Stuck In Paradise

By AnushkaPlayz

Hero, Kel, Aubrey, and Basil know that the dream world they are in is not their own. Who is Omori? Why does h... More

main story
Beginning of the dreams
We need to find Basil!
Otherworld Pt1
Otherworld Pt2
Otherworld Pt3
VS Space Ex-Boyfriend
Snap back to Reality
Fights with the Hooligans.
Knife
Bathroom break
Pyrefly Forest Pt1
Pyrefly Forest Pt2 Lost Forest
Pyrefly Forest Pt3
Sprout Mole Village
Sprout Mole Village pt 2
The dungeon
The dungeon pt2
Sweetheart's Castle pt1
Sweetheart's Castle pt2
Sweetheart's Castle pt3
Sweetheart's Castle pt4
Sweetheart's Castle pt5
Sweetheart's Castle pt6
Sweetheart's Castle pt7
Sweetheart's Castle pt8
Sweetheart's Castle pt9
Sweetheart's Castle pt10
Lost Library
Visit and Call
Let's head to the lake.
Can't breathe
Trying and failing to interrogate a depressed teenager.
Still trying to question a depressed teen. Still failing.
everyone realizes they're a depressed teen.
Vast Forest and Pinwheel Forest
On our way to the deep
A mini rest
Last Resort pt1
Last Resort pt2
Last Resort pt3
Last Resort pt4
Last Resort pt5
Exiting the Last Resort. Going to the highway.
Underwater Highway
We are almost there.
Coral Branch
Beginning of Humphrey!
Humphrey pt1
Humphrey pt2
Humphrey pt3
Humphrey pt4
Humphrey pt5
Humphrey pt6
Humphrey pt7
Humphrey pt8
Humphrey pt9
Humphrey pt10
Humphrey pt11
Humphrey pt12
Let's go save Basil.
The beginning of Black Space
Calm
The tides are getting rough
The tides are getting worse. I don't know how long the boat will last.
The boat is being destoryed.
Sinking
The boat is filled with water
We've sunk. I couldn't save you. I'm sorry...my best friend.
Bad and good things happen at midnight.
A mini talk and check up
A prevention
Aubrey's thoughts
A mini break
A slight breeze causes a leaf to fall from a tree
A bad idea is born
Do you think this is the right choice?
Vs Something
Beginning of the truth.
Finding lost memories but at what cost?
Oh.
A Hero's Perspective
Now we know
Lost and Found
Party at the Hideout!
Face Yourself
Vs Masked Hero and other shit
Vs Masked Basil and some other shit
Vs Masked Aubrey and Kel featuring Memory Lane
Ridding of the Masks as a melody plays.
The final duet and their moments after
Missing Oasis
Train ride
Train Fright
Food Pyramid pt1
Flashback
Funny Hero Flashback
alternate endings
A Bad End pt1
A Bad End pt 2
What if Basil went through with it?
side storys
Didn't expect to see you here
Kel and Aubrey chat
"Who the hell does gardening work at two in the morning?"
a random story from a separate universe
It is sunny out but still raining. Maybe a rainbow will appear?
shoutouts

Vs Omori

788 25 20
By AnushkaPlayz

Sunny stood tall, feeling a million eyes on him as if he was a prize a group of kids was going to win. The feeling burrowed itself into his skull but he didn’t dare look back. Whatever was behind him would take away his resolve and he wasn’t having it. He was done running away from his problems and his friends.

He remembers Basil’s eyes looking down on him, concern had shined through and Sunny felt awful. Basil shouldn’t be concerned for him. It really should be the other way around.

Basil was the one who spent three days in Black Space, not him.

After he defeats Omori he has to apologize to all of them.

Taking a deep breath he steadied himself.

His grip on his violin became stronger.

He just needed to win.

~~~~~~

Omori knew what Sunny was planning. He always did. They were the same after all.

Though he had a job to fulfill. That job was to protect Sunny. If he failed that job then there would be nothing left for the both of them. Sunny would suffer. Omori didn’t want that.

He didn’t want Sunny to suffer.

There was only one way out of this now that everyone knows the truth. That way was death. He won’t suffer there. He would be safe and happy. This eternal dream would be his new home.

He wouldn’t have to live in a world that was cruel and harsh. He wouldn’t burden his mother anymore. He wouldn’t need to burden his friends who would have to take care of a murderer. He could be with Mari.

He would be happy.

He just needs to win.

He will win.

