The Demon King's Beloved Daug...

By arandomsecret

Freya Antinea Laphinia woke up from an assassination attempt with memories of her previous life. She reincarn... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
~Christmas Special~
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60

37

7.2K 306 12
By arandomsecret

It was a pitch-black night, no stars, no moons. The black fox stared at his beloved with tender eyes. Caiden yawned and finally decided to go to sleep.

He was already fifteen at this time while Freya was ten. He watched her getting closer to Arche, finally learning how to act spoiled. He watched her chubby cheeks slowly fade away. It was a warming experience.

Oh, they also met Mason. Though he was her tutor at the moment.

Ever since he was able to turn into his humanoid form, Freya started giving him hellish training regimens. It was tiring but her warm smile washed every inch of fatigue away.

To protect her, he will even go to the depths of hell without hesitation...

Just as his consciousness drifted away, a sudden thump from beside him made him jump on all fours.

His pupils dilated, Freya who was sleeping peacefully a minute ago was sweating all over. Her whole body was shivering, even her pupils were shaking.

She was panting heavily, gasping for air desperately. Her voice was hoarse, "W-why?"

He turned into his humanoid form and brought her into his embrace. His fluffy tails wrapped around her as if a barricade while he coaxed gently, "Shhhh, it's alright."

Caiden rubbed her back in circular motions, hoping to soothe her.

After turning six, Freya frequently had illness flaring up out of the blue, nightmares that caused panic attacks, and such. That's the main reason why he slept together with her.

"Should I call your dad?" Caiden's brows furrowed with worry.

"No, ugh." Scarlet liquid poured out her pale lips, "Don't be scared. I won't- urgh."

...How can someone be so good? Even when she's hurt, she was still worried about him. His heart melted into a puddle.

"Don't talk, save your breath," He used magic to remove the bloodstains.

Freya obediently kept quiet and started regulating her breath with her eyes closed. That thing actually assigned a task to her when she was already so busy, she couldn't help but spit out a string of profanities in her heart.

Freya nuzzled closer into Caiden's embrace, so calming. She peeked at the red string connecting their pinkies that only she could see, an elusive smile made its way up her lips.

It took an hour for her body to calm down. Her eyes fluttered as she yawned.

"Goodnight," Her arms folded naturally like a small animal. Snuggling closer to the source of warmth, she closed her eyes.

A gentle kiss landed on her forehead, the person hugging pinched her earlobe between his thumb and index finger, kneading it tenderly, "Sweet dreams."

After that night, Caiden watched Freya establish Black Diamond step by step, watched as she expanded her businesses into various fields.

He felt distressed with how much she was doing. Day after day without rest. Green bags formed under her eyes, it was especially evident due to her pale skin.

A year had passed but Freya was still a workaholic.

"...why are you working so hard?" He buried his head into the crook of her neck.

A soft smile appeared on Freya's face. She skimmed through the document in her hand as she rubbed his head, "What's wrong with my little fox?"

"...I am older than you," Caiden's lips twitched. Freya chuckled and let out a hum. He continued, "I just feel...distressed. It's fine to take a break."

"I can't." Freya's firm rejection made him knit his brows together. Before he could voice out his displeasure, she continued, "A year. Give me one more year and I'll pick up a more leisure pace, okay?"

Hesitation was evident in his eyes, but in the end grudgingly agreed, "...okay."

.

.

.

"Sweetie, well aren't you getting busier and busier these days." Arche's eyes flicked up upon sensing her arrival, "I heard you went to town yesterday?"

Caiden's gaze lingered on Freya, she did keep her promise. Her schedule was definitely more relaxed but...it was still considered packed.

The fifteen-year-old nodded and sat down with the black fox in her arms, "I'm thinking of expanding the business in the red light district."

Truth to be told, Arche found Freya a little abnormal but he never questioned her decision. Her results were solid facts exhibited right in front of his eyes.

His eyes narrowed, "Expanding in that business? Might I remind you, you are still a child."

Her gaze lifted before stuffing another muffin into her mouth. She licked the crumbs on her thumb, "I know."

No, you don't.

"Underaged." Arche elegantly set down his cup and enunciated.

Freya cocked her brow, "I'll be sixteen in two days"

Before Arche could refute, she opened her mouth, "I'm thinking of letting Vivian manage the brothel soon. She can be a part-time hostess while she's at it."

Facing Arche's skeptical stare, she continued while stroking Caiden's soft fur, "She volunteered for the latter part. She finds sleeping around pleasureful, the cash is a bonus."

"..."

Arche rubbed his temples, eyes narrowing, letting out a long sigh, "Can you behave?"

