I'll Remember Someday... Fred...

By CharlieA

Teen mom? Check. The Dark Lord's daughter? Check. Amnesia? Check. Was there anything else? Harry Potter has w... More

I'll Remember Someday... Fred Weasley
{Chapter 2} Lost Memories
{Chapter 3} Tommy's an Arse
{Chapter 4} Welcome to Weasley Wizard Wheezes
{Chapter 5} Is it really Just Pity?
{Chapter 6} A Date with Fred Weasley
{Chapter 7} Verity's Plan
{Filler} A Morning with Caitlin and George
{Chapter 9} The Weasley Rememberance
{Chapter 10} That's not Everything
{Chapter 11} A Chaotic Dinner
{Chapter 12} Heads will Turn
{Chapter 13} Firewhisky
{Chapter 14} The Other Marley
{Chapter 15} The Hangover, News
{Chapter 16} Confusion
{Chapter 17} Birthday Date
{Chapter 18} The Photo Album
{Chapter 19} Someday
{Chapter 20} Happily Ever After
{Epilogue}

{Chapter 8} Pillows, they really do work!

10.2K 312 148
By CharlieA

Disclaimer: Do not own any harry potter characters.

Chapter 8: Pillows, they really do work!

            “HOW COULD YOU DO THAT? ARE YOU COMPLETELY MENTAL?!” Caitlin yelled at me as I sat on her, and George’s bed taking the lecture. I was told I was suppose to come over to Fred, George and Caitlin’s apartment above the joke shop, because Caitlin needed to talk to me. I knew she probably would want to talk to me about what happened between Verity, Fred and I. It has been a week actually since that incident, so I was sort of surprised that it took her this long for her to figure something was up, well she did when she realized Fred was sort of giving me the cold shoulder and I was doing the same. Well she had forced me to come over and spill my guts out about what happened that week, well when I did, let’s just say she was not the happy, bubbly, random girl I knew. “I mean seriously Marley! How could you let her do that to you!? And why in the world say you were going with Matt?!” she yelled glaring at me, like a mother did with her child. I sighed.

“I’m not sure why I told them I was going with Matt…. It was just the thought of Fred and Verity going together, and the fact that Fred didn’t object really to the idea that I think drove me to say it.” I said with a sigh, I was such a girl.

“I can not believe you.” She said shaking her in a disapproval matter. “If you would have just said something! I mean Fred is not the most brilliant man on the planet! Bloody hell, he doesn’t really know a lot about girls and feelings! How can you expect him to know that you wanted to go with him to the wedding?” Caitlin said as I sighed again.

“I know… it’s just… I didn’t want to give Verity the satisfaction of seeing me jealous or upset. So I just blurted it out…” I said, “And its not like I really wanted to go with Fred, I mean it would have been nice, but I’m sure I’ll have just as much as a good time with Matt.” I said trying to get off the subject as Caitlin glared at me.

“Oh no, I know what you’re trying to do. I know you wanted to go with Fred, and the next time I see that Verity I am going to slap the daylight out of her!” Caitlin seethed.

“No!” I yelled as she cocked an eyebrow at me. “Don’t do that.”

“Why not?” she asked curiously, “She deserves it for what she’s done, bloody hell she deserves to be fired! You need to tell Fred the truth about that…. bi-“

“Caitlin!” I yelled as she sighed.

“Sorry, but it’s the truth. She irks me.” She said as her left eye twitched, it only twitched when she was really mad.

“She irks me too… and trusts me, I wanted to slap her that day in the joke shop just as much as you do, but Clary was with me and I had to keep a calm head. I am not about to give that girl the satisfaction of seeing me upset over what she’s done.” I said as Caitlin rolled her eyes.

“You can do that, but I want to punch the girl.” She said as I smiled slightly.

“Well you can’t, because then she’ll know I came running to you and think I need you to defend my battles for me.” I said as Caitlin stared at me incredulously.

“You do.” She stated as I blushed slightly.

“Well yeah, but we’re not here to talk about that.” I waved off as she sighed rubbing her temples together.

