The Price Of Love

By RainbowColoredMind

Yuka wants nothing in the world more than a good old rags-to-riches kind of story. She's dealt with the rags... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Seven

Chapter Twenty Six

53.2K 2.8K 2.1K
By RainbowColoredMind

Just as she was determined to get rich, Yuka vowed to make her husband fall in love with her. Makukuha niya din ang pagmamahal ni Yvo katulad nang pagkuha niya sa marangyang buhay na tinatamasa niya. She was a greedy soul, desiring everything she found beautiful and good. And to her, Yvo was just that; beautiful and good. She would take him like all the other things she had taken in the past. By hook or by crook, she would have him.

She had gotten up early to pick the clothes he was supposed to wear for work and make breakfast for him. Her Ate had become her role model in being the perfect wife. Masaya din naman siyang pinagsisilbihan ang asawa niya. She liked seeing him get into clothes she'd pick and eat the food she made for him. 

"Good morning, doc..." she said in a sing-song voice when Yvo walked into the dining room. She had already put down a plate full of berries. Yvo liked eating light and healthy breakfast, she had already taken note of that. 

"Morning," he greeted back with a smile. He was already dressed for work. Habang gumagawa siya nang breakfast kanina ay nasa gym room na ito at nagwowork-out. It was his daily routine and she wished she could join him but at this point, she couldn't anymore. At 5 months, her belly was the size of a soccer ball now. 

She could barely even keep herself on her feet for more than 30 minutes without her back aching. Hinilot niya ang nangangawit na balakang. She had been standing for quite some time now.

Agad naman napansin ni Yvo ang ginagawa niya at nag-aalalang lumapit ito, "You okay?"

Yuka smiled, "Huwag mo ko alalahanin. Upo ka na."

Pumwesto sa likod niya si Yvo at hinawakan siya sa balakang. It had been a full week since he'd held her so intimately. Simula nang gabing iyon ay iniwasan na siya ng lalaki. He'd come to their room late at night when she's already asleep. Even though he never did say it, he made it very clear that that was never to happen again... not until she makes him fall in love with her. 

"Does it hurt?" he asked ever so gently as he started rubbing that area with his fingers.

"Hindi masakit, nangawit lang..." she answered.

She could feel the tension rising between them as she felt his breath against her nape. It had been so long. She had needs... one she had never explored before until him. Ramdam niya ang paglalim ng hininga ng lalaki ngunit kasabay nun ay ang pagbitaw nito.

"You better take a seat as well," sabi nito bago hilahin ang upuan para kay Yuka, "Ayaw kong napapagod ka. Baka kung mapaano ang baby."

Yuka frowned. It was always about the baby. When will it be about her? Kailan kaya magmamalasakit ang asawa niya sa kanya at sa kanya lang. May pakialam pa kaya ito sa kanya kung wala ang bata sa sinapupunan niya? She wanted him to care for her. She wanted him to love her...

They shared a quiet breakfast together before Yvo hurried to work. Naiwan na naman mag-isa si Yuka and she was beginning to hate being left alone. She was getting bored of Yvo's huge house and his limitless credit card extension. Gusto niya lang makasama ang asawa. She didn't know what it was but there was something about her husband that made her feel safe, protected.

Yuka had the driver take her to Yvo's workplace. She had pack a lunch for her husband, chicken curry at kanin. Dahil sa sobrang boredom sa bahay at gusto niyang magpa-impress kay Yvo, kumuha siya ng online cooking class kung saan natuto siya nang iba't-ibang luto. 

She was excited to see him. She craves his presence all the time. To her, he was her snuggle blanket or her comfort movie. Palaging gusto niyang nakadikit sa asawa nitong mga nakaraan araw. Could it possibly be the mind-blowing orgasm he'd given her? Maybe. Possibly. That's one. She just loved being around him. Naeexcite na siya tuwing pauwi na ang lalaki sa bahay galing sa trabaho. Buti na lang at mabait ang asawa niya at pagkatapos nitong magtrabaho, hindi na ito dumadaan kung saan-saan. She knew because she had installed a gps tracker to his phone while he was asleep. 

Sinilip niya ang asawa mula sa glass wall nang meeting room kung nasaan ito. Her husband looked hot in his white lab coat as he spoke infront of everyone sitting at a long table. Pawang mga propesyonal na scientist at doctor din ang mga kasama nito sa loob na nakikinig sa kanya. Her husband was so smart, she thought proudly, smiling to herself. She knew the meeting was over when people began to stand from their seats and it was a cue for her to come in. Itinulak niya ang glass door papasok sa opisina. She couldn't wait for him to walk out of the room. 

