- butterflies - matt sturniolo

By sturniolo_triplets

people come and go, but how they leave always stays when a teenage girl is forced to move to a new town and l... More

characters
who are you
butterflies
ellie
the way it has always been
i love you for infinity
consider it
photo album
known you for a lifetime
pinky promise
toxic and manipulative
nothing to worry about
alahna
sleepover
straight up tell me
cutest thing ever
sleeping beauty
dancing in the rain
tutor
a/n
my new book (not a chapter)
only today
"butterflies"
IMPORTANT MESSAGE

eyes on me

6.7K 51 57
By sturniolo_triplets

matt's pov:

i was so surprised as i read the email from
mr.monroe, aurora was actually going to tutor me so that means i have an excuse to hangout with her more, even though that means more time of schoolwork.

i got up and went over to nick's room to tell him about the email, but i don't think i should tell chris, at least not right away, because i think he still likes aurora. and in a way it could be rubbing it in his face but yet again i don't want him to get upset that i hid something from him.

i opened nick's door and quickly walked in. "nick guess what" i said excitedly, "whattt???" nick questioned, i saw his face change from resting bitch face to a mix of interest and excitement.

"well it's not that big of a deal...but aurora is going to be my tutor for stem and that means we get to hangout more after school" i said with an excited voice, "yay, wait but don't you have to actually do work?!" nick questioned, "i meann...i do but at least i get to see her more" i said.

"see who more?" a voice asked, it was chris. damn it, he walked in so now he's gonna know, i mean it's not like i'm trying to rub it in his face and after all i didn't choose for aurora to be my tutor.

"oh well...umm...the tutor that i'm gonna have for stem is..umm...aurora" i stuttered, i didn't want to make him feel bad or make it seem like i was trying to brag or rub it in his face.

i watched as he smiled, "that's great, that means you have more time to..um... be together" chris said with a smile. i could tell chris was hurt, the smile was fake and nick knew it too.

"okay...well i gotta go so i'll see you later..um...bye" he said then turning around and walking out the room. oh my god i feel so bad, i know he is trying his best to be happy for me, because that's chris, always putting others before him.

i just feel guilty, i know i probably seem like a total asshole for continuing to start something with aurora even though chris liked her, but i didn't choose for him to like her and i've liked her since we first met. i mean i totally understand why chris liked her and could possible still like her.

i looked down at my phone and saw i had a text from aurora.

rora 💜
—————————-

hey did you get an email
about me tutoring you?

uh yes
are you fine with that?
or do you want me to
ask to switch, it's totally fine
if you are busy or just
don't wanna do it i
understand

no actually im excited
to tutor you, i mean after all
more time to hangout

yea more time to hangout
okay
when do you want
to start?

does tomorrow work? i'm
sorry i just want to have an
early start because i really
need to get a good mark on these
tests

of course that's what i'm for,
so i can't at my house because my
brothers friends are coming over and
they are so annoying

do you want to come over
tomorrow after school?

sure i have to go right now
but i'll see you tomorrow

okay see you tomorrow
read 5:30 pm

————————————————————————

aurora's pov:

i smiled down at my phone and i finished texting matt.

i put one of my harry styles vinyls on my record player, than i began to clean my room because it had gotten pretty messy throughout the week.

i found a book on my floor and i read the back of the cover and then i soon found myself reading the book. i get distracted so easily, but especially while cleaning my room.

i left my record player on while i was reading, it was so relaxing and i didn't even realize it but i fell sleep.

i was reading for a long time and i didn't even realize it, but i fell asleep.

i woke up to cold hands on my arms shaking me awake.

my eyes quickly opened and i closed my eyes back once i saw who it was. it was my brother jack.

"what do you want?" i asked annoyed that he had waken me up, "it's dinner and mom and dad want us to all eat together to tell since we haven't for so long" he said while slowly pulling me up and bringing me out of my room.

"okay let go of me" i said annoyed as i walked down the stairs.

"hi honey, how are you?" my mom asked while setting the table. "good...until jack woke me up" i said while glaring jack. my dad smiled at us then sat down at the table.

"why do we have to eat together?" i asked while petting winnie. "because we haven't had dinner all together as a family since we moved here" my mom said while putting dishes of food on the table.

"well...you know matt?" i asked my parents, "yes" they both replied, almost in sync. "well i'm-" i started but got cut off by my brother, "she's in love with him" jack said while putting food on his plate.

"NO IM-" i raised my voice my voice but my mom cut me off this time, "AURORA MAY BLAINE, we do not raise our voices at the table" she said, i could see the disappointment on her face which made me feel awful, and she knew it.

"i'm sorry mom" i said while looking her in the eyes, "yes...just don't do it again please" my mom said while putting food on her plate.

not long after i did the same, then i ate slowly. i wasn't that hungry. it was silent for a while but my dad broke the silence,"sooo...aurora what we're you saying?"