“Then what are we talking about? Because now you have me confused? Why can’t you just tell Fred you want to go with him again?” she asked as I sighed.

“Well… First off, it’s not like I really mind if I go with him or not, and I’ve already asked Matt, and he accepted happily. So I can’t just blow him off, he’s a nice guy.” I said as Caitlin frowned slightly.

“Are you falling for Tom’s boy?” Caitlin asked as I felt the blush creep on my face.

“No….” I said quietly, was I falling for Matt? Nah. “Look, I can’t just blow him off. I’m really not sure actually what I’m trying to do…. I mean I want Fred to notice me when were at the wedding…” I said as I immediately clamped my hands over my mouth, realizing I just said that out loud. I looked up wide eyes to see Caitlin grinning evilly at me.

“Oh I can make that happen.” She said with an air of confidence, that I feared so much.

“What do you mean?” I asked hesitantly.

“You’ll see. I mean you are my bridesmaid.” She said as I cocked an eyebrow.

“What does that mean? So are Ginny and umm…. Hermione.” I said slightly forgetting the other girl’s name. I’ve met them once before, but sometimes it was still hard trying to remember.

“Well, I do get to pick what my bridesmaids will wear.” She said with a smirk as my eyes widened even more.

“You wouldn’t possibly make me wear something….. revealing.” I said as she smiled.

“We’ll see.” She said as I glared at her.

“Caitlin!” I whined as she smiled.

“Well if you would have just told Fred you wanted to go with him in the first place, you would not be in this situation now would you?” she asked as I felt the heat rise to my cheeks.

“I never said….” I trailed off, I mean I sort of did want to go with Fred, but it’s not like it was a big deal or anything…. I mean, not really.

“Caitlin! Are you and Miss Marley done with your girl talk yet?” I heard a familiar voice ask as George popped his head in through the door. Caitlin sent him daggers.

“NO! We are trying to have a private conversation here, sweetheart!” she yelled as she grabbed a pillow off of the bed and threw it at George’s face. It hit him lightly and fell to the ground with a small thud. He just looked at her with an emotionless face.

“I see.” Was all he said and his head disappeared back out the door. I cocked an eyebrow as I looked at Caitlin who was now grinning from ear to ear.

“So that is how you handle situations?” I asked as she smiled.

“That’s how Georgie and I handle our problems. With pillows!” she announced childishly as I smiled.

“Of course.” I laughed as she smiled.

“Hey you should try it sometime, it really does work.” She said as I rolled my eyes at her childish ways. “So how are you and Fred boy doing besides that?”

I sighed again, it seemed like I was sighing a lot today. “Well, if you must know. Mr. Weasley has been giving me the cold shoulder.” I said seething; I was just as mad at Fred for being mad at me.

“Well can you blame the dude?” Caitlin asked as I frowned.

“I don’t see why not.”

“Come on Marley, cut the guy some slack. He really wanted to go with you, and then you just sort of tell him to go with Verity and then say you’re going with Matt. He probably is a little peeved after that.” she said as I felt a bit guilty, but it soon washed away. I was stubborn and I was not about to let Fred’s reason for being angry with me be right.

“Well if he really wanted to go with me that badly, then he should have asked me right away. Not try to question his way.” I said firmly as Caitlin rolled her eyes.

“You two are so stubborn.” She said as I blushed slightly.

“Look I admit I probably shouldn’t have said I was going with Matt. But I’m still angry at him.” I said as Caitlin sighed.

“Well you have to get pass it somehow, I mean you are going to be staying with him and the rest of the Weasleys for four days.” Caitlin said as my eyes almost completely bugged out of their sockets.

“What?!” I exclaimed as Caitlin smiled.

“Oh right, I forgot to mention that to you didn’t I?” she asked as I nodded. “Well, next Tuesday is the wedding you know, well you and Clary are suppose to come with Fred, George and I to the burrow on Saturday to help us get ready, since you are a bridesmaid for the wedding, since it is going to be at the burrow.” Caitlin said as I blinked a couple times.

