Young Justice: Directive 51 (...

By Matt-From-Wii

(Y/n) (L/n) doesn't have an ordinary life, he never did. Brought into the Strategic Homeland Division at an e... More

Bio
Chapter 1: A Strange Beginning
Chapter 2
Chapter 3: Humanity
Chapter 4: Failsafe
Chapter 5: Disordered
Chapter 6: Secrets
Chapter 7: Misplaced
Chapter 8: A Trip to Paris
Chapter 9: Coldhearted
Chapter 10: Image and Agendas
Chalter 11: Insecurity
Chapter 12: Gone
Chapter 13: Rest
Chapter 14: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 15: Usual Suspects
Chapter 16: Auld Acquaintance
Chapter 17: Set the Stage
Chapter 18: Another Close Call
Chapter 19: Tip of the Talon
Chapter 21: Disaster
Chapter 22: The Aftermath of Victory
Chapter 23: Yet Another Tragedy
Season 2 Character Info
Chapter 24: First Day
Chapter 25: An Attempt at Comfort
Chapter 26: Project Mockingbird
Chapter 27: Depths
Chapter 28: Hurt
Chapter 29: Suffering
Chalter 30: Before the Dawn - Cornered
Chapter 31: A Strange Feeling
Chapter 32: Stranded
Chapter 33: War
Chapter 34: Repercussions
Chapter 35: Reunited
Chapter 36: Intervention Part 1
Chapter 37: Intervention Part 2
Chapter 38: Recovery
Chapter 39: Preparation for the Summit
Chapter 40: The Summit
Chapter 41: Endgame
Chapter 42: An Absent Clown
Chapter 43: The Guest House
Chapter 44: The Dominoes Start to Fall
Chapter 45: In the Mind of an Agent
Chapter 46: End of the Beginning
Chapter 47: A Vacation
Chapter 48: One Quick Mission
Chapter 49: Markovia
Chapter 50: Fate's Gambit
Chapter 51: A Sentinel of Order
Chapter 52: Private Security
Chapter 53: Rescue Op
Chapter 54: Triptych
Chapter 55: Home Fires
Chapter 56: Real Power
Chapter 57: True Heroes
Chapter 58: Sidelined
Chapter 59: The First Wave
Chapter 60: New York
Chapter 61: The Dark Zone
Chapter 62: The Penthouse
Chapter 63: Everything will Burn
Chapter 64: Early Warning
Chapter 65: Beginning of the End
Chapter 66: Death of the Division
Christmas in the Cave: (Christmas One Shot)
Chapter 67: Rogue Agents
Chapter 68: The White House
Chapter 69: Terminus
Chapter 70: Into the Breach
Chapter 71: Overwhelmed
Chapter 72: Nevermore
Chapter 73: It Belongs in a Museum
Chapter 74: Lovers on the Run
Chapter 75: Paradise Under Siege
Chapter 76: The Underworld
Chapter 77: The Beautiful Bride
Chapter 78: Doomsday vs The Justice League
Chapter 79: Rebirth
Chapter 80: ANNA's Plan
Chapter 81: Trapped in Time
Christmas Special # 2
Chapter 82: For All Magic
Chapter 83: Gotham City

Chapter 20: The Nest

2.7K 63 26
By Matt-From-Wii

(Y/n) POV:

I had blacked out briefly in the bedroom. I awoke on the roof as Kelso was strapping in my harness to a rope lowered from the helicopter. Everything hurts and my vision is cloudy when it's not spinning. Gunfire rang out all around me as I was lifted up into the helicopter.

Hoopster: "Hang on Vanguard, we've got you!"

I blacked out again and woke up a few minutes later.

Sutton: "He's bouncing in and out of consciousness! We need to get him to a hospital!"

Kelso: "Hey kid, listen. You've been shot in the back, your plate caught the bullet but it shattered on impact. A small fragment cut your back and you've lost a lot of blood."

(Y/n): "K-kid.... I'm your b-boss..."

Kelso: "That's a major technicality. He's going to be fine."

Greystone: "Exiting A.O.... Shit they've got a lock on us!"

Alarms started blaring inside the helicopter. My body was thrown to the right in the stretcher as the helicopter made a sharp turn to the right. I heard the helicopter's flares shoot off and an explosion rocked the helicopter as the missile exploded close by.

Kelso: "I see the SAM, our 4 o'clock!"

Greystone: "Got it! We're going to ride the tree tops and get out of here!"

I tried to keep my eyes open for as long as possible but my eyelids seemed to be getting constantly heavier. The pain quickly became too much to bear.

Kelso: "Hang on kid, you're doing so good! Don't black out, you've got to stay awake!"

My entire body feels like it's on fire, my head... It hurts so much.

Kelso: "Think of your magician! Stay awake for her! (Y/n)!"

(Y/n): "K-kel.... s-sorry."

Kelso: "(Y/n)!"

Everything hurt so much. I really tried to stay awake, for Zatanna. For everyone that's given me a home, taken me in and helped me. I-I hope I made them proud.

My eyes slowly closed against my will as the pain took over. I tried to stutter out an apology to Kelso and say one last goodbye to Zatanna but I never got the chance.

——————-——————————————————

Zatanna POV:

I woke up late in the morning. I spent the day wandering throughout the cave with Wally and Artemis. Dick, Kaldur and Barbara were working with Batman. Batman spent the time we were at the lodge completing his investigation into who placed the fear toxin into the water line. Apparently the caves security system recorded a person wearing League of Shadows gear planting the device.

