someday | h.p.

By stainedtulips

"๐™‹๐™š๐™ง๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™จ ๐™ž๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ง๐™จ ๐™–๐™ก๐™ž๐™œ๐™ฃ ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™—๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ช๐™จ, ๐™ฌ๐™š ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ข๐™š๐™ฃ๐™™... More

Someday
Prologue
Yugto ng tadhana
Unang yugto: Kasakit.
๐ข. pangako.
๐ข๐ข. panibugho.
๐ข๐ข๐ข. gunita.
๐—ถ๐˜ƒ. tampo.
๐˜ƒ. takipsilim.
๐ฏ๐ข. balang araw.
๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ถ. halik.
๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ถ๐—ถ. marahuyo.
๐—ถ๐˜…. dilag.
๐˜…. yakap.
๐˜…๐—ถ. unang halik.
๐˜…๐—ถ๐—ถ. tawag.
๐˜…๐—ถ๐—ถ๐—ถ. regalo.
๐˜…๐—ถ๐˜ƒ. liwanag.
๐˜…๐˜ƒ. dagat.
๐˜…๐˜ƒ๐—ถ. lasing.
๐˜…๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ถ๐—ถ. nagbago.
๐˜…๐—ถ๐˜…. bakit?
note.

๐˜…๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ถ. pasko.

390 22 34
By stainedtulips

Chapter 17: Christmas.

"I still remember the third of December, me in your sweater." 

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━

Snowdrops everywhere, a cold breeze engulfing her, and a Christmas song being sung by the caroling, elevating everyone's Christmas spirit.

It's been weeks since May's drowning experience, and it's still haunting her. It's also been weeks since she went to Hanan's room to assist her in caring for Harry when he's inebriated on her father's birthday.

"May darling, are you ready?" Harry's voice startled her, and she shifted her eyes from the balcony where she was standing to where her husband was—-beside their nightstand, wearing the watch that May had given to him during their first Christmas together as a married couple.

"Yeah, I am," May replied as she closed the door from their balcony; they were on their way to May's parents' house to celebrate Christmas as usual. Her mother still practices the Filipino tradition of meeting with family, eating so many meals that it feels like a fiesta, and attending church to honor the birth of Christ.

Harry was aware that Hanan aided May in caring for him while he was intoxicated on Elias' (May's father's) birthday, and he felt guilty when Hanan informed him about it. May never mentioned it, and she doesn't want to, but Hanan did in the hopes of awakening his senses.

He was sorry, of course, but May shrugged it off as if it were nothing, but both of them knew it wasn't; it was something that would stain their cold marriage, turning it into a hard rock.

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━

Following the conclusion of the mass, the Fallons and Potters returned to the Elias and Chesa's home to celebrate Christmas. As they walked towards Fallon's house, they were welcomed by a snowdrop on their coat they were wearing as they exited the Church, the breeze was freezing, and the neighborhood was singing a Christmas carol, most of which were classics such as 'Jingle Bells,' 'Feliz Navidad,' and others.

May tugged on her sweater, covering the dress she was wearing underneath, as the chilly breeze touched her skin, sending shivers up her spine. Harry saw it and instinctively wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"Your sweater looks familiar," Harry spoke as they approached the Fallon's house. The two-story house where the Fallon sisters grew up is still the same, with the black fence and vast space where they occasionally run with each side having a different type of plant.

They entered through a light brown door with a grey wall and a welcome mat before entering the kaleidoscope of memories of the Fallon family, with picture frames of the family lining the grey wall of the house, some of which were moving pictures and some of which were simply muggle photos.

Mayari remembered the arched window she had in her room in here before, the light from the sun streaming through it and illuminating the wooden floor she had, it was always soothing, especially since her walls were a sepia hue.

The sepia hue has always been interwoven in her soul, like DNA in her body, always linked. The color reminds her of golden rays of sunlight and the color of her eyes, which is as beautiful as the earth's root.

"It's yours," May replied, her voice as frigid as the snow, taking off her sweater and placing it on the racks of jackets. She walks up to her mother to assist her in preparing the food they'll have for lunch.

"May, I found something," Celine says as she rushes over to May, who is setting the plates on the table, while Hanan assists their mother in setting the food on the table. "Do you remember this? Potter was blushing when I showed him this a few minutes ago."

Celine handed May the picture frame that her younger sister had discovered; it was Mayari and Harry during their third year, and it was clearly December based on the background—snowing and wearing a sweater.

"You two were so cute, mind if you two re-create that?" Celine teases her sister, giving her a hopeful grin and mentally noting to tell her girlfriend about this, Althea won't be able to celebrate with them because she's spending Christmas with her family and her brother Kyle.

"Shove off, Cel," May remarked, scowling at Celine as she handed her the photo frame. The moving picture frame featured her and Harry in Hogsmeade, his arm around her waist as he pulled her closer to him, and her arm around his shoulder as they both smiled for the camera and made a peace sign before laughing.

