Stuck In Paradise

By AnushkaPlayz

Hero, Kel, Aubrey, and Basil know that the dream world they are in is not their own. Who is Omori? Why does h... More

main story
Beginning of the dreams
We need to find Basil!
Otherworld Pt1
Otherworld Pt2
Otherworld Pt3
VS Space Ex-Boyfriend
Snap back to Reality
Fights with the Hooligans.
Knife
Bathroom break
Pyrefly Forest Pt1
Pyrefly Forest Pt2 Lost Forest
Pyrefly Forest Pt3
Sprout Mole Village
Sprout Mole Village pt 2
The dungeon
The dungeon pt2
Sweetheart's Castle pt1
Sweetheart's Castle pt2
Sweetheart's Castle pt3
Sweetheart's Castle pt4
Sweetheart's Castle pt5
Sweetheart's Castle pt6
Sweetheart's Castle pt7
Sweetheart's Castle pt8
Sweetheart's Castle pt10
Lost Library
Visit and Call
Let's head to the lake.
Can't breathe
Trying and failing to interrogate a depressed teenager.
Still trying to question a depressed teen. Still failing.
everyone realizes they're a depressed teen.
Vast Forest and Pinwheel Forest
On our way to the deep
A mini rest
Last Resort pt1
Last Resort pt2
Last Resort pt3
Last Resort pt4
Last Resort pt5
Exiting the Last Resort. Going to the highway.
Underwater Highway
We are almost there.
Coral Branch
Beginning of Humphrey!
Humphrey pt1
Humphrey pt2
Humphrey pt3
Humphrey pt4
Humphrey pt5
Humphrey pt6
Humphrey pt7
Humphrey pt8
Humphrey pt9
Humphrey pt10
Humphrey pt11
Humphrey pt12
Let's go save Basil.
The beginning of Black Space
Calm
The tides are getting rough
The tides are getting worse. I don't know how long the boat will last.
The boat is being destoryed.
Sinking
The boat is filled with water
We've sunk. I couldn't save you. I'm sorry...my best friend.
Bad and good things happen at midnight.
A mini talk and check up
A prevention
Aubrey's thoughts
A mini break
A slight breeze causes a leaf to fall from a tree
A bad idea is born
Do you think this is the right choice?
Vs Something
Beginning of the truth.
Finding lost memories but at what cost?
Oh.
A Hero's Perspective
Now we know
Lost and Found
Party at the Hideout!
Face Yourself
Vs Masked Hero and other shit
Vs Masked Basil and some other shit
Vs Masked Aubrey and Kel featuring Memory Lane
Ridding of the Masks as a melody plays.
Vs Omori
The final duet and their moments after
Missing Oasis
Train ride
Train Fright
Food Pyramid pt1
Flashback
Funny Hero Flashback
alternate endings
A Bad End pt1
A Bad End pt 2
What if Basil went through with it?
side storys
Didn't expect to see you here
Kel and Aubrey chat
"Who the hell does gardening work at two in the morning?"
a random story from a separate universe
It is sunny out but still raining. Maybe a rainbow will appear?
shoutouts

Sweetheart's Castle pt9

546 20 16
By AnushkaPlayz

The next stop was the lower hedge, or it was until Omori found a trapdoor and opened it. Climbing down they were greeted by a button that lowered some spikes nearby. Walking past the spikes they realized they were in the dungeon area again with Mari who was sitting peacefully on her picnic blanket.

“Hey, guys!” Mari waved hello to the group before looking at Hero, “What’s cookin 'good lookin '!”

Hero blushed and covered his face with his hands despite his face being covered by the sprout mole mask.

Aubrey felt bad for the guy. She knows that was one of Mari’s go-to phrases whenever she wanted to fluster Hero. She silently prays for his sanity.

“So, how have things been?” Mari asked the group.

“They didn’t notice I turned to toast while in battle…” Aubrey pretended to act upset just to tease everyone.

“Hey! In our defense, we were distracted!” Kel shouted.

“Toast eh? I have heard weird stories about being toast. Someone said they heard someone crying before they revived! Talk about spooky…” Mari informed the group, “I hope the person they heard crying is okay…”

“I deserve it.”