(Y/n) still wasn't back yet. I was hoping he would be back before morning. Raquel joined us in walking around the Cave shortly after lunch. Despite this being our home and the only leaguer that regularly spends time here is Red Tornado, I still feel like we are being constantly guarded. Not that I mind, it makes everything seem a whole lot safer, but I do miss the freedom to do whatever we want.

Raquel: "Any of you get the feeling that we are still being treated like kids?"

Wally: "No not really. Why do you think so?"

Raquel: "Well before we went on vacation someone broke into the Cave. They broke into our home. That makes it our fight. We should be running point on this investigation and going after whoever hired the shadows to break in here. I mean we have three extremely capable detectives on the team."

Artemis: "I get it, but with what we dealt with before leaving for the lodge... It kinda makes me get why the League is running the investigation and honestly I'm loving the inactivity. We train for a few hours each day and then have the rest of the day to relax, it's like we're still on vacation."

Wally: "Have you heard from (Y/n) yet?"

Zatanna: "No, I was hoping he'd be back by now..."

Raquel: "I'm sure he's alright. He's got the entire agency backing him up."

Zatanna: "I hope you're right."

Batman's voice cut in and echoed throughout the hallway stopping us in our tracks.

Batman: "Team, report for briefing."

The entire team was lined up in the main training area. Batman was talking about the League of Shadows member who infiltrated the Cave and possible clients and what they could have gained from using the fear toxin on us.

To tell the truth I was barely paying any attention. My gaze was focused on the zeta tubes behind him, waiting for them to activate and (Y/n) to walk through.

Suddenly ISAC's voice cut off Batman as he was talking. I had no idea (Y/n) uploaded ISAC into the Cave computer system. If he did mention it I completely forgot about it.

ISAC: "Emergency override, authorization Vanguard. Welcome Alani Kelso."

The zeta tube activated and Kelso emerged. We turned her attention to her and Batman asked the question that was on most of our minds.

Batman: "How did it go and where's (Y/n)?"

Kelso: "Terrible, computer national news."

Cat Grant appeared on screen standing in front of a burning mansion with fire crews surrounding it attempting to put out the massive building fire before them.

Cat: "We're here in front of the Secretary of State's home. It is believed that both Tyler Whitman and his wife Catherine Whitman were home at the time the blaze started. Government officials are shocked at this surprising turn of events and have sent their condolences to the Whitman family."

Kelso: "The official cause of the fire will be a gas leak caused by home renovations in the basement. In reality I ordered an airstrike on the building. ISAC, play my helmet cam footage on screen."

What I watched for the next three minutes got increasingly horrifying as it went on. We heard everything that transpired, Whitman freaking out about the Court of Owls, whatever they are, and then the alarm system. We watched Kelso and (Y/n) run to the bedroom and come face to face with six of the assassins we fought on the mountain. (Y/n) fought to get them to the bed and get to Catherine and that's when it happened.

(Y/n): "Sir, get away from-"

*BANG*

(Y/n)'s helmet feed cut out and Kelso's head turned and at the corner of the screen. I watched (Y/n) fall face first off the bed and drop his rifle. My heart stopped and I zoned out for the rest of the recording.

Kelso noticed me panicking and paused the footage.

Kelso: "He's at Washington general. He lost a lot of blood. It... it isn't good. The plate caught the bullet but shattered on impact and a small piece of the plate made a rather large cut into his back."

She played the recording and I watched bullets fly into the bedroom and hit the assassins. Kelso grabbed Whitman and ran out to the balcony the second the bullets stopped. Three more agents were on the balcony, the same agents from the Eclipse but I don't know their names. They went into the bedroom and grabbed (Y/n). They dragged him out while firing at the assassins. Screams could be heard from the bedroom as the assassins made short work of the guards that burst into the bedroom to protect the Whitman's.

The agents attached harnesses to themselves and Whitman and were lifted up into the helicopter with the assassins right on their heels. After a short flight which included the helicopter dodging a missile the footage stopped.

Kelso: "I'll take you to (Y/n). Whitman is also at Washington general. He's being held overnight for observation, one of the assassins throwing knives hit his shoulder."

Batman: "What about Catherine?"

Kelso: "With any luck she died in the bombing but they haven't found her body yet so odds are she escaped with the assassins, which she called talons."

The room was silent and I began to walk to the zeta tube with Wally and Artemis close behind me.

Kelso: "They aren't human, these "talons", we hit them several times in the mansion and we only managed to slow them down or make them back off. I have no idea what they are but we need to find an efficient way to stop them."

Batman: "It will be hard without having one to examine but they appear to be fearful of fire."

Wally: "I'm fearful of fire."

Kelso: "No he's right, they seemed to back off when we used it on the mountain and in the mansion."

Artemis: "That's great and we can figure out how to use it against them later but we have to get to our friend."

I whispered a soft 'thank you' to Artemis before the entire team travelled to Washington general.

Upon reaching the hospital Kelso led us up to a private room. My heart is racing, I'm fighting off tears and I'm doing a terrible job of it. The entire floor was crawling with police officers and SWAT officers. Kelso pointed to a room with two SWAT officers guarding the door and told us that (Y/n) was inside.

I went to walk through the door but the guards stopped me.

Officer: "Sorry ma'am, no visitors until the doctor says so."

Zatanna: "You really want to get out of my way..."

There was a brief moment of tension and I could tell my cold words terrified the guards. They have no right to keep me out! He needs me! I need to make sure he's alright!

Officer: "Ma'am we must-"

Zatanna: "I said MOVE!"

