A Story to Die For (Ben X OC)

By QueenieRosegold

Cassandra a student at Auradon with an unknown background. Ben a stress out prince changing the world of Aura... More

Unknown Story
Got a Secret, Can You Keep it?
There's No Place Like Home
Love Potion and Revenge
An Unexpected Friendship
Friend or Foe?
Ghost with the Most
A Promise Worth Keeping

A Villain in Plain Sight

516 17 0
By QueenieRosegold

Cassandra's POV

Today was the day that the villain kids would be arriving. I quickly threw on a simple white dress for the day, searching for my heels as a knock was heard from my bedroom door. "Come in." I said as I finally found them, turning my head to see Prudence.

"Where were you last night?" Prudence sternly questioned. I knew she would ask about my absences from home yesterday. "Your mother was worried. Had all of us here looking for you." she said, placing the tray of food down on the bed.

"I was just out." I said, carrying my heels in one hand and grabbing my bag in the other. Prudence crossed her arms as she stood in the room.

"If this is about what I think this is about, then you better tell your mother." Prudence suggested as she avoided saying the exact words of my actions. I let out a sigh, knowing that she was right. Sooner or later, I would have to tell my mother.

"I will, just not right now cause I am running late." I said, making my way out of the room. Walking down the long hallway, I scanned the hanging portraits of everyone who had lived here. I stopped at my mother's picture, noticing how happy she was the day she married my dad. My thoughts were brought back to reality when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"You know I'll always remember that day." My mother spoke as she stood next to me. "It was the best day of my life." she said, letting out a small chuckle.

"I know. You always told me the story." I said, turning around to face my mom. She gave me a smile before crossing her arms at me. I knew at that moment her mood had changed for the worst.

"Now, where were you last night?" my mother questioned. I nervously gave her a smile in return, causing her to raise her eyebrow at me.

"I was looking for a way to get that wand." I said, watching my mother's face for a reaction. Instead, she kept that stern look as if she was questioning the truth of my statement.

"You better be going then." was all my mother said as I nodded my head. I walked out the front door and straight to the school. My mind was racing as I walked to school; great more things to worry about. As soon as I got to the front of the school, I noticed I was the only one from the "welcome committee" there. I rolled my eyes, taking a seat on the front steps, waiting for the others to show up.

"Oh! Cassandra dear, why are you out here?" Fairy Godmother said, sounding a bit shocked by my presence.

"Ben asked me if I could help him with the V.Ks' arrival today." I stated as I got up from the step. Fairy Godmother sent me a smile in return as many other students started to make their way to catch a glimpse of the new kids. The sound of heels soon filled my ears, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Hello Fairy Godmother....and Cassandra." Audrey said as she noticed me, soon losing the fake excitement in her voice. I sent the girl a smile as she rolled her eyes at me in return. The three of us stood in silence for a while. Fairy Godmother continued to tap her foot, a sign that she was nervous.

"Audrey, have you seen Ben?" Fairy Godmother questioned the girl. Audrey was going to speak, but I took the chance to interrupt.

"Actually, Fairy Godmother, Ben will be arriving in a few minutes. He needs to ask the marching band a favor." I said. I ignored the look Audrey sent my way as I lay a hand upon Fairy Godmother's shoulder as she smiled at me. A few minutes went by, and Ben showed up with the marching band behind him. I waved to the both of them as they looked my way.

"Sorry, Fairy Godmother, for being late. I decided it might be best for Doug and the band to play upon the Isle kids' arrival." Ben said in a rush as he took his place next to the headmistress. Audrey quickly wrapped her arm around his as she stood next to him. I, on the other hand, kept my distance from the three as I noticed the limo driving up the pathway. As soon as it stopped in front of us, the door swung open as two boys landed on the ground fighting over something. Behind them, two girls, one carrying an excited look and the other cautiously examined their surroundings. Doug and the band stopped playing as we watched the scene unfold in front of us.