“YOU’RE TELLING ME THIS NOW?!” I exclaimed horrified, I mean that was only a couple more days away!

“Yes.” She stated simply with her oh so witty smile.

“Caitlin! I couldn’t possibly impose on the Weasleys, especially since there are already going to be so many people. I mean didn’t you tell me your mother was going to be down there as well?” I asked as Caitlin sighed.

“Unfortunately yes, she’s coming down Monday so she can have dinner with George’s parents and then she’s staying for the wedding obviously. But that is why I need you there even more! I need you there so you can keep me from killing that woman, because I’m sure she’s going to do something that will want me to string her neck.” She said as I shook my head, Caitlin, she looked so sweet and innocent, but boy did this girl have a scary mind.

“Then how is Matt going to get there?” I asked as Caitlin rolled her eyes.

“He’s a wizard; I’m sure he can either apparate there or use the floo network.” Caitlin said as I nodded. “Now come on, let’s go get you and lover boy talking again.”

This time I rolled my eyes as I followed Caitlin out the door and into the hallway, where we walked into the small living room, where George, Fred and Clary were all sitting around playing exploding snap cards. For some reason the image looked rather familiar, like I’ve seen them do this a million times before. “There’s my love!” George exclaimed rather dramatically as he stood up and picked up Caitlin in the air. “I missed you so much!” he yelled as I rolled my eyes as Caitlin laughed.

“Please George, I don’t do clingy men.” Caitlin said as she smiled at George who stopped hugging her and gave a stern look.

“Right,” George said straightening up, “who wants those.” George said adverting his gaze.

I rolled my eyes at the two couple as I looked to see Fred paying me no mind as he continued to play the game with Clary, who looked up at me and smiled. “Mommy, wanna play?” Clary asked as I smiled sheepishly as I gave Caitlin a quick glance to see her nod.

I sighed again, “Uh maybe later sweetie, but I actually need to talk to Fred if that’s okay?” I asked as I looked over at Fred now to see he glanced up at me to see he had no expression on his face.

“Sure.” He said as he stood up and started to walk away as I followed him, soon we had entered his room. I had never been in his room before, it was small. A small brown bed in the middle of the room, with his dresser on the other side, his walls were painted a dark blue color, and there were picture frames of his family everywhere. I noticed a small photo album on the dresser, which sort of made me want to look inside of it. I immediately stopped once I saw Fred looking down at me with his arms crossed across his chest. “So what did you want to talk about?” Fred asked staring down at me.

“Well… umm I just wanted to talk about that day at the joke shop.” I said as I quickly shut the door behind us, making sure Caitlin and George wouldn’t eavesdrop on us. “Look you may think that I like Matt but,”

“I don’t care if you go with Matt or not.” Fred stated as I stopped and stared at him.

“Well um, I was just saying sorry for telling you to go with Verity.” I said as Fred smirked.

“Oh I don’t mind going with Verity, she’ll be a fun date, no doubt.” He said as my eyes almost bugged out of my eye sockets again.

“What? Verity? She’s probably going to be the most boring date.” I stated bluntly, as I blushed realizing what I said as I looked to see Fred smirked.

“Well you obviously wanted me to go with her. What are you jealous now?” he asked as I glared at the handsome boy in front of me.

“Oh please. Me? Jealous? That’s not going to happen.” I stated as Fred grinned.

“I bet you are and that’s not my problem. You’re the one that said I should go with her. So I am, and you obviously were already going to go with Matt, so who really cares?” he asked as I glared at him.

“Look, Fred I was only apologizing for blurting out that you should go with Verity, I shouldn’t have made you go with her.” I said as Fred grinned.

“Like I said, it’ll be fun. I can have fun with any girl, and every girl practically wants to go on a date with me.” Fred said cockily as I glared at him again.

“You know all you have to do is say okay Marley. I’m just apologizing, I just don’t want this coldness from you anymore.” I said glaring at him as he smirked.