————————————————————————

Artemis POV:

I looked at Zatanna arguing with the officer and I could see her reflection in the window of the door. Her eyes began to glow white and she started floating a few inches above the ground.

Zatanna: "uoy lliw tel em-"

Artemis: "Zatanna!"

I grabbed her hand and her eyes returned to normal as she landed back on the ground.

Artemis: "It will be alright just wait until the doctor gives the word. It won't be much longer and we're all here."

Zatanna: "H-he was shot... w-what if he..."

She couldn't finish her sentence. Not without crying.

Artemis: "Come here... it's going to be alright."

I pulled Zatanna into a hug and held her as her breath steadied. She was trying so hard to keep herself composed and not break down crying.

3rd person POV:

Kelso stood back from the team and watched as some paced back and forth, others sat and looked incredibly worried and others tried to comfort the more concerned ones like Zatanna, who if it weren't for Artemis would have forced her way into the room.

Batman moved over to stand beside Kelso, they are both incredibly worried about (Y/n). Kelso was trying to think about the team and how she could help them, but her mind kept circling back to the sudden appearance of the "talons" and how effective they are kept pulling her mind off the subject.

Batman: "I need to have a look at the mansion."

Kelso: "FBI agents have the place sealed off but it shouldn't be too hard to get in after dark."

Batman: "I'll be back."

Kelso: "I'm going with you, I want to have a look at that SAM system."

The two left without saying a word as the door to (Y/n)'s room swung open. A female doctor walked out. She has long brown hair put up in a ponytail. She wore a lab coat and blue scrubs underneath. Zatanna rushed to see the doctor, throwing herself out of Artemis's embrace. Zatanna quickly studied the doctor for her name tag and desperately asked every question that was rattling around in her head.

Zatanna: "How is he? What's the extent of his injuries? Can we see him?"

Kandel: "Slow down, dear. It will be alright. I stabilized your friend and the injuries aren't life threatening anymore. He should be alright to walk tomorrow but should refrain from any field work for at least a week. You need to understand he's lost a lot of blood, he wasn't in good shape when the agents brought him in."

Zatanna: "When can we see him?"

Kandel: "He's asleep right now. You can all go in but if you do try to keep the noise down. He needs the rest."

Zatanna: "Thank you. Thank you so much."

The team entered the hospital room and found (Y/n) asleep on a hospital bed. Zatanna was quick to move to (Y/n) side and sit in a chair. She grabbed (Y/n)'s hand and gently caressed it while the rest of the team spread throughout the room.

(Y/n) was motionless and the sound of his breathing was drowned out by the beep of the heart rate monitor.

Dick: "Batman thinks Catherine survived the mansion fire. We need to have a talk with her."

Kaldur: "Agreed, but we have to find her first."

M'gann: "Didn't Kelso say Whitman was also being held here."

Dick: "Let's go talk to him."

Tula: "Lead the way."

Dick: "Some of us can stay here, we don't all need to barge into his hospital room."

Artemis: "Wally and I will stay with Zatanna."

Conner: "M'gann and I can hang back as well."

Kaldur: "Alright, everyone else with me."

After Kaldur led the group that was going to find Whitman out of (Y/n)'s room, the remaining members of the team spread around the room and got comfortable. Artemis excused herself to go grab a drink from the vending machine and use the washroom.

On her way back to the room she was passing by the doctors and nurse station, she couldn't help but notice the voice of (Y/n)'s doctor.

Nurse: "Are you looking at that kid's chart again?"

Kandel: "I can't help it. It's almost unnatural."

Artemis immediately crouched and moved up close to the desk separating her from the crowd of doctors and nurses.

Kandel: "Look at the report of his injuries he supposedly sustained a few hours ago, then look at what we saw five minutes ago. It's like the injury has been healing for weeks but it's only been a few hours. I can't explain it."

Nurse: "Maybe you made a mistake, we can check it again once his visitors leave."

Artemis decided to head back to the room before she was spotted. Her mind was racing, she wasn't quite sure what to make of what she heard.

After a minute of standing outside of (Y/n)'s room she decided it would be best if she kept it to herself for now. Who knows, it might be nothing and she shouldn't worry everybody if it's just a mistake by the hospital staff.

Artemis let out a quick sigh before gently pushing open the door and walking into the room.

(Y/n) POV:

I gasped as I woke up and shot up with a sharp pain in my lower back. As I tried to push myself up my body exploded in a sharp pain. The bright light of the hospital room blinded me. I can feel Zatanna's hands on my chest and she gently pushes me back down into the bed. I can't see her but I recognize the touch even through the thin fabric of the hospital gown.

Her hands take away the pain and replace it with a cool softness that I wish I could feel across my body. I let out a few sharp groans of pain as Zatanna push me down.

Zatanna: "Hey it's alright, we're here."

Her voice was so soothing, my breathing steadied and my eyes began to focus. Artemis, Wally, Conner and M'gann all stood around the bed and Zatanna was at my side. They all look terrified and sad at my current state.

Conner: "They told us you're going to be alright."

Zatanna: "I told you to be careful!"

(Y/n): "I-I thought she was a civilian. I saw the 'talons' and my first thought was to save her."

Wally: "You did great, just rest now."

(Y/n): "I-I should've known, should've figured it out sooner..."

M'gann: "You had no way of knowing, you did great and you saved Secretary Whitman."

(Y/n): "Where is he?"

Conner: "In the building somewhere. Dick and Kaldur are going to talk to him."

(Y/n): "Alright, let's get out of here. I need a shower and a change of clothes."

Zatanna: "The doctor said to wait until tomorrow before you try to walk."