~~~~~~

Kel watched the fight, barely blinking as Omori and Sunny clashed. He couldn’t afford to miss a second of the fight. He needed to know if Sunny would make it through. The thought of him losing this is what sent Kel into a panic.

He tried struggling to break free again but at this point, it felt like the hands were going to break his ribs. He can’t do anything if that happens so he stopped, though his eyes scanned for anything that could help him escape. Maybe he could grab Sunny’s attention?

Did Sunny even know they were here? He most likely doesn’t, judging how he didn’t turn to face them a single time. He was more focused on the fight.

Speaking of the fight, it was becoming more intense. However, it looked like Sunny was coming out on top! They have a chance! Sunny could win!

He began mentally cheering for Sunny, hoping that his words will somehow get to him.

~~~~~~

“You got this Sunny! I believe in you! Kick his ass for me! That’s what he gets for messing with us!”

Kel’s voice rang in Sunny’s head. Sunny took a deep breath and felt some of his wounds close.

He needed to win for himself.

He needed to win for Kel.

~~~~~~

Omori cursed mentally.

They were trying to lure Sunny into a false sense of security.

Since when did they care about him?

If they had managed to stay in contact, Sunny would not need Omori but look where they are now.

He clicked his tongue as he slashed at Sunny. Sunny readied his violin and smashed it into Omori’s side, causing him to tumble.

He wasn’t going to simply lay down and die though.

He needed to win for Sunny.

He was going to win for Sunny.

Omori did not Succumb.

~~~~~~

Aubrey gasped the moment Omori hit the floor. A spike of hope lit up in her.

Was Sunny going to win this?

Then it happened.

The world became dark then light again and Omori got up.

His knife was covered in Sunny’s blood and his body had a red outline surrounding it. It was like looking at a cartoon character who was glowing because they were charging up something powerful.

Wait, shit if Sunny’s mind is going by weird logic could that be the case for Omori as well?

Fuck!

The damn hands became tighter as if they read her thoughts on how Sunny was in danger. They wouldn’t let her help with anything.

Her eyes landed on Sunny who was definitely doing his best with what he had. Sometimes he would slash at Omori multiple times with the bow from the violin or sometimes use the violin itself.

Weirdly enough, despite a stumble here and there, Sunny was making the best out of the fight.

She grinned mentally and began to cheer him on, hoping it would somehow reach him.

~~~~~~

“Damn it Sunny, I would be down there right now helping you if I could. Make sure you get a nice hit in the gut for me alright! You got this!”

Aubrey’s words rang in his head and he let out a tiny smile.

It was nice to know Aubrey and Kel were watching, cheering him on.

Don’t worry, he was going to win this.

He wasn’t going to give up.

Not until he makes up for all the suffering he has caused.

~~~~~~

Omori felt the rage build up inside him. If he could he would get rid of them yet something in his heart refuses to let him do so.

Damn it, he was making them worry about him. That’s the opposite of what he wants. Why can’t they treat him as they should? He is a murderer. A person who deserves to be shamed.

He grits his teeth as Sunny whacked his head with the violin.

Omori took a deep breath.

“You’ve caused so much suffering, yet you do nothing. Thus, you’ve earned nothing in return.” He whispered low enough for only Sunny to hear. He didn’t want the others to try and tell him he is wrong.

He sent out some red hands and knocked Sunny back.

“Your friends won’t forgive you. They’ll abandon you like how you abandoned them and that is what you deserve.”

He sent out more red hands.

“They only act as if they care about you. What part of that do you not understand?” Omori asked.

Sunny seemed to open his mouth to speak before shutting it. His eyes were still burning with resolve though.

He was stubborn and not backing down. Couldn’t he see how he was just burdening his so-called “friends?”

He wasn’t going to burden his friends anymore, and to not be a burden he has to get rid of Sunny, even if it meant throwing his worst fears at him.

He wasn’t going to lose this battle.

He was going to win.

He was going to win for them and Sunny.

Omori did not Succumb.