Her vision tunneled to him, her hot scientist husband wearing his hot white lab coat with his hands tucked into both its pocket. Umangat ang tingin sa kanya ng asawa at lumawak lalo ang ngiti ni Yuka.

She rushed her wait to him, "Hi, doooo-"

Bigla ay nabunggo siya nang salubungin niya ang mga taong nagsisilabasan na mula sa meeting room. 

"Oh, my god!" A woman yelped when Yuka crashed into her. Tumilapon ang hawak niyang bento box, its content spilling all over.

"Yuka!" Yvo quickly ran toward her and protectively held her tummy. 

"Sorry!" Natatarantang hingi niya nang dispensa. The whole room reeked of curry and the food she prepare for her husband was now scattered on the floor. Mula sa sahig ay umangat ang tingin niya at agad nakita ang mantsa sa puting lab coat at pink na button down shirt ng tao sa harap niya. "Sorry talaga, di ko sinasadya..."

"It's... it's okay." the woman said, her voice was calm and steady. 

Nag-angat siya nang tingin mula sa damit nang babaeng kaharap. She looked as beautiful and elegant as her voice. Para itong modelong nakikita niya sa mga napapanood niyang Asia's Top Models. The woman was inches taller than her, towering over her and making her feel more inferior. She looked familiar...

"Are you okay?" Nabaling ang atensyon niya sa asawa nang tanungin siya nito.

She blinked and turned her head to him, "Y-yeah, okay lang ako. Sorry, ang clumsy ko naman, ano ba yan." 

She felt so embarassed and she felt like she had embarrassed her husband as well in front all these professionals. Dito pa siya nagkalat! Why did she use that cheap bento box she'd bought online? Kung mamahalin na lunch box na lang sana ang binili niya, sana di na ito nagkalas-kalas konting pitik lang! She wanted to face palm herself.

"Here..." Yvo reached for the tissue box and handed it to the woman in front of them.

"Thank you, Yv- Dr. Zamora." tinanggap naman iyon ng babae at nagsimulang punasan ang sariling damit.

"I'm sorry," humingi din ng paumanhin ang lalaki. The way he looked at the woman, why was she feeling so much tension between the two? "I have an extra shirt you can use."

"I'd appreciate that. Thank you," the woman said.

Nabaling ulit pabalik ang atensyon ni Yuka sa babae. Naningkit lalo ang singkit na mata niya. She was sure she had seen this woman before. Yes, of course! In the picture. It slowly sank into her. It was Krista... his ex-girlfriend! Hindi siya pwedeng magkamali. 

Yvo spoke to his secretary in the intercom and asked for his shirt to be brought to the meeting room. Sila na lang tatlo ang natira at nagsilabasan na ang mga ka-meeting nila kanina. Hindi alam ni Yuka kung ano ang gagawin sa sarili niya. 

Naramdaman ni Yuka ang paghawak ng lalaki sa likod ng baywang niya, "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Mm-hm..." she tried to act normal. She even tried to smile but her face was too stiff for her smile to be convincing.

Tumikhim si Yvo as if to fill the awkward silence between them, "This is Yuka, my wife." 

"Oh, I'm so glad to be able to finally meet you. I hate that we had to meet like this but I'm happy to meet you," she chukled as she looked at herself covered with curry. 

Yuka feigned a smile. Bakit di pa nabuhos sa kanya lahat ng sauce? 

"Yuka, this is Krista." he introduced the woman to her. 

"I'm a friend of Doctor Zamora. We were old friends... we had the same circle of friends." dugtong ng babae. She looked and sounded genuinely nice. Unassuming. And just really beautiful. Para itong di makabasag pinggan. Kung pagdidikitin sila, parang ito ang maamong bida at siya ang malditang kontrabida.

Yuka hated her. The woman was everything she was not. Except the beautiful part. Hindi niya matatanggap na hindi siya maganda! Mas maganda naman siya kaysa sa babaeng iyon.

"Ganon ba?" Umarka ang kilay ni Yuka. 

Yvo kept mum knowing that Yuka knew what Krista was to him. He, too, could feel the annoyance simmering out of his wife. He knew he was screwed. 

"Sir, ito na po yung shirt." His secretary came in, carrying a folded white shirt. 

Yvo took the shirt and handed it over to Krista. Sandaling nagkatinginan ang dalawa at agad naman humarang si Yuka sa pagitan nila. 