(Y/n): "It's Kandel, Zee, she always overestimates....Ahh!"

The sharp pain in my back returned as I put my feet on the ground. Zatanna grabbed my arm and made sure I didn't fall, she was attempting to gently push me back to the bed. I resisted her attempt and once the pain subsided I started to limp towards the washroom.

(Y/n): "I'm good Zee, I really am."

Conner: "You almost collapsed four seconds ago."

(Y/n): "I don't remember asking."

Wally: "He's right, lay down and rest. You don't have to be the one who fights the Court of Owls head on."

(Y/n): "I'm not going to lie in bed while my agents get slaughtered by something we can't kill... I need some fresh air. The roof has a garden, let's go sit there."

Artemis: "Alright but let us help you walk."

Conner: "At least until you get your strength back."

I ignored their request and went to the side of the room where my clothes were put. I grabbed my combat shirt, pants and boots before walking to the washroom.

M'gann: "What do you think you're doing?"

(Y/n): "Getting changed, I'm not walking through the hospital in a gown."

Wally: "You're a patient! You can't leave the hospital so I don't know what you think you're doing!"

(Y/n): "There are agents out there I'm responsible for... I'm their leader, or one of them anyways. I'm not going to appear all weak and defeated while being carried around."

Artemis: "There's nothing wrong with-"

(Y/n): "I refuse to be a weak leader, I was shot on my first mission after being promoted. That's not good for morale. Plus, I'm fine and can walk on my own."

Zatanna: "Fine! But you're walking up the three stories to the roof!"

Wally: "How do you know this place has a garden on the roof anyway?"

(Y/n): "I've been here before."

I went to the bathroom and quickly got changed, well, as quickly as I could anyway. My shirt has a small hole in the back from the wound I sustained and a bunch of dried blood, I don't really care. To tell the truth, my back still hurts a lot, I can see the cut in the mirror. Kandel has done a great job yet again. I put on my boots and exited the bathroom to see everyone still glaring at me. I'm not sure if they're angry or worried I'll fall over on my way out the door.

(Y/n): "Well, let's go."

Zatanna scoffed at me before opening the door.

After convincing the guards I wasn't going to try and flee the hospital we made our way to the stairwell. Before anyone could ask if I was 'ok' again I walked up the first flight of stairs without any major issues. Of course it still hurts like hell but I can push through it.

(Y/n): "Ta-da! Happy?"

Wally: "Look we only want to make sure-"

Zatanna: "Oh I'm so done with you not taking your safety seriously!"

(Y/n): "Zee it's okay, I'm fine..."

Zatanna: "Ok... etativel (n/y)."

Everyone else began to laugh as the panic set in. I hate when she does this for her amusement and she knows it.

(Y/n): "ZEE! PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW!"

Zatanna spun me around once and flew me up the next flight of stairs. Their laughter increased as smiles replaced the concerned looks they had moments before.

(Y/n): "ALRIGHT! Alright Zee you win! You guys can carry me up or whatever it is you want!"

Zatanna: "Oh no. You don't get off that easily."

(Y/n): "Fine, I'm sorry for getting shot."

Zatanna looked me dead in the eyes, hearing I got shot must have terrified her. I couldn't even imagine how I would act if I found out she was shot.

(Y/n): "And I'm so sorry for scaring you."

Zatanna: "I-I... just please be careful."

(Y/n): "I will Zee. Now can you set me down?"

Zatanna: "On the roof. We enjoy tormenting you."

She laughed as I floated the rest of the way up to the roof.

Once we arrived at the roof we sat on a few benches in the center of the garden. We talked for a while and it wasn't long before the group split up into couples to view the starry sky. Zatanna and I were left alone. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled herself close to me. I wrapped my hands around her waist and pulled her onto my lap, her legs stretched out and rested on the arm of the bench while I supported her back. I didn't need to support it for long, Zatanna leaned into my chest and I was able to place my hand on her waist and hold her.

Zatanna: "I'm sorry for getting mad earlier. I was just so scared when Kelso showed us the video of you being shot."

(Y/n): "I can't even imagine what I would do if someone shot you."

Zatanna kissed my neck quickly, before her head came to rest in the crook of my neck.

Zatanna: "Well, I hope we never get shot at again."

We both laughed at her statement. I absolutely love the sound of her giggling, it makes me so happy.

(Y/n): "Well, we could always retire. Then we wouldn't get shot at."

Zatanna: "Yeah, but we can't do that to the team. They're counting on us."

Before I could respond we heard footsteps approaching from the direction of the stairs.

Greystone: "Excuse me sir."

(Y/n): "Hey Greystone, what's up?"

Greystone: "You're needed in the lobby."

Zatanna: "For what, he should be resting, what's going on?"

Greystone: "It's better you see for yourself and take this."

Greystone is known for being a great pilot and a tad bit reckless. If he's handing me a gun, something is wrong.

(Y/n): "Artemis, Wally, M'gann, Conner, we're needed in the lobby! Let's go!"

When we arrived in the lobby I couldn't believe my eyes.

Keener: "Hey guys. Long time no see."

Keener was on his knees, surrounded by agents and police alike. They all had their weapons trained on him and nobody dared to approach.

I could almost feel the fear coming from the others behind me. Mostly Zatanna, which I totally understand.

(Y/n): "If he breathes in a way you don't like, shoot him."

Agent: "Yes sir."

Keener: "Missed you too."

(Y/n): "What game are you playing this time?"

Keener: "No game. I need your help."

(Y/n): "Oh this will be good. Cuff him and move him to a secure room."

