Cinderella Swan

By Cherrybomb9824

Cinderella Anne Swan is the younger sister of Isabella Marie Swan. Cinder is different from Bella as she ten... More

Isabella Marie Swan
Prologue
Chapter 002

Chapter 001

2.4K 65 3
By Cherrybomb9824

Sindel's POV
We landed in Washington DC and got off the plane last as I didn't want to be squished by strangers, and John and Zatanna refused to leave me alone. We headed for baggage claim and grabbed our suitcases then went to the exit.

As we walked out we were met with a tall bald black man and a petite white girl with shoulder blade length red hair "Constantine! Zatanna!" The man called out grabbing our attention. John warily smirked and said "Sorry mate do we know you?" He placed a protective arm in front of me and the other guy raised his hands and said "John, it's me, Manhunter" in a low voice in case anyone heard him.

'Wait....Manhunter? As in Martian Manhunter?'

John relaxed and said "Oh yeah forgot you could shape shift. Who's the kid?" "I could ask you the same" Martian said gesturing towards me "but this is my niece Megan, and in public would you mind calling me John Jones" John blinked and said "Well, Jones, this is my daughter/kid Sindel" Jones blinked and nodded "Nice to meet to Mx-Ms. Sindel" I nodded and signed 'Pleasure to meet you as well' while staring at the ground.

The adults seemed to have a silent conversation before Jones said "Let's get you to the apartment, yes? Megan and I decorated it for your arrival and we hope it's to your liking.

(A/n: I don't know why but I'm picturing him with a French accent lol)

Jones and Megan took our bags and Megan tried speaking to me "I like your outfit" I looked down before signing 'Thank you'.

"That's sign language, right? Sorry I'm mostly using your thoughts as a conversation" I continued looking at the ground and instead started thinking to her.

'Yes, it's sign language. I don't mind you hearing my thoughts, but please don't pry' "I won't but your mind is very different from what I'm used to. Is it because you're mute?" She wondered out loud 'No, I'm not mute, I'm autistic, I was diagnosed at a young age and find it easier to communicate via sign language' I wasn't sure what her emotions were so I peered up at her face.

Her lips were parted in a slight 'o' shape and her eyes were wide.....that means that she's surprised "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize-" I waved her off 'It's fine. Can we just go to the apartment?' She nodded and we headed out.

~~~timeskip~~~
We arrived at an apartment duplex, and grabbed our bags before heading inside.

We walked up the stairs to our floor and Jones pulled out a key in front of door 508B and unlocked it before passing the key to John. We entered and I liked the decor of it so far....

Megan then caught my attention by waving a hand in my peripheral vision "Want to see your room?" I nodded and she led me to it.

It was fairly bare save for the bed area and the black wood vanity dresser that took up most of the far wall. Across from my room was another room and in between both rooms was a bathroom.

I didn't mind sharing a bathroom with Zatanna and John. I always took twenty minutes each morning anyway. 15 to shower and shave and 5 to brush my teeth. Then I was done with the bathroom until I had to use the loo or bedtime in which I took only 10 minutes.

Megan set my large suitcase down and said "I'll let you get settled in. We'll see each other tomorrow along with the team" I nodded and thought 'Thank you, Megan' She then walked away and I began unpacking and organizing my dresser and closet.

I then changed and I washed my face and brushed my teeth as I got ready for bed.

I tucked myself in and stared at the ceiling as I laid on my back. I listen and heard Zatanna and John get ready for bed as well before everything went quiet. I peered over at the door and saw that the lights were turned off. I laid my head back down and continued my staring.

I got up and quickly remade the bed before briskly walking to the kitchen.

(Pantry)

(Cabinets)

(Drawer)

I was in the middle of labeling and reorganizing spices for the spice drawer when Zatanna appeared.

"Sindel? Sweetie, what are you doing up?" She then caught sight of my work and proceeded to check the other cabinets "Honey, you do realize that this can wait until morning. Nothing bad will happen if you don't organize it right away" I shook my head and continued my work "N-no I need to do it. I-I need to" I mumbled out making her sigh and check the clock. It was only 9pm so she nodded and said "I'll be back to take you to bed at 10:30, alright" I nodded  in understanding.

Zatanna then left me to my devices. I finished the spices and moved on to the laundry room.

I then did the bathroom.

And the hallway closet.

I sighed in relief as I finished. Zatanna appeared and gently took my wrist making sure her grip was lose in case I wanted to pull away. She then guided me back to my room and undid the covers, allowing me to crawl in, and tucked me in. She sat on the edge of the bed close to my calves but didn't touch me again "Do you feel better now?" I nodded and started drifting off to sleep.

Zatanna stayed until I was asleep. She just sat there and hummed a lullaby. It was comforting, having her presence there. She didn't touch me in anyway, she was just there. Neither Charlie nor Renee had ever done this for me before, the closest I ever got to this sort of thing was when my dad worked late and I had to stay the night at the old home with my grandparents.

There was an unidentifiable feeling in my chest. I'll ask John about it tomorrow as jet lag and the exhaustion from reorganizing the new house left me bedridden for the next 8 hours.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

443K 30.2K 45
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
1M 40K 93
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
353K 12.6K 56
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
498K 7.6K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...