~~~~~~

Hero was still struggling despite the hands tightening around him. It hurt like hell but he couldn’t stay still when Sunny was in danger.

Omori seemed to be saying something but he couldn’t make out the words. Judging by what their masked selves said to them it wasn’t probably anything good.

He just wishes he could help.

The room went dark again but instead of turning back to white, it turned red. Red, giant hands floated in the sky. They reached out for eternity to grab what wasn’t there. Hero felt a chill on his back and he recognized where they were.

They were back in Black Space.

Hero immediately felt fear built inside him yet he ignored it. He had to ignore it for Sunny who also looked nervous and scared to be back in Black Space.

Omori’s appearance had changed again, this time his body becoming redder as if somehow was coloring him in with a crayon.

He opened his mouth again and this time Hero held his breath, hoping to hear what he says.

“You tell yourself that you don’t want to burden others but the truth is that you’re selfish. You just don’t want people to depend on you.”

The red hands from the sky came crashing down and hit Sunny dead-on. He let out a yell as he fell to the ground.

Hero felt his heartache at the sight of Sunny being injured. There were tears coming out of his eyes as he began mentally screaming to Sunny in hopes he magically heard him.

~~~~~~

“Sunny! Sunny, if you hear me...know that we care about you, okay? Don’t listen to Omori! Don’t give up thinking we don’t care! We’ll make it through this together! So make it through this, okay?”

Hero’s voice was comforting to hear after that. Omori wasn’t letting up, and it only seemed like the battle was becoming more and more intense by the second.

He refused to give up.

He needed to continue for Hero, Aubrey, and Kel.

He won’t let them down.

~~~~~~

Shit, he talked too loud.

He bit his tongue long enough to feel blood staining the inside of his mouth as Sunny continued his attack.

He was persistent and surprisingly steady with his movement.

Omori only felt anger at that.

“When do you think about others? How long are you going to let people take care of you?”

He slashed, tearing the front of Sunny’s shirt.

“You say you care but you are a liar. You’ve never done anything for anyone else. You’re useless...less than useless. You’re sick.”

Sunny grits his teeth and ran forward, slashing the bow like it was the very knife Omori was holding.

What a fool. Can’t he see the truth?

“People like you don’t deserve to live.”

Omori did not Succumb.

~~~~~~

Everything was going from bad to worse.

The room went dark again only for a black goop to begin falling from the ceiling. The goop had eyes and watched Sunny and Omori battle. The distorted version of Mari was back and standing far behind Omori, though was close enough to be noticeable.

Sunny looked scared but with a deep breath, he steadied himself.

Basil had to admire Sunny’s dedication to continuing living on.

If it was him down there, he wouldn’t make it. He knows that as a fact.

Because you’re a coward.

His own voice hissed in his mind but he silenced it. He couldn’t focus on his thoughts right now. He needed to make sure Sunny was okay.

Speaking of the devil, Sunny was doing his best to dodge Omori’s attacks but was failing badly. If Basil could, he would break free and run to Sunny and help him.

He couldn’t though.

“Your friends are wrong about you. The person they love isn’t you at all. You let them believe in a lie to protect yourself.”

Omori spoke and Basil felt his stomach twist.

Sunny and Basil really are similar in some aspects, huh? Some of those aspects being that they have similar thoughts.

Basil hated it though. He hated when someone thought the same as him. Sunny shouldn’t be thinking about himself like that.

Call him a hypocrite but he doesn’t care. He just wants to help his best friend.

No matter what Sunny does and doesn’t do. Basil would be by his side.

Despite everything, Basil was cheering him on.

Basil hoped Sunny knew that.

~~~~~~

“Sunny...I know how you feel okay? But, maybe with enough help, we can get rid of thoughts like these together. Make it through this for me, okay?”

Sunny nodded to the air.

Despite everything, he wanted to be there for his friends.

It was clear to him that his friends wanted to be there for him as well.

Despite all these thoughts, he could still change. He can still make a difference! He was going to push through, just for them.

