A Tale Of Love (On Hold)

By ironlegoinaire

He came stumbling down to my chambers drunk. Totally, utterly drunk. "What are you doing here ?" I shout out... More

PLEADING
CHARACTER INFO
SURYAGADH
LETTER
INTRUDER
ABHI-RAJ
CHITRA
SENT AWAY
THE GOLDEN WOLF
THE STARLESS NIGHT
PLOTTING
RETEKA
CHAOS OF MINDS
SESHACHALAM FOREST RANGES
BAD NEWS
MOLE OR MOLES
THE PROPOSALS
THE ATTACK I
THE ATTACK II
THE ATTACK III
EMERGENCY MEASURES
A FAILED PROPOSAL
THE NIGHT MARKET
SECRET EXCURSION
OLD MEMORIES

THE NIGHT OF BATTLE

507 18 0
By ironlegoinaire

RAJKUMARI CHITRA DEVKI RAJPUT

"Rajkumari ! Rajkumari." Shouts of Vijaya my best friend broke my sleep. "Devgiri had attacked us suddenly. And Senapati is dead. The army had already departed for battlefield." She said trying to catch her breath. I was shocked. The battle is not for another week then why this surprise attack. "Rajkumari Mitra is calling you." Mitra's best friend arrogantly ordered me. Hai Maa Durga for well being of kingdom. Let Devgiri win the war. I prayed as we reached Mitra's chambers. She didn't thought anything and connected the whip in her hand with my back with such force that I fallen on ground. "Ahh...." I shouted as another whip connected with my back.

The whip being new doesn't make the punishment less. Whenever Mitra or Maya are stressed they call one of us sisters and beat us to pulp. But they take care the we should not have scars. No one in palace are kind to us let alone respect us. If whipping is less she kicked in my stomach. My throat had long gone sore as I whimpered. I lost count after 70 strikes. I just hope I died and this all end along with this cruel kingdom of Dalpatdargh.

This kingdom must die if we want our future to be bright. Hai Maa Durga if I had ever done anything nice then please let this kingdom abolish today and let the new sun raise by tomorrow morning. A new era of knowledge and prosperity. I prayed as the whip continued to make contact with my back non stop. I prayed that I pass out soon due to the terrible pain. It felt like my back is splitting into pieces. I felt as if the flesh on my back is torn out and my bones and muscles are on full display. The pain is unbearable. How I am still conscious is beyond me. A tried to sign in relief when the dark spots began to cover my eye sight.

As I am moments away from losing consious Mitra splashed cold water on my face. Taking away the sweet darkness from my badly battered and broken soul. "You think I will let you go this easily." She smirked as she lifted me by roots of my hairs. I thought they are gonna come out of their follicles. I whimpered weakly as she drowned my head on the large flower pot kept near her bed. I tried to struggle against her for breath. My lungs burning with the need for air. As I felt I am gonna pass out she thrown me on ground. Such that my ankle twisted. She began to whip me again.

"Rajkumari Mitra. The armies are back from battlefield." A maid told her as she rushed out of there to meet them. Leaving me behind on god's will. My heart broke into thousands of pieces. Look like we can never exit from this hell hole. After sometime I heard screams of people. Maybe the prisoners of war. My mind thought. After sometime I felt sunrays on my face. Maybe someone opened the door. I felt as someone lifted my head in lap. "Sumraj call a physician." I heard a soothing male voice shouting. I saw a shadow lean over me. "Don't you dare to close your eyes. Look in my eyes."

I looked into his coffee brown eyes as he lifted my head in his lap. "Please stay with me." He said lightly carcassing my face. "Please." He pleaded. In my entire life on one had ever looked at me with this much emotions. His warm coffee brown eyes filled with regret and love and maybe respect. This are some of the emotions I thought I will never see in anyone. I tried to tell him to leave. That my father will kill him and his entire family if he tried to help. But my eyes are unmoved from his face and his coffee brown eyes kept me captive till drakness came for my rescue.

