Warm But Tainted Blood (Drarr...

By I-Wrote-Harry-Potter

When Draco is attacked by a dragon and none other than Harry Potter comes to his rescue, flame is not the onl... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifthteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two

an apology

304 5 8
By I-Wrote-Harry-Potter

I had so many ideas for this story. Its planning doc is 10 pages long. And I remember being really excited for its story, its ideas. But I stopped updating weekly sometime in 2021, after almost 8 months of updating some sort of work daily, because, duh. That's how you get burnout.

So now I am writing again, almost daily, on another long path that will probably also lead to burnout, and I wanted to try writing this story again.

But, dudes. My writing style is, I'd like to think, SO different now. It's like whiplash. And it kinda sucked. And now still only sort of does.

But I also am rereading my fucking ten paged planning doc and realizing that although I wrote a lot, I did not write enough. I had a lot of ideas for this story. I don't remember half of them.

I sat down sometime in January, prompted by a commenter informing me it'd been ten months since my last update. I tried to write Harry's first chapter home and realized that I didn't even know the basics of it. Had Petunia moved away? Or did that happen the next year? Harry suffers some sort of physical trauma over this summer -- what by? Was it by Petunia? Or had Petunia moved away? If so, who hurt him?

So I tried to write it and tried my best and failed. That's all there is to it.

I keep telling myself and my commenters that this story is not abandoned. I am lying. And it's time to stop.

So to everyone excited for the future of this story: I am sorry.

That being said, I do still write. If you like me or my writing, check out my AO3, ivysaturn. I have two stories that I update weekly, with 100k words total published. I also write Harry x Death one shots on Wattpad qhenever an idea hits me. This story is dead but my writing is not.

If any of you are interested in picking up this story, dm me. If any of you just want to know what my planning doc said, comment, and I'll tell you. If you have any questions for me or about this story or any others, comment. I will try my best to answer them.

Again, I am sorry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 5.1K 55
"You're such a prick! I knew you hadn't really changed. You're just back to your old ways, torturing me." Harry can still feel Draco's hand around hi...
96.8K 5.5K 66
Healer Potter gets a new patient in his specialized ward at St. Mungo's. He can heal injuries that no one else can and it's clear from the start that...
5.9K 139 16
The golden trio are hanging out in the library, studying for their finals that were yet to come. It was the year after the war, 8th year to be exact...
701K 18K 25
Harry is abused by the Dursleys, so Sirius and Remus come to stay with him in Hogwarts to make sure he's okay. He starts a secret friendship with Dr...