Caiden nodded along with Arche on her lap which Freya responded by holding his head still.

"Am I not behaving properly?" She tilted her head like an innocent puppy.

"I have many businesses throughout the demon realm and I am also the demon king. Thus, I'm quite affluent." Arche sipped his coffee, "Even if you spend lavishly, my asset can last us for eternity. You should enjoy your teenage days."

Freya's eyelashes quivered subtly, her gaze directed itself onto the cup of tea in front of her. She wasn't doing this for money.

"...I need information. It's not for money, it's for information." She nibbled on her inner cheeks.

"I can give that to you."

Silence permeated the garden, only leaving the birds singing on the branches. Usually, she was quite fond of their chirps...but now she had the urge to rip their tongues out.

Freya raised her head, eyes distant but at the same time, gentleness and helplessness grazed through, "Daddy, there are lines that even you can't cross."

Arche hummed and inclined his head for another sip of coffee. Freya knew that her words made him upset. She placed Caiden on her chair and skipped over, taking the coffee from her father's hands.

She took a sip before her features scrunched together, "Wu! How can you drink such a thing? So bitter."

When she drinks coffee, it's usually added with a lot of cream and sugar.

"That's why you should drink your tea." Arche patted her head, "Alright, I'm not upset...just a little bit sad that you can't trust me.

Freya froze. The words that were about to roll out her tongue were swallowed back.

Her brows knitted together and said softly, "I didn't tell you not because I don't want to, but I can't. And ignorance is bliss, knowing what I know...isn't something good. I won't put any of you in danger."

"...I understand." Arche let out a sigh. Stood up and hugged his daughter, "If it gets too hard, share the burden with us."

Freya didn't answer him, only nuzzling deeper into his embrace which Arche took as acquiescence.

Caiden had some training to do so he parted ways with her after breakfast. He was a bit worried. Ever since a few days ago, trepidation had clouded his heart.

The way he held his katana revealed that fact. Every strike was rough losing its usual gracefulness and leisure. At the end of it, he was covered in sweat.

His black hair stuck to his forehead, making him uncomfortable so he casually combed it back.

His lean muscles under the tight-fitting training clothes moved along with his actions, highlighting his beautifully proportioned body.

He fell into a reverie, recalling Freya's action these past few days. It wasn't until he heard the sound of leaves shuffling that came from the trail that he snapped out of it.

His katana swiftly made its way to the intruder's neck, only stopping by a few millimeters away.

"Greed- Wow!" James jumped back in surprise. The brunette screeched, "Are you trying to kill me?!"

"Oh." Caiden sheathed his sword, glancing away uninterested.

James was speechless. He grumbled internally, this kid has no manners.

"Master wanted me to give out her instructions." He directly got into the topic.

Caiden finally showed some interest, "Freya?"

James nodded, "She wanted all of us to go into closed-door meditation."

"For what?"

"I don't know. She said it was a command."

Caiden endured the uneasiness in his heart and nodded. He licked his dry lips, it was better to ask her in person.

With that, he headed to her office but her person wasn't there. The room, the library, nary. His eyes flickered with panic.

He headed to the lavender garden, it was there that he saw her figure standing at an inconspicuous corner.

Caiden saw strands of rose pink hair fluttering along with the wind, his eyes became gentle, "Frey-"

His hands were stuck in mid-air, his steps came to a halt, eyes widening little by little.

The girl was casually leaning against the wall, a cigarette was held between her fingers. Smoke swirled and danced around her, making it a breathtaking sight.

But what caught Caiden's attention wasn't this. His eyes drooped, focusing on the water droplets landing on the grass.

Tears were running down her delicate face as she let out a sigh of smoke. Her ears twitched, most likely due to noticing his presence.

Her marble-like eyes slowly glanced over, widening subtly. Her eyelashes fluttered like butterfly wings,

"...Caiden?"

(A/N: Sorry for the delay QAQ I was loaded with homework. Anyways, underaged smoking is a no-no.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 4.2K 17
Now that I think about it the name Lydia reminds me of something. Maybe from a movie or a book I have read before. I think my full name is Angeline L...
1M 33.8K 91
(Highest Ranked: #24 in Fantasy/Magic) THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY (2nd Book is already up on my Profile; This one is Complete) I died and when I woke...
2.8K 52 16
Formerly, "I Took In A Weakened Goddess, And Now I've Been Reincarnated In A New World" --- At that moment, I couldn't get myself to pull the trigger...
42.6K 1.7K 28
Being reborn as Adrianna Deor, the villainess of this novel, could be seen as her greatest fortune, in her life full of misfortunes. After her reinca...