Aubrey shuttered, “That does sound scary…”

“Huh, when I was toast I didn’t hear anything.” Kel shrugged.

“When I was toast...I don’t think I heard anything as well, sorry to say.” Hero sighed, “What about you Aubrey?”

“I didn’t hear anything as well…” She lied. She doesn’t know why she is lying but she gets this bad feeling if she doesn’t...she rubbed her arm nervously, trying not to think about anything.

“Eh, it is probably just a rumor. I wouldn’t worry about it!” Mari smiled warmly. Aubrey lightly bit her lip as she remembered Basil’s voice in her head.

“I deserve it.”

Aubrey feels like she doesn’t want to know what he claims to deserve. Another part of her is a bit concerned.

Geez, it is probably nothing but some weird dream shit. Big whoop.

Omori walked over to Mari and sat down by her, obviously as a breather. Aubrey doesn’t blame him for this has been one hell of a long night.

Kel also sat down near Omori, also clearly tired from everything going on. Once again, not a blame to be seen.

The silence was nice for a bit with Mari humming little tunes to brighten up the mood before Omori decided to get up once again, making the motion for everyone to follow him back out of the trapdoor.

They went into the bottom right part of the hedge maze, finding yet another platform for Kel to chuck his ball at statues to break. At this point, Aubrey is pretty sure Kel enjoys doing that. She doesn’t blame him, causing property damage rules.

They found another knight standing in the hedges and Hero walked forward yet again.

“There are four passwords that must be spoken to the Sweetheart statue to unveil the secret tunnel! As one of the elites I was chosen to be given the first password.” The guard stared at Hero before smiling at him, “A wonderful day in the garden, isn’t it brothers and sisters?”

“Greetings sir…” Hero waited for the knight to introduce themselves.

“Actually it is madam Carol, though I understand! The armor can make my voice sound pretty masculine!” The knight happily informed.

“Oh! My bad, madam Carol. I was wondering if we could know the password to the statue?” Hero asked politely.

“Ah! Do you wish to know the password? I apologize for I don’t think I can release that info.” The knight said solemnly, “However, I could have my mind changed if someone gave me a cube-shaped food that is very tasty~” She whispered.

Ah, a bribe? Well, it is a good thing she knows how to steal from people without anyone noticing.

“Tofu? Darn, guys do you remember getting-” “Don’t worry! I have tofu right here!” Aubrey handed the food to the mole to everyone's confusion.

“Hehe~ Pleasure doing business with you! The password I was entrusted with is ‘Sweet’” The mole informed.

“P-Pleasure doing business with you as well madam Carol!” Hero gave a slight smile before walking away with the group.

“Where did you get that tofu?” Kel whispered curiously.

“...Stole it. No regrets.” Aubrey answered with a grin. Kim and Vance needed to learn their skills from someone...even if they aren’t that good at it.

“So far we have sweet, something, filled, something. I think we are doing well so far!” Hero smiled.

The group made their way to the top left of the hedges and repeated the process of Kel getting on a platform and destroying statues. Lucky, Aubrey wanted to break things as well. Oh well, maybe she’ll be able to destroy things later.

They ran into yet another guard, “There are four passwords that must be spoken to the Sweetheart statue to unveil the secret tunnel! As one of the elites I was chosen to be given the second password!”

“Let me guess, you want to know the password!” The guard shouted. Everyone nodded, hoping the guard would just hand it over.

“Well, not so fast! You won’t get it from me that easily!” The guard grinned, “You all seem awfully tall for sprout moles! How do I know if you are really one of us? Why would I spill the password to a spy?”

Shit. Why does there always seem to be a smart one in a group of four?

She looked over at Hero. He was definitely the smart one in the group.

“Listen, I shall give you a chance! What am I thinking about right-” “Tofu.” The group chorused.

“...Mmmm tofu…. I apologize for doubting you! Guess there are all types of sprout moles out there!” The knight laughed, “My name is Brain and thine password I was granted with is ‘Jelly’! Do what you will with this info!”

So that would make the password sweet, jelly, filled...Aubrey had a feeling what the last one would be but decided not to tempt fate just in case.

The group made their way to the bottom left hedges and once again Kel got to destroy things. Good for him.