She recalls vividly what occurred to that photograph, which was taken by Hanan. Wednesday, December 3, 1993

"Harry, it's getting cold," May, a third-year student, shivers from the cold even though she's wearing a sweater and embracing herself. "We should go back to the castle, and maybe we can go back to the hill tomorrow," she murmured, feeling guilty since he wanted to get to the top of the hill to see a better view, but it's getting colder with each step they take.

"You can have my sweater, Maya," Harry stated, taking his sweater off, which made her world slow down and her mouth wide agape. As he took his sweater off, his shirt rose a bit, revealing a piece of his physique to which she hastily diverted her attention to the side.

It was rude to stare, especially because he's her best friend, the best friend who has been at her side for years, the one who embraces her shadows and dances with her demon as if it were his own.

"Thank you," May replied as Harry handed her the sweater, which was oversized and smelled like him... It smells like home, a home that no one can ever make her feel like he has.

"Ah, here's my favorite couple of best friends," Celine said as she grabbed Hanan's arm, who was busy taking pictures of the scenery. "Take a picture of them, Hanan, and then you can take a picture of Jairus!"

"I'm not taking a picture of Jairus!" Hanan reprimanded, scowling at Celine. "But, of course, I could photograph May and Harry."

"I'm not taking a picture with Jairus, my ass," Celine laughs, pointing to her older sister's camera. "Then who is that? Kyle? Britney? The face of Jairus is apparent, and you have the nerve to declare you're not capturing Jairus."

"Because I'm not." 

"You sound defensive." 

"No, it just happened that Jairus is part of the view I'm capturing at." 

"Alright well," Celine murmured, putting her hands up as if in surrender, yet her smirk suggests otherwise. "I'm not arguing with you, but you might just have a crush on Jairus."

"I don't have a crush on him," Hanan said before turning to face the two third-year students. "Well, my favorite couple—er, best friends—please smile for the camera."

And they did. Harry is holding his best friend May's waist and smiling at the camera as they recreate Celine's peace sign and laugh as Celine makes funny expressions behind Hanan.

"May, lunch is ready," her mother's voice stated, jolting her out of her trance. She must have been thinking about that photo too much, since memories visited her, and her gaze was drawn to her mother, who was waiting for her to sit with them.

May sat to the dining table, close to the lone empty seat, which was in the center between Harry and Celine. The lunch was not awkward; rather, it was enjoyable, with everyone conversing and laughing as they felt the spirit of Christmas—-being one with your loved ones.

"Are you okay, darling?" Harry asked May, who nodded and returned her attention to the food. She can't even look at him, which rips his heart, but he knows he deserves it after what occurred on May's father's birthday. 

The Christmas songs embraced them as they stepped outside, the snow glistening in the sweater and coat they were wearing. May can't believe how quickly the year has passed, but she feels trapped in her past, where she is still at Hogwarts—-single and carefree.

Every day, she wonders if she begged her parents and the Potters harder to let Hanan and Harry marry instead, would she be okay? Would Harry be delighted? He most certainly will, and possibly they will have children. However, the mere concept of it crushes May's heart, but at the very least they would be happy.

She recalls Hanan's precise reaction on May and Harry's wedding day: she was delighted for them, as evidenced by her smile and gaze, while Harry's eyes begged her to say something to halt the wedding, but Hanan did nothing but smile. It still is a mystery why Hanan didn't call off the wedding; perhaps she doesn't want to humiliate the Fallon's and Potter's? or did she simply want to make her younger sister happy?

May dismisses the thought, reminding herself that it's Christmas and she's supposed to remember good memories, not sad ones. Her gaze was drawn to Hanan, who was tossing snowballs towards Celine and Harry; she couldn't help but smile at the sight she was seeing just now; they appeared to be happy and carefree.

"May," Hanan called, smiling. "Come on, join us! Don't just stand there; if you join us, you'll be the one to hurl some snowballs at us, and if they're big enough, they'll go to Celine."

"Hey!" Celine gasped, making them chuckle, and May simply nodded. "That's not fair, hmp!"

May approached them, her gaze fixed on Harry, who flashed her a smile, which she reciprocated, causing his eyes glimmer with delight.

Perhaps one day she'll break the chain they've set... Set them free from this imprisonment and allow them to enjoy the freedom they once desired. Someday.

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━

End of Chapter 17. 

mar notes:

This first stage will be completed after a few more chapters, perhaps six or more. Happy reading :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 631 27
Avalon Lily Potter, twin sister of Harry James Potter, the other half of the 'Twins Who Lived' was tired of the classism, racism, and sexism of the W...
82K 4.2K 36
they say home is where the heart is, but god, I love the english. [ harry potter x original character ] [ book one in the american glory faded before...
296K 7.7K 24
Autumn Parker, a 19 year old girl who earlier had gotten kicked out of college, has moved all the way from California to London. But on her first day...
66.6K 1.4K 21
So I recently started to read soulmate era stories and that lead to poly stories somehow. I really like them and apparently lots of other people do t...