Coffee cups

By sapphireand36

When Jenna Thompson hands him the coffee cups she has no clue what she starts. Because love is brewing Jonath... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
epilogue

29

51 7 0
By sapphireand36

Jonathan

I sit in my living room staring at my coffee table. It had been a year to the date since Jenna's death. It hurt more than usual. There's a knock on my door and I stand up to answer it. I open it to reveal Mrs Leanna.

"Mrs Leanna?" I ask confused. It was unusual for her to visit. I notice in her hands she's holding a drawing book and a small envelope.

"Hey Jonathan. I know this is unexpected, but Jenna wanted you to have this when I thought you were ready. Well I think your ready now."
She hands me the envelope and the drawing pad before leaving.
I shut the door and open the plain white envelope. Unfolding the paper inside I recognize Jenna's hand writing. I swallow before I start to read it.

Dear Jonathan

     I'm not the best at introductions so I won't try to do one here.
I know that I'm going to be dead by the time that you read this but there's a few things I wanted to tell you.
Firstly I liked you from the moment we met. I guess God was just telling me you were the one. I'm glad it was you though. I know we barely knew each other but I loved you dearly.
Secondly don't worry about me, when I die I'm going to heaven. I get to be with my savior Jesus Christ.
If anything good came out of this cancer it was that I get to be with him sooner.
And last but not least,
Don't be afraid to find love again. I can't imagine the pain but please try for me to find someone to help you raise Cassidy.
I've decided to give you my drawing pad. I think that you will enjoy the pictures. I got this one right before I went to the hospital so it is filled with my last days.

                       Sincerely Jenna                   
                                              Thompson

Setting the letter aside I open the drawing pad. On the first page is a sketch of me. It's from our first date, I'm sitting in the booth at McDonald's and staring out of the window. The next is a sketch of the bridge in the park. I set the book on the coffee table. Tears were streaming down my face and the last thing I wanted was to mess up her drawings. This was just like Jenna. Even dead she was looking after me.      

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90K 7.4K 79
[Featured by wattpad romance, teen fiction, young adult and psychologicalnovel] Joy Jones was a seventeen-year-old kind and optimistic girl working...
228K 6.8K 53
Sam has a complicated past that's shaped her current decisions. One of those decisions being to stay relationship free throughout her college experie...
1 0 9
3 young ladies work in a coffee shop. Mindy hasn't had it easy. Sarah hides her real feelings behind sarcasm. Holly has to face an unexpected pregnan...
4.6K 285 29
When the doctor tells you that your dad has less than six months left to live it changes you as a person. It makes you scared to leave his side becau...