They did notice one thing though while walking through the hedges. A trapdoor, covered in grass. Hero brushed off the dirt and opened it, allowing him and the whole group to climb inside.

“Oh.” Were the only words that fell out of her mouth when she saw all the bears inside of the same cage, walking about as if it was absolutely no one's business. A button laid at the end of the hallway.

Aubrey had to resist the physical urge to push it and unleash the chaos.

Kel didn’t resist however and he pressed the button.

“KEL!”

That was what everyone minus Omori yelled as the bears came charging out of their cage.

Well shit.

~~~~~~

Aubrey was toast yet again.

Big surprise there, though to be honest they were doing sort of well. Until the second one that is. If she could, she would punch Kel right now.

She let out a huge internal groan to herself as she sat in the empty black void.

Oh shit, she could try out that idea she had. When she said Basil’s name last time she was here she was brought back to life!

Oooo what if she said his name again? Maybe it would-

“I am useless. So useless. Why can’t I do anything right?”

...What?

Once again, it seemed to be Basil’s voice.

It was like a whisper yet so close.

She tried to strain her ears so she could hear him better.

“...I am so pathetic…”

What the hell is happening? Is Basil alright?

“Basil! Are you-”

...She wasn’t toast anymore.

Seems like her theory is correct.

~~~~~~

“H-huh?” Basil looked around. There was that voice again, saying his name.

There is no one there.

Basil bit his lip. He knew he heard someone.

...Perhaps he should try to hold on, just a bit longer.

~~~~~~

The bears were dead and the whole group was panting for air. Even Omori seemed worn out.

“Kel...WHY?” Hero yelled at his brother.

“BIG SHINY BUTTON WAS TEMPTING!”

“Please don’t fight, being toast already gave me the worst headache I wished to experience…” Aubrey grumbled.

Her mind was still on Basil and what she heard while being toast. She can tell by looking at Hero he had something on his mind as well.

Perhaps he heard Basil as well?

The group climbed out the trapdoor and were all grumbling. Omori made everyone walk back to Mari as she gave them more food to heal with.

“Gee, you guys look like zombies! What happened out there?” She asked.

Everyone pointed at Kel.

“I release a lot of bears…” He muttered.

Mari sighed, “Well, at least none of you are dead.”

“A bonus to be sure…” Hero grumbled.

The group exited Mari’s area and went back into the hedges and found the last knight mole they needed.

“There are four passwords that must be spoken to the Sweetheart statue to unveil the secret tunnel! As one of the elites I was chosen to be given the fourth password!” The knight stated before letting out a sigh, “But, ugh! I am supposed to hold on to this super-secret password right? But, it is about food so I am thinking about food all the time!” They complained.

“It makes me so hungry I have started to chew on grass! Grass! They should really start providing food to us guards out here! What kind of password is ‘Donut’ anyway? Like, this blue dude was using it as a pet name for Sweetheart! It ain’t even that good of a secret password! They would come back here and keep using stupid love names back and forth and-” Aubrey began to tune out the ranting mole.

She was right though on her prediction. The password is ‘Sweet Jelly-Filled Donut.’. She has to agree with the ranting mole. It is kind of predictable.

“Whatever though, I am stuck here to guard with three other moles and they can barely keep a secret to save their lives! Sucks to be them!” The mole simply turned away from the group.

“...Mission accomplished?” Hero looked more confused than anything.

Well, at least they can finally leave this hell hole of a hedge garden.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.2K 763 21
10 years later, things have changed for everybody. And, when Sunny returns to Faraway, he'll see just how much. ~~~ THIS STORY CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR...
11.9K 198 7
(Cover belongs to OMOCAT/OMORI) CONTAINS SPOILERS! Taking place after the true ending of OMORI (Ignoring that Sunny moved), we dive into the groups t...
84.1K 2.2K 80
TRIGGER WARNING!! This story contains mentions of depression, suicide, severe anxiety, Claustrophobia, Thalassophobia, Trypophobia, drowning, chil...
8.5K 288 20
Spoilers for OMORI. AU where Mari was transported to a fantasy world after pizza. She comes back to Faraway four years later as an overpowered anime...