that," Fletcher scoffed.

"Suit yourself." Angus sat on the lounge chair.

"Wait. You broke into the Z-Tech servers?" I realized.

"They're a huge, powerful technology company!" Chyna added. "Aren't you worried about getting in trouble?"

"Nope. There's absolutely no way they can trace it back to me," Angus assured us.

People dressed in black broke into the Ant Farm. "Because I used Fletcher's computer to do it." They held Fletcher by the arms.

~~~

"Don't hurt me!" Fletcher squeaked. "Do you not speak English? I'll say it in Spanish. X plus three equals seven!" Fletcher yelled. "Ah! He's got a weapon!"

I stood with the girls. A man unraveled the sticks, revealing a screen. It beeped.

"I am the great and powerful Grundy!"

We shrieked. "I created this new voice modulation app that makes your voice sound scary and awesome!"

"You're Zoltan Grundy!" Olive said. "I read your book about how you founded Z-Tech and built it into the world's largest technology company."

Mr. Grundy smiled. "You liked my book?"

"I said I read your book." Olive hated the book.

"Mr. Grundy, I am a huge fan," Chyna gushed. "I have your cell phone, your laptop, your desktop, your mp3 player, your tablet, your mini-tablet, and your jumbo mini-tablet. Wow, you have a really good marketing department."

"If you like the jumbo mini tablet, you'll love the mega nano jumbo mini-tablet. It's huge, while also being quite tiny," Mr. Grundy explained. "Now." Mr. Grundy's smile fell. "Where is the villainous cyber-crook responsible for the break-in?"

"It was him!" Fletcher pointed at Angus. "He framed me! He used my computer!"

"What?" Angus was lifted from the lounge chair.

"You're telling me some kid breached our network, bypassed our intrusion detection algorithms, and somehow figured out the answer to my security question?" Mr. Grundy questioned. "I mean, how did he know the name of my first pet? I miss Password. Such a great dog."

"So, what are you going to do to me?" Angus questioned, obviously scared.

"Well, I'd like to start... by shaking your hand. But I can't, because I'm on my private jet," Mr. Grundy explained. "I'm not flying anywhere. It's just very comfortable. So, what are you? Some sort of child prodigy?"

"Everyone in the A.N.T. Program's a prodigy," Chyna corrected him. "I'm a musician, Fletcher's an artist, Olive has an eidetic memory, (Y/n)'s a performer, and that kid rides a stationary bike!"

"You're in a special program for child prodigies?" Mr.Grundy said in disbelief. "I was a child prodigy."

"Yes, we know. Some of us labored through your book." Olive rolled her eyes.

"I've got to meet you guys in person and learn all about this A.N.T. program," Mr. Grundy said. "I'm on my way! Commandos, fall back! I love this app!"

The guys disappeared.

"Whew," Fletcher said in relief. "That was close." The hologram chair disappeared.

"Ha!"

~~~

"And here we have our stage, where our fine arts participants can show off their talents to the world!"

A spotlight fell, making me yelp in fright. I ran off the stage, almost falling into a hole in the stage, panting. I knew we were going to have some accidents, but I never expected Skidmore to potentially hurt some of my friends.

"Guys, take five!" I called.

"You don't have to tell me twice," Grayson replied, running off the stage.

~~~

"For my audition, I'll be dancing to Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy."

I danced to the song I knew too well. It was actually my first song for a performance. Mr. Grundy was grinning. I finished, posing like I would when I was with my group. Happiness ran through me.

"Fantastic!"

~~~

Fletcher ran up to me as I was getting off of the stage. He picked me up and hugged me tightly. I laughed, beaming, when he put me down. He probably got into the school too, no doubt.

"I got in!" Fletcher exclaimed, smiling brightly.

"I'm so happy for you!" I replied.

I didn't know what came over me. Maybe it was the serotonin. Maybe I wasn't paying attention. Or maybe it was the fact that I was scared I wouldn't get in and he would be gone for a while. No matter the reason, I felt soft lips on mine.

I didn't know who leaned in first. Probably him. We were kissing. And it felt so good. It felt like I was floating toward the sky, a lightheaded feeling filling me as the air got thinner. When we separated, I crashed to the ground, a pit dropping, my mind trickling back into reality.

"That was amazing," Fletcher breathed. "I'm sorry if this is the wrong time, but did you get in?"

"I can't check my email until I get home," I admitted.

It was softer and sweeter than the last. We were both smiling when we pulled away. I pulled him into a hug. The smell of his cologne lingered on his clothes as I laid my head on his shoulder. I was so happy.

~~~

Mr. Grundy and I walked in. I had two suitcases and a small tote bag with me.

"Hello, everyone. Welcome to the new Ant Farm, your home for the next four years! This state-of-the-art facility includes your new school, recreation facility, and living quarters. And by attending school here, there will be no limits to the accomplishments that you can achieve! All accomplishments become property of Z-Tech."

"Ow!"

"Sorry."

"That's okay."

Mr. Grundy did a double take. "Is that a talking duffel bag?"

Olive panicked. "Oh, yeah. It's the latest in luggage technology. You see, I also have a talking hip sack. People make fun of me, but I am one of the most convenient and secure places to store cash, identification documents, and other personal items. You said it, Sacky! Sacky..."

"Anyway, your new Ant Farm is the world's first roomavator. This entire room is in the center of the building. It moves up and down like an elevator, and also rotates like an elevator that rotates." He pushed a button. I could barely feel anything.

"Weird. It doesn't even feel like we're moving," Fletcher commented.

"Much like a houseboat, my dear boy," Angus added.

"That's because the roomavator employs inertial dampeners. And, because the Ant Farm is a roomavator, these doors can open into any room in the building." The doors opened. "The music room."

"Oh. You know who would love that?"

"Nobody," I quickly cut in, glaring at the bag. I knew Chyna was in there.

"Let's just see the next room." Olive pushed a few buttons. "Oh, careful. Some of the rooms in this building house sensitive, top-secret R&D facilities." The doors opened, revealing a man in a crib.

"What is he doing?" Angus questioned.

"Working on a mobile phone mobile," Mr. Grundy explained. "Cell phones for babies is a huge untapped market! Oh, of course, this project is still in its infancy." Mr. Grundy laughed. "We also have a fully equipped health club and spa." The elevator opened again. Lexi had cucumbers over her eyes.

"Oh, is this a tour?" Lexi asked. "I kind of already showed myself around." The doors closed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79K 2.5K 47
This is a story of two love birds named Mark and Y/N. Hope you like it! Also this is my first Markiplier x reader fan fiction so ya!
63K 418 25
All of these are x reader Different povs and you can imagine y/n however you like Y/n - your name Y/h/c - your hair color Y/e/c - your eye color (...
185K 3.9K 37
This is the sequel to my book Peter Parker x Reader. Please, go read book one first. Read and witness the adventures and romantic and fluffy moments...
11.9K 271 12
Your a single 25 year old comic book artist, who's hosting a Christmas dinner party your parents want you to be like your sister, to meet someone, ha...