MAHARAJ AYUDHIK VIJAY KUMAR DEVRAJ

"How is the after war law and order ?" I asked my temporary right hand and a cunning fox Sumraj Bhanusara. I am damned sure he is just another spy Maharaj Arun sent for me. "Triveni Regiment had already taken charge." He said as we entered the capital gates with saffron flags decorated with my crest. The raising sun in background with a wolf on foreground. Our soilders bowing to us respectfully. "It is a good idea to send army and Karan here before coming ourself. It saved alot of headache." Sumraj said as I simply nodded. I smiled when I saw Virendra and his son's half or nearly full dead bodies handing on capital's main square. "Throw all the people loyal to Virendra in jail." I ordered. As watched the fort which is in lockdown. All people are ordered to be locked in their houses and places.

Vegabounds and homeless people are sent to safety centers. Our goal is to establish our rule without anymore bloodshed. Also the diacots in the Gir forest region might find a way to create riot or thivery. Maintaining a kingdom is much more difficult than winning it. We watched in awe at the palace of Dalpatdargh or now Suryagadh. The palace is sure a work of art. "They died at the hands of Bhadrangini." We turned to watch the source of voice. To find our Triveni Regiment general. Gayatri ji speaking to us.

"They killed each and everyone loyal to Virendra as soon as their army's deployed. All left are ladies and girls and people who hated Virendra with passion but are quite due to their families." I nodded as she forwarded me a letter. It didn't took much time to figure out who wrote it. Red letter write with crimson of blood with symbol of mashal. Only BHADRANGINI.

Maharaj Ayudhik,
Namaskar from Bhadrangini. Rule well. Because we have eyes everywhere. That glint in your eyes remind us of someone we are very close with.
From Puli.

I closed the letter and gave it for safe keeping. "Are you the new king ?" My attention was drawn to a soft voice near my feets. I saw a small five year old face looking at me. She had a button nose and chubby cheeks. She hardly come near my saddle. I looked at her eyes to find tears streaming down them. I swiftly dismounted from my horse and lifted her in my arms. "What happened doll ?" I asked her rubbing aside her tears. "Are you new king ?" She asked again. "I am doll." I replied. "My sister said that Devgiri is best kingdom in world. She also said that if they won no one will ever beat me. She said mean girls will never take away my toys. Is that true ?" She asked cutely. I grinned at her antics. "No one will bully you doll. Now that I am here. What is name of your sister ?" I asked.

Before she can reply a young girl of late teens came running towards us. "Sorry Your Highness. Sorry General. I don't know when she ran out from the safe zone." She said trying to normalise her breath. Look like she runned quite a distance to reach here. "Chitra Devki Rajput." She replied. "Where can I meet her ?" I asked bowing down to her level. "I don't know." She replied her face scrunched up. I looked towards Gayatri ji. "Dravi call Rajkumari Chitra." She ordered the girl who frowned in confusion. "General. Rajkumari is not with us. We thought she is with you." She said their eyes widening alarmingly in suspension. "Search for her." She said as I rushed off with her to a new direction.

"Maharaj you search that way I will search this way. Sumraj go with Maharaj" We went up that way listening for even a slightest whimper or breathing sound. "Sumraj you search that chambers I will search this one." I ordered. He left me almost reculantly. My eyes spotted a red bloodied bundle as soon as I entered the chamber. The my eyes widen in realisation. "Sumraj get a physician." I shouted as I went near the girl. I leaned over her. I can see some bones of her back. It is totally beaten up with whip. Even we won't harm anyone this much if they don't deserve it.

I know we might lose her if she lost her conscious. "Don't you dare to close your eyes. Look in my eyes." I shouted at her. I don't know even if she is able to hear me. The floor and rug around her was covered in her flood. I can see her ankle twisted at wrong angle. The light from door making her milky skin with high cheeckbones look almost angelic. Her eyes are the main attraction. They are of unique golden colour. "Please." I pleaded for first time in my life. I don't want a such a gentle soul to die.

I can feel her losing battle with darkness as the physician came. I lifted her to the nearest bed and settled her their. "Your highness please let me alone with the paitent." The physician requested. As I came out I saw a very worried looking Gayatri ji and Puniti ji. "How is she Your Highness ?" She asked wriggling her hands. "We don't know." I said as I put back my cold demeanor. "Can you tell who did that ?" I asked. "Virendra's favorite concubine. Maya's daughter Mitra. It is her chambers." She replied gritting her teeths. "You know what to do." I said as I speeded out of there towards Sumraj.