————————————————————————

We stood outside of the small holding room. The room was used to hold criminals while they waited for a doctor to tend to them. Keener was inside sitting on a chair while handcuffed to a table which was bolted to the floor.

Zatanna: "What does he want?"

(Y/n): "I don't know but I'm going to find out."

Artemis: "Just be careful. This guy's proven to be extremely unpredictable."

Wally: "He's handcuffed in a secure room with almost a hundred cops in the building. Not to mention all of us."

(Y/n): "That doesn't change a thing. He's incredibly capable and we only have him here because he wants to be here."

Conner: "We can go in with you."

(Y/n): "No, I need to do this alone."

I opened the door and stepped into the room. It was dimly lit by a single lightbulb and Keener smiled as I entered. I would be lying if it didn't send chills down my spine.

Keener: "Hey kid, how's your back?"

(Y/n): "What do you want?"

Keener: "How's the witch? How's she holding up? Maybe I'll put all your little hero's friends in vests next time."

He was trying to get under my skin and was doing a damn good job at it. I don't know how someone can become so twisted when they seem relatively sane, I guess it was all just a mask.

(Y/n): "You have three seconds to tell me what you want or the next agent to come in here will put a bullet in your brain."

Keener: "Oh please. You don't have the guts to do that. You want to be just as much of a 'hero' as the rest of your super powered freak friends. And heroes don't kill. I wonder what they would do if they found out about your little adventure into Bialya. When you stole the tech that connected Maxwell to Cadmus, you killed several Bialyan soldiers. Will your friends ever trust you again if they found out what you did?"

(Y/n): "What do you want?"

Keener: "Fortunately for you, not to blackmail you. We have a mutual bird problem."

I glared at him from across the room and he continued. I don't know how he knows about the Court of Owls, whatever game he's playing it's clear he's several steps ahead.

Keener: "I'll show you where they are and how to beat the 'talons' and you deal with them."

(Y/n): "And what do you get out of it?"

Keener: "They're an obstacle for my plans. The only benefit I get from you dealing with them is that I don't have too."

(Y/n): "And if I don't accept."

Keener: "You will. Whether you've realized this or not. You'll do anything to keep that witch of yours safe. If you refuse my offer I'll have her begging to be killed and force you to do it."

His words sent chills down my spine and I froze. He's not lying. I know he'll find a way to make my fear a reality. It's what he does. I tried to force myself to keep a brave face but I'm almost certain it broke and I caved in.

(Y/n): "Fine! Where are they!"

Keener: "Not too far from where you got shot. There's a hatch in the maintenance shed on Whitman's property. It will lead you to the Owls nest. It's a large underground facility where they build the talons."

(Y/n): "Build?"

Keener: "The talons aren't human... anymore at least. Their leader will be a human, they will call him or her Talon. The talons are the assassins you have fought and shot several times. The Owls use a chemical similar to the Lazarus Pit to reanimate their dead assassins of the past."

(Y/n): "How do we kill something that's already dead?"

Keener: "A headshot through the brain will sever the connection that the Owls use to control them. Alternatively extreme cold will render them useless, or fire to burn them to a crisp."

Keener stood up, dislocated his thumbs and slipped the handcuffs off before snapping them back into place without so much as a grunt of pain and all in a split second. I drew my pistol and aimed it directly at his head.

Keener: "Now you have everything you need. I'll be seeing you... commander."

(Y/n): "Don't move a muscle."

Keener: "If you're going to be a leading agent in the SHD, work on your intimidation."

Keener slid under the metal table right before the wall blew up and I was sent flying back into the door. I screamed in pain as my back hit the wall. By the time I caught my breath and collected myself the door flew open and everyone ran in.

Zatanna: "(Y/n)! Are you alright?"

Dick: "Where is he?!"

(Y/n): "Gone. But I got what we needed. He told me where to find the Owls."

————————————————————————

M'gann brought the boiship up to the roof where the entire team boarded. It took a lot of convincing to let me come with them but I managed to do it. According to Dick, Whitman didn't know anything of value and was just as shocked as I was that his wife is a member of the Owls.

Dick and I stood in the cargo hold while the rest of the team sat in the main area of the bio-ship. We were both preparing our gear and weren't talking until I heard Dicks phone vibrate in his pocket. He pulled it out to check it and his expression changed to one of sorrow.

(Y/n): "What is it?"

Dick: "It's GA. He and Black Canary have been searching with Roy for the real Roy. They haven't found a thing. Roy's getting desperate. According to Black Canary he isn't handling the situation very well."

(Y/n): "I take it he doesn't believe that Cadmus 'deleted' the source material."

Dick: "Yeah. I get it was Cadmus policy to delete the source material and I don't think the real Roy is alive but our Roy, the Roy we've known our whole life. He seems convinced that the original is still out there."

M'gann: "We've arrived at Whitman's residence."

Dick and I walked back into the main area of the bio-ship and I stared out at the mansion I recently got shot in. I popped a few painkillers when Dick wasn't looking. The pain was starting to flare up again but hopefully this will help keep it at bay.

Batgirl: "Batman's tracker puts him just out into the wilderness."

Aqualad: "Land and we will rendezvous with him."

I loaded my rifle and exited the bio-ship when M'gann landed. We have a massive group of heroes now so sneaking into the facility will be difficult. We only know of the one way in so I guess that means we go in loud.

We met up with Batman and Kelso, they were examining the SAM launcher that targeted Greystone's Blackhawk as he was flying us to safety.

We led them to the shed, there was no lock on the door so I slowly opened it.

