Back to the Beginning

By Irish_Wolves

Finding out that some of the Wesley's and Hermione he thought as family had betrayed him, Harry wishes for so... More

What!
Childhood Filler
The Letter
Diagon Alley - Part 1
Diagon Alley - Part 2
Gringotts Again!
Going through the trunk
Hogwarts Sorting
First Day
Flying and the Twins
Draco the protector
Back to Privet Drive
Christmas Eve
Back to Hogwarts
Sirius is Free
Horrifying discovery
Quidditch Team
Talking to Neville
Final game of the season
The Explanation
The final prank of the year
The first year is over
Meeting Remus Lupin and Kreacher
Gringotts and Realisation
Revealing the truth to Sirius and Remus
Friends and Enemies
Friendship to relationship
Year two at Hogwarts
Dumbledore and timetable problems
Dragon
Revenge on Lockhart
Lockhart and Dumbledore Trial
Ron's Redemption
Death
Meeting Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy
Changing Hogwarts
Fudge
Dumbledores defeat
Unexpected wake up call

Hermione Grangers Fall

24.2K 827 310
By Irish_Wolves

Monday - 2st January – Hogwarts – 7:33 AM

I opened the doors of the Great Hall and began walking to the Ravenclaw table with a wave to Draco and the others when I heard it.

A scream of anger, rushing footsteps and people shouting.

A female scream of anger, rushing footsteps and people shouting.

I barely dodged as Granger through a punch at the back of my head. I looked behind me to see Hermione with a face full of rage and her fist pulled back for another punch. My eyes widened as I quickly ducked and went under her arm.

"Hermione Granger! Stop this nonsense right now and report to Headmaster Dumbledore's office!" McGonagall called out as all the teachers stood. Students looked at Hermione with shock and anger. Hermione looked around herself with fear before turning her gaze back to me as I stood a few meters away facing her. Hermione then narrowed her eyes as she growled.

"If I'm getting expelled, I'm going to punch you in the face or jinx you first." My eyes widened as Granger ran at me with full speed. I froze for a second before I acted. I felt a foot trip me over as I turned to run. I noticed Ron smirking at me from next to me as Hermione got closer. Ron stepped back from me as I got up. I heard a scream as I turned to see a fist getting closer to my face. I closed my eyes in fear and turned my head as I waited for the incoming blow. I felt a hand push me back as I landed on my back on the floor.

There was a gasp before I slowly opened my eyes. I saw three figures standing in front of me. A blond and two red heads.

Draco, Fred and George.

Draco stood in front of me with his wand out and pointed at Hermione. Fred and George stood on both sides of him. Fred with his wand out, pointed at Hermione and George had Hermione's fist caught in his hand. There was a silence before McGonagall rushed over with Flitwick and Severus by her sides. Dumbledore continued to sit on his chair at the head of the table with a shocked look in his eyes. Fred then looked towards me as George and Draco kept Hermione at bay. Fred stepped closer to me as I just looked at Hermione in shock on the floor.

"Are you alright, Harry?" Fred asked as George glanced at me along with Draco. Students started whispering to each other as the three teachers surrounded us. McGonagall turned to Hermione with a stern glare.

"Miss Hermione Granger. I will be owling you're parents… no. I will be visiting your parents personally to tell them what you have done. You will be lucky if you do not get expelled for this." McGonagall said as she put her hand out expectantly. "You're wand, Miss Granger. I will be holding onto it until we decided what to do with you." Hermione then yanked her hand out of George's hand and grumpily pulled out her wand. Just as Hermione was about to put her wand in McGonagall's hand, she turned and pointed it at me with a smirk on her face.

"Furnunculus!" I stared at the incoming jinx that was about to hit me. Why couldn't I move? I need to move! I barely dodged the spell by rolling to the side. Hermione then started screaming the jinx like crazy as I dodged the jinx barely each time.

I do not want to have boils covering my skin, thank you very much.

I hit a leg and looked up to see Ron again. Ron smirked at me before moving out of the way just as the Jinx was about to hit. I closed my eyes and waited for the pain that was about to come. A grunt was heard and gasps from surrounding students as well. I opened my eyes again to see Draco on top of me. His back facing where the jinx had hit. My eyes widened as Draco winced in pain. I shakenly sat up as Draco sat up as well with a painful hiss. I gulped as I heard struggling and Hermione's screams of anger. I didn't pay attention to that as I just stared at Draco.

"Y-… You saved me?" I whispered as Draco gave me a small smile. I heard Severus curse as he looked at Draco's back. Flitwick kneeled beside me on the floor and slowly helped me up. I just looked at Draco as he was helped up by Draco.