"Ibalik mo yan, ah. Ako bumili niyan para sa asawa ko." she folded her arms over her chest and then forced a smile. 

"Ibabalik ko din ito bukas. Thank you so much." The woman nodded at both of them and lowered her eyes to her protruding belly, "By the way, congrats on the baby."

Yuka saw a hint of what looked like pain flash across Krista's eyes as she looked at her belly. When she blinked and it was all gone as if a veil had been put over her eyes, blocking any emotions. Nag-angat ito muli ng tingin sa kanilang dalawa at tumingin kay Yvo.

"I just... never pictured you as a father," she tried to keep up the smile even though the corners of her lips were strained, "I mean, it does suit you. I'm sure you're going to be a good father, hindi lang ako makapaniwala siguro." tumawa ng marahan ito at muling tumingin kay Yuka, "Masyado kasing workaholic 'yan noon."

"Hindi naman na ngayon dahil magkaka-baby na kami. Sobrang alaga nga ng hubby ko sa amin ni baby. Syempre, kami na ang priority niya." Yuka said with a proud smile. Inabot niya pa ang kwelyo ng asawa at nagkunwaring inayos niya ito pagkatapos ay niyakap niya ang asawa. "I'm so lucky!"

"I'm sure you are," she smiled faintly and lifted her hand that held the shirt, "Ibabalik ko na lang ito bukas."

"Paabot mo na lang sa secretary. Thanks!" Sagot ni Yuka.

Krista nodded her head and walked out of the room. Sila na lang ang naiwan dalawa. Yuka threw her a spiteful look and Yvo massaged his temples knowing that she'd be a piece of work after this encounter. 

"So, tinago mo talaga sa akin ito? Kung hindi pa ako nagpunta, di ko malalaman..." Yuka tried to not let her voice quiver.

"I'm sorry, I did not mention this to you..."

"Bakit hindi?"

"Because it doesn't matter!" he snarled.

"It doesn't matter?" Namilog ang singkit na mata niya, "Tangina! Paano kung i-hire ko ex ko na maging driver natin tapos hindi ko sabihin sa'yo? Sa tingin mo it wouldn't matter?"

"Come on, Yuka..." he shook his head.

"Yan ang problema sa inyong mga lalaki! Kapag ginawa niyo sa amin mga babae, it doesn't matter! Pero pag kami, it's the end of the fucking world!" She exclaimed and then turned to walk out of the room. 

"Please, Yuka..." humabol ang lalaki sa kanya. "It's not like that. I just didn't think it would be a big deal to you. We're two grown adults."

She stopped in front of the elevator, smashing her finger on the down button, "Eh di magpaka-adult kayong dalawa! Petty ako kaya wala kang magagawa! Pakyu ka!"

"I didn't mean it like that." he combed his fingers through his hair.

The elevator made a tinging noise and the door opened. Yuka stepped inside and he follow behind her. She, again, slammed her finger to the Ground Floor button. 

"Look, Krista and I... whatever we had, it's in the past now. She's working here as an intern. Nothing more." 

"Alam mo hindi ako nagagalit dun. Nagagalit ako kasi 'di mo sinabi sa akin. The fact that you didn't even mention this to me, you knew it was not right..." the corners of her mouth tugged downwards as she tried to hold back her tears. 

Napabuntong-hininga si Yvo, realizing that he was in the wrong and Yuka had a point. "It never occured to me like that. It just didn't matter to me and I thought it wouldn't to you, too."

"Alam mo problema sa'yo? Matalino ka nga pero kulang ka sa emotional intelligence! Di mo naiisip ang nararamdaman ko bilang asawa mo! Nagluto pa ako para sa'yo!" hindi na napigilan ni Yuka ang mapahikbi. 

Bumukas ang pinto ng elevator at agad padabog na lumabas mula doon. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6M 135K 51
PUBLISHED UNDER POP FICTION (SUMMIT BOOKS) The Neighbors Series #2 Highest Rank: #1 in General Fiction ** Meet the rich, gorgeous, hot and sexy Sapph...
24.3M 710K 34
She was kidnapped by the mafia prince, Lander Montenegro, at the age of five. He stole almost half of her life, so it's only fair that he repays her...
7.9M 201K 47
Rugged Series #4 Kill Legrand has everything. Growing inside a prestigiously rich family, she can have whatever she wants in just a blink of her eye...
2.6M 99K 72
She's a servant of the church with pure and innocent heart. He's a badass tattooed man. An Atheist. Will their different beliefs become a hindrance t...