Damned by Dusk

By xoaiki

"It's so wild to me, all men in my life do is lie to me. And here I was like an idiot, really believing you w... More

𝐀//𝐍
π‚π‘πšπ«πšπœπ­πžπ«π¬ π€πžπ¬π­π‘πžπ­π’πœπ¬
π‚π‘πšπ«πšπœπ­πžπ« π’π‘πžπžπ­
𝐈
𝐈𝐈
𝐈𝐈𝐈
πˆπ•
𝐕
π•πˆ
π•πˆπˆ
πˆπ—
𝐗
π—πˆ
π—πˆπˆ
π—πˆπˆπˆ
π—πˆπ•
𝐗𝐕
π—π•πˆ
π—π•πˆπˆ

π•πˆπˆπˆ

118 9 0
By xoaiki

Isis POV
❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

"I'm still not understanding why we had to wake up before the damn Devil himself," Dess groaned as she spread out across my floor as she, Ixora, and Makayla had been doing the entire time since they got here.

"For the last time, Jévon asked us to be there by ten so we can chill and shit before all the crazy shit with random people happens later. You can sleep on the ride there." I shook my head at her whining, but I knew they were all tired. We had been up late partying, and I knew this weekend would just be a continuation. At least, I was hoping it would be. I wasn't really in the mood for any drama. I wanted chill vibes only.

After making sure I had everything I needed, plus a few extra outfits just in case, we left and began to pack the car up. I was trying to force the last suitcase into the trunk of my car when my phone buzzed in my back pocket. Taking it out and seeing the message was from Von I clicked on it.

Son Son: Don't keep forcing it in the trunk someone's bringing a truck around for you.

I blinked a few times making sure I read his message right and when I realized I wasn't imagining it I looked around trying to figure out how he knew I was trying to force it into the trunk. More importantly, what did he mean someone was bringing a truck around for me.

Before I could process my thoughts my phone began to ring with his caller ID popping up across the screen. 

I quickly answered wanting and needing him to explain what the fuck he was talking about.

"Before you panic," I cut him off abruptly because we were past that. I was half a second from changing his contact back to the stalker.

"Yeah, we're passed that how'd you know I was stuffing Destiny's fat ass suitcase in my trunk?"

Not to say I wasn't creeped out I was also touched though by the truck gesture that I was pulling up behind me. I didn't need materialistic things like some people, but small acts of service made my heart swell. If he thought a truck was going to get me to crack and flirt back or even fuck him he was highly mistaken.

Not that bitch.

"I told the front desk to let me know when y'all left, also if y'all ran into any trouble."

"I'm sorry you did fucking what? How'd you even know what apartment complex I lived in?!"

He was absolutely still stalking me. I saw the person open the door to the truck, once they were fully out I realized it was Booker who was driving. I let out a small breath and heard Von chuckle from the other end of the line. 

"I own the building love," I froze in place. Of course, he owned the entire fucking complex of the one place I loved the fucking most. I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a coincidence or if God liked playing jokes on me and my life, either way, I didn't find it funny. 

"Of course you do, what would happen if I all of a sudden changed my mind?"

"We both know you're not going to change your mind, I can hear it in your voice that you have more questions. Only way I'm going to answer them is face to face. So, you still coming love?" 

Booker ushered me out of the way so he could get the things from the trunk and hearing the commotion the girls got out of the car. They began asking me questions that I was partially ignoring because all I could focus on was the tone in Jévon's voice.

It was demanding yet leading allowing me to still decide for myself even if he didn't want me to. 

I sighed rubbing my hands on the back of my neck, "I'll see you in a few hours Jévon and when I see you I'm going to murder you." 

"I can only dream," with that the other line clicked leaving the lingering reminder of him in my head. 

I saw Booker opening the back doors of the truck for the girls allowing them to get in, the man from the front desk then came up to me.

"Keys to your car ma'am?" I pulled my brows together in confusion while he held his friendly smile and explained further upon seeing my reaction to his question. "Mr. Anderson has sent me to put your car back into the garage in his designated spot so it is not bothered while you're gone for the weekend. I can assure you nothing will happen to your car."

It wasn't that I didn't think Von would do something like that, it's just this is Atlanta you can never be sure. A homeless man can be begging one minute then have fresh J's the next. Nonetheless, I reciprocated his smile and handed him my keys. I made sure we took everything out and anything important I had in there before making my way over to Booker who was waiting for me on the passenger's side. 