"Are you okay, Mister Potter?" Flitwick asked as he shook me gently on the shoulder. I blinked a few times before looking at Flitwick. I nodded my head slightly before breathing in and out for a few seconds.

"Is it alright if I have a few minutes to recover from the shock and have breakfast before heading to class?" Flitwick nodded his head as he turned to McGonagall. McGonagall had stupefy Hermione and had her wand in her hand. She was attending to Fred and George.

"Minerva." Flitwick called out. McGonagall turned to Flitwick. "Is it alright for Mister Potter to have either the morning or half the class off this morning as it is you're class?" Flitwick asked as McGonagall looked at Hermione before looking at me.

"Mister Potter. You will go to the infirmary with Mister Malfoy for a checkup by Madam Pomfrey. I will take Miss Granger too Head Master Dumbledore's office before calling the Auroras." I nodded slowly as Severus started steering Draco out of the Grand Hall.

"Mister Potter. Follow me. I will be taking Mister Malfoy to Madam Pomfrey to get rid of these boils." Severus said as Minerva nodded to Severus in thanks. I quickly followed after them and walked behind them as I thought things over.

Ron had did those things to try get me hit and hurt. Nobody had somehow seen him do them. I need to get him caught in the act so there is one less threat inside the school but… now I have to worry about Hermione finding out where I live… unless I tell her parents!

I glanced at Draco before looking to the floor.

It's my fault Draco got hurt. I should have used Expellliarmus to get her wand away from her but I guess that would be a fifty percent chance of working as I haven't practiced that spell yet. I need to practice some defense spells for times like these and stop slacking around.

"Are you alright, Mister Potter?" I looked up to see Severus glancing at me as the Infirmary came into sight. I gave a small smile to Severus as Draco groaned in pain.

"I'm fine, Professor Snape. Just a bit shocked at being attacked by Granger a second time." Severus stopped walking. I looked at Severus in confusion.

"You mean Miss Granger has attacked you before and you have not reported it?" Severus asked with a cold stare. Draco tugged Severus's robe sleeve.

"Granger attacked him at the train station when we left for the Yule holidays. Harry said her parents took care of Granger after she broke his nose and bruised his jaw." Draco explained as I sighed and nodded my head to confirm the story. Severus stared at me for a moment before opening the infirmary doors that had Madam Pomfrey setting up a bed. Madam Pomfrey turned to us before ushering Severus to put Draco on a bed.

"Severus. Minerva sent me a patroness to tell me about Draco's injuries. She also told me she was sending Mister Potter over here for the morning. Would you put Mister Potter on a bed as I put some Boil Cure Potion on Draco's back?" Madam Pomfrey called as she grabbed out the potion. Severus nodded with a sneer before dragging me too a bed next to Draco.

"Madam Pomfrey. I have to go tell Minerva and Headmaster Dumbledore some information about Granger. Have a look at Potter after." Severus called before walking out of the infirmary with his robe billowing behind him. Madam Pomfrey rolled her eyes before finishing up with Draco's back.

"They'll be gone in a few minutes, dearie. Professor McGonagall told me you two would have the morning off unless you wanted to go to class." Madam Pomfrey said before turning to me. "Now. Mister Potter. Professor McGonagall said you hadn't been hurt but she wanted me to have a look over you." I nodded as Madam Pomfrey walked over and started casting a few spells under her breath.

Draco looked at me from the bed to the left with a small smile. I smiled back and mouthed a 'thank you'. Draco smiled even wider before mouthing a 'You're welcome' back.

"Mister Potter. You do not appear to have any injuries what so ever but I must talk to you about a privet matter." Madam Pomfrey then glanced at Draco who was watching with curious eyes. "Alone." Madam Pomfrey said before giving me a smile. "Come back after you're last class so we can talk." I nodded my head and gave her a confused look as Draco also gave her a confused look. I shrugged as I turned to Draco.

"Are you in any pain?" I asked as Draco turned to me and gave me a small smile.

"A little bit but it's going away. I guess the boils are almost gone. Do you want to go back to class after my back heals or do you want to wait until after lunch?" I smiled softly as Draco asked the question.

"I say a few minutes after you're back heals. Just pick whatever you want to do as you are the one that got injured." Draco nodded as Madam Pomfrey came back over and checked Draco's back.

"Okay dear. The boils are almost done. You can both leave now to the Great Hall and eat before heading to class or you can wait here for the potion to finish healing you're back and go." Madam Pomfrey looked at us expectantly. Draco looked thoughtful for a second before turning to Madam Pomfrey.

"How about we go get our things and get breakfast before we go to Transfiguration." I nodded my head as Madam Pomfrey looked thoughtful for a second before shaking her head. Draco and I looked confused.

