THE SILENT TWIN (short story)

By xshellyboox

Enzo and Eva had always been together since they were in the womb. Because of that they were more dependant o... More

Chapter 1 - Enzo
Chapter 2 - Time
Chapter 3 - Innocent...
Chapter 4 - Family problems
Chapter 5 - Not a target...
Chapter 7 - Emotions

Chapter 6 - Resurface...

1.4K 90 48
By xshellyboox

ENZO

No call.

Enzo's jaw clenched as his gaze stared at the digital clock.

It was way passed the time Amare was supposed to get off.

About 30 minutes ago Amare was supposed to arrive home and call him but Enzo had gotten nothing.

One breath in one breath out. Amare is fine, maybe he's too tired to call?

Bullshit.

He would've called him even if he was tired.

That's just the person Amare is.

Leaning more back into his chair, Enzo manspreading his thighs before looking down at his phone.

Fuck it.

Enzo leaned forward picking up his MacBook before typing away.

And it was within minutes Enzo had tracked down the location of Amare through his phone.

And from the looks of the location, Enzo wasn't happy.

Amare's mother's house.

That was it. Enzo had blacked out.

_______

"Go in!" Zain yelled. Amare took a deep breath in before opening the front door of his childhood home.

"Ma!" his brother yelled. The harsh scent of cigarettes slammed into Amare which immediately made his stomach sick.

He hadn't missed that scent and reminded him of the scars he had.

"Hey Baby," His mother cooed before her gaze turned to him as she took a long swing of her cigarette. She stared her son down before scowling her face in disgust.

"You look like shit," she spat staring over the bruises Zain had caused. " Where's Zeke?" Zain questions.

"He's not here, he's never here anymore like that," she pouted. " Anyways Amare," she began before turning her gaze to him.

"An old client of yours called me and said he missed you and he's saying he'll pay a couple thousand just for a night with you," she started.

His heartbeat went static against his chest irregularly.

I can't do this again, he thought.

"You remember him your regular, Walker,"  she started making unbearable memories flash through Amare's mind.

No.

Suddenly, the front door of the house busted open wide as a large body stepped through.

Enzo.

"What fuck?" his mother curse while Zain gulped before taking a step back.

Enzo's eyes scanned the room before his eyes found their way over to me.

His body relaxed a bit but immediately shook in anger once he saw the bruise on Amare's face.

His jaw clenched and so did his fist as he began making his way over to where Amare and his family were.

"Hand him over!"  he signed aggressively.

Amare's mother of course understood since her mother was deaf so of course, she scowled in anger.

"Who the fuck is this cracker?" she yelled while Zain shook his head.

"He's the cracker Amare's been staying with,"  Zain answered.

"Oh, so he's whoring himself to this-"

"Shut up!" a voice yelled shaking every core in Amare's body.

He's never heard a voice so deep and raspy. His eyes widen as he drew his gaze to Enzo.

"Come here Amare,"  Enzo growled. So mesmerized by Enzo's voice Amare hadn't realized that his body had made a move by himself as he was already making his way over to him.

Just when Amare was close enough Enzo grabbed the man into his body wrapping his large arms around him.

"You can't just walk up in here! Taking-" Zain began but was immediately cut short by a gunshot.

Amare's eyes widen as he turned toward his brother who stood still in shock.

His eyes slowly looked down towards his leg where a bullet had just torn through.

"Zain!" his mother yelled.

"Fucking pests," Enzo rasped his eyes mercilessly glaring them down.

He turned his gaze back to Amare kissing his forward before whispering something in his ear.

"Let's go," Enzo muttered softly under his breath as he pulled Amare out of his mother's house.

"Enzo what if they call the cops?!" Amare shouted.

"Let them," he says making something in Amare's body tighten.

Enzo's voice was something. It made the hairs on Amare's body stand up. It's going to take him a while for him to get used to it.

His cadence. Damn, he could understand why Enzo wouldn't talk. With a voice like that he could have anyone on their knees.

"My family is a dangerous one, Amare," Enzo bellowed his voice still low and husky. He wasn't used to talking so his voice sounded deeper than when he last heard it.

Dangerous? What did Enzo mean? The boys thought as Enzo motioned him to get in his black truck.

"What do you mean?" Amare questioned hopping into the vehicle with Enzo quickly after.

"Nothing you don't need to concern yourself with since I'm not in that business anymore," he rasped making Amare roll his eyes.

"I think it's my concern when you shot my brother in the leg, Enzo!" He shouted not knowing why he was getting angry.

"I'm not about to do this," The man signed making Amare's heart pang a bit not being able to hear his beautiful voice.

"No, no, Enzo tells me," he pleaded.

"My brother is married to Stefano Scorpio," he stated setting the vehicle into drive.

"What?" Amare responded dumbfounded about who Stefano Scorpio is. The name had seemed familiar to him though.

"He'd married to a head Don of the Scorpio Mafia, "

Mafia?!

"What?!" Enzo exhaled as he kept his eyes on the road afraid to see the look or expression on Amare's face.

"Enzo, who are you really?" Amare questioned.

"I-I" Enzo stopped himself as the emotions he buried deep inside him began to surface.

Fear, doubt, and realization.

He never wanted to be like this. He didn't like the be born into a life like this.

He should have known that a man like him couldn't have a normal life.

"Enzo?" Amare called but silence still stayed.

"I should take you home," he only stated making Amare look at him in confusion.

________

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...