Kelso: "Wait so the entrance is in this shed?"

(Y/n): "One of the entrances. I can't imagine that it's the main one."

Batman: "And how did you find this out?"

Wally: "You really don't want to know."

Inside the shed several wooden shelves were tipped over and gardening tools lay scattered about.

Conner: "Found it."

Tula: "I'll get the hatch."

Tula used water from the outside garden hose to smash through the small hatch in the back corner of the shed.

We dropped down through the small hatch and made our way through the facility.

(Y/n): "ISAC reports no alarms have been triggered."

Batman: "Let's keep moving."

After a short run we came to a computer terminal and a large metal door.

(Y/n): "Give me a second to bypass the door."

I activated ISAC and it began downloading the facilities schematics as well as granting me control over all the doors in the facility.

ISAC: "Security bypassed. Door unlocked."

The metal door slowly opened and we entered the room. It was massive. Easily the size of the caves loading bay. Metal pods big enough to fit a person lined the walls all the way to the roof, each filled with a green liquid. Apart from that there's a small computer station in the center of the room and as we walked in the lights automatically turned on illuminating the metal walls and floor which were painted white.

Aquagirl (Tula): "What is this place?"

Zatanna: "I-I don't know. Some kind of lab I think."

Robin: "This liquid... it looks awfully familiar..."

Batman: "The Lazarus Pit. I believe this liquid is some sort of chemical copy. Doesn't provide the full effects of the Pit but does reanimate the dead to some extent."

Kelso: "So that's why we couldn't kill them."

(Y/n): "Let's keep moving. We take out the leadership and we cripple the Court of Owls for good."

Batman: "We aren't-"

(Y/n): "I didn't mean kill. We have to shut them down and disable control of their talons."

???: "That is quite an interesting plan."

The voice echoed throughout the facility and we formed a small circle checking every possible hiding spot to see who spoke.

A figure jumped down in the center of our group and kicked Batman into one of the pods before grabbing Garth by the neck. He then knocked Wally and Kaldur down before stepping away. He faced us as he backed up laughing as we scrambled to our feet and got ready to attack.

He looked at Kelso and I as we helped Kaldur and Wally get to their feet.

???: "I take it Keener sent you. Didn't think I could make him that desperate but he really must need that virus."

(Y/n): "Who are you?! How did you get to Keener?!"

Talon: "It's Talon heroes, I thought Keener would have told you about me. I lead the talons and I will make this place your grave. Then I will find Keener and kill him for this betrayal."

Kelso: "Funny you want to kill Keener. Get in line."

Aquagirl: "Let him go!"

Garth was now gasping for air. It doesn't look like he can hold on much longer. I leveled my rifle at Talon and Kelso did the same. Batman made a move before I could think of a way to free Garth without killing Talon. He threw a batarang at Talon who was forced to drop Garth in order to block it with his gauntlet. Aquagirl rushed to Garth

We can't waste any time fighting Talon. We need to secure the Court before they all escape.

(Y/n): "ISAC says the main assembly area is through those doors! We need to secure the Court!"

Artemis: "Right behind you!"

Kid Flash: "Let's go!"

When we exited the lab and began running down the long hallway to another large door. Well Artemis and I did. Kid Flash was already there. Kelso's voice crackled through my headset.

Kelso: "Kid get back here! We shouldn't separate, you guys have a terrible track record with separating!"

Well she does have a really good point. I'm not letting the Owls get away. We arrived at the door and Kid Flash was already working on opening it.

Kid Flash: "Almost got it...."

(Y/n): "ISAC open the door."

ISAC: "Door unlocked."

The electronic lock clicked off as Kid Flash stood up.

Kid Flash: "Hey! I had it!"

Artemis: "You can get it next time babe."

(Y/n): "Not if he's that slow."

Kid Flash: "Hey I'm not slow!"

I rushed into the room, gun raised with Artemis and Kid Flash right behind me. We gasped in shock at what we saw. The entire Court of Owls organization, tens of people all wearing the white mask, slaughtered. Their bodies scattered about, cut to shreds by what looks to be a mixture of swords and claws.

The room looked like a fancy hotel lobby with a large rectangular table and chairs all around it. If it weren't for the blood, body parts and organs that covered the entire place it would look nice.

Artemis: "I-I'm going to be sick!"

Kid Flash: "T-their all dead!"

Artemis: "Who would do this?! Why would anyone do this?!"

(Y/n): "The only other person in the facility. Talon."

We ran back to the lab. We can't let Talon slip away, we need to know why he would do this.

(Y/n): "Vanguard to all points, Talon has killed the entire Court of Owls! Do not let him escape the compound!"

Kaldur: "Acknowledged."

We arrived back at the lab to find Talon in a fight with Batman. Everyone else was trying to attack but Talon appears to be an expert fighter and was actively sending the team on the defensive while focusing on his fight with Batman.

Zatanna attempted a spell but was hit with Aqualgirl when Talon threw her. He stopped fighting and ran to the controls in the center of the lab when he saw Artemis, Kid Flash and I re-enter the lab.

Talon: "This is where the fun begins!"

Talon slammed his fist down on a button and the pods all began to open with the green liquid spilling out across the floor, forcing us to the center of the room as nobody wanted to touch the steaming hot liquid.

Talon: "I suppose you saw my handiwork in the nest."

(Y/n): "Why kill the Court! What can you possibly gain from destroying the organization that gave you power? Without it you're nothing."

Talon: "Wrong Vanguard, the Court believed they had my absolute loyalty. They gave me full control of the talons, all of them. With them I'll restart the Court of Owls, they'll be completely loyal to me."

