For 'Beta' Or For Worse

By Arichnida

Most werewolves who are unable to find their mates either run mad and become rouges or die... But that was no... More

Prologue...
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Part 2
Prt 2: Chapter 1
Prt2: chapter 2
Prt3: Chapter 3
Prt2: Chapter 4
Prt2: Chapter 5
Prt2: Chapter 6
Prt2: Chapter 7
Prt2: Chapter 8
Prt2: Chapter 10
Prt2: Chapter 11
Prt2: Chapter 12
Prt2: Chapter 13
Prt 2: Chapter 14
Part2: Chapter 15
Prt2: Chapter 16
Prt2: Chapter 17
Prt2: Chapter 18
Prt2: Chapter 19
Sequel...
Book 2 is OUTTTT!!!

Prt2: Chapter 9

2.5K 107 6
By Arichnida

Dominic's POV

"You're crazy"

Luther said crossing his hands

"Luther" I scolded, placing a hand on his lap to prevent this from escalating into another big argument...trust me, we've had a lot of those, mostly because Luther is just set on disagreeing with everything Cuthbert has to say.

"I am not baiting myself for hunters, you can do that if you want to, if you die in the process I'll just tell your dad you were tired of life anyway. count me out" He pouted

Cuthbert chuckled, shaking his head "Dominic It's okay if your companion is scared..."

"I'm not scared" Luther cuts him off "I am not scared of anything, I am not just suicidal. We don't know the grade of hunters that are out there, we can't just put ourselves out there so they chase us back here without carrying out some kind of research first, look some hunters anoint their weapons, some even use magic of sort.. Nah Bro count me out" Luther finished, He stood up then stormed out of the room.

I was mostly embarrassed among other things, my Dad could have asked anyone else to escort me, literally anyone! and he chose that jackass...who once again had a point.
Cuthbert suggested we all go for a run in the forest outside our territory to scan the area and if we run into hunters we bait them back to the joint pack territory were werewolves will be on guard, waiting ready to attack.

I pinch the bridge of my nose
"I am sorry about him" gesturing towards the exit

"It's okay, I doubt he'd have been of any help anyway" Cuthbert joked "so what do you think? If you're not okay with the plan we can always think of something new, I just think that this is the fastest solution seeing as the blood moon is only a couple nights away and I know for a fact that we'd like to spend it with our loved ones"

"yeah, I understand. It's a bit dangerous...scratch that it's very dangerous. But I am down, the sooner we get rid of the hunters the sooner we get to go home"

"You're right" He smiled "So it's settled, If you'd excuse me Alpha I will mobilize the werewolves" He bowed slightly before exiting the meeting room.

Is it wrong that I am hoping I don't make it back from the run?

Raven's POV

Something is off, something is really off.
The metal door was half opened and the guards weren't on post, which is the first time this has happened in all my multiple attempts to return, I began to think that maybe they were planted there or something.
As I approached the door the smell of blood hit my nostrils, I could identify claw marks on the door frame and signs of forced entry.

'Raven, this is a good time to get out of here before you get pulled into what ever happened here'
I thought to myself but it was like my body had a mind of its own, I proceeded to push open the door

"Hey you, Stop right there!"
A stern voice yelled from behind me.

Fuck...

I instinctively raise my hands above my head then turned around slowly.

"Hey guys" I forced a grin knowing fully well that my life was fucked, the last thing I need right now is to get on Drulocks bad side.
"I swear it's not what it looks like" I tried to explain to the two guards currently pointing torches at me then two bodies drop on the floor out of no where, sending splashes of blood in all directions.

Yeah, I'm totally screwed...

Dominic's POV

When we were sure we were close enough to the boundary, I took off my clothes and tossed them aside.
I turned to see Cuthbert unbuckling his jeans and taking them off completely. His back was littered with scars both small and large gruesome ones.

"are you ready?" He asked, turning around to face me and I nodded.

I could hear the sound of my bones dislocate and reposition themselves, you'd think that the transformation would be less painful seeing as I have done it like a thousand times this earth life...it wasn't.

Plenty bone cracks and excruciating painfilled seconds later we were both on all fours.
I liked how the wind found its way between my fur, I've missed this.
Cuthbert's wolf was bigger than that of an average Beta, he was almost the same size as mine

Almost...

His fur was brown and scanty with a scarred furless line running along his back. Unlike his well structured good looking face as a human, he was a really repulsive wolf.
Seconds passed as we rubbed against each other familiarizing our wolves, this was necessary since we weren't pack members.

I haul to send a signal to the other werewolves positioned around the boundary and Cuthbert's mimics me. He nodded towards the forest and I took the lead progressing from slow pacing to a full run, Cuthberts wolf matched my speed and I hated it, I increased pace until I was ahead of him and he catches up again almost immediately. I could see the smirk grow from the side of his mouth. And before we knew it this broke into a full on race.