"Oh! Ah! Ow! Stop! You got everything else! Why do you want whatever this is?" one of the boys shouted at the other. I let out a small laugh, getting the attention of the prince as he gave me a smile in return. I waved my hand to signal him to turn around and stay focused on the kids in front of us.

"Cause you want it!" the other boy shouted in return as they continued to fight. To my surprise, Fairy Godmother didn't bother to stop them just yet.

"No! Give it to me! Ow! Let go!" The boy with white hair shouted. Even though I found their first impression funny....it was soon getting boring now. I crossed my arms at their silly altercation over something small.

"Guys, guys, guys! We have an audience." The girl with purple hair stated as they all turned to look our way. I waved my hand to the group, earning confused looks from them.

"Just cleaning up." the taller boy said as he sent us an awkward smile. "Get up." He whispered towards his friend as they all stood facing us now.

"Leave it like you found it! And by that, I mean just leave it." Fairy Godmother said as she now chose to intervene at this moment. I took my place next to Audrey as we made our presence known. The taller boy looked at Audrey and I, sending both of us a flirtatious smile as he took a step towards us.

"Hello, foxy. The name's Jay." Jay said as he took a look at us. Audrey sent out a nervous laugh as she grabbed a hold of Ben. Jay noticed her reaction; soon turning his attention to me.

"Jay, I believe you need to work on your flirting." I said as Jay lost his confidence a bit before regaining a smile on his face. Fairy Godmother cleared her throat, getting everyone's attention.

"Welcome to Auradon prep. I'm Fairy Godmother, headmistress." She introduced herself. I noticed the reaction of the purple hair girl as her eyes widened a bit at the news.

"The fairy godmother? As in, "Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo"?" the girl questioned as she stated the famous fairy tale quote.

"Bibbidi-bobbidi. You know it." Fairy Godmother said as she gave them a big smile in return. Ben and I looked at each other in confusion at the headmistress's attitude.

"Yeah, I always wondered what it felt like for Cinderella when you just appeared, out of nowhere, with that sparkly wand and warm smile." the girl stated as she clapped her hands together. I heard Fairy Godmother let out a small "oh" in return. "And that sparkling wand." the girl said yet again. I narrowed my eyes at the villain kids as they were making it way too obvious of what they wanted.

"That was a long time ago. And as I always say, "Don't focus on the past or you'll miss the future." Fairy Godmother said as she waved her arms around. I let out a sigh, realizing that this "welcome" ceremony might take longer than I expected.

"It's so good to finally meet you all. I'm Ben." Ben said, introducing himself towards the group.

"Prince Benjamin. Soon to be king." Audrey quickly added as she tightened her grip on his arm, looking at him with a smile.

"You had me at Prince. My mom's a queen, which makes me a princess." the blue hair girl stated, making her way to Ben at the news of his status. A smirk formed on my lips as I knew the moment she took a step forward, Audrey would react.

"The evil queen has no royal status here, and neither do you." Audrey stated quickly, giving the girl a look from head to toe. I shook my head at the princess's actions, knowing she would forever be this arrogant. That was when an idea popped into my mind.

"Yeah, hi. Audrey dear, actually Evie here does have a status whether it's here, on the Isle, or the afterlife. Once a princess is always a princess." I said with a smile. I looked over at Evie as she was in shock that someone here would stand up for her.

"This is Audrey. And this is Cassandra she's new here too." Ben said, introducing both of us. Audrey's attitude was intense, and I wouldn't be surprised if she exploded with rage the longer she stayed around us.

"Princess Audrey. His girlfriend. Right, Benny Boo?" Audrey stated, making it clear to the villain's that she is a royal and with the future king of this godforsaken land. Fairy Godmother decided to break this tension between us as she spoke up.

"Ben, Audrey, and Cassandra are going to show you all around, and I'll see you tomorrow." Fairy Godmother said towards the villain's kids. "The doors of wisdom are never shut. But the library hours are from 8:00 to 11:00. And as you may have heard, I have a little thing about curfews." she stated before walking away from us. Ben took this opportunity to shake the villains hands, forgetting that we are all close in age and not some royals on his parents' community board.