I smiled brightly at him and he gave me a smirk in return while scoping the area. The smirk alone was more than I expected out of him, he was extra cold on the outside I figured he'd been through some shit so I wasn't surprised. He reminded me of the cool uncle everybody couldn't wait to see at the family functions though.

"Good to see you again Booker," I said while he opened the door helping me step up into the seat.

"Pleasures all mine young lady, try not to fuck anybody up this weekend okay?" He said causing me to laugh loudly, I forgot the cranky tired asses in the back and they shushed me.

I turned around to see them knocked the fuck out in the back seat and repositioning themselves to get some rest. Rolling my eyes I turned back around in my seat and buckled my seatbelt.

Booker returned to his seat on the driver's side and started the car, he looked at me non-verbally asking me if I was ready to go and I nodded my head. He was a man of few words but his facial expressions and body language spoke for him and I admired that. Meanwhile, I was always trying to hide mine and make sure no one saw what I was really feeling on the inside.

Hollow.

That's why I was looking forward to this weekend with Jévon, even though I wouldn't admit it I liked being in his presence no matter how cocky. Something about being around him was intoxicating and inviting. 

It was as if I didn't need to hide who I really was nor did I want to, after this situation with Brandon something dark triggered inside of me and I didn't know whether to embrace it or be afraid of it. I wanted to talk about it to get it off of my chest, but I knew the only person I could talk about it with was him. Weirdly after I met him everything in my life started to get better.

But who was I kidding I was the manifestation queen, I did that not him.

"Don't sit over there stressing yourself out, you'll get wrinkles. Take a nap." 

"I wasn't stressing I was... analyzing information." 

"I know what overthinking looks like when I see it, besides the ride is a lil long might as well get some sleep." I sighed knowing he was right, I leaned my seat back a little, but not too far where I was leaning back on Makayla's tall ass. She really needed to be in the front, if she didn't point it out she must've been dumb tired.

I rested my head back on the headrest and closed my eyes, feeling a little anxious I pushed it down knowing this weekend was going to be nothing but good vibes. 

I hoped.

I don't know how much time had passed all I knew was it was a lot brighter than when I had gone to sleep. I held my hand in front of my eyes while I blinked to adjust them to the bright ass sun. Once I managed to see somewhat I could see we were still driving but were surrounded by trees so we couldn't have been too far.

"We're about five minutes out, I won't be here the entire weekend I have some business to attend to for Jay, but I programmed my number into your phone just in case you want to leave early." I smiled softly at him, as much as he rather pretend like he doesn't care about anyone he truly was a softie.

"Thanks, Booker," he nodded letting me know he received the message of my appreciation. 

Without even knowing the whole truck had been awake before me and here came the million questions. 

So, did you and Von fuck and you didn't tell us? Because girl," Destiny said first in her embarrassing Shanaynay impression. I cringed at the voice and she smacked her teeth leaving Kayla and Xora to continue the line of questions. 

"Tell me you having his million-dollar baby. We finna be some rich bitches for real." Ixora said while twerking in the back seat, she has a strange obsession with rich Italian men, but she'd settle for a rich black man. 

"For the final time, I am not, have not, and will not be fucking Jévon if one of y'all wanna fuck him and make me the rich auntie be my guest." It was infuriating that with all the things he was doing they automatically assumed I had to fuck him to get it.

I know my friends and sister meant no harm, but they also knew how temperamental I was when it came to shit like that. Before they could say anything to piss me off further, we approached the cabin, but it looked more like a fucking manor. I wasn't sure who built this or what the inside looked like but it was completely intoxicating.

I've gathered on more than one occasion that Von was rich, but this nigga was rich rich. As Booker parked in the front I saw Jévon and some of his friends file out of the house causing Destiny to immediately start fixing herself in the back seat.

"Whore," the three of us girls said in unison. 

"My future baby daddy is in there, he might not know it yet but he's my baby daddy and future husband." I already knew she was talking about Jori and I also knew that was just a recipe for disaster. 

Booker turned the truck off and exited, letting the girls in the back out first. I watched making sure they got out okay not realizing my own door had been opened for me. Looking to my right I saw Von standing there looking as fine as fucking ever. 

"Looks like somebody decided to be a good girl and actually show up." 

Yeah, this was about to be a long fucking weekend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

975K 52.5K 58
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐨𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
1.1M 101K 41
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 π‘πšπ­π‘π¨π«πž π†πžπ§'𝐬 π‹π¨π―πž π’πšπ πš π’πžπ«π’πžπ¬ ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
1.9M 106K 89
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
2.3M 134K 45
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...