"How about you both get breakfast and Draco go to Transfiguration. Mister Potter can come back here with his things so we can talk about that private matter now instead of after school." I looked at Draco before nodding my head at Madam Pomfrey. I turned to Draco.

"Would you let me copy you're notes at lunch? I need to make sure I don't fall behind." Draco laughed at me as I gave him a small glare.

"You would never fall behind, Harry! You're ahead in Transfiguration by a mile!" I laughed softly before sighing.

"Well. Just let me copy you're notes anyway. And tell me of any homework we get today." I said as Draco nodded his head. We stood and made our way out and too the Great Hall. It was empty of everyone. Just a small food platter to feed five people remained of a variety of foods at the Ravenclaw table.

FWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGW

Monday - 2nd January – Hogwarts – 9:01 AM

I re-entered the infirmary with my Transfiguration book, Quill and ink. Madam Pomfrey noticed me immediately and motioned me over to the bed I was on before. I sat myself down and gave Madam Pomfrey a confused look. Madam Pomfrey sighed as a knocking sound came from the door. I looked at the door with confusion as Flitwick came into the room. Madam Pomfrey and Professor Flitwick pulled over two chairs and sat in front of me.

"Mister Potter. I'm just going to put a silencing charm around us before we begin." Professor Flitwick said as he cast the spell around us. I nodded slowly as I spoke up.

"Did I do something wrong?" Madam Pomfrey shook her head as the two adults looked at each other.

"No, Mister Potter. In fact, you have a… certain gene that we need to tell you about." Madam Pomfrey said as she gave a deep breath.

That's when it all clicked.

Their talking about myself being a carrier.

"Are you about to tell me about me being a carrier?" I asked as Madam Pomfrey and Flitwick looked at me in shock. I gave them a small smile. "Because if it is. I already know. I have a book on carriers but I haven't read it yet. I'll read it after school today." Madam Pomfrey slowly nodded her head.

"Mister Potter. Carriers are rare. Not really rare per say as there are at least one in every one-hundred wizards. But rare in the fact that they live past a certain amount of years." I gave Madam Pomfrey a shocked look as she said that. "You see. Only very powerful wizards are carriers as the child that you will one day give birth too will feed off you're magic and whatever you eat. The child also needs the father or father's magic to feed off of as well. Mostly yours though. That's why only families that have the carrier gene in it and have a powerful child will that child be a carrier." I gave a small blink before taking in a deep breath and exhaling it.

"I can understand that but I have two questions for you. 1. Father or fathers!" I looked at Madam Pomfrey and Flitwick with shock as they looked at each other.

"Well, Mister Potter. Some carriers, if very powerful, need at least two fathers." I gave Madam Pomfrey a look of shock. "You will find the traits to see if you need one or two in the book. Though some carriers prefer to have more than two. I believe one had a harem of five other men and lots of beautiful children." I gave Madam Pomfrey a dry look as she chuckled at me. "As you might know, you cannot impregnate a girl. It just won't work. You must be impregnated to have children." I sighed softly and placed my head in my hands.

"So basically. Don't pay attention to the girl and see if there is a guy or guys I like at Hogwarts to get married too and have children with." Madam Pomfrey gave me a deadpanned look. I put my hands up in defense as Professor Flitwick chuckled. "That's just how I see it. No need to get attached to a girl if there is no chance of us ever having children together that's mine." I said and looked away as Madam Pomfrey sighed softly.

"Whatever you decide, Mister Potter." Professor Flitwick said. "You can't tell anyone about this but the people you trust most that includes your healer or, in your case, me to keep you safe." Professor Flitwick then sighed. "Make sure not to let anyone… well… top you in… sex or you will get pregnant." I blushed bright red as I nodded quickly.

"I think I'll refrain from ever having sex until my wedding day or until I have someone or someone's I want to be with." I muttered as Madam Pomfrey laughed softly. I sighed before looking back at them. "What did you mean when you said carriers lived only a certain amount of years?" Madam Pomfrey and Flitwick looked sad at the question before Madam Pomfrey answered.

"Some people target Carriers to produce offspring as Carriers have seventy-five chance of having powerful offspring. The offspring, if powerful, will be a carrier. If the offspring is not, they usually kill the child before making more offspring to do what they want with." I looked at them with a horrified face as Madam Pomfrey continued. "The carrier usually dies after watching all their children either being killed in front of them or being taken away and being impregnated right after giving birth again." I started shaking as I stared at the floor.

I…

I could be killed if this was let out…

I can't let them tell Dumbledore or I know something bad will happen.

"Are you going to tell Professor Dumbledore?" I asked softly as Madam Pomfrey and Professor Flitwick looked slightly shocked at the question before shaking their heads.

"No. We cannot legally without your permission. There is a contract I had myself and Flitwick sign so we cannot say or think of your gene without your permission. Not even Legilimency can find it with this contract." I nodded again and continued looking at the floor.

I feel like I'm going to be sick.

"May… May I go to my dorm for a while?" Madam Pomfrey looked at me with sadness and pity as she looked to Professor Flitwick. Professor Flitwick slowly nodded his head as I continued. "I'll be in class tomorrow or during defense this afternoon but there's not much time for Transfiguration left and if I breathe in any potions fumes, I think I'll be sick." I got up as Flitwick and Pomfrey stood as well.

"I'll tell Severus and Dumbledore that you aren't feeling well." Flitwick said before turning to Madam Pomfrey. "I still can't believe Professor Quirel up and left like that. Severus, Minerva and I have been taking turns on all the Defense classes when we can. When we can't, it's a study class to practice all the spells and get them down for the older years." I inwardly smirked at that.

I was wondering when Voldemort would be leaving.

"I think I'll go back to my dorm. If Draco and the other come looking for me, tell them I'm in my dorm." I said before leaving as Professor Flitwick and Madam Pomfrey waved to me as they started chatting.

I need to read that carrier book.

I walked my way to Ravenclaw tower and jumped into my trunk. I went straight to my library and grabbed the carrier book before exiting the trunk with a sigh. I crawled into bed and closed the curtains before laying against the head board with my knees pulled so I could rest the book on my knees while I was reading.

Should I tell my friends? I could ask Madam Pomfrey for another one of those contracts so they can't think about it or say it and Legilimency can't find it in their head as well. Or should I wait to tell them until I know they won't be against me being with a male.

I laid my head into my knees as I thought about the two options.

I'll do the second option. I'll drop hints I'm into males around them and after a while or if they ask. I'll say I'm gay. Yes. That will work.

I brought out my wand and muttered the luminous spell and watched the dark space of my bed I was moping in light up. I opened the book and sighed softly.

FWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGW

Monday - 2stJanuary – Hogwarts – 11:10 AM

I was half way through my book when my dorm room door slammed open and multiple footsteps came in.

"Harry!" the voice of not only Terry, Michael and Tracey came from the door but also Draco, Blaise, Daphne, Fred and George called out as well. I sighed as I put the book under my pillow before opening my curtain. They all turned to me as I glared at them.

"What are you doing?" I said as they all immediately crowded me. Crabbe and Goyle stood at the door as guards.

"Are you alright?! You didn't come to Transfiguration and didn't come to lunch." Tracey said as she put her hand on my forehead to check for a fever. I swatted her hand away and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"I'm not sick. After the whole… Granger thing, I was sat down with Madam Pomfrey and Professor Flitwick for some… interesting information." They looked at me expectantly. "Information I can't tell you unless you learn Occlumency." They all groaned in annoyance. "Just some of the information about it was… horrifying to say the least." They all looked at me with concern and confusion. "ANYWAY. how about we learn some defense this afternoon after defense so I can be prepared incase Ron attacks me next." I said as they all nodded their heads except Fred and George. Fred and George stepped forward.

"Harry…" Fred began as George opened his mouth to continue when I cut them off with a frown on my face.

"It's not your fault about what your younger siblings, Percy and Mother have done. Do not blame yourself for their mistake." I gave them a glare for extra measure as the twins stared at me with shock. "About what we were talking about on the train. Can you get the… item for me?" I asked as the twins came out of their shock and nodded their heads.

"Yes." George began.

"What you want…" Fred continued.

"With that item…"

"We do not…"

"Know but we…"

"Will get it…"

"For you!" The Twins finished together. I nodded my head as the others looked at me with confusion. I shook my head at them as they sighed in annoyance. I turned back to the twins.

"After what I've done to the item, I will tell you what I've done though… you will probably find out after I've done it by either the Daily Profit or I will tell you first. Either one." I said with a shrug as the others looked interested again. I turned to the others with a smile. "As soon as Fred and George give me the item. I will need to be alone in the Room of Requirements. Do you understand?" They all nodded except Draco who just frowned at me.

"No." Was all Draco said before walking over to sit next to me. "I will have my father pay someone to teach me Occlumency so you can tell me things. And No to the fact that I will not leave you alone after today. Pansy is on a revenge streak for you so she could tell Weasley, not you two, where the Room of Requirements is so he can attack you. No way!" Draco said as the others looked at me with unsureness. I sighed softly before standing up.

"Fine. But only Draco then." The twins frowned and glared at me as I sighed softly. "Fine. Only Draco, Fred and George." The others nodded in agreement.

"That's a good idea. Those three did protect you today." Tracey said as she looked to Daphne. Daphne nodded in agreement as she made her own comment.

"Yes. Draco had literary bolted from the table as soon as he saw Granger take one step towards you. I think the twins saw Draco bolt towards you and saw Granger starting to run at you so they ran to protect you as well before any of us could move." I stared at Daphne for a second before turning to the three blushing boys that were mentioned. I smiled at them.

"Thanks. I guess I owe you one for saving me." I gave them a pat on the shoulder as I then turned to the others with a smile. "Sorry for worrying you guys. I'm fine now but I need to finish something before I can got back to classes today. I should be finished by next lunch or Defense." The others nodded as a knock sounded on the door. The door opened to reveal Professor Flitwick. I smiled and stood up from my bed.

"Good morning, Mister Potter. Miss Granger's parents have been brought into the school and have requested to see you to decide her punishment on whether she can stay and have detention for the rest of this year and next year or be expelled and have her wand snapped." My eyes widened at that.

I could keep her out of Hogwarts so that's one danger in the school out of the way but… that leaves a danger in the muggle world of her finding where I live. I'm sure it'll be fine as long as I be aware of my surroundings.

"Okay. Could you stay in case that…" I trailed off as Professor Flitwick caught onto what I was saying. He nodded quickly as he started ushering me out of the room.

"Of course I'll stay with you! Now let's get a move on!" Professor Flitwick walked with me on his little legs at a rushed pace as we made our way to the entrance of Dumbledore's office. "Lemon drops." I roiled my eyes and walked up the steps and into the office to see Hermione Granger sitting between her two parents on a couch. Severus standing behind Hermione with a scowl. Professor McGonagall standing sternly besides Dumbledore's desk and Dumbledore sitting at his desk. They all turned to me. Hermione glared at me as her parents nudged her leg.

"Mister Potter." Professor McGonagall began. "Had Professor Flitwick told you of your choices?" I nodded my head as I looked at Hermione's parents. Dumbledore then cleared his throat as we all looked at him.

"Harry, my boy." I glared at him. McGonagall narrowed her eyes at me as I glared at Dumbledore. Dumbledore then put up his hands in surrender. "Sorry. I forgot. Mister Potter." I stopped glaring and stared at him neutrally as McGonagall looked confused. "I think you should give Miss Granger another chance before making such rash-." I cut him off with a glare.

"She has attacked me twice. TWICE!" I looked away from Dumbledore to Hermione who was glaring at me. "If I gave her another chance, she would attack me again and probably do a lot worse the first and the second time she has attacked me." I turned to Mr. and Mrs. Granger with a sad look. "I'm sorry but I… I just don't feel safe with your daughter here when she has attacked me and has injured one of my friends as they protected me from a boils jinx." Mrs. And Mr. Granger gave me a sad look before answering.

"We understand, Harry. We don't understand why she has done this as this is not the daughter we raised but I think it would be best if she didn't come back here and got some help." Hermione's eyes widened at her father's words and snapped her head to him with wide shocked eyes. Mr. Granger just looked away from his daughter and stood with his wife before forcing Hermione too as well. "I think its best we go. We already know the answer so we will be leaving." The Grangers left relatively quickly as Hermione gave me one last glare with a promise of revenge. I stood up and was about to leave when Dumbledore spoke.

"I'm very disappointed in you, Mister Potter." I froze as Professor McGonagall, Professor Snape and Professor Flitwick snapped their heads to Dumbledore in shock. "You should have given Miss Granger another chance." I growled softly before turning to Dumbledore with a cold smile.

"I don't like you. Stay away from me and my money, you money stealing bastard." I then turned and left the office with my head held high. I smirked as I entered the dorm.

Now I just need to get the rat.

But to get the rat, I need to practice the Animagus reverse spell.

FWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGWxxxFWxHPxDMxGW

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.1K 1.2K 32
Best Rankings | #1 in OlderHarry | #1 in HarryBlack | #6 in HarryxFleur Harrison Black and his half-brother, Harvey Potter, faced the Dark Lord that...
75.7K 2.3K 50
How would the wizarding world react to a Boy Who Lived who is much different from what they expected? One that is set to change the course of the mag...
20.3K 618 4
Harry Potter is back to Hogwarts after the Second Wizarding War; and so is his two best friends. But it seems that Harry's fate is already sealed by...
862K 31.6K 33
Despite the struggles that come with transferring to a new school in the middle of the year, Ellie Evans finds that she'll also have to face tragedy...