The talons started jumping out of their pods. Forming up at either ends of the lab, trapping us in the middle.

(Y/n): "Remember, they're not alive so don't hold back."

Kaldur: "Stay together and work as a unit."

Kelso: "Hope you've got a better plan than that!"

(Y/n): "I do. ISAC lock all exits except the hatch we entered through."

ISAC: "All exits are sealed barring one."

(Y/n): "This lab must have a power source, a reactor somewhere. ISAC... overload it."

ISAC: "Confirmed."

(Y/n): "Kelso and I will cover the retreat. We can stop the talons with headshots, everyone else get to the hatch, we'll be right behind you."

Rocket: "You'll be overwhelmed!"

(Y/n): "Not if you're fast and we go right after you! Now move!"

Artemis: "I'll stay too. Arrows work just as well as bullets."

Talon: "You will all die!"

The talons charged at us. The team easily pushed their way through the talons guarding the exit and began the long run down the hallway. Kelso, Artemis and I started slowly walking backwards firing into the massive amount of talons that seemed endless. They are getting closer and we can't seem to hit enough of them. Not to mention we are still a ways away from the hatch.

Artemis: "They're getting closer!"

Kelso: "Fall back!"

Artemis: "Moving!"

(Y/n): "Covering!"

I dropped an ISAC turret and continued firing until the magazine was empty. The turret was quickly hit with a throwing knife from one of the talons.

(Y/n): "Moving!"

As I ran back to Kelso and Artemis they continued to fire. I passed them and continued running for about twenty meters before taking up a firing position and engaging the talons, allowing them to repeat my actions and move further down the hall.

Kelso: "We're losing too much ground. The others won't have time to clear the area and the reactor isn't ready to overload yet! ISAC, how much longer!"

ISAC: "Three minutes forty five seconds."

Artemis: "We can't hold them for that long! We need some help-AHH!"

(Y/n): "Artemis!"

Artemis had two daggers in her shoulder and collapsed onto the ground. Talon stood behind her. He has a mask on but I can feel his smile. In a fit of rage that he hurt my friend I aimed my rifle at him and opened fire.

3rd person POV:

Zatanna and Kid Flash were the last to leave the facility.

Batman: "Let's go. They will be here soon and if they are being pursued we can't afford to have you two still down there. It will slow down their escape."

Kid Flash: "But we can't even see them yet."

Zatanna: "We should go back, there were way too many of them!"

Before Batman could order the two team members out (Y/n)'s voice screamed out in the team's earpieces.

(Y/n): "Artemis is down! Kelso and I are holding position two hundred meters from the hatch! We are being overrun and need help to move Artemis!"

Kid Flash: "Zatanna and I are on the way!"

The two cover the distance to their friends fast. Upon reaching them they were left in a state of shock. (Y/n) and Kelso were both bleeding with dozens of small cuts all across their body as they stood overtop of a critically wounded Artemis.

Kid Flash: "ARTEMIS!"

Kelso: "Get her out of here!"

(Y/n): "Go!"

Kid Flash grabbed Artemis and rushed away with her in his arms.

Zatanna: "Etaerc a llaw fo erif erofeb ruo seimene!"

(Y/n) POV:

A massive wall of fire blocked the talons from attacking us.

(Y/n): "Run for it!"

We managed to get to the ladder and I was the last one to climb up. Zatanna basically pulled me up the last bit before Batman slammed the hatch down and we ran out of the shed. As soon as we exited the shed the ground began to shake.

ISAC: "Reactor overloaded. Facility destroyed."

Kelso, Artemis and I were brought to the bio-ship. I was starting to feel lightheaded but other than that I'm fine. Kelso doesn't seem bothered at all. Artemis has lost consciousness. Wally hasn't left her side since she got onboard the bio-ship. Raquel, Garth and Tula were able to remove the knives from Artemis's back and stabilize her with a mixture of first aid and atlantean magic.

Wally: "We need to get back to the hospital!"

Tula: "She is stable and requires rest. We can head back to the cave."

Wally: "How did this happen?!"

(Y/n): "I'm so sorry. They closed the gap on us a lot faster than I thought they could. I'm so sorry Wally."

Batman: "What happened to Talon?"

(Y/n): "I-"

Kelso: "I shot him. He didn't give us much of a choice."

That's not what happened but I'm glad Kelso decided to cover for me even if we didn't get a chance to talk about it.

Wally: "I-it's alright...She'll make it. I'm sorry for yelling."

M'gann: "Autopilots engaged. We should arrive at the Cave shortly."

Batman: "It's unfortunate we never learn the identity of the Court's members."

(Y/n): "I have a feeling some very powerful individuals will be missing from the public stage."

Barbara: "At least this mess is over."

Conner: "Not by a long shot. Keener popped up again."

Batman: "Where?!"

(Y/n): "He met us at the hospital and told us about the Owl's base of operations. He then blew up a wall and got away. We have no idea what he gains from the destruction of the Owls but we gave him exactly what he wanted."

Kelso: "I'll handle the investigation and try to find out Keener's next move... with Batman's help of course. You guys get some rest and look after your friend."

Batman: "Agreed. We will let you know when we have something."

————————————————————————

We arrived back in the Cave and the team scattered. Artemis was moved to the medbay by Wally and Conner. Zatanna insisted on helping me move to my room. She made me put my arm around her so she could help me walk, no matter how much I told her I was fine she wouldn't budge on the issue. Kelso loved it and we left her laughing in the bio-ship as we limped down the hall.