"It is so, so, so good to finally me... meet you all." he said, rubbing his arm after being punched by Jay. "This is a momentous occasion, and one that I hope will go down in history," he continued moving down the line to Evie. "... Is that chocolate?" he questioned, noticing that his hand was covered in it by the white-haired boy. "As the day our two peoples began to heal." Ben ended as he continued to shake the purple girl's hand.

"Or the day that you showed four people where the bathrooms are." The girl said, clearly annoyed that this was taking forever.

"A little bit over the top?" Ben asked as he looked my way. I mouthed to him. "No way!" As he let out a small laugh, rubbing the back of his neck.

"A little more than a little bit." the girl replied as she shrugged her shoulders in return.

"Well, so much for my first impression." Ben said with a laugh as he wrapped his arm around me. I lightly hit his chest at his comment, knowing that he needs to learn to lighten up a bit.

"At least their first impression was more exciting than yours." I jokingly said to Ben, earning a few laughs from the others. Audrey looked at her boyfriend as his attention was on someone else. "Besides, I'm grateful that Mal spoke up because this was taking forever." I stated, nudging my head to Mal's direction.

"Hey! You're Maleficent's daughter, aren't you? Yeah, you know what? I totally do not blame you for your mother trying to kill my parents and stuff." Audrey quickly said, causing everyone to focus on her. "Oh, my mom's Aurora. Sleeping..."

"Beauty! Yeah, I've heard the name. You know, and I totally do not blame your grandparents for inviting everyone in the whole world but my mother to their stupid christening." Mal stated, forcing a smile at Audrey.

"Water under the bridge." Audrey said, forcing a smile. I rolled my eyes at the two, already knowing that they hated each other.

"Totes!" Mal agreed. Soon after, the two girls started to chuckle before sighing loudly. I nudged Ben so he could get this tour started before a fight broke out here.

"Okay! So, how about a tour? Yeah? Auradon prep, originally built over 300 years ago and converted into a high school by my father when he became king." Ben stated as we walked to a statue of his father. I walked by Evie in silence, but every now and then, I would notice that Evie wanted to say something to me.

"Hey Evie." I said to her, causing her to look my way. "Back there with the whole princess status. I meant what I said, wherever you are, you'll always stay a princess. Well, until you know, become queen, but that's a different story." I said to her.

"Thanks for that." Evie said. I noticed that her attitude was back to what I assumed was her normal self. Ben clapped his hands as the king's statue transformed from his past self to now. That was when I saw Carlos in the arms of Jay. "Carlos, It's okay. My father wanted his statue to morph from beast to man to remind us that anything is possible.

"Does he shed much?" Mal questioned, clearly making a joke. I laughed at her words, causing her to look at me.

"A curse is a curse. There are still lasting effects afterward." I said towards her.

"Yeah, mom won't let him on the couch." Ben stated. I shook my head, not knowing if he knew she was joking or playing along with it. From the corner of my eye, though, I could tell that Audrey was upset at him for even talking to her family's enemy.

"So you guys have a lot of magic here in Auradon? Like wands and things like that?" Mal asked. I let out a sigh at how obvious she wants to know about Fairy Godmother's wand.

"Yeah, it exists, of course, but it's pretty much retired. Most of us here are just ordinary mortals." Ben stated. As a prince, he was clueless just like the rest of the royals here. They haven't seen the outside world and people who are not just "ordinary mortals."

"Who happened to be kings and queens." Mal pointed out. Even though she was half right, Mal was just as clueless as the prince. Listening to their conversation got on my nerves, but I reminded myself to stay calm.

"That's true. Our royal blood goes back hundreds of years." Aurdey interrupted the two.

"And yet if you royals would actually go out into the real world, you guys won't survive." I said, earning a curious expression from Ben. I loudly let out a sigh, looking away from him.