"Get a change of cloths Maharaj. We have a meeting to attend." He said pointing towards my bloody cloths. I pinched bridge of my nose. Not wanting to leave Chitra in this condition but I don't know why. "Keep me updated on her condition." I said as I went to my new temporary chambers and dressed for emergency meeting between the survivors of Dalpatdargh Samrajya and the loyal members of Devgiri Samrajya. I had also summoned my old friends to give them important posts and responsibilities of army. They happily agreed.

At the time when my father indirectly exiled me from Devgiri I gathered quite a group of supporters in those 10 years. They are coming handy at present. "Maharaj Ayudhik Vijay Devraj are coming." The darban announced my arrival. The court is of golden colour with red curtains and thrones. A magnificent red throne sat at the very last made up of costly rubies, jewels and diamonds. I made a mental note to change it. I don't want to operate from the throne Virendra operated. "Let the meeting start." I ordered as the ministers and other officials took their places.

GAYATRI JI

My blood was boiling when I went to safety room where all ladies and their maids are kept. I personally saw that none of them try to escape. I opened the door with a bang. She looked at me with shock. Unable to understand how the maid she elected for her daughter is wearing armour with Suryagadh's seal. Then the realisation dawned in her eyes. "You traitor." She said coming towards me with her hands out to strangle me. But her measly strength is no match for my strength which is stronged by years of battles and farm work.

"Dhruv. I had enough of them. Pack the things of all the concubines and widows of Virendra and his sons that I had red listed. Give them some coins and send them to any safe location out of Suryagadh. The more far the more comfortable. Puniti let the others settle in Lok Bhavan. Except Mitra. That girl is as rotten as her mother. It doesn't matter she is sixteen. Send her to Devgiri. And ask Rajkumaris to get settle in Nalini Palace along with us." I ordered as I twisted her wrist. She tried to scream and wriggle out of my wrist. "Now you came to know how much it pains. How dare you and your rotten daughter to whip Rajkumari Chitra and twist her ankle. You sold the real heiress of the kingdom to highest bidders. You will reap what you sow." I said breaking her wrist like a twing.

She fallen on ground nursing her broken wrist. "All ladies here. There is nothing to fear of us. As you know how Devgiri treat female. I am also prisoner of war like you but now I am the general of secret forces of Devgiri. Although this old bones are making me retirement." The ladies laughed at my comment. "You all know me from last 6 years as Gayatri. Head maid of Mitra. But I was here on order of Maharaja Arun. Ours was a small kingdom Harnath. The king is worest that Virendra. They fought war and we lost. I was at that time only 15 and maid of the queen. Rajmata Devika took pity on me and enrolled me in army. After 40 years today I am a general."

I smiled remembering those golden days. "If any of you want to leave you are free to leave after 2 weeks with all your belongings. We won't take them away. But if you want to live here you are free to contact me. Except for some bitches who need to be disciplined." I said the last sentence glaring at Maya. I know no one will object me. She had more enimety in harem than friendship. "Throw her and her subordinates in dungeons." I ordered to Dravi. They shouted as they were dragged to dungeons.

"Can you teach me how to fight ?" I smiled at the voice to Rajkumari Revati. "Morning sharp at dawn." I replied to her as I strolled out of Lok Bhavan. Arranging all ladies and their accommodations took entire day and the lamps are lit. I looked at the horizon. A faint sign of light is still visible. Tomorrow will be the new dawn on the Kingdom of Suryagadh. A kingdom raised from the ashes of the rotten kingdom of Dalpatdargh. Which got lost in pages of history.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439 24 50
--Updated weekly-- "Why are you following me?" His presence irks me. "I am free to roam anywhere within Barracks, am I not?" "Aldaire will be disple...
740 40 43
My fingers slid down his frangible ribs, subconsciously counting each one. I stared upon his scrawny figure. My hatred had quickly turned into guilt...
14.5K 2.2K 33
He was a prince who had lost his heart. She was a princess who had a heart of gold. The cruel fate forced them together. But what started as a nigh...
2.7K 119 22
In the realm of shadows, their souls collide, He, a tempest of hatred, she, love's gentle tide. A monstrous heart, consumed by darkness' might, Yet s...