As we slowly made our way down the halls Zatanna couldn't stop looking at the many cuts across my body. Some of the talons attacks didn't cut through my body armour, others did. The ones that did piece my Kevlar cut deep and hurt like hell. Zatanna ran her finger just below one of the largest cuts on my chest. I was just above where my plate carrier ended and my bloodied skin was showing.

Zatanna: "How many times did they cut you?"

(Y/n): "Heh.. I wasn't exactly keeping count but if it wasn't for ISAC and the SHD gadgets... all three of us would've died in there."

Zatanna: "When I told you to be more careful, this isn't exactly what I had in mind."

(Y/n): "I'm sorry Zee. I-I should've made Artemis retreat with the team... I-She got hit and we had to hold our ground. Kelso and I have done training for fighting retreats like that dozens of times... w-we should've made her go she hasn't trained in that before it's my fault that she mhmmm!"

Zatanna's kiss stopped my rambling. She was still holding me up, though she didn't have to. I wrapped my arms around her back and pulled her into me.

Zatanna: "It's not your fault. She's going to be ok. Oh and for the next time we run out of a crumbling compound, let one of the super powered members of the team cover the retreat. Raquel could have made a bubble that covered the entire hallway or something like that."

(Y/n): "R-right well...."

I really couldn't come up with anything to say. A smug smile formed on Zatanna's face while I tried desperately to come up with a reason or excuse to justify my actions. I never got the chance to though Zatanna cut me off before I could form a sentence.

Zatanna: "You don't have to be the last one out, constantly holding the line and covering for the others, you're just as much of a hero as everyone here and I love you."

(Y/n): "I know... I love you too Zee."

We made our way back to my room and Zatanna led me into my room. She helped me remove my gear and made sure I didn't hurt myself further or worsen some of the many cuts spread across my body. Zatanna grabbed my first aid kit from my bag and had it ready for me to use.

Most of my uniform is garbage now. I took off my shirt and Zatanna gasped.

Zatanna: "T-the cuts... they're..."

(Y/n): "N-Not as deep a-as they look."

I struggled to speak through the groans of pain caused by me cleaning the cuts, which I needed to do before bandaging them up in order to prevent an infection.

Zatanna: "Stop. Let me do it please. Your constant twisting is opening more of the cuts."

Zatanna basically stole the bottle of hydrogen peroxide out of my hand and then grabbed the small towel I was using to apply it.

Zatanna: "I'll be careful I promise, just try to relax."

Zatanna took off her magicians jacket and tossed it on the chair by my desk. She started working on my back and gently rubbed the parts of my body that weren't covered in cuts.

(Y/n): "A-alright Zee Ah!"

Zatanna: "Just a few more to go.... There, all done."

(Y/n): "Thank you Zee. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Zatanna: "That makes two of us, now hold still I'll bandage you up."

Zatanna took her time bandaging me up. Her hands explored my chest and back as she did so. Once she finished, she tossed the bandages into the first aid kid and grabbed me.

I couldn't get a word in before she violently smashed her lips against mine. Moans escaped Zatanna's mouth as She fought for dominance against me. I moved my hand from her back and slapped Zatanna's ass before grasping it. The action caused Zatanna to gasp and allowed me to win dominance over the kiss. I moved my other hand up to the back of her neck and placed it at the base of her head, allowing me to control her movement.

I pinned Zatanna against the wall as we made out and I moved my focus to her neck and directly on her weak spot.

Zatanna: "Don't you dare! Not there-OHH!"

Zatanna's moans increased in volume and length as I worked on her weak spot. She wrapped her arms around my back and began thrusting her hips into mine. I stopped sucking on Zatanna's neck and started lightly kissing her and that was it. I knew the sudden decrease in 'action' would constantly tease her and it worked to perfection. Zatanna began thrusting herself against me faster and she desperately attempted to kiss me though I wouldn't let her just yet.

(Y/n): "Someone's needy."

Zatanna: "Oh come on (Y/n). Why did you stop?"

Zatanna whined as I pulled back just enough so she couldn't kiss me.

(Y/n): "It's payback for flying me around the hospital Zee. Now, I want to hear you say it."

Zatanna's thrusts increased and I tightened my grip on her, determined not to give in until she admitted defeat.

Zatanna: "Mhmm... Fine! You win! I'm sorry for flying you around, please don't stop."

(Y/n): "I think you can do better than that Zee."

Zatanna: "Please I need you to continue. I'm yours baby, you win."

I gave Zatanna exactly what she wanted and started kissing her weak spot again.

Zatanna: "Ohhhh yes!"

I stopped sucking Zatanna's neck much to her disappointment. She let out a sad groan, one that I quickly cut off by kissing her. Zatanna let out a long moan of approval into my mouth before we broke the kiss. We stared into each other's eyes. Zatanna leaned in and whispered to me seductively.

Zatanna: "You won... want your reward?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 1.9K 22
Y/n was raised by the light until one day you ran away and ran into a team of superheroes, one bird caught your eye and you caught his too. What happ...
Anjo By JJ

Fanfiction

141K 7K 46
|Young Justice AU| |BirdFlash (Dick Grayson x Wally West)| The Dark Knight had faced some unexpected trouble during one of his routinely patrols in G...
1.2K 68 10
What do you do when you're a homeless kid on the streets of Gotham? Becoming a criminal is SO straight-forward, so how about something new? Dick Gray...
5.5K 199 8
"couldn't you at least be likable?" "not my thing, bird boy." [NIGHTWING x OC] [YOUNG JUSTICE AU] [BATFAM x OC] → if you l...