“Oh right, well okay Marley. Better? Now can I go?” Fred asked as he moved past me and was heading towards the door. I glared at his fleeting figure and felt rage boil up inside me; I looked down to see a pillow on the bed. And before I knew it the pillow was out of my hands and had hit Fred in the back of his head.

He stopped immediately as he turned around and picked up the pillow from the ground and looked at me with an eyebrow raised. “A pillow?” he questioned as I glared at him.

“Yes! It’s a pillow! You git!” I yelled as I grabbed the rest of the pillows off of his bed and started pounding him with the pillows.

“Marley!” Fred yelled as I beat him with the pillows, soon he had fallen to the ground and I was sitting on top of him hitting him over and over with the pillows, I could feel the tears trying to break through. “Marley! Stop!” he yelled through fits of laughter as I continued to hit him out of rage. He was making me so angry, why couldn’t he just go back to the normal Fred I was friends with?! “What are you trying to do?!”

“I’m trying to show you that I’m upset!” I yelled still hitting him with the pillows, until he finally grabbed my wrist preventing me from hitting him. I opened my eyes to see Fred looking up at me as I noticed I was starting to cry. “Bloody hell,” I said quietly scolding myself for crying.

“Marley?” he questioned as I looked down at the worried man staring up at me.

“Stop calling me that! Call me Miss Riddle like you usually do!” I yelled angrily, “I just want Fred back, the one who teases me the one that makes fun of me. The one that makes me laugh! Please stop giving me the cold shoulder!” I yelled through the tears as Fred sat up looking at me.

“Miss Riddle,” he said softly as he pushed a few strands of hair from my tear soaked face, “I didn’t know you cared so much.” He said with a grin as I felt my cheeks burn.

“Git.” I said quietly as I felt the corners of my lips twitching. “Does this mean I’m forgiven?”

Fred smiled as he looked at me, “I really wasn’t ever mad at you, love. I just wanted to give you grief about it.” He said as he flicked my nose, I blushed and glared at the man.

“You really are a nark, you know that Fred.” I said with a smile as Fred grinned.

“Ah, but you still came after me.” He said as I rolled my eyes, “You know I really love this position we’re in.” I looked to see I was basically in Fred’s lap as I felt my cheeks heat up immediately and then I stood up quickly.

“Well err right, I’m glad this little rift is past us.” I said as I could still feel the burn on my face.

“Wait, I have to know one thing.” Fred said turning towards me as I cocked an eyebrow at him. “Where did you get the pillow idea?”

I smiled, “Now that, is a secret.” I said with a grin as I turned around and started to leave.

I guess Caitlin was right, pillows really do work.

________________________________________________________________________________

Well i hope you guys liked this one! Its not really long, but we are getting close to Caitlin's wedding and after that we will be even closer to the end! Yeah, I'm trying not to make this one really long. But i hope you guys liked this chapter, I will try to post another up tomorrow. But i want to try to make my one shots for the people i was going to make a one shot to first!

Thanks for all the support guys you all are amazing! Make sure to check out xxTheDreamerxx, her fan fiction is awesome!!! And 3DaysfromLove, i seriously love her writing and her story. I even like the new one she is writing!!! :) It looks epic haha. And of course make sure to check out IAmFred, IAmGeorge stories. I love Skyla and the Marauders and i have a little character in there as well :) and Finding Fred Weasley is awesome as well! :)

VOTE. COMMENT. FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you my loving fans!

Song of the Day: The Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 146 71
Written in first person, this is story of a Ravenclaw, Mary, who falls in love with Fred Weasley. At first, it's perfect, but she learns that he has...
191K 9.4K 37
Waldosia: n. [Brit. wallesia] a condition characterized by scanning faces in a crowd looking for a specific person who would have no reason to be the...
296K 8.5K 53
Sixth year is over, The Battle of the Astronomy Tower has been lost and won, Dumbledore is dead. Everything in Olivia's twisted world is going to sh...
1.2K 58 12
[POST DH] It was that time of year again--the annual Malfoy Manor ball, celebrating the wizarding world's victory against the Dark Lord, three years...