Raven's POV

"Keep him here, I'll get Drulock"

Before I could protest or plead rather, I felt cold metal wrap around my wrist, I hissed from the burn pain.
Of course, it just has to be silver...

Apparently one of the wolves could conjure silver.
Great, just what I needed.
How am I going to defend myself?
"look you have to believe me, I did not murder them, I got here a few minutes before you did" I pleaded but the silver cuffs only became tightened around my wrist.
'I could turn them both to white ash and flush them down the toilet...'
I shook my head, the last thing I need right now we're thoughts like those

Both our heads turned as the first guard comes crashing down. There was a whole in his chest like someone ripped out his heart.

We began to panic.
"Who is there!?" He growled conjuring silver bullets that hung in the air around us.

"look man, you need to let me go" I pleaded

"easy there quick silver"
We heard a voice say followed by maniacal giggles
"can I call you quick silver? I'm calling you quick silver" a hooded figure appeared behind the guard then all of a sudden it was gone.
Soon blood gushed out of the guards mouth then the same figure reappeared behind him with a knife held to his neck.

With the guard down his silver cuffs loosened and crashed to the floor. I backed up slowly as the figure approached me.

"Who-who are you?" I was ready to glow this entire pack down to white fucking ash if this...things came any closer

"it's okay, relax" I heard his voice clearly. He proceeded to taking of his hood so I could get a clear view of his face.

That face...

I gasp in shock when I realize that the person standing in front of me is Cuthbert's supposedly... Dead mate.

It was like a surprise frenzy when he started to glow like I usually do but his light had a hint of Purple.
"I'm just like you" He said in a calm reassuring voice.

I was speechless, all I could do was stare with an open mouth.

"Come we don't have much time, more might be on their way" He stopped glowing then pushed open the metal door and I follow behind him reluctantly.

He could be leading me into a trap right now and I am basing my trust off the fact that he glows?
that's just dumb.

I was about to speak then he places a finger over his lips signifying that I should be quiet. We tip toed down the stairs until we were certain that the room was empty.

Well not completely empty, the same werewolf from before was there, still hung upside down but this time he was motionless. He was battered and bruised, if he was alive it'd be a miracle.

"I'm Neon by the way" Cuthberts mate stretched out his hands and places it on the glass.

Neon huh? Cuthbert told me his name was Elijah

"I am Raven" I said

"I know" He stated, staring at me from the side of his eyes.
"We need to get him out of here" He said, looking round the room "It is tinted with magic , any forceful attempt to break it would alarm the entire pack house" He paused thoughtfully

I cleared my throat and He moved out of the way then I placed my hands on the glass and began to glow, soon the glass faded into dust.

"just as Amazing..." He voiced "Come on help me get him" We hurried to untie the werewolf.

"Did you kill the two guards the dropped from the sky?, I don't even know if I should be helping you out, I don't even know why I'm helping you out? Did you really glow earlier? Aren't you Cuthbert's mate? Fuck that, aren't you supposed to be Dead?" I blurted out one after the other, mentally facepalming myself each time but shame didn't stop me.

He snorted "Cuthbert would like that wouldn't he" He said beneath his breath before turning to face me "look, they'll be time for explanations we need to go before they get here"
Neon threw the werewolf over his shoulder

"Wait, we?" I asked running after him as he made his way back up the stairs

"Yes We, we killed four guards out there, what do you think they'll do to us" He stated

"again, WE?? That was all you Leon" I pointed throwing my arms in the air.
Yup, I was panicking again.

"it's Neon"

"Awwun nice, it'd look nice on a tomb stone, wait that is if Drulock doesn't burn us till we fucking disappear!" I might have yelled that last part a little

"Hey keep it down" Neon covered my mouth with his palm
"weren't you a bit curious as to why there is a werewolf hung upside down in a glass tube all this time, what do you think will happen when Drulock finds out that his energy smoothie maker is all of a sudden no where to be found?" He ranted out and I just stare at him in utter confusion

Fuck it, I am already too deep in this shit to turn back now

"How are we going to get out, there are guards out there on patrol" I bite on my lip. I'm supposed to be out there with them.

"Same way I got in"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 73.1K 49
Book 1 On a werewolfs sixteenth birthday, they finally are granted the senses to seek out their mate. Alyssa and Amy have been friends all their life...
4.4M 59.9K 28
Meet the best Alpha ever, Lance Stryder. Are you tired of werewolf stories where the Alpha yells out "MINE" and practically kidnaps the main charact...
9.7M 331K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...
185K 5K 40
Highest rank | #459 in werewolf 24/9/17 | The alpha is known for being possessive towards his mate and this is my experience with being an alpha's m...