"well, matt needs someone to tutor him, and the teacher put me for his tutor. so that means i can spend more time with him" i said slowly.

"that's awesome honey, how long have you liked him?" my mom asked, "what?! how do you know i liked him?" i said thinking of the possibilities.

"well marylou told me all about what happened between you and matt" she replied. "WHAT?! you knew???" i said confused, "yes, chris told her because he looked upset or something and she asked what was wrong, so he told her" my mom said while cleaning up the dishes off the table.

i got up to help her and not much later i heard a knock on the door.

i walked over to the front door and opened it, it was ellie.

"hi" she basically screamed, and we both jumped into each other's arms. "why are you here?" i asked with excitement, "actually my family moved here, and i saw your brother skateboarding then walk inside so i hoped to see you" she said, talking quite quickly.

"that's awesome! where do you live now?" i asked, "i live a couple blocks over" she said with tears of joy filling her eyes.

"did you officially move here? and are you staying?" i asked trying not to let a million questions leave my mouth.

"YES! IM STAYING" she screamed, "honey, everything okay?" my mom called from the dining room.

"yes" i called back and shortly after, i heard my moms footsteps behind me, then i heard her gasp, "ellie?" she questioned, with a surprised look on her face.

"do you want to come in? you're welcome" my mom said nicely, "i have to get going but maybe some other time, i just wanted to stop by and say hi" ellie said in a hurried tone.

in less than a minute she left.

"umm, that was actually really weird, like really weird" i said to my mom and she still had a surprised look on her face, why did she leave so quickly?

i bc mean yes she was probably busy but she didn't even really say bye, and it was kinda weird saying that she saw my brother skateboarding and watched him to see what house he walked into.

okay maybe i'm just paranoid, but it doesn't seem m a right, of course i miss seeing my best friend but something about this doesn't seem right at all.

my parents, brother, and i went to the living room and sat down to watch a movie once we finished dinner and put all the dishes away.

- 3 hours went by -

it was 8:50 pm and i was upstairs laying in my bed, i was scrolling through instagram when i got a facetime call, and it was from matt.

i answered and i heard a raspy "hey", i instantly felt butterflies fill my stomach. oh my freaking god. why do i get butterflies so easily. more importantly how does he make me have butterflies by doing literally nothing.

"hii" i quickly responded back.

after a couple hours still on facetime, i felt myself start drifting to sleep, and before i knew it, i had to wake up again.

- morning -

i woke up to my alarm, and my eyes stung from the bright lights in my room, "get ready please, i shut your alarm off because you didn't wake up and it was still blaring" my mom said standing by my light switch.

"okay thank you" i said while rolling out of bed.

i had a quick shower and quickly got ready, the day went by quickly. all my classes were so boring but went by surprisingly quick. matt and i talked a lot in the 2 classes we had together.

matt drove nick, chris, him, and i all to their house, and matt and i went straight to his room.

we got papers out and i began to help him with his work.

about an hour and a half into tutoring, matt and i kept getting physically closer and closer throughout being together.

i was looking down at the papers on his bed, and sorting through them when i felt eyes on me.

i looked up and matt and i made eye contact, "hey" he said with a deep tone, i stared into his bright blue eyes as he stared back into mine. i got butterflies as his face got closer to mine.

our lips began to touch but then the door swung opened, we both quickly pulled away. i looked at the person standing at the door, it was chris.

"chris i-" matt spoke but got cut off by the door being slammed.

—————————————————————————

word count: 1795

i'm so sorry this chapter took so long, i've been so busy lately and i just want to say thank you so much to all of you who enjoy my story it means the absolute world to me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 389 27
────── β‹†β‹…β˜†β‹…β‹† ────── After years and years of pining, Chris decided to completely cut Sarah out of his life, really hurting her in the process. A year...
3.5K 59 16
Matthew Sturniolo fan fiction. ⚠️NEW CHAPTER AS SOON AS ITS DONE⚠️ Scarlett Lopez, a famous YouTube star, gets a dm from a less popular YouTuber. He...
63.2K 632 29
π–ͺπ—‚π—‡π—Œπ—…π–Ύπ—’ π– π—†π–»π—‹π—ˆπ—Œπ–Ύ 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖬𝖺𝗍𝗍 π–²π—π—Žπ—‹π—‡π—‚π—ˆπ—…π—ˆ. 𝖨𝗍 𝗇𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗉𝖾𝗇𝖾𝖽. π–‘π—Žπ— 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝖺𝗀𝖺𝗂𝗇, 𝗆𝖺𝗒𝖻𝖾 𝗂𝗍 π–Όπ—ˆοΏ½...
759K 35.6K 58
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...