Trap in a Book

By Song_smile

Her busy life soon comes to the end once she enters a small bookstore and finds her all-time favorite book. O... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Notice Not A Hiatus
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Update
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chatper 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80 (End)
Extra
Surprise Update

Chapter 4

6.7K 182 5
By Song_smile

"But, my lady, some of these jewels were from your parents," LiMei said.

"I know, but we need money to buy food, and my parents would also want me to stay alive and wouldn't mind me doing this," Xiaomei replied. LiMei didn't say anything and nodded her head.

"LiMei, if it is possible for you to sneak out of the palace and sell these to the pawn? If not, find someone who will do it for us and tell them we will pay them with money and do it secretly. Let no one know what you are doing," Xiaomei said. "Are you able to do this, LiMei?" Xiaomei asked again.

"Yes, Miss, don't worry," LiMei said and wrapped all the jewels in a cloth before leaving in secret. She hoped LiMei was safe, and no one wouldn't notice her as she was a small ordinary maid and wouldn't suspect her compared to her, with the label a schemish, foul woman.

As she was by herself, she started thinking about how to get back home in her time. She recalled how she got here by a paper cut. However, she's in the cold palace and was not able to get some paper. She tapped her chin, thinking more tensely. She hopes that LiMei was able to obtain money from the jewels. Maybe she could try sneaking out, if possible, to the market or bribing someone to get some items for her.

Time went by, and LiMei had not returned yet, as Xiaomei was getting tired of waiting and sitting in the house, so she left the house. Her stomach was growling, and she wanted to eat something, but there was no food anywhere until she noticed the trees in the small area. She hoped that some trees had fruits, but there was no luck as there were no fruits. Xiaomei took a sad deep breath and was about to head back until she spotted something up in the tree. The tree has green circle fruits. She had never seen this fruit before, and it didn't look like an apple. She bent down and picked up one of the fallen fruits off the ground. To her surprise, it wasn't a fruit but walnuts. She unpeeled the green layer until she reached the brown hard shell. She then collected more walnut shells until her arms were full. She entered the house again and set all the walnuts on the table. She then uses two walnuts to crush each other open and continues to do that throughout by separating the nuts and shells into two piles. Xiaomei put the shell into a piece of cloth and tied it up, so she could use it as firewood when it was cold.

She saved some walnuts for LiMei before eating her share. She wished that the walnuts were roasted, as they would taste better. Then she remembered the dirty pot by the side of the house. She went out and grabbed the dirty pot and saw how filthy it was. There was a big spider inside the pot. She bangs the pot on the ground to get the spider out before she washes the pot. It wasn't perfect, but it's something. She then set the pot aside and started making a bonfire out of sight. She cleared the area, so nothing would catch on fire and formed a circle with rocks before setting up twigs like a tent and banging two rocks to make a spark. Once the fire started, she grabbed all the walnuts and tossed them in the pot. She held the pot above the fire and occasionally shook the pot to mix the nuts around.

It took a while for her to roast them since she had to hold the pot high from the fire so it could still roast the nuts but not burn her.

Even after roasting, LiMei has not gotten back. Xiaomei started to worry as the sun was setting. She waited for LiMei by the gate, as there were no guards guarding them as they were completely forgotten, and she continued to look around, trying to spot LiMei.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 106 7
What would you do if your boyfriend broke up with you for someone else? Even worse. She is that girl. Popular, shallow and horribly perfect. The one...
986K 32.1K 57
As tragedy befalls on Zhan Yu , he soon finds himself transmigrated into a novel world as a character. To his disappointment, he became the villain w...
4.6M 213K 200
The main character always ends up with the male lead? Even if they're backstabbing, evil, and cruel, they will live happily ever after just because t...
153K 3.6K 64
Wang Linxue transmigrated into a novel and becomes the villanous second female lead of a wealthy family. In the original she schemes over the female...