"Doug. Doug, come down. This is Doug. He's going to help you with your class schedules and show you the rest of the dorms. I'll see you later, okay? And if there is anything you need, feel free to..." Ben said as Doug made his way down the staircase.

"Ask Doug or Cassandra." Audrey said as she dragged Ben away from us. The villains looked at me as I gave them an apologetic look for the snobby princess actions.

"Doug, please save me here." I said towards the boy. Doug let out a small laugh before giving me a hug. Turning to the villains, he decided to introduce himself.

"Hi, guys. I'm Dopey's son. As in Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Happy, Grumpy, Sleepy, and... Heigh-ho." Doug stopped as he stared at Evie.

"Evie. Evil Queen's daughter." She said in a flirtatious tone. I nudged Doug to focus back on what he had to say.

"Okay. So about your classes, I, uh, put in the requirements already... history of woodsmen and pirates, safety rules for the Internet, and, uh, remedial goodness 101." Doug stated.

"Let me guess. New class? Come on, guys, let's go find our dorms." Mal said, clearly annoyed about the news of having to take remedial of goodness. The four of them walked away in the wrong direction as I held up my hand, counting down until Doug corrected them.

"Oh, uh, yeah, your dorms are that way, guys. Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Happy, Grumpy, Sleepy, and..." He whispered, forgetting one of his many uncles.

"Sneezy." Carlos and I both reminded Doug as we left him behind. The kids followed me down the hall as those around us whispered amongst themselves. Now I won't be the only person who will be talked about, I thought to myself. That's when it made me realize how easy it'll be for me to focus on why I'm really here. "Okay, Jay. Carlos. Your guys' dorm is down that hallway, three doors, and to the left." I said to the boys as Jay took the lead with Carlos following behind him. I continued walking, leading the girls to their dorm, stopping once we reached their room. Mal was the one to open their door as the three of us walked into the room.

"Wow. This place is so amaz..." Evie said she was excited about this place but was soon interrupted by Mal's opinion. Gross was just the word to describe the design of the room. Evie agreed only to soon look in awe of how princess-like the room is.

"Ew. Ugh! I'm going to need some serious sunscreen." Mal was annoyed that the curtains were open.

"E." She snapped, causing Evie to quickly close them for her friend. "Whew! That is much better." Mal said, glancing at the new improvements of their room. I closed the door behind us, crossing my arms as I faced them.

"Now, since it's the three of us, you guys can drop the act." I said to them, Mal and Evie glanced at each other, not really sure what to do. "Look, Mal, for starters, you were making it way too obvious out there about wanting the wand." I said as I examined my nails.

"We don't want the wand. I'm just curious, that's all." Mal said as she tried to convince me. I took a step forward to her, noticing her eyes flashed green.

"Of course you don't want it, but your parents do." I emphasized the word "you. " Her eyes widened as I gave her a smirk, "Instead, you guys are going to get it for me.". Mal raised her eyebrow, curious for my intention of getting the wand.

"What does an Auradon kid want with the wand?" Mal questioned. I laughed at the girls' statement while shaking my head at them.

"Look when you and your friends go out tonight. If you succeed in getting that wand, it's mine." I stated. As I walked to the door, I turned back around to remind them of an important lesson, "Sometimes you guys have to notice your surroundings. There's always a villain in plain sight." I said as the two girls didn't respond.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127 1 5
Mal, Evie, Isla, Carlos and Jay try to adjust to life in Auradon, but Mal becomes overwhelmed with pressure and returns to her roots. Disclaimer: I d...
9.1K 104 25
After mal,carlos,jay,and evie graduate jay felt stronger feelings than ever but will he be able to express it?
125K 2.5K 22
Auradon Prep goes on a field trip to the island. While there, Mal, Carlos, Evie and Jay have trouble keeping out of old habits. The kids from Auradon...
272K 3.3K 46
Starts off with Graduating form Auradon Prep and follows Mal, Ben and their friends through life. Couples are Ben and Mal Evie and Doug Carlos and J...