For himself as well.

~~~~~~

Omori wanted to scream. Sunny was still not listening to him. How dare he think now he can change!? After everything they have been through, now he wants to make a difference? What a joke? How can a monster like him do anything right?

“You’re still not understanding me. You’re nothing but a liar. You are lying to yourself. You’re lying to them. Think truthfully here, would your friends really cheer on a killer like you? You’re delusional. At most, they hate you as much as you hate yourself.”

Sunny looked away from him, trying to block out his voice.

What a coward.

Omori will fix that though.

He looked towards his so-called “friends” attempting to slip past the hands holding them back.

That is when he got an idea.

Maybe he can show Sunny why it was bad to still be near them.

To show him how much damage he will cause if he doesn’t let Omori finish his duty.

Omori felt a hit to the gut from Sunny and he fell to the ground.

He smiled.

Omori did not Succumb.

~~~~~~

Basil felt the hands around him weaken as the room went black. His body managed to slip through their fingers with ease.

He was free.

He could help Sunny!

He opened his mouth only for it to become covered again. His body became wrapped again and he tried to struggle. His position in the room shifted as he felt something tighten around his throat. It wasn't strong enough to choke him, but noticeable.

“Don’t move. Don’t speak. If you do, you’ll die. Listen to this warning, please.”

The room regained light only for Basil to realize his new position.

He choked back a scream as he saw how high he was.

He was being held up by a noose. It wasn’t a tight one, in fact, it was very loose and big. Loose enough so it wouldn’t be choking him and big enough to fall out of. Yet, if Mari’s warning is to be heeded then talking or moving could cause him to lose his life. Omori would probably tighten it in an instant if he talked and if he moved he would surely plummet to his death.

This wasn’t a good situation to be in at all.

The rope felt like it was burning his skin and tears built in his eyes. He didn’t want to be here. He wanted to be down by Sunny and help him.

Speaking of Sunny, he was looking at them with pure fear in his eyes.

He took a few steps back as Omori looked at him with empty eyes.

“Don’t you see what you will cause Sunny? Every moment they are with you, you put them in danger. You brought them here on multiple occasions and let them suffer. You are at the bottom of the sea and all you do is drag them down to drown them. You’re scum.”

Omori ran forward and punched Sunny in the face.

The boy fell down with a thud as Omori jumped on top of him. He held his fist up in the air, “Kel loved her and you killed her.”

Swing.

“Aubrey loved her and you killed her.”

Swing.

“Hero loved her and you killed her.”

Swing.

“Basil loved her and you killed her.”

Swing.

“You. You loved her and you killed her.”

He swung for the final time. Sunny’s face was pure purple from the punches dealt as Omori got up. He stood over Sunny, raising his knife over his chest.

“I know. Things seem to be bad right now. Trust me, Sunny. Your friends care about you. They want you to win this. They want to help you. I want to help you.”

Silence.

“So please...do this for all of us. Continue on.”

Sunny opened his eyes in time to see Omori’s knife plunge down. He rolled out of the way, still keeping a hold on his violin.

His violin.

Oh.

That was it.

He knew how to win.

Taking a deep breath, Sunny stood up. He felt his wounds disappear as he lifted the violin to his chin. He readied his bow and looked into Omori’s eyes.

Omori suddenly seemed calm, as if he knew what Sunny was about to do.

Of course, he knew, they were the same after all.

...

After a moment of silence, he closed his eyes and began to play.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Comari By Babil

Fanfiction

1K 22 10
SPOILERS FOR OMORI What if, in their panic, Basil and/or Sunny managed to compose themselves enough to run down the street to Kel's house and ask for...
29.1K 1.1K 46
(Cover art by me) Sunny brings Mari back to life... but something is wrong. This is an au where Sunny never moves away but all the events that happen...
84.1K 2.2K 80
TRIGGER WARNING!! This story contains mentions of depression, suicide, severe anxiety, Claustrophobia, Thalassophobia, Trypophobia, drowning, chil...
23K 540 34
This is a suntan story :DDDD bc we need to have more of those TW for suicide and self-harm topics be warned